Forum Settings
Forums

'Monogatari' Novel Series to Continue With 'Monster Season' This Year

New
Jan 15, 2017 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
The final book of NisiOisiN's Monogatari Series: Off Season, Musubimonogatari, which was released on January 12, revealed that a new set of books under Monster Season will be released this year, starting with Shinobumonogatari.

Monogatari Series: Off Season is a Monogatari Series: First Season side-story, consisting of four books that take place throughout the series' timeline.

The Monogatari Series has been adapted into multiple anime installments by animation studio Shaft. Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen, the latest adaptation and the final part of the film trilogy, opened in Japan on January 6.

Vertical Inc. has been publishing the light novel in English, with the second volume of Bakemonogatari to be shipped on February 28 and the first volume of Nisemonogatari on June 27.

Source: Hachima Kikou

News submitted by hpulley

Monogatari Series: Monster Season on MAL
VindstotAug 16, 2020 4:12 PM
Jan 15, 2017 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
its good that i dropped and no longer follow this franchise since it will never end as long as it sells so well
Jan 15, 2017 8:12 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'm so hyped for this. As much as I'd like the series to have some proper conclusion, given I'm a fanboy, I'm glad it's still going at the same time.
Jan 15, 2017 8:50 PM

Apr 2014
AntwanMantilla said:
I'm so hyped for this. As much as I'd like the series to have some proper conclusion, given I'm a fanboy, I'm glad it's still going at the same time.
OWari3/Zoku give it a good enough conclusion. Off season is def just more fun.

People shouldnt be suprised that it isnt ending. Zaregoto's spin off is still being written to this day.
Jan 15, 2017 8:58 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
moodie said:
People shouldnt be suprised that it isnt ending. Zaregoto's spin off is still being written to this day.

I didn't even know Zaregoto had a spin off. I'm waiting for Vertical's release of the first book.
Jan 15, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
YES YES YES YES YES I AM SO IN LOVE. I NEED MORE ARARAGI.

Jan 15, 2017 9:49 PM

Nov 2014
dear Lord Hitagi looks amazing, like a goddess.
Jan 15, 2017 11:17 PM

Apr 2009
Just end this franchise ffs.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 15, 2017 11:18 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wondering if Shaft will ever adapt the side novels. If so, it would be nice if they adapt these before Zoku-Owari, since it would be nice if they kept that for last.

...On second thought though, Musubimonogatari takes place after Zoku-Owari, so I guess Off Season stiff should be adapted after Zoku-Owari (if Off Season stuff does get adapted)
GoldenDevilGamerJan 15, 2017 11:28 PM
Jan 16, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Wondering if Shaft will ever adapt the side novels. If so, it would be nice if they adapt these before Zoku-Owari, since it would be nice if they kept that for last.

...On second thought though, Musubimonogatari takes place after Zoku-Owari, so I guess Off Season stiff should be adapted after Zoku-Owari (if Off Season stuff does get adapted)
Kodansha and Aniplex probably have more clout on the decision but I sure hope they decide to adapt it all, animated by Shaft of course. Looking at the yearly BD sales, Monogatari still sells well enough in my mind. I just hope the production committee agrees. I would love to see Off Season animated so I really hope it happens. Some great stories in there, really fun stuff although a few arcs will be challenging to animate.
Jan 16, 2017 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
AntwanMantilla said:
moodie said:

I didn't even know Zaregoto had a spin off. I'm waiting for Vertical's release of the first book.

Zaregoto has two spinoffs, ningen which is already completed and saikyou which is ongoing. Pity that they aren't translated

On topic, wonder Shaft will hop in to animate the off seasons too.
Jan 16, 2017 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
i'm surprised that off season is finished with just 4 books but i'm definitely happy that there will be another season.
hopefully shaft will adapt every story/book and hopefully vertical will publish all novels. i've recently started reading bakemonogatari and instantly fell in love with nisioisins writing (assuming the translation is accurate to his style)
Jan 16, 2017 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
Frostbytes said:
AntwanMantilla said:

Zaregoto has two spinoffs, ningen which is already completed and saikyou which is ongoing. Pity that they aren't translated

On topic, wonder Shaft will hop in to animate the off seasons too.
I just hope they at least find time to animate Owarimonogatari S2 and Zoku...
Jan 16, 2017 5:30 AM

Dec 2015
Ah yes, the never ending LN franchise gets another sequel.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 16, 2017 6:57 AM

Sep 2013
I'm excited. But still not seeing the end of Zoku Owarimonogatari makes it hard to speculate what this might be about.
Jan 16, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Gotta milk it and milk it hard.
Jan 16, 2017 11:44 AM
Jan 2016
OMFG I freaking love Monogatari, JoJo and Natsume yuujinshou because their endless seasons which would normally destroy a series but in their oh so unique cases make them 10x better.

MINOR SPOILER WARNING, YOUR ADVISED\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

NOT REALLY

I read that a teaser in Off season teased that this will be about araragi 23 year old policeman hyyyyyyppe hope he will mature but still be enjoyable, like kaiki.
Jan 16, 2017 12:50 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
hpulley said:
Kodansha and Aniplex probably have more clout on the decision but I sure hope they decide to adapt it all, animated by Shaft of course. Looking at the yearly BD sales, Monogatari still sells well enough in my mind. I just hope the production committee agrees. I would love to see Off Season animated so I really hope it happens. Some great stories in there, really fun stuff although a few arcs will be challenging to animate.

According to Aniplex's president Atsuhiro Iwakami, Off Season's anime is already in progress. (Source: _syoan via Twitter)

Of course, Monster Season will also be animated, eventually.

Jan 16, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
Vindstot said:
hpulley said:

According to Aniplex's president Atsuhiro Iwakami, Off Season's anime is already in progress. (Source: _syoan via Twitter)

Very good to see! I missed that, thanks for posting. Might be worthy of its own article?
Jan 16, 2017 1:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
hpulley said:
Vindstot said:

Very good to see! I missed that, thanks for posting. Might be worthy of its own article?

Owarimonogatari's second season was announced to be in production a while ago, but didn't receive its own article likely due to the lack of a premiere date. Once it's revealed, we'll include this as well. I reckon it won't be too far from now.

Thanks for the news submission, by the way.

Jan 16, 2017 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
Vindstot said:
hpulley said:

Owarimonogatari's second season was announced to be in production a while ago, but didn't receive its own article likely due to the lack of a premiere date. Once it's revealed, we'll include this as well. I reckon it won't be too far from now.
Yeah, not quite a proper greenlight announcement yet. Just wonder as Owari2 has to be it's own cour, earliest I figure it could be is summer as I think we'd know already if it was coming in spring. Zoku could be a 4 episode special, perhaps for New Year's Eve, they like to do that. Then maybe Off Season in 2018, 2 cour summer-fall perhaps? Then a wait for Monster Season.
Jan 16, 2017 1:30 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Vindstot said:

Thank you. Knowing that Off Season is already being worked on makes me glee with joy.
Jan 16, 2017 3:26 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
hpulley said:
Vindstot said:

Yeah, not quite a proper greenlight announcement yet. Just wonder as Owari2 has to be it's own cour, earliest I figure it could be is summer as I think we'd know already if it was coming in spring. Zoku could be a 4 episode special, perhaps for New Year's Eve, they like to do that. Then maybe Off Season in 2018, 2 cour summer-fall perhaps? Then a wait for Monster Season.

I'd like to be as optimistic as you, but the releases of the adaptations probably won't be as fast. SHAFT has a movie this Fall and Fate/Extra Last Encore in Winter 2018, as well as the Zaregoto OVAs, which has already been delayed once.

But if nothing else, Owarimonogatari's second season should at least air this year.

Jan 16, 2017 6:08 PM

Sep 2015
I'm so excited 😭😭😭😭😭
Jan 16, 2017 7:22 PM

Aug 2012
Musubimonogatari is one LN that i want to see adapted the most of this Off-season

Araragi Cop? How cool is that?

I'm glad Nishio still have awesome ideias for the series, keep them coming!
Jan 16, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2016
Welp, guess I was wrong then. I totally thought he would end the series with the sixth book of off season, but I guess it really is gonna go forever :|
Jan 17, 2017 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
AWW YEA

HYPE!

Now to hope Shaft adapts Ningen series as well after Zaregoto ends....

LONG LIVE NISIO ISIN!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jan 17, 2017 12:22 PM

Nov 2011
More Monogatari sounds like good news. I'm excited to read this in the future.
Jan 17, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2013
Good for the fans i guess.
I wonder if i will ever get into this..
Jan 17, 2017 6:24 PM

Nov 2015
Ishin-san just can't let the money go and his stories fade away, hahah. That's a nice thing, after all.

Nishiou said:
Good for the fans i guess.
I wonder if i will ever get into this..

It's pretty good, i would recommend.
Jan 21, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
I'm certainly not surprised. I haven't read the novels past the first series, but all the anime sequels beyond the second series were pretty disappointing. Regardless, I probably won't give up on the series until it's completely dead.
Jan 22, 2017 7:10 AM

Oct 2015
I bought every volumes of the Novel from the series
Jan 22, 2017 8:13 AM

Sep 2012
Nevann said:
Me too! Great stuff, a real masterpiece of a series.
Jan 22, 2017 6:14 PM

Oct 2015
hpulley said:
Nevann said:
But now I have find some way to go to Japan again.
Jan 22, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
Nevann said:
hpulley said:
Agreed. I lived there for a while and always want to go back. But I get the books from Amazon Japan.
Jan 23, 2017 12:06 AM

Oct 2015
hpulley said:
Nevann said:
Agreed. I lived there for a while and always want to go back. But I get the books from Amazon Japan.

Well for me shipping the book is just not satisfying.
Jan 23, 2017 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
Nevann said:
hpulley said:

Well for me shipping the book is just not satisfying.
Agreed, nothing better than picking it up from a bookstore in Japan but sadly I don't travel to Japan often enough. I'm too impatient. I pre order them all so I don't get spoiled on twitter.

More topics from this board

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
33 minutes ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - 12 hours ago

14 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
10 hours ago

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

13 by tragedydesu »»
11 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

44 by ZeroAXL »»
Today, 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.