Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2017 6:57 PM

May 2015
fishpun said:
Kittens-kun said:
It's be stated many times, he's not actually her brother.

oh i know, and it makes it a little bit better, but she still calls him brother all the time so it's like... :/

Maybe calling him "brother" is a little strange, but they've known each other for a long time and are very close, so he's kinda like a brother to her (like a part of the family)

Jan 12, 2017 7:00 PM

Jun 2015
xicogui said:
That was interesting, the ED and OP are great.
But a lot of people are saying this is a "mature romance", why? just because they got a little bit more intimate than in other anime? since when is having spicy scenes=mature that's the same philosophy of saying that it having blood and gore=mature, doesn't make sense.

I think most people call it a "mature" romance because of what happens later on. No major spoilers or anything but this isn't your typical high school romcom. And it's not just because there's some lewd scenes.
Jan 12, 2017 7:06 PM

Nov 2015
ixaa said:
xicogui said:
That was interesting, the ED and OP are great.
But a lot of people are saying this is a "mature romance", why? just because they got a little bit more intimate than in other anime? since when is having spicy scenes=mature that's the same philosophy of saying that it having blood and gore=mature, doesn't make sense.

I think most people call it a "mature" romance because of what happens later on. No major spoilers or anything but this isn't your typical high school romcom. And it's not just because there's some lewd scenes.

Well, it already looks like it's not gonna be the typical high school romance.
But I don't know anything that happens later on so was just judging it by the first episode.
Jan 12, 2017 7:22 PM

Aug 2016
Very interesting. You can really feel how fucking depressed they are. It's sad.
Jan 12, 2017 7:25 PM

Feb 2014
That was..... f*cking amazing. I love dark shit like this. Reminds me of Aku no Hana which is one of my favorite shows.
Jan 12, 2017 7:35 PM

Dec 2016
sirflimflam said:
...light hearted manga? Kuzu no Honkai was not a light hearted manga by any stretch of the imagination...
you either need to look up the definition of lighthearted or take a few minutes and read the first 5 chapters again. Hell, not even that, just read the first chapter. The manga isnt just sex, sex, NTR, depression and more sex, if you seriously still believe it isn't a "light hearted by any stretch of the imagination" you need to expand your ability to derive themes from a medium, because it seems you have trouble right now doing so if you think the manga is always depressing shit.
Jan 12, 2017 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
Tbh I was kind of worried about this adaptation, but I really enjoyed this first ep ^^ Can't wait to see more
Jan 12, 2017 8:03 PM
Dec 2011
If the anime will cover the entire manga, then I estimate something really good will happen in the 4th episode. hehe
Jan 12, 2017 8:08 PM
Jun 2010
This is the greatest anime of the decade. 10/10.
Jan 12, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2014
Well, this was hard to watch and a bit depressing, i don't know.

The bed scene gave me NTR vibes (even if i don't give a shit about the teacher) and the series in general give me a hentai everybody fucks everybody vibe.

I don't buy the fake relationship, the girl seems to be a total bitch (at least in process) and the guy is a.......horny emo?

I already hate the girl and i'm sure i'll hate everyone at the end of the show, i mean i'm interested but i don't know if i can watch it till the end.

God, now I need to see something lighter.
Jan 12, 2017 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
Thought it would suck but it wasn't bad at all. The manga inspired frames and frawn artstyle looked good.
Jan 12, 2017 8:33 PM

Nov 2014
Yachty said:
sirflimflam said:
...light hearted manga? Kuzu no Honkai was not a light hearted manga by any stretch of the imagination...
you either need to look up the definition of lighthearted or take a few minutes and read the first 5 chapters again. Hell, not even that, just read the first chapter. The manga isnt just sex, sex, NTR, depression and more sex, if you seriously still believe it isn't a "light hearted by any stretch of the imagination" you need to expand your ability to derive themes from a medium, because it seems you have trouble right now doing so if you think the manga is always depressing shit.

...how many chapters have you actually read? There's over 40 of them. Cherry picking a few of the less depressing chapters from the beginning where the real plot hasn't even opened up to the reader yet doesn't make the story anywhere near lighthearted.

I feel like I'm being trolled here and made to bite more than once... Oh well. I'm not going to bother responding to this any further.
Jan 12, 2017 8:34 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, that was all kinds of fucked up. Really enjoyed it though.

Reminds me of White Album 2 and Aku no Hana. Lerche really outdid themselves. The animation and art are gorgeous, the music is amazing, and I've been waiting for another mature romance anime for quite sometime. Interest level is definitely piqued.
Jan 12, 2017 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
I liked it. Let's see how it goes <3
Jan 12, 2017 8:52 PM

May 2015
really good. music was on point.
Jan 12, 2017 8:56 PM

Feb 2011
Not exactly what i expected from this series but I'm not sure if I'm surprised in a pleasant or bad way.. guess I'll have to keep watching. I liked the directing of the episode overall, it gives me some vibes that this anime will be pretty fucked up like Aku no Hana
Jan 12, 2017 9:08 PM

Nov 2014
That was strong. This show is exploring some surprisingly mature themes. I'm hooked, and looking forward to seeing where this story goes.

5/5
Jan 12, 2017 9:19 PM
Jan 2017
I like the show because of how realistic it is. I just hope for a happy ending for the 2 main characters, even if a happy ending isn't "realistic".
Jan 12, 2017 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
ilok said:
This is the greatest anime of the decade. 10/10.

Go watch Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien if you havent :) I mean if you like this as I do, I bet you will like that one too.
But I am expecting this to be the superior one, the setting just that much better, at least for me.
AlexGKJan 12, 2017 9:44 PM
Jan 12, 2017 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
This one will be interesting. Also, I really appreciate the mature treatment of intimate physicality. 1000x better than any accidental boob grab or panty shot.
Jan 12, 2017 9:47 PM

Jan 2011
-Trippwire- said:
This one will be interesting. Also, I really appreciate the mature treatment of intimate physicality. 1000x better than any accidental boob grab and panty shots.

+ 1
I believe its exactly shit like that (the accidental boob grab and panty shots) that makes people look down on the anime genre :/
Jan 12, 2017 10:42 PM

Apr 2015
I'm immensely interested after watching the first episode. How come I didn't heard about this until now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
I don't know about you guys but I'm just going to watch it for the lewds. It's been a while since we had such a well animated heterosexual kiss scene.
Jan 12, 2017 11:27 PM

Jul 2012
Wow.

Sold.

Longer impressions: Didn't expect it to go that way. Surprised. Don't really like the characters but the story has me hooked. Also, Zakki damn.
Jan 12, 2017 11:56 PM

Jun 2013
this show
Jan 13, 2017 12:22 AM

Mar 2015
As long as the ending is good (i.e. they're no longer friends with benefits) to this show I'm pretty happy.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jan 13, 2017 12:31 AM

Oct 2015
totally blown away from first episode. One can connect to story pretty nicely watching it you you chill because in everyone life there is someone we cant have
Jan 13, 2017 12:37 AM

Oct 2015
weebna said:
Finally. I've been so excited for this anime and it didn't disappoint me, I'm watching a good amount of winter 2017 animes and so far only 2/3 are good, for me it's not the best season but this.... Yes, this is amazing so far.
The opening and ending are also very good, I'm o excited for the next episode and to get to know the characters more!

I didn't expect Hanabi and Mugi to be like that right from the start but she was even thinking if she is a good replacement for him? So I guess some feelings will develop or maybe they will start liking each other but not realize it

I hope they do like each other this is so sad
Jan 13, 2017 12:41 AM
Dec 2016
Who's the protagonist of this series ?
Jan 13, 2017 1:53 AM

Oct 2015
Ryan_Kurniawan said:

Mugi and Hanabi are both MC.
Jan 13, 2017 2:04 AM
Jan 2016
ERO detected! lol

I would be very honest that I am really attracted on how the soft feelings of love and heartbroken slide smoothly into a eros scenes. I'm not how the manga goes, and I dont wanna know either since I will just follow the anime, but so I say, I love softcore. To be blunt, you will never find eros connected with emotions in hentai, but Kuzu no Honkai seems really promising and the way she describe her feelings really amaze me as an audience (moe character detected). The soft pastel colored animation, the music, the rain scenery (yea, that scenes) really built up the atmosphere!

Seems this winter 2017 filled up with tons promising anime.
Jan 13, 2017 2:15 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Beautiful animation, great first episode

Looking forward to more
Jan 13, 2017 3:02 AM
Jan 2016
OMG! first episode was totally intense and unexpected but then i saw it's R Rating
Jan 13, 2017 3:43 AM

Jan 2012
Whoa, that got me hyped for the rest of the series.
I just hope that this kind of depressing atmosphere won't turn later into shallow drama and nonsensical love polygons.
So at this moment I just can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 13, 2017 4:28 AM

Aug 2016
Loved it, it gives off quite a serious and mature tone, I look forward to episode 2.
Jan 13, 2017 4:31 AM

Aug 2015
FUCKING HELL YEAH.
If it was done by A-1 pictures it wouldve been generic and boring as always. But man, the directing, music, and art is beautiful. A generic story with great production behind it. Im in.
Jan 13, 2017 4:38 AM

Jan 2009
rizuxizu said:
Ryan_Kurniawan said:

Mugi and Hanabi are both MC.

They have the most screentime in the earlier part of the show. But almost all characters get their own character episodes, in which you hear from them via their "inner voice" (just like we got to hear Hanabi's inner voice in ep1).

If you want to know who in my opinion has the most interesting storyline and biggest impact: (Unless you know the manga, I'd say that you couldn't possibly guess right, so I'm spoiler-protecting it):

So, there is no such thing as real "MCs" in this one.
Jan 13, 2017 4:48 AM

Nov 2016
Interesting series. Not quite sure what to think of it yet. Definitely an aquired taste of an anime. I think I can see myself liking it after some time.
Jan 13, 2017 5:34 AM

Jul 2016
Dark... I've seen darkness in this anime, I don't know how it will progress, but I'm interested to watch the rest.
Jan 13, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2016
Kittens-kun said:
fishpun said:

oh i know, and it makes it a little bit better, but she still calls him brother all the time so it's like... :/

Maybe calling him "brother" is a little strange, but they've known each other for a long time and are very close, so he's kinda like a brother to her (like a part of the family)

Yeah, that''s why she wants to f*** him.
Jan 13, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
I dislike the manga, and I disliked this first episode. All the characters are dense and depressing idiots who makes me facepalm with every action they take. The only reason I'm here is for Akane because it's almost unfair how she's the most rational character in a show full of morons
Jan 13, 2017 6:20 AM

May 2015
The visuals blew me away and the OP/ED are great. Other than that, I got the first impression that this is going to be a depressing show. Or maybe it's just that the two MC's are really hopeless and miserable. It looks interesting, so I'll keep watching and see what it has in store.
Jan 13, 2017 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
Gonna say it now that the animation was terrible; just full of transitions of static images. When they did animate, it was just minor body movements, etc. etc.

Art style is great, animation is shit shit shit. I'm terribly annoyed at how everything in this anime is so perfect save for this little peeve.
Jan 13, 2017 7:28 AM
Oct 2014
It is great, but yet so sad..
It felt both of them are cheating themselves with this "pact"
Jan 13, 2017 7:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a childhood and family friend that later become your teacher eh
Quite the hopeless crush there

Minagawa sensei though sure is pretty
that explains why Hanabi's crush was blushing lol

Hmm so the main characters bonded because they both have rather hopeless crushes eh. Interesting premise though
Plus they see each other as replacements for each others crushes eh

Love the opening song though

Hmm for her crush and family friend to be her homeroom teacher
Hanabi must have been surprised and pleased
Well before she saw him speaking with Minagawa sensei eh

Lol the jealousy of Hanabi for Akane is real
Lol Hana being embarrassed by her mother when her crush is here
So Hana and her crush interacted a lot when she was little eh
That explains the crush

Lol speaking of unfair Noriko's shoes sure are
But Hana sure looked like she was having fun with her crush
So Hana doesn't have a father while Narumi hasn't got a mother
Thats why they ended up being family friends eh

Lol because of her crush's interest in Minagawa Hanabi hates her eh
So i wonder is Minagawa sensei also a friend to Mugi
Minagawa sensei looks kinda cute when she's embarrassed lol

So thats how Hanabi and Mugi met then eh
hmm so Minagawa sensei was a junior high teacher before she advanced to become a high school one eh
And she was Mugi's homeroom teacher too eh

Hmm so in the beginning they were both just messing around with their relationships eh
But as it went on it changed too eh

Wow that was a pretty harsh rejection there
Hmm so after that is the birth of the fake relationship between them eh
Though i think that both would end up falling for each other lol

Hmm that was an interesting first episode
The story looks pretty interesting as does the subject matter
Music was also pretty good
Looking forward to see where this goes though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 7:32 AM

May 2015
Perfect12 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Yeah, that''s why she wants to f*** him.

Well, that's part of love....

Jan 13, 2017 7:33 AM

May 2015
Arelynn said:
Gonna say it now that the animation was terrible; just full of transitions of static images. When they did animate, it was just minor body movements, etc. etc.

Art style is great, animation is shit shit shit. I'm terribly annoyed at how everything in this anime is so perfect save for this little peeve.

This is one of the better looking show this season...

Jan 13, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
I am reading the manga so I was curious on how they are going to show some certain scenes lol.

That was a good first episode.
The artwork looks good, the opening is okay too.
The teacher look as pretty as she is in the manga, although I though Mugi looked weird and old at first but later it turned okay.
Jan 13, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, these kids are royally fucked up.
This will be a depressive rollercoaster.
Jan 13, 2017 8:21 AM

Mar 2010
Badly drawn, badly animated, blurry piece of shit.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

434 by Anairo2808 »»
May 29, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.