Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2016 6:27 AM

May 2013
Isn't the mentality of the background characters just a bit too convenient for the plot? I mean they just happened to believe that the "almighty" 'Biba the Liberator' is easily captured, restrained and a walking pet for Ayame.

Conveniently nobody heard their loud 1 on 1 conversation revealing "the script"

The haircut scene reminded me of the scene from Avatar last airbender when Aang cut his hair before the invasion or something.

Forgive the negative and sarcastic attitude but "I can't wait to see what surprise the trainwreck has in store for us in the next episode finale!"
Jun 25, 2016 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
Wait so people are actually watching this for the story/plot/writing?

I'm mainly watching for the visuals, the battles, the zombie steampunk setting, the over the top music, and transformations like at the end (which reminded me of the first episode) and I'm enjoying myself immensely
Jun 25, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
Well, next week is the last episode. This was one of my favorite series for this season. I hope some of my favorites don't die and some of my favorites to die will die.

I like Ikoma's new hairstyle.
臭い-
Jun 25, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
Ikoma's transformation was epic with the great OST, but his reaction before the transformation was so predictable. It was so cliché, I think this is the major issue of Koutetsujou no Kabaneri.
Only one more episode, I wonder how they will end the anime.
Jun 25, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2014
Sakaitsu said:
Ikoma's transformation was epic with the great OST, but his reaction before the transformation was so predictable. It was so cliché, I think this is the major issue of Koutetsujou no Kabaneri.

the whole scene was certainly predictable. you can pretty much call how the final episode will roll out too... I can forgive predictable plot if the show makes me feel hype, of course, but KnK fails there too. Most of the time I just want Ikoma to get on with this shit. Ikoma's new design is too over the top for me. I can't feel anything.
Jun 25, 2016 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
Tiemuuu said:
Sakaitsu said:

the whole scene was certainly predictable. you can pretty much call how the final episode will roll out too... I can forgive predictable plot if the show makes me feel hype, of course, but KnK fails there too. Most of the time I just want Ikoma to get on with this shit. Ikoma's new design is too over the top for me. I can't feel anything.

I agree, the hype was just here during the transformation and then nothing. His new form is like if it was totally became a Kabaneri, but I'm sure he will control his power easily...
And why did he need to cut his hair ?
The thing that I wonder, is how they can finish the anime with only one episode remaining ^^
Jun 25, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2015
Sakaitsu said:
Tiemuuu said:

I agree, the hype was just here during the transformation and then nothing. His new form is like if it was totally became a Kabaneri, but I'm sure he will control his power easily...
The thing that I wonder, is how they can finish the anime with only one episode remaining ^^
It seems that iit has a cultural meaning for determination http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1525614&show=250#msg46634300
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 8:29 AM

Dec 2012
zal said:
Sakaitsu said:

It seems that iit has a cultural meaning for determination http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1525614&show=250#msg46634300

Oh nice find, it reminds me of the disney Mulan :)
Jun 25, 2016 9:12 AM
Jun 2016
LOL well you know the anime trend: You know its going down when MC either changes his/her color or hair style xD

But damn next weeks preview is so sick, like finally get to see him unleash his full potential, it's gonna be the only two kabaneri's, female kabaneri vs male kabaneri go head to head, sorta like Annie vs Eren the only two, revealed, man made titans~~, well made from same producers so not much of a surprise. But either way, the fights are still so damn anticipating, can't wait to see how finale episode will be like
Jun 25, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2009
BLmatsu said:
Seinen/josei could have lighter themes. But you definitely would not find the reverse. :/ (As in something that would be allowed in seinen/josei, you would not find it in shounen/shojo. there are certain things like that)

Except there is plenty of brutal or serious manga that are shounen. The thing is that demographics are meaningless these days and in discussion of western fanbase only used as shitposting.
Jun 25, 2016 10:23 AM

Nov 2008
Was I sleeping on the whole serie or we realy didn't get any answers where did the kabane mess came from? Was just a show to defeat Biba?
I hope then it will get a 2nd season at least...
Jun 25, 2016 10:40 AM

Feb 2016
I'd expected more from kongokaku actually since they were always referring to it throughout this anime until yet. On the other hand they've displayed the wrong shogun. Shoguns have to be like this :

Jun 25, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
Biba's background was way to rushed, sadly. I think he could have been a good character if not for that. But damn that ending is pretty damn hype, especially the new form of Ikoma.
Jun 25, 2016 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Ikoma goes into depression after Takumi die and Mumei leave him, basically he was just willpower, if he lost this..., well, Biba caused a great misfortune again and Mumei keeps giving me angry, but now the protagonist got up and left to save her

Only one episode missing for Kabaneri the Iron Man, or nearly so, Ikoma really reminded me of this character, I'm looking forward to the fight in the last episode, I think it will be an intense confrontation, also I hope to flee a bit of cliché finals and surprised me positively ..
Jun 25, 2016 11:50 AM
Jun 2016
yo this final fight bouta be lit

kinda sad that it's so close to ending though. since the anime's only 12 eps, they had all the guards be incompetent xenophobic freaks that are hypocritical in the fact that they JUST FUCKING LET BIBA WALK IN.

and there's still little to no world building other than *Steampunk Feudal Japan with Zombies with a villain that wants only the "Strong" to survive* just like half the villains that ever existed.

whatevs. this last ep is bouta be hype next week, and we can go back to waiting for AoT season 2.~
Jun 25, 2016 1:09 PM

Aug 2015
Shogun stupid af.
Last scene was badass though corny. Gave me chills too.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
Shogun stupid af.
Last scene was badass though corny. Gave me chills too.

This is very true. The Shogun isn't the brightest, and he's a total asshole. That's a problem with the show. Not that he's an asshole, but that we never knew how much of a dick he was before. If we did, then maybe we'd understand where Biba's coming from, albeit, obscene actions do go way beyond his reasonable reasoning.

As for the final part, while not normally something that would be entirely badass in its own right, the amazing visuals and pefrectly matching OST dome by Aimer, really sell this moment as legitimately hype. Now, let's see if the finale can live up to the hype.
Jun 25, 2016 1:33 PM

May 2009
BLmatsu said:
bastek66 said:

Except there is plenty of brutal or serious manga that are shounen. The thing is that demographics are meaningless these days and in discussion of western fanbase only used as shitposting.
Are you saying I'm shitposting?

No, I'm talking about people who use buzzwords like "shounenshit" and at same time love Aria or Yotsuba&.
Jun 25, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2015
I called it. Ikoma really got some bad-ass powered up. Everyone could see it for miles....

I miss the excitement of the waiting for next Kabaneri's episode.

But now it's like I just wanna watch the last one and be done with it.

Jun 25, 2016 4:09 PM
Oct 2014
Thought the last shot of Ikoma was pretty cool, didn't like the new hair style, also went full Evil Dead with the arm cannon. At least someone semi-not-really important actually died instead of using some bullshit to come back.

Still don't like any of the characters but Mumei, all the other are at best disposable, OST kinda alright but not attention grabbing, art is detailed as hell, the one other character I wanted to like had one good scene then basically disappeared.

Probably a 5 or 6 if I reviewed, purely an 8 for enjoyment.

Flying Witch best of the season. #donthate
Jun 25, 2016 7:45 PM
Apr 2010
Wasn't the gun that he attached to his arm powered by steam power? how is he going to recharge his weapon now?
Jun 25, 2016 8:13 PM

Apr 2015
karniv0ree said:
Wasn't the gun that he attached to his arm powered by steam power? how is he going to recharge his weapon now?

same as usual... there's a hose attach to his tube on his waist...
Jun 25, 2016 8:58 PM
Jul 2011
I like Ikoma's little Ash from Evil Dead thing he got going on now, with the haircut he actually looks like a decent MC now instead of a hobo. Biba is still shit and the show has gone full retard in the end with that mass freakout scene. Oh well, one more episode to go. I'm going to at least be able to take some decent track themes away from this series.
Jun 25, 2016 9:45 PM

Oct 2007
Moridin17 said:
I'm confused as to Ayame's endgame. Is her plan really help Biba exterminate the rest of humanity so that, best case, her remaining people all starve to death on the train? Because that's how things were always going to go if the plan was a success.

Everytime you question this anime you have to calmly think this to yourself:
Phoebe3315 said:
This show isn't meant to be taken very seriously.

PVR said:
Show went full potato.
Started off strong too.

MC consciently almost committed suicide on the first ep to try his new untested weapon in a unsafe place AND then when bitten, totally had a plan not to turn into a Kabane

How is this not going full potato since the start?
Jun 25, 2016 9:47 PM
Dec 2013
belial said:
Moridin17 said:
I'm confused as to Ayame's endgame. Is her plan really help Biba exterminate the rest of humanity so that, best case, her remaining people all starve to death on the train? Because that's how things were always going to go if the plan was a success.

Everytime you question this anime you have to calmly think this to yourself:
Phoebe3315 said:
This show isn't meant to be taken very seriously.

PVR said:
Show went full potato.
Started off strong too.

MC consciently almost committed suicide on the first ep to try his new untested weapon in a unsafe place AND then when bitten, totally had a plan not to turn into a Kabane

How is this not going full potato since the start?

Well you got me there....
Jun 25, 2016 9:51 PM
Dec 2015
SimplyKairi said:
First off, I hate Biba with for the shit he's done but let's be honest this man deserves evil genius of the year award. His plan has been absolutely flawless so far and well executed.

Second, I'm loving Ikoma's new look fucking gorgeous

Third, that ED song <33

His plan has been absolutely flawless so far and well executed?
No boring Joke plz.
His plan depends on many assumptions.

1) His father will take a notice of the knife for sure which was given to Biba years ago.
2) And Nobody except for his father will not hold of the Knife handle, but his father will take hold of the knife handle himself.
3) and It will happen before his father kills him.
4) and all these events will happen in a place where he can use a louder speaker in order to arouse panic and fear among the people in the fortress.
5) and he would be able to untie the rope in a somewhat magical way.

Biba was really lucky, since his plan won't work if any of those assumptions had not been met.
Jun 25, 2016 9:57 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty much meh... the characters are so bad that I don't feel anything for them.

Ikoma's transformation was so cliche and I'm not in the least a bit hyped about the final episode.

Let this series end.
ok :p
Jun 25, 2016 10:06 PM
May 2012
King_Saber said:
Ikoma's transformation was so cliche and I'm not in the least a bit hyped about the final episode.

Does it reminds me of something?

Jun 25, 2016 10:08 PM
Sep 2014
moncikoma said:

A professional just like a robot, and dat robot is great at making reviews. Which is sad, because a true critics should know how to understanding the viewers and creators connections and emotion..
And from that he should understand .. Why this Plot should have a hole. . Why its neccessry to rushed this arc to biba..why trainwreck is unavoidable... Why biba is such a salty villain.. Why biba had to appear.

Simple summary : u cant say its a good meth unless you try the meth it self

I hope those haters understand my point, even if he dont.. At least he read my essay.. Thx u

TRUTH : its hard to review anime like this
if you are in love with it.. And the other way around

2016 is a bad time to review because too many haters and lovers around..
2000's is the good times

Sorry if i offend you, but really, your argument is really weak.
I dont really understand it since your grammar is messed up and you edited all your post (heck you even change your post AFTER i replied and quoted it).
It just shows how shallow you are tbh. This is more like a baseless rant from a kid when someone pointing their flaws. This kind of people is the worst to have argument with. No matter what, they just wont acknowledge it and just blabbering some unreasonable defense.

Just like why adam eats apple..he will understand and can accept the cons.. And gives a fair judgement.. With clean rokkon shojo mind..

What the heck "And gives a fair judgment with clean rokkon shojo mind" is? and wtf kabanerd is? are u starting to become delusional and make a new word to show your fanboyism to this show?
And what does it have with adam eating apple?? i couldnt find the correlation at all, are u even sane when you posted (or edited) this?

But dont get me wrong. Im not sayin to jusge anime by emotion alone.. But im sayin u should do both.. And not let both controling you.. But the other way around

Dont judge by emotion alone but u should do both.... What?
U didnt even state what the other is beside emotion!

I dont say that you couldnt like an anime this hard, you can go buy the merchandise and all, i wouldnt care. But really if you want to be a fanboy, be a smart one.

Btw, feel free to edit your post which i quote here.
But do you know that ppl can read and notice how shallow you are when you retract your statement by editing your own post multiple times?
Jun 25, 2016 10:10 PM

Dec 2015
smoct_ai said:
SimplyKairi said:
First off, I hate Biba with for the shit he's done but let's be honest this man deserves evil genius of the year award. His plan has been absolutely flawless so far and well executed.

Second, I'm loving Ikoma's new look fucking gorgeous

Third, that ED song <33

No boring Joke plz.

1) His father will take a notice of the knife for sure which was given to Biba years ago.
2) And Nobody except for his father will not hold of the Knife handle, but his father will take hold of the knife handle himself.
4) and all these events will happen in a place where he can use a louder speaker in order to arouse panic and fear among the people in the fortress.

Biba was really lucky, since his plan won't work if any of those assumptions had not been met.

You're missing the purpose of his plan.. His plan was to simply infect his father's entire domain and bring it to its knees. Which could've been done in many ways. All he needed was to infect one person it didn't matter who. The showdown with his father was just dramatic effect Biba could've easily burst in with his army and produced the same effect
Jun 25, 2016 10:25 PM
May 2012
bubblin said:
moncikoma said:

A professional just like a robot, and dat robot is great at making reviews. Which is sad, because a true critics should know how to understanding the viewers and creators connections and emotion..
And from that he should understand .. Why this Plot should have a hole. . Why its neccessry to rushed this arc to biba..why trainwreck is unavoidable... Why biba is such a salty villain.. Why biba had to appear.

I hope those haters understand my point, even if he dont.. At least he read my essay.. Thx u

TRUTH : its hard to review anime like this
if you are in love with it.. And the other way around

2016 is a bad time to review because too many haters and lovers around..
2000's is the good times

Sorry if i offend you, but really, your argument is really weak.
I dont really understand it since your grammar is messed up and you edited all your post (heck you even change your post AFTER i replied and quoted it).
It just shows how shallow you are tbh. This is more like a baseless rant from a kid when someone pointing their flaws. This kind of people is the worst to have argument with. No matter what, they just wont acknowledge it and just blabbering some unreasonable defense.

Just like why adam eats apple..he will understand and can accept the cons.. And gives a fair judgement.. With clean rokkon shojo mind..

What the heck "And gives a fair judgment with clean rokkon shojo mind" is? and wtf kabanerd is? are u starting to become delusional and make a new word to show your fanboyism to this show?
And what does it have with adam eating apple?? i couldnt find the correlation at all, are u even sane when you posted (or edited) this?

But dont get me wrong. Im not sayin to jusge anime by emotion alone.. But im sayin u should do both.. And not let both controling you.. But the other way around

Dont judge by emotion alone but u should do both.... What?
U didnt even state what the other is beside emotion!

I dont say that you couldnt like an anime this hard, you can go buy the merchandise and all, i wouldnt care. But really if you want to be a fanboy, be a smart one.

Btw, feel free to edit your post which i quote here.
But do you know that ppl can read and notice how shallow you are when you retract your statement by editing your own post multiple times?

That feeling when everyone has different opinions/tastes about everything.... Well gee, talk about lost in translation here like I did in most of the time. I mean sometimes they don't understand crap or anything.

@moncikoma I feel you (I know you're from South east asia like me but our english isn't that good).
Jun 25, 2016 10:29 PM

Oct 2009

Ikoma looking STEAMY AF with his new haircut! <3
I just wish he cut off those white bangs too, they look annoying.
Speaking of hair, I though Kurusu's hair would be silky smooth, not spiky. xD

SimplyKairi said:
smoct_ai said:

No boring Joke plz.

You're missing the purpose of his plan.. His plan was to simply infect his father's entire domain and bring it to its knees. Which could've been done in many ways. All he needed was to infect one person it didn't matter who. The showdown with his father was just dramatic effect Biba could've easily burst in with his army and produced the same effect

LOL yes, totally agree. Regardless of who touched the blade handle, it would still cause some chaos although not the much if it wasn't the shogun.

Jun 25, 2016 10:37 PM
Jan 2015
I wish we get some cool action flicks next week because this drama they are feeding onto us is not succeeding if its MAL score is concerned. Ugh. Just kill Biba already.

PS: I also write some brief overviews of these shows (sorry for looking like a spambot but I am not. Haha). Here's my blog. Thanks for paying a visit!
Jun 25, 2016 10:39 PM
Sep 2014
JeffreyZin said:

That feeling when everyone has different opinions/tastes about everything.... Well gee, talk about lost in translation here like I did in most of the time. I mean sometimes they don't understand crap or anything.

@moncikoma I feel you (I know you're from South east asia like me but our english isn't that good).

Nah, im from asia too, making language barrier as an excuse for justifying rant is not an exucese imo.
Jun 25, 2016 10:39 PM
Dec 2015
SimplyKairi said:

His plan was to simply infect his father's entire domain and bring it to its knees?
It's not clear if that is all he wanted to achieve.
It might be that he wanted to have his father be infected and kill him by his own hands for revenge.

Anyway, let's suppose for the sake of convenience that his plan was really to infect his father's domain and bring it to its knees. No more, no less. So he did not care even if he could not kill his father by his own hands.

But even if that is the case, my point still stands. He had no reason to meet his father as a captive being tied with rope, at the risk of losing his life and ruining his plan (what if his father had had no interest in the knife?) As you pointed out, there were other safer ways to achieve his plan if all he wanted was to infect the domain of the fortress and destroy it.
smoct_aiJun 25, 2016 10:47 PM
Jun 26, 2016 12:22 AM

Feb 2016
LOL Ikoma turns into the Black Prince from Prince of Persia-Two Thrones
Only diff. is while in the game, there was a chain like in Prince's left arm while Ikoma has his gun (?) attached to his left arm (?)
Jun 26, 2016 12:26 AM

Feb 2016
Fappa said:
No trying to start that discussion again but somehow I think that's pretty funny. You can see that both are done by the same director and mostly the same staff.

I think they are deliberately trying to make similar scenes. Like the one in which the Black Smoke breaks the wall. It was almost similar to the one in which Armored Titan broke the wall in SNK. There are lots of other examples too.
Jun 26, 2016 2:06 AM

Nov 2013
Barbara-chan said:
Was I sleeping on the whole serie or we realy didn't get any answers where did the kabane mess came from? Was just a show to defeat Biba?
I hope then it will get a 2nd season at least...

Many zombie shows/movies don't give an explanation or precise answer about the zombie's origin. They are mostly about surviving and keeping as much humanity as possible along the way.

In this case the first half was about being on the run and searching for a save haven. And the second half was about Ikoma's group against Biba and his men. A character, who lost basically every semblance of humanity ages ago.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 26, 2016 2:36 AM

Dec 2014
Ikoma lost out everything thing, his friends and his family.. Will he die after he save mumei or will it be the other way around.... last episode to go
Jun 26, 2016 2:42 AM
Jul 2007
i knew from ep 1 that this show would most likely turn out this bad due to the fact the director's track history shows he can't direct anything without source material. Things are being pulled out of the ass left and right for convenience of plot with no explanation. The laser beam thingy coming out of the Kabaneri from a past episode was probably the most random thing ever. It's a fun show, I'll give it that, but the way events unfold in this show has become ridiculous. Things just happen or they skip over how certain events came to pass with no explanation for how it ended up that way.
Jun 26, 2016 4:50 AM

Oct 2008
the writing and directing is so bad. i can't believe how bad it has become.
Jun 26, 2016 5:21 AM

Oct 2010
simo000 said:

Yeah it became pure shit. I knew I should had dropped it when they showed her brother at the end of episode 7. So I just watched 4 episodes the MC is so emotional it annoys me. They literally copying the worst parts of AoT. Funny thing is Biba has a good reason to destroy everything. While the MC is a soft piece of shit.
Jun 26, 2016 5:21 AM
Oct 2010
Prod said:
At first i was wondering what kind of drugs you were taking...

moncikoma said:

Well, at least i got my answer quickly.

my point exactly!

you cant review a pocorn anime without turning off your brain, make ur brain dead, just like a kabane..and be a full kabanerd just like meh

JeffreyZin said:

my english is good, if we talk mouth to mouth..
but yeah i have the worst grammar.. sorry guyss :(
im from JAKARTA indonesia , where do u from?
moncikomaJun 26, 2016 5:27 AM
Jun 26, 2016 5:34 AM
May 2014
Skylavis said:
DUDEREX said:
is it me or did ikoma get more hot with the haircut

this show is meh and literally nothing makes sense anymore but this is the only comment that i could agree on

thank you for liking my comment
just your favorite dino sailor
Jun 26, 2016 6:07 AM

Jan 2011
No, you dipshit. Wait until you get there before taking the drug that will kill you.
Jun 26, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Well, I rather enjoyed this episode a lot. The show was getting kind of boring. This episode had me so excited. Finally got to see Ikoma in his badass form. Depending on how this last episode rolls out, it might become my favorite anime of this season.
Jun 26, 2016 7:03 AM

May 2012
simo000 said:

In what way it is bad written ?!

Also, does "bad writing" make anime unenjoyable?! I personally find this anime much more entertaining that most of these anime that has "good writing"

The action, drama, OST, badassness, killing etc keep me entertained all the time. Never felt boring while watching this show
Jun 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2015
Are the MCs invincible or something?

This is quite absurd. I was literally saying 'Well...err...okay...' through most of it
Jun 26, 2016 9:53 AM
Oct 2007
Ep 12 might churn out a cliffhanger in the end in case they get S2. Maybe somewhere in the lines of 'ITS ALIVE!'. Muahahahahaha..ha..ha. ok.
Cant wait for the upcoming supersaiya battle.
markiemarkJun 26, 2016 9:57 AM
Jun 26, 2016 10:27 AM

May 2016
I can't wait for the next episode i hope ikoma will smash biba!!!!!!!!
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

619 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

394 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

525 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

395 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

368 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.