Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
Mman that felt rushed.
I feel like there should be two episodes instead of this one;

-A depressive one, wich would show how Biba turned crazy, and Ikoma sitting on the beach and loosing all hope. It would have ended with Ikoma meeting Kurusu, and Biba entering Kankoku.
-The second one would be about Biba killing the shogun, and destroying the city, while Ikoma regains hope while traveling to Kankoku with Kurusu. Ayame gathers men and ppl from rokkan shoujo, and tries to defend the city. It would have ended with Mumei turning into the black smoke.

I'd have left Ikomas power up for the final episode.
Jun 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Nov 2014
wow, I knew this anime is bad but I didn't think it'd become this trashy. characters are boring, plot is weak and there are no themes to begin with. ugh. I feel like this show tries to play by the book and add elements that good stories have but it's so ham-fisted. there's no cohesion and no suspense. Ikoma started off irritating and soon became absolutely useless for the story. he's only there for Mumei, that's it, and the sad thing is these two characters have had no interesting dialogue. Ikoma's value system is fucking stupid and Mumei doesn't have any. Mumei would be okay in some other show but it's really bothering here where there's no character trying to make a point about anything, except Biba I guess. Biba's problem is he was introduced way too late. As a viewer I really don't give a crap about Biba though, we still haven't resolved this whole Kabane-thing. I thiugh this show was about people fighting the Kabane but I guess not, its just stupid drama and a stupid revenge story.
Jun 24, 2016 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
CodeBlazeFate said:
TheBigGuy said:

Don't get me wrong: I like this show. The art, animation and soundtrack are great. That's why I'm so disappointed. I find the characters likeable. And I don't see anyone trashing the show. The main complaints are:

1. Ikoma, who was usually strong and smart, became weak and pathetic all of a sudden. Which is true.

2. Biba is a bad villain. He was introduced to late. Which is also true.

And the actions of him and his hunters make little to no sense.

And just for the record: I think Attack on Titan is far worse than Kabaneri.

Edit: maybe some people went overboard with their criticism, but being blindly apologetic is not much better.

Really? Most of the posts I've seen are along the lines of "this show is the worst of the season/disappointing and overrated piece of crap that I'd rather watch Mayogia and Big order" well, maybe not THAT far, but you get the point. Besides, some of the issues people like me and @zal brought to light about the possible double standards in these Kabaneri forums are why I made my above post to begin with.

Personally, I found Ikoma to be the best character in the show. Plus, this episode gives him some development in the form of his grief over his best friend causing him to be in despair for a day until being forced to suck it up and finally become a man he can be proud of. Besides. Could be worse. Could be the Hyper Beam from episode 9.

Okay, fair enough. If I skim through the comments and see a comment beginning like this, I just ignore it. They are more or less the usual thing. I don't think, that Kabaneri gets more trash-talking than other shows.

And I agree with your last paragraph.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 24, 2016 3:26 PM

Apr 2016
Comic_Sans said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Jesus Christ, almost no one on these forums has anything positive to say anymore, and 95% of these threads now is: This episode sucks, this show is the biggest pile of garbage ever, Attack on Titan reference this episode may or may not have, one moment well all focus on and forget that the rest of the episode exists, F**K YOU BIBA!!!!!!, and arguing with anyone who has anything nice or different to say about an episode! (After 7 weeks of seeing this, I needed that off my chest)
And? What's the problem?

If rabid fanboys have the right to spew out their criticism devoiding verbal diarrhea in each and every episode discussion then that also means "haters" and skeptics should have the right to insult and criticize this series all they want. Sorry, but this is how democracy and freedom of speech works.
And the truth has been spoken! Almost no one gives any episode any credit anymore, and yes, this series has some low points, and yes, the story isn't as great, but the characters are decent, the artstyle is amazing, the action is cool, the music is a prefect couple for this show, and it's still a fun and epic ride despite its problems, even if you look at all the problems despite the epic tone. YES! Episode 9 kinda sucked, but this and episode 10 got better! No one gives it any credit, saying it became instant trash by episode 6. This show gets more hate than shows with 6.50 or lower!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!?!
The MAL rules doesn't say anything about having to give credit to each and every anime episode, so why should people be forced to if they don't see any point in doing it or don't even have any credit to give to begin with?

Just because YOU think the pros outweigh the cons by a large margin and that every episode deserves credit it doesn't mean everybody else resonates the same way, nobody has the obligation to accommodate to your needs. If you don't like the concepts of democracy and freedom of speech then that's your problem and nobody else's. Again, I am sorry.
People always complain about how simple the plot is and how it's more battle heavy and decision heavy that character or twist heavy, yet NO ONE complains about Attack on Titan's
This is the Koutetsujou no Kabaneri subforum, not the Shingeki no Kyojin forum. There is no reason why people would complain about it being unoriginal and having a simplistic plot here, if you want to read and participate in discussions about its potential unoriginality and simplicity then I suggest you go to that series' subforum instead.
writing having the EXACT SAME TYPE OF WRITING PEOPLE BITCH AS THIS SHOW OVER!!!!!
Same type of writing ≠ same quality and problem prevalence
And I like Attack on Titan, but don't put one show on a pedistol for being battle and decision heavy and call this show garbage for the exact same reason!
Who's putting Shingeki no Kyojin on a pedestal? Not everybody who bashes Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is an SnK fanboy

For your first point, (since I am crap with inserting what I have to say between two quotes) fanboys? I don't see any. I see people who over accentuate certain problems of a show. Sure, many negative assessments of the show are likely justified, but people have said the same thing over and over with almost nobody looking at both sides of the spectrum. As some of us mentioned, the timing and manner of this stuff is crazy funny, like in Kabaneri episode 10 discussion post 318.

For your second, You're assuming that I am butt hurt over people disliking the show. I am. Not. What I AM upset about is how people are hostile and accusatory towards those with a different opinion (like on posts 174 and 177 of this thread)or one frustrated by all of this, and seeing your whole comment, I'd say that the latter has been achieved. I also see people over accentuation get certain issues, and while there are some who lucking say something good where good needs to be said, there's lots of backlash at some of those people, or others blindly saying that anyone who defends this show sucks or something along those lines.

For your third and fifth points, I'm sure there are lots of those people on those forums. It's just that AoT fanboys have automatically assessed this show as a ripoff since conception. However, while I do agree that not every hater here is a fanboy of AoT, some of them clearly are. The concepts of both shows are different. AoT is about giants invading. Kabaneri is just a steampunk take on zombies. People take some of these things way too far, and like I said, I like both shows, but if you like one but hate the other, don't call it a ripoff based on that or whatever AoT reference or moment similar to AoT is on here. If the premises, characters, and story beats are identical but with the latter doing them way worse, THEN it may be classified as such, but a lot of the things this show does wrong, are not things AoT even has.

I've grown tired of repeating what I say over and over. I'm ready to move on a bit. I just want people to not be horrible to each other, especially on an episode discussion site, and for some more of the negativity to be properly done and warranted. At least, with some of the posts I've seen today, it seems as if this forum in particular has been improving in tone.
CodeBlazeFateJun 24, 2016 5:35 PM
Jun 24, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2016
TheBigGuy said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Really? Most of the posts I've seen are along the lines of "this show is the worst of the season/disappointing and overrated piece of crap that I'd rather watch Mayogia and Big order" well, maybe not THAT far, but you get the point. Besides, some of the issues people like me and @zal brought to light about the possible double standards in these Kabaneri forums are why I made my above post to begin with.

Personally, I found Ikoma to be the best character in the show. Plus, this episode gives him some development in the form of his grief over his best friend causing him to be in despair for a day until being forced to suck it up and finally become a man he can be proud of. Besides. Could be worse. Could be the Hyper Beam from episode 9.

Okay, fair enough. If I skim through the comments and see a comment beginning like this, I just ignore it. They are more or less the usual thing. I don't think, that Kabaneri gets more trash-talking than other shows.

Thanks, and I agree with edit. Some people may be total fanboys on these threads. But most of the people here are savage haters, and some of that hate has spread to others who have a different opinion, or more maturity on the matter. Luckily, we have people like you on the site, who are more open to civil discussions than simple hate posting or fighting.
Jun 24, 2016 3:45 PM

Nov 2013
CodeBlazeFate said:
TheBigGuy said:

Thanks, and I agree with edit. Some people may be total fanboys on these threads. But most of the people here are savage haters, and some of that hate has spread to others who have a different opinion, or more maturity on the matter. Luckily, we have people like you on the site, who are more open to civil discussions than simple hate posting or fighting.

Thanks and I can return the compliment. Nice to have a civil discussion once in a while.

Hating an anime is just pointless. If you don't like it, move on.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 24, 2016 3:52 PM
Feb 2015
I don't mind ikoma or mumei dying >_< just NOT ayame
Jun 24, 2016 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
And that's the birth of Edgy Ikoma ladies and gentlemen because this stunt has never been pulled lately. Seriously what was the use of cutting his hair? It only made him more edgier. Art was decent in this episode though animation was mostly mediocre. Overall episode was quite boring but the last minutes made me chuckle a bit. I hope the conclusion is somewhat satisfying, it would be pleasing if Biba manages to kill Mumei since she's really been a pest during the course of this series. I think she has killed more than she has saved.

2/5 for this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 3:59 PM
Oct 2010
I don't understand this show... what exactly are biba's intentions? Does he not realize that his own group needs the safe spots for food/repairs etc? Why even bother to inject Mumei if he already had a plan for getting inside and spreading the kabaneri? Why aren't trains inspected outside? Why are the populace so dumb to believe biba when it was quite clear the shogun could not possibly be a kabaneri prior to him arrving?

Why would biba place his entire plan on the off chance that the shogun finds and uses the sword he brings? So many silly things with this show that just don't add up. Not to mention the samurai guy happening to be in the same place as Ikoma, da faq?
Jun 24, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2014
For your first point, (since I am crap with inserting what I have to say between two quotes) fanboys? I don't see any.
Check the first page
I see people who over accentuate certain problems of a show. Sure, many negative assessments of the show are likely justified, but people have said the same thing over and over
I don't see how people are "saying the same thing over and over again", I'd say that it's the problem pile of shit that keeps growing taller and taller for every episode
every episode with almost nobody looking at both sides of the spectrum.
Even majority of the so called "haters" have acknowledged that this show has nice art/animation and action scenes, pretty colors and EPIC MUSIC (if you like Sawano that is). This is not a matter of nobody looking at both sides of the spectrum, it's a matter of the negative side completely overshadowing the positive one.
As some of us mentioned, the timing and manner of this stuff is crazy funny, like in Kabaneri episode 10 discussion post 318.
I don't see how that proves anything or what you even are trying to prove in the first place
For your second, You're assuming that I am but thirst over people disliking the show. I am. Not.
Then why complain about people "not giving this show enough credit"?
What I AM upset about is how people are hostile and accusatory towards those with a different opinion (like on posts 174 and 177 of this thread)
That's not what you said though, you said you were tired of people bashing this show and being haturz
or one frustrated by all of this, and seeing your whole comment, I'd say that the latter has been achieved.
Because I interpreted a statement about people not saying positive things about this show and not giving it enough credit as a statement about people not saying positive things about this show and not giving it enough credit?
I also see people over accentuation get certain issues, and while there are some who lucking say something good where good needs to be said, there's lots of backlash at some of those people, or others blindly saying that anyone who defends this show sucks or something along those lines.
Okay, where's the problem?
For your third and fifth points, I'm sure there are lots of those people on those forums. It's just that AoT fanboys have automatically assessed this show as a ripoff since conception. However, while I do agree that not every hater here is a fanboy of AoT, some of them clearly are.
And I've seen plenty of SnK fanboys defend this show
The concepts of both shows are different. AoT is about giants invading. Kabaneri is just a steampunk take on zombies.
The basic concept is literally the same apart from the size of the invaders and the trains
People take some of these things way too far, and like I said, I like both shows, but if you like one but hate the other, don't call it a ripoff based on that or whatever AoT reference or moment similar to AoT is on here.
Rip offs can be rip offs of rip offs so I don't see how calling KnK a rip off of SnK is wrong
If the premises, characters, and story beats are identical but with the latter doing them way worse, THEN it may be classified as such, but a lot of the things this show does wrong, are not things AoT even has.
"A lot" ≠ majority/all
I've grown tired of repeating what I say over and over. I'm ready to move on a bit. I just want people to not be horrible to each other, especially on an episode discussion site, and for some more of the negativity to be properly done and warranted. At least, with some of the posts I've seen today, it seems as if this forum in particular has been improving in tone.
Good for you
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 24, 2016 4:32 PM
Apr 2010
OrangeJP said:
Ikoma becoming even more badass holy shit

This is a side of Tony Stark we've never seen before.
Jun 24, 2016 4:56 PM
Feb 2016
Nice… no, actually beautiful scenery. Like most episodes. Story is not bad either.
Jun 24, 2016 5:35 PM
Aug 2014
I'm sad to say that Ikoma might die in the end.
Jun 24, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2009
DUDEREX said:
is it me or did ikoma get more hot with the haircut

this show is meh and literally nothing makes sense anymore but this is the only comment that i could agree on
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jun 24, 2016 6:47 PM

Sep 2014
This show is decent, but it's been pretty disappointing so far with all of the hype it had.

Ikoma and Biba are both characters that had a lot of promise, but ultimately were exposed as just generic characters. I don't blame Ikoma for crying in this episode considering what happened to him in the previous episode, but after the first 3 or 4 episodes, Ikoma went from being smart and determined to being another irrational generic male shonen MC. Biba just turned into another generic cold villain that evil for the sake of plot, and none of his actions makes any sense. I never liked Mumei from the start, but at least she didn't put up with any shit in the beginning. As soon as her brother appeared, all of that was thrown out the window, and she's turned into a dumbass.
Jun 24, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
Skylavis said:
DUDEREX said:
is it me or did ikoma get more hot with the haircut

this show is meh and literally nothing makes sense anymore but this is the only comment that i could agree on
Sometimes I see people say something like this. What doesn't make sense? The series requires you to just accept things as they are in the beginning. If you were willing to believe a virus could form a metal cage around the heart and change the body in other ways to make it stronger, why not believe a mass amount of the concentrated virus could form the metal cage around the person instead and form a body by piercing other people/Kabane and clumping them together (for females), or just make the person significantly more powerful (for males)? This show isn't meant to be taken very seriously. There are some little things that don't matter which might not make sense, but I think it's a bit much to say nothing makes sense anymore. I don't think recent events have been too hard to follow or illogical (within the anime's world). If you have any specific questions I can probably answer them.
Jun 24, 2016 7:06 PM

Oct 2007
Diuturnus said:
Shogun: "Be on alert for Biba and his rebellion."
Servant: "Sir, there is a train that wants in, it has Biba on it."
Shogun: "Let it in."

This made no sense to me...
Jun 24, 2016 7:09 PM

Oct 2007
Phoebe3315 said:
This show isn't meant to be taken very seriously.

That's the problem.
Jun 24, 2016 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
land161 said:
This show is decent, but it's been pretty disappointing so far with all of the hype it had.

Ikoma and Biba are both characters that had a lot of promise, but ultimately were exposed as just generic characters. I don't blame Ikoma for crying in this episode considering what happened to him in the previous episode, but after the first 3 or 4 episodes, Ikoma went from being smart and determined to being another irrational generic male shonen MC. Biba just turned into another generic cold villain that evil for the sake of plot, and none of his actions makes any sense. I never liked Mumei from the start, but at least she didn't put up with any shit in the beginning. As soon as her brother appeared, all of that was thrown out the window, and she's turned into a dumbass.
What? :l Ikoma has continued to be smart and determined. In episode 5 he upgraded the Kotetsujyo's weapons and came up with a plan to get past the block in the station's train tracks. In episode 7 he made up his mind to make Mumei human again. In episode 8 he found out before anyone else Biba wasn't a "hero," and in episode 10 he came up with the plan to take over Biba's train. He lost his determination for a bit this episode sure, but by the end it returned greater than ever. I think his character has been pretty consistent...

It's fine to say Biba is a generic evil villain (the show didn't try to hide that), but how do his actions not make sense? His father isolated him out of fear and ended up trying to kill him by sending him on a suicide mission leading 400,000 people to take out the Kabane (so there was an opportunity to build the stations). Having survived, Biba was forced to take the blame for the failure and he was disinherited by his family. He had to fight for the cowards for 10 years as he tried to find out who framed him (until he found out it was his father, the Shogun). That's a pretty solid motivation for his actions if you ask me.
Jun 24, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
belial said:
Phoebe3315 said:
This show isn't meant to be taken very seriously.
That's the problem.
It's just not for you then. It was never trying to be a serious/realistic zombie survival type show, even though it may have seemed that way in the beginning.
Jun 24, 2016 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
Yay, pretty good episode. The ending made it for me. Plus, we got a new ending! Love all songs that Aimer makes!
Jun 24, 2016 7:50 PM

May 2013
I'm confused as to Ayame's endgame. Is her plan really help Biba exterminate the rest of humanity so that, best case, her remaining people all starve to death on the train? Because that's how things were always going to go if the plan was a success.
Jun 24, 2016 7:55 PM

Sep 2014
Every episode so far
Jun 24, 2016 8:04 PM

Nov 2013
Did Ikoma just go Sayin? Holy Shit! Now I regret not watching this episode as the finale episode airs to be like an hour final ep. A week is a while, I must say.
Jun 24, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
bubblin said:
moncikoma said:

well i dont want to rate it 10..
acttually its just flat 8 for me
i have to.. because too many haters, which is why we need lovers
so its fair ...

8.0 is quite mediocore by MAL standard..

Frankly, i dont understand your reasoning. Its just justifying how bad your bias is.
Either way, i think a die hard fanboy is just as bad as a hater.
Both were blindly judge the show subjectively and would stick to their opinion no matter what happens
Please dont complain about haters if you yourself is as bias as them.

This man gets it. Some of the obvious fanboys like dark light whatever his name is enter this thread every week and stick up for this show without any objectiveness. People complain about haters but don't understand their fandom is just as detrimental and annoying.
Jun 24, 2016 8:52 PM

Apr 2009
Phoebe3315 said:
Sometimes I see people say something like this. What doesn't make sense? The series requires you to just accept things as they are in the beginning. If you were willing to believe a virus could form a metal cage around the heart and change the body in other ways to make it stronger, why not believe a mass amount of the concentrated virus could form the metal cage around the person instead and form a body by piercing other people/Kabane and clumping them together (for females), or just make the person significantly more powerful (for males)? This show isn't meant to be taken very seriously. There are some little things that don't matter which might not make sense, but I think it's a bit much to say nothing makes sense anymore. I don't think recent events have been too hard to follow or illogical (within the anime's world). If you have any specific questions I can probably answer them.

lmao obviously my previous comment was meant to be an exaggeration smh

Anyways, I wasn't saying that literally everything doesn't make sense in the show. I know it wasn't meant to be a logical one at all, it's fantasy, and anyone could make things up to set up the plot. I understand. But what doesn't make sense is the progression of the plot. The anime itself has basically made excuses on why this or that happened, and that's why I feel like the overall plot's become weak.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jun 24, 2016 9:22 PM

Jan 2011
holy fuck this show was already disappointing but at least had some glimmer of light before Biba showed up,somehow it keeps getting worse.

seems people are totally fine with Ikoma having his character development take a complete 180 within one episode but as long as it has a "badass transformation" we can look past of the awfulness which was this episode.

used to enjoy watching this for pure entertainment value now with them repeating the same set up at each city all i can do is eye roll.
Jun 24, 2016 10:33 PM

Mar 2011
I think many of us agree this show was pretty decent until Biba appeared.
Was I seriously the only one waiting for Kurusu? it was only me? ok... </3 I'm glad he appeared and decided to keep that doctor alive and make him say Biba's plans.
We can be sure someone will die next episode, if none of the important characters, some background -nonimportant- ones will.
Jun 24, 2016 10:57 PM

Jun 2012
It took 11 episodes, but finally something cool happened.
Jun 24, 2016 11:41 PM

Jul 2015
Well, this quickly turned bland and generic. Erased #2
Jun 24, 2016 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
This show has become a complete joke. Still over 8? Please. It's not just Biba that killed the show, MC and the cast in general are not impressive. The narrative is weak and tries to push "feels" drama but lacks any meaningful foundation to push that objective. Shit just be happening. Doesn't really flow. It's just happening. That's all well and good but when you are trying to be taken seriously that shit don't fly. Thus it's become a complete joke.

And don't make excuses of this wasn't meant to be taken serious blah blah blah. Give me a break. The staff alone was pushed hard pre airing to build the expectation hype so just don't make that excuse to justify your enjoyment. That's the problem with 2016 "hype train" bs...it's become ridiculous. In any case, it tries so hard to build drama it's sadly painful how little care you give when a character is killed main or otherwise bc you literally have no connections built with this plot or cast. This painted a picture in episode 1 and 2 and wrote a check it could not cash.

Every criticism (hater) remark is largely justified. I mean when did it become hating to call out bs. Justification I've seen for this show has revolved around "ohh the action is awesome" aaaaaaand what about that plot or simple character depth? I guess that doesn't matter...but damn that action scene was awesome and had great bgm with lots of flash so this was just great. Literally every pro comment is flavored to that context. See you have to able to substantiate your plot points and character progression if you are going to try and pull the drama card. This show, straight up, has continued to fail in building those points. That's the long and short of it. If you enjoy the show, that is great. To do so means you are watching for the flash and pop action/art and turn the brain off to everything that makes a story good. Well, unfortunately, for most of us the pros of the former do not overshadow the blatant cons of the latter.
IZEROIIJun 25, 2016 12:26 AM
Jun 25, 2016 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
It seems that they have left the best for last episode.
Ikoma looks so badass!!! omg can't wait for last episode! It will be great xD
Can't believe we had to wait 11 episodes to see Ikoma like this, finally.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 25, 2016 12:36 AM
Dec 2013
Show went full potato.

Started off strong too.
Jun 25, 2016 1:10 AM

May 2009
BLmatsu said:
Rei366 said:
@BLmatsu Shônen and shôjô are'nt synonymous to teenies heroes. The City Hunter, Cobra, Cpt.Harlock and Oscar (Versailles no bara) are all above their twenties.
I know. I'm saying this series has as target audience young boys though, so it's genre is shounen.

As such, I don't expect it to delve/elaborate more thought-provoking or mature ideas/themes.

In Kabaneri's case, if you watch ep4, at the end of the ep they clearly highlight an array of main/supporting characters all in their teens. The only exception being the guy above Kurusu (we don't really know his age...). The writer also decided to write all adult characters in a poor way (they really all behave dumbly).

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Hmm... just to make sure, i'll re-iterate: KAbaneri was written with shounen genre in mind. It's target audience is the shounen demographic, young boys. In order to help with that, they made the decision to have all teen cast and focus on them. And make adults dumb. That's just Kabaneri's decision. (I'm not too happy with it tbh, but I'll take it)

Shounen/seinen/etc aren't genres but demographics for manga. They don't fit for anime at all, especially original productions. Series target isn't young boys because it airs late night, not during day.
Also demographics also have nothing to do with maturity/seriousness of story. Plenty of manga published in seinen magazines have nothing to do with mature tone.
Jun 25, 2016 1:46 AM
Oct 2010
just feel sorry For anime watchers now only judging anime by the manual book.. .
Anime nowdays are boring.. Everything must have logic this logic that, reason this reason that.. Must follow this text book this trophy.. Bla2

They all forgot why we enjoy watching anime.. Why we enjoy steampunk, why we love epic and canon moment like kenshin VS saito with awesome musics.. Dat ghibli epic moment from momonoke, dat beutifull scene where gatsu killed a lot of enemy and cant move anymore..

All those scene are canon.. And all of it is inside this kabaneri (lets say it a copy cat, i dont give a damn) maybe it just what tetsuro and ichiro experience and like through all his life as an anime lovers..

If you guys critics , still can enjoying and love anime..like me
.. Please input these essence also as the small point for your scoring..
No matter how small it is, please appreciatte the creators passion in putting many mixture of unoriginality to this show....

I admit its a train wreck.. But there is still a lot of people who love this kind of shit just like me
It just interesting to see every episode of kabaneri were inspired from countless anime from older title .
And. I feel thankfull by it.. Esspecially it was done in 1980's art designzz which is once in a lifetime experience

.. And sorry if im talking like a fanboy
moncikomaJun 25, 2016 1:56 AM
Jun 25, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2014
IZEROII said:
This show has become a complete joke. Still over 8? Please. It's not just Biba that killed the show, MC and the cast in general are not impressive. The narrative is weak and tries to push "feels" drama but lacks any meaningful foundation to push that objective. Shit just be happening. Doesn't really flow. It's just happening. That's all well and good but when you are trying to be taken seriously that shit don't fly. Thus it's become a complete joke.

And don't make excuses of this wasn't meant to be taken serious blah blah blah. Give me a break. The staff alone was pushed hard pre airing to build the expectation hype so just don't make that excuse to justify your enjoyment. That's the problem with 2016 "hype train" bs...it's become ridiculous. In any case, it tries so hard to build drama it's sadly painful how little care you give when a character is killed main or otherwise bc you literally have no connections built with this plot or cast. This painted a picture in episode 1 and 2 and wrote a check it could not cash.

Every criticism (hater) remark is largely justified. I mean when did it become hating to call out bs. Justification I've seen for this show has revolved around "ohh the action is awesome" aaaaaaand what about that plot or simple character depth? I guess that doesn't matter...but damn that action scene was awesome and had great bgm with lots of flash so this was just great. Literally every pro comment is flavored to that context. See you have to able to substantiate your plot points and character progression if you are going to try and pull the drama card. This show, straight up, has continued to fail in building those points. That's the long and short of it. If you enjoy the show, that is great. To do so means you are watching for the flash and pop action/art and turn the brain off to everything that makes a story good. Well, unfortunately, for most of us the pros of the former do not overshadow the blatant cons of the latter.

I just want to echo this. I'm all about random shit (Ninja Slayer from Animation is one of my favs) if that's what the show is going for. KnK is trying so hard to be dramatic and mature but writing fails the tone
TiemuuuJun 25, 2016 3:25 AM
Jun 25, 2016 1:58 AM
Oct 2010
Tiemuuu said:
IZEROII said:

I just want to echo this

A professional just like a robot, and dat robot is great at making reviews. Which is sad, because a true critics should know how to understanding the viewers and creators connections and emotion..
And from that he should understand .. Why this Plot should have a hole. . Why its neccessry to rushed this arc to biba..why trainwreck is unavoidable... Why biba is such a salty villain.. Why biba had to appear.

Just like why adam eats apple..he will understand and can accept the cons.. And gives a fair judgement.. With clean rokkon shojo mind..

But dont get me wrong. Im not sayin to jusge anime by emotion alone.. But im sayin u should do both.. And not let both controling you.. But the other way around

Simple summary : u cant say its a good meth unless you try the meth it self

I hope those haters understand my point, even if he dont.. At least he read my essay.. Thx u

TRUTH : its hard to review anime like this
if you are in love with it.. And the other way around

2016 is a bad time to review because too many haters and lovers around..
2000's is the good times
moncikomaJun 25, 2016 2:22 AM
Jun 25, 2016 2:56 AM
Dec 2013
At first i was wondering what kind of drugs you were taking...

moncikoma said:

Simple summary : u cant say its a good meth unless you try the meth it self

Well, at least i got my answer quickly.
Jun 25, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2015
moncikoma said:
just feel sorry For anime watchers now only judging anime by the manual book.. .
Anime nowdays are boring.. Everything must have logic this logic that, reason this reason that.. Must follow this text book this trophy.. Bla2

They all forgot why we enjoy watching anime.. Why we enjoy steampunk, why we love epic and canon moment like kenshin VS saito with awesome musics.. Dat ghibli epic moment from momonoke, dat beutifull scene where gatsu killed a lot of enemy and cant move anymore..

All those scene are canon.. And all of it is inside this kabaneri (lets say it a copy cat, i dont give a damn) maybe it just what tetsuro and ichiro experience and like through all his life as an anime lovers..

If you guys critics , still can enjoying and love anime..like me
.. Please input these essence also as the small point for your scoring..
No matter how small it is, please appreciatte the creators passion in putting many mixture of unoriginality to this show....

I admit its a train wreck.. But there is still a lot of people who love this kind of shit just like me
It just interesting to see every episode of kabaneri were inspired from countless anime from older title .
And. I feel thankfull by it.. Esspecially it was done in 1980's art designzz which is once in a lifetime experience

.. And sorry if im talking like a fanboy

Well thats because of internet and how easy it is to express your opinion in front of everybody. Back in the day you watched what you could and told about it to your friends while playing outside :v You didn't play reviewer, just enjoyed your anime
Jun 25, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2013
I'm scoring this anime with a 4, and let's see if the last episode can bring that down to a 3.
Jun 25, 2016 3:51 AM

Apr 2008
Wow I see this thread is still absolute cancer except for a few beacons of reason and sanity
Jun 25, 2016 4:29 AM

Nov 2014
No, but like, can they stop giving access to any train that come through their gate? They've been doing that stupid mistake since the very first ep. These stupid guys seriously have no one to blame except themselves.

Ikoma and Kurusu got a makeover. That's good. Nothing would be better than getting a hot haircut before the big battle to save the princess.

Oh, so his arm won't grow anymore? How could he just attach his gun on it? It'll be stupid if his arm starts growing back and the gun fell off right when he was about to deliver the final blow....
No wait, on a second thought, that'll be funny so I think I won't mind that much.

Those butterfly imagery with Mumei is so pretty though. The animation really is the best aspect of this show... I definitely love that part when Mumei start growing her own Kagune.
Jun 25, 2016 4:47 AM

Jun 2014
Ikoma goes full badass mode
Final episode looks to be a massacre, lets see if theres going to be a happy ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 5:03 AM

Apr 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Wow I see this thread is still absolute cancer except for a few beacons of reason and sanity

At least it wasn't as bad as it was two days ago, and certain parts of yesterday, albeit, other parts of yesterday had some decent discussion in the thread. Personally, while I do disagree with the the amount of hate the show I getting on these forums, it's nowhere near as bad as the fact that some verbal fighting and accusatory/hostile comments have broken out on the forums towards others with a different opinion, or others sick of this repeating cycle of negativity involving other people.
Jun 25, 2016 5:16 AM

May 2016
You all want proff this show have gone down? The fact that we all a engaging in this bash vs defend war instead of having civilized discussions like in previous episodes when this show still had hope...NUFF SAID!
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 25, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
You all want proff this show have gone down? The fact that we all a engaging in this bash vs defend war instead of having civilized discussions like in previous episodes when this show still had hope...NUFF SAID!

No that's just proof the parasites, declared trolls and self appointed armchair critics managed to chase off any real conversation from these threads. I can still have great discussions in the Reddit threads for Kabaneri.
Jun 25, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2014
Moridin17 said:
I'm confused as to Ayame's endgame. Is her plan really help Biba exterminate the rest of humanity so that, best case, her remaining people all starve to death on the train? Because that's how things were always going to go if the plan was a success.
I think she accepted to go along with Biba's plan instead of snitching on him in order to ensure the safety of the Koutetsujou's passengers, who were still being held captive by his crew. Their orders probably were probably to put everyone to the sword if anything were to happen to Biba.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 25, 2016 5:32 AM
May 2016
I'M not American but chinese
In china and Japan ancient time, it said " cut your hair and demonstrate your determination". Because in ancient , people think hair is from your father and mother , it's priceless and valueable. If you can abandon the most precious thing , you have the determination to finish your work. It's a serious things not funny
So Ikoma has cut his hair , it's a art express method ,but many western may be not know

I don't know why people give 1or 2/5 point .it is obvious that its underestimate. could you give a reasonable pint ?

I don't know whether people will see my answer ,hope someone one could know the point. Thanks
cubeshifterJun 25, 2016 5:36 AM
Jun 25, 2016 6:02 AM

May 2016
cubeshifter said:
I'M not American but chinese
In china and Japan ancient time, it said " cut your hair and demonstrate your determination". Because in ancient , people think hair is from your father and mother , it's priceless and valueable. If you can abandon the most precious thing , you have the determination to finish your work. It's a serious things not funny
So Ikoma has cut his hair , it's a art express method ,but many western may be not know

I don't know why people give 1or 2/5 point .it is obvious that its underestimate. could you give a reasonable pint ?

I don't know whether people will see my answer ,hope someone one could know the point. Thanks

I already knew a bit of the point cuz it already happened in other anime, But thanks for the detailed trivia...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 25, 2016 6:09 AM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
HyperL said:

No that's just proof the parasites, declared trolls and self appointed armchair critics managed to chase off any real conversation from these threads. I can still have great discussions in the Reddit threads for Kabaneri.

But those so called parasites, trolls and armchairs critics went off the charts this episode...it wasnt half of that in the beggining, and I dont think this increase can be taken for granted...But whatever...
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
Yesterday, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.