Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2016 11:47 AM
Mar 2016
Its nice (8/10), i hope this continue (season2)
Ranta demons pets its not helping,the pet keep telling ranta to die and ranta get his helmet 5:27 :)
Haruhiro kill the death spot,i did not see that coming
David_17Mar 27, 2016 11:58 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:52 AM
Oct 2012
now that it has finished airing i m starting to kinda want to read the LN.
Mar 27, 2016 11:53 AM
Oct 2012
i thought for a moment he will kiss mary
Mar 27, 2016 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
Anyways

Great anime.

OTP Haru and Mary

Art was very very uique in this anime, and I will miss it

7/10 show. I know it's very unlikely, but I want a season 2 ^__^
TyrelMar 27, 2016 5:57 PM
Mar 27, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, as I said in other threads, this is first Anime in game world, which I really really liked. Maybe because it was made without all that pathetic humour which is usually added to series like this. I'm glad that action was a total background. Pacing was perfect.
And that artart, it was beautiful, even if it was CG. Amazing soundtrack! (I mean background music of course, not insert songs).
If it comes to pairing, of course I would prefer Haru x Yume.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Mar 2014
So several people noticed the continuity error but no one noticed the part where Hal kills the Death Spots and there are just keyframes? To cover it up they turned everything green. Quite sad to see this happening to this show, it's been mostly consistent but they couldn't quite pull it off. Having recently watched Shirobako I can only imagine what happened :O

Dec 2011
slackvariable said:
I surprised myself - I actually wanted to Ranta to live!

This series was a weird one for me - I started by not really liking it, and came out the other end really glad I watched it. I'm somewhat attached to most of the characters (not Shihoru, because I don't really feel like we 'know' her), and would probably watch S2 if it happens.

Same. A main character dying and Ranta being a loud mouth in the beginning bothered the heck outta me.

That reappearing helmet in this episode tho... Ugh
Double ugh after someone pointed out the uncolored sock.
Mar 27, 2016 12:00 PM
Aug 2014
Really disappointed in this ending... Especially the way Haru killed Death Spots. This is probably my least favorite episode of the series but overall this anime wasn't bad nor great. Hopefully it can get a S2 since it felt like this season just set everything up.
Mar 27, 2016 12:03 PM
Apr 2015
The differences from the light novel really got to me. I couldn't stand all the changes they made.

The only thing this anime was good for was to point out the light novel to more people in my opinion.
Mar 27, 2016 12:04 PM
Apr 2013
Wow some lazy or rushed edits in this one. The Helmet was already mentioned but at around 6:20 they threw in a scene from a previous episode just so they could show Mary casting something and fill some time. No walls that style and/or height anywhere near that fight and the only one who needed healed gets healed later. Am I the only one annoyed by this? I normally don't let that kind of thing bother me but this one gets to me for some reason.

Even without reading the novel I have to agree about the fight with Spot. All the extra lines and trying to make Hal look like a badass cutting an arm off or whatever that was suppose to be with a dagger was just idiotic and ignores the main theme of the show.

Loved the show but have to rate this episode poor.
Mar 27, 2016 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
predicted they would kill deathspots by the last episode, the way he did it was definitely hax as well. I was expecting them to use strategy and teamwork to beat the boss tier enemy. oh well,good show nevertheless.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Mar 27, 2016 12:05 PM

Nov 2014
That was a pretty awesome finale. Season 2?
Haru went full thief mode and killed Death Spots with ease. I need more Mary though.

Hi there
Mar 27, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Considering this was the last episode,the QUALITY was rather...abundant.
The budget must have been pretty low.
The anime was nice,with good OST and interesting characters and backstory.
Mar 27, 2016 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
PowerTearer said:
Supposedly romantic scene ruined by uncolored sock within the next frame.

Someone at A-1 probably should have stop taking extended work hours for a while....

And here I thought the reappearing helmet was the only major animating mistake they made...(´ω`٥)
Newo_Mar 27, 2016 12:22 PM
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Mar 27, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
Ranta is one of the best characters and Haruhiro is growing so fast..
Still it ended waiting for season 2
Mar 27, 2016 12:15 PM

Apr 2015
Good enough.

Better than the other recent attempts at MMO World'ish shows, though the animation sometimes leaves something to be desired. You suck too, Overlord.
Mar 27, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2015
The main character has eyes of death perception lmao.

I liked the show. And I hope more anime creators try to do the same A-1 did with the backgrounds.

Mar 27, 2016 12:28 PM
Sep 2007
7/10 The fight with Deathspot felt so lackluster, they made him out to be some kind of super Boss Mob, and the Kobolds to be stronger enemy. But that wasn't the case at all, the Goblins felt more of a enemy then them, with there knowledge and the way they fought. But I guess that was the point, and Hal having his super path skill that leads to the instant kill shot.

Man, just don't know everything felt so lackluster after the Goblin fights.
Hi
Mar 27, 2016 12:31 PM
Oct 2011
Xyphzs said:
5:27 Ranta had his helmet xD

hahaha yea i noticed that too!

Was a nice series but honestly could've used more episodes considering the slow pacing of the series thus far. I mean I like the pacing, just, expected more. Either way, the art was really good and I feel like it would've been an even better series if they had went into more detail rather than jump parts from the light novel (or at least that's what it felt like).

So I guess I'd rate this a 7.5/10 overall? Still love it of course. Okay, I'm ranting, bye lol.
Mar 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
My #2 show this season behind konosuba, it was really awesome, a 9/10 from me !
Mar 27, 2016 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
LauraBirdie said:
So several people noticed the continuity error but no one noticed the part where Hal kills the Death Spots and there are just keyframes? To cover it up they turned everything green. Quite sad to see this happening to this show, it's been mostly consistent but they couldn't quite pull it off. Having recently watched Shirobako I can only imagine what happened :O

I noticed, i just imagined one of the animators only speaking In Moe sign language.
Mar 27, 2016 12:35 PM

May 2009
This show suffered a lot from pacing issues making it kinda boring sometimes, but overall was a good experience.
Mar 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
After the slow af and boring Start, the Series got good at ~Ep.8, but it has been kinda awesome after that.
This could've been easily 8-9/10 if it had better pacing, but alas, the pacing quite destroyed it for some.
6/10, however looking forward to a S2, since i quite liked this after ep8, and i hope it only gets better after that.

Shinjisus said:

I liked the show. And I hope more anime creators try to do the same A-1 did with the backgrounds.

Haruhiro son of Shiki confirmed?
Mar 27, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
Lots of budget issues seems to have really taken a toll in the overall quality. I wish they could make this better with a 2 cour and higher budget (why is it only the boring shonen/typical anime trope shows that get a good budget) if that had happened then this would have been gold but given the circumstances i have to rank this a 7/10

Overall good anime if you are into actual character development might be a snores fest if you enjoy typical anime shows....
Mar 27, 2016 12:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
one last Yume booty shot..... gonna miss those xD

anyway, i fucking loved this show, and im really hoping for a season 2 so we can have all the
questions we want answered, like wtf are they doing this world in the first place lol?
Mar 27, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 2015
Shrimperor said:
After the slow af and boring Start, the Series got good at ~Ep.8, but it has been kinda awesome after that.
This could've been easily 8-9/10 if it had better pacing, but alas, the pacing quite destroyed it for some.
6/10, however looking forward to a S2, since i quite liked this after ep8, and i hope it only gets better after that.

Shinjisus said:

Haruhiro son of Shiki confirmed?
With the amount of Shikis Nasu created is not that imposible...

Mar 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
Really found myself enjoying this show, it was a good ride, beautiful art work and found myself invested in these characters.
8/10

Mar 27, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
I'm legit going to give this a 10/10. Or at least a 9.5/10.

It was so calming, so relaxing, so feely, it was amazing. I loved the world building (though I still don't understand Grimgr itself that much) and it was just...ahhhh <3

The badassness of Shihoru this episode was amazing.

And I used to ship Haru x Yume, but.... Haru x Mary, Ranta x Yume ftw.

Hope this gets a season 2. It seriously deserves it.
I NEED MORE GRIMGAR, PEOPLE. I NEED IT.

A-1 actually didn't disappoint me. ^^

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Mar 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
A very good ending for this show. Grimgar is one of my favorites this season. I like how it takes time to develop the characters and just follow their daily life, very original to see a SoL in an "MMO" world. All the OSTs are beautiful and fit well with the mood of the episode. The art is unique, I hope a second season will be announced.
It's rare that an anime takes so much time to show how the characters reacted after a death, but I really liked it. Very realistic.
SakaitsuMar 27, 2016 1:41 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2015
7/10 last fight was disappointing, deadspot wasn't a real threat after all.

thank god Ranta didn't die tho
Mar 27, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
I liked it and pretty much the whole anime. If there's a season 2, I'll be there.
Mar 27, 2016 1:09 PM
Oct 2013
Gonna have to wait another half a year for this series to finish releasing in BD and get subbed, and hopefully they will have the 2 major mistakes fixed in this episode. 9/10
Mar 27, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
God, that ending! It felt cliché'd and yet it didn't, I feel so weird lol.
I loved it though, it was amazing, everything I wished for.
Why did it end though, I'm gonna cry if it never receives a sequel.
Also, season 2 confirmed?

"See you tomorrow!" /5
Those feels -N1ghtStr1k3

Mar 27, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2016
Sakaitsu said:
An very good ending for this show. Grimgar is one of my favorites this season. I like how it takes time to develop the characters and just follow their daily life, very original to see a SoL in an "MMO" world. All the OSTs are beautiful and fit well with the mood of the episode. The art is unique, I hope a second season will be announced.
It's rare that an anime takes so much time to show how the characters reacted after a death, but I really liked it. Very realistic.

I have to agree with this . Though slow paced ( this is the first time i love a slow paced anime) , it felt realistic, even the interactions between the characters . Character development is handled well . The final fight between haru and death spots though short wasn't an asspull from haru. We already knew that he can see those green lines that guide his dagger towards an opponents vital spot and it was explained in earlier episodes . And shihoru was badass with her magic . True this was relaxing to watch on sundays and i'll miss Mary :p the art and scenery was beautiful also the background music ...
Mar 27, 2016 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
Aw man this anime was real good. I Hope there is season 2 so they can explain how they ended up in that world.
Doing what one likes is the right of the powerful.
Mar 27, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
They already made it into live action adaptation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGjSoL97yQY

Mar 27, 2016 1:19 PM
Mar 2016
Overall enjoyed the anime.

But what was the point of all the character development between haru and yume? If it seems like mary is going to end up with haru?

I still ship haru x yume.
Mar 27, 2016 1:21 PM

Apr 2010
So it seems to be going Mary x Haru after all but it's a shame they didn't become a couple.
I have to say that a liked this anime it was a pretty calm over all and i really liked the pace.
It had a number of nice aspects as well.
Mar 27, 2016 1:23 PM
Nov 2015
The ending was pretty boring imo, overall i'd say 6/10
Mar 27, 2016 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
I originally had my issues with the pacing of this series, but it's really more about how the characters adapt, react, and grow both as individuals and as a unit after they've been plunged into this hypothetical fantasy RPG setting. Chores, hobbies, keeping a roof over everyone's head, prioritising spending, dereliction of combat roles and the adjustments that go along with them, even just killing time... These don't make for the most entertaining sequences, but over time, collectively, I found them to be absolutely necessary in telling the story in a way that left me satisfied in the end - actually about half way in I had properly acclimatised.

This isn't the story of the unrelatable badass MC who attracts all the girls, is amazing at everything, and is the only one who can save everyone from being vegetables in the real world as a mysterious shadowy figure looms large over everything. No, this is a lot more down to earth and had me asking myself how I'd do things differently, or whether I'd get too cocky at one point and lose my entire party... Then how would I cope with that? These weren't the kind of questions I asked myself while watching a series like SAO, and Log Horizon's cost of death still doesn't feel tangible, but in Grimgar the consequences are all too extreme as even the concept of the 'real world' doesn't exist.

With all that being said, I still felt that the series could have sped things up a little bit, and at times I felt like the characters took far too long reevaluating themselves, so much so that at times I looked around at other party's thinking that I'd much rather tag along with those guys. Ultimately I grew to love the party under Haruhiro, and I think this was the point, as I was unbelievably frustrated at Manato's leadership which suffocated and stifled the party's growth as a result of playing it safe - which had it's own consequences.

Episode 12: 9/10
Overall: 8/10, looking forward to a second season where I hope to see RantaxYume developed.
kiddrukiMar 28, 2016 4:01 AM
Mar 27, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2009
Overall a 5/10 for me, most of the episodes I found boring.

These last few episodes were really solid, at least. The only things I'll miss from this show are Haruhiro and Mary.
Mar 27, 2016 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Haruhiro defeated Death Spots!
Mar 27, 2016 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
5/10 Could be better but in the end it wasn't that bad. If they plan to go with the second season they definitely need to work a little bit more on the animation quality and put more effort in it as well design of the creatures and maybe add more to the secondary characters and give them more background story and how they get to know guys from the main team.
Mar 27, 2016 1:36 PM
Dec 2014
Loved it, totally agree the waking up moment totally should have been a kiss moment. The scene of when Hal & Mary entering the court yard Mary was looking at the ground kind of embarrassed too. I too hope that a second season comes forth and explains more on the "original world" and why they ended up in Grimgar. I also wouldn't mind seeing more characters or possibly some side stories featuring other adventurers that were at the "spawn point" in the first episode.
Mar 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
I know they didn't have all the time in the world, but beginning the episode with Ranta escaping the mine seemed a bit lame, since I was hoping they'd show him getting out of there and having a bit more of development. And the fight with Death Spots was alright; could've been worse I guess. And then there was that one thing that Ranta summoned which I didn't understand at the slightest.

Despite all of that, great finale! I was quite fond of the development this show had overall, which was pretty damn good honestly, and that's not something I say often. Of course, lots of people aren't keen of it, but seeing characters who were so weak become some hotshots was great to see which is the biggest pro of this show. And such Mary x Haru tease man.

8/10
Mar 27, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
i thought some high level party will help them, didn't expect hh to kill death spot with his light xD
Mar 27, 2016 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
It was a good episode and gave a better sense of closure compared to the novels and the Deathspots fight also played out better.
I'm just really dissapointed Ranta really didn't get his share here, man, ended up being so rushed, and there was no point in having Zodiac show up because the build up wasn't there.

In the novels, Ranta is about to pass out and die and then Zodiac comes along and keeps him awake by just constantly insulting, instead of just laying there, Ranta replies back. This is a great thing for Ranta's character because the demon is meant to be a representation of the owner, Zodiac was to Ranta what Ranta was to the party. Here we barely get that.
This isn't even mentioned how much better the portion plays out overall and how good Ranta is in it.

We also never got Haruhiro's flashback, argggh, I was so looking forward to that, and it would have just been 20 seconds.

Like I said, good episode, could have been much better if it had another episode though.

Overall this was a great adaptation and a great show, aside from this last bit here and some things (3 things, to be exact) they cut which are required to move the plot in future seasons/volumes, I'd say this is an overall superior version of the story.
It's not that S2 chances are gonne, they could put the stuff they skipped at the start (and I argue they'd be better at the start of a season instead of in the middle.of the first one) but I'm not expecting much more.
Mar 27, 2016 1:48 PM

Oct 2014
For me, the best anime of the Season. Perfect, beautiful. Hope it gets a second season, there's too much we want to know.
9/10 and one of my favorites so far
Mar 27, 2016 1:55 PM

May 2015
Yep, this show slowly became one of my favorites this season as it progressed. It grew on me that way as well. This was a nice final episode with solid action. I really hope for another season now. And Merry? Best girl. No doubt. Hands down. 10/10.

Mar 27, 2016 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
MANATOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Ranta was saved and Haru beat Death Spot with his lucky ass skill.
That Renji convo at the end was nice.

9/10 this really grew on me :'(
I hated Ranta at first, but he proved he's the best character.

Onward to Tomorrow.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season two

mare12 - Jun 15, 2023

17 by antigraviton »»
Sep 20, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2016

264 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 18, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

390 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 4, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

489 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 30, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

430 by ChewySlimeI »»
Apr 24, 4:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.