Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 22, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
Meh. That's all I have to say about this episode TBH.

I'm really disappointed with how the race was handled this episode. So much of it was focused on Riku's speech to Tomoe, as well as Takeru's own feelings that it just got really annoying after about 2 minutes.

Also, the importance of the anchor position was literally shoved down our throats this episode. Why wasn't it a big deal before this race? It felt like it was OH SO important because Riku put on his big boy pants and decided to run with his brother.

This series was still really good though, even with the last few episode kind of being eh, the show often having way too much melodrama and angst, and the fact that majority of the characters were really boring and seemed to only have one purpose.

I'm probably going to give this a 7.5/10 at this point, but I need to think about it a little more.

The best part of this episode was without a doubt, the return of "Stop, Signature Phrase Thief!" That had me dying.
DazzlingAnime1May 7, 2016 11:50 AM
Mar 22, 2016 3:31 PM

May 2010
Lol, that ending was like "Ofc they are gonna win. They're the main team (lol) Good luck imagining that, bye-bye."
... Srsly?

Well, at least this had great OP and ED, gonna miss those. The stride animation was good, too.

6.5/10 for the series, expected more. Personally, I didn't like how the childhood friends drama was done. Also, too much focus on Takeru/Riku (and later, Emobro/Riku) it got annoying at some point. Wish the last race had decent animation and they won with a boom, at least... but no, I guess.
Mar 22, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2009
Wow the supposedly last and most important match was completely shat on. I knew they'd win but it's such BS.
Mar 22, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
I went into this series hoping it would be like some inspirational sports anime... boy was I wrong (and disappointed). It just got cheesier and cheesier with every episode. This last episode wasnt even a fcking race! It was just some vague ass montage and everybody talking freindship and emotional bullshit. Fuck this series.

Connection Feelings Bullshit/10.
Mar 22, 2016 3:41 PM
May 2010
This anime wasn't a very good adaption, yes I played the game but atleast it was fun, kinda have same opinion on Norn9...

For PoS they didn't even adapt much from the game like barely anything but they did focus on Riku and Tomoe so they did atleast one thing right in my eyes, the BL doesn't even bother me thats why its called ALTERNATIVE(alternative version to the game) still too much anime originality.

It was nice seeing the races even tho they left some out cuz not enough time...
7/10
Mar 22, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
Okay ending; disappointingly the final match was short. Overall, it was an alright show. The mood at times felt kind of off and in turn, the characters weren't much, but its style was a bit different than what I'd expected. I enjoyed this fairly well. 6/10
Mar 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2015
Underwhelming and anti-climactic ending. After spending multiple episodes on the drama between the Yagami brothers, you'd think they would actually show the race.

This is the first sports anime I've watched, and it was alright overall I guess. Haven't bothered with the genre before since it never really interested me. I can't say this has particularly made me want to explore the genre more, but it wasn't awful or boring, at least.

5/10 for me. Average.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 22, 2016 4:00 PM

Mar 2011
5/10

Free did it better (barely).
It had a decent soundtrack and the voice actors did well, but overall this was a poor sports anime. The 'FEELINGS ARE IMPORTANT.' shit ruined the last race and the entire anime. I was expecting some epic, all-out shit in the end, but nah... just got prince of flashback.
Mar 22, 2016 4:01 PM

Jun 2014
6/10. It was fine, but that last race was pretty shit.
Mar 22, 2016 4:06 PM

Oct 2015
Seems Rushed, Episode 11 is far better. 2/5
Mar 22, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
8/10 the last race was disappointing too much talking not enough actual race to show their growth. It was mainly about Riku's growth and while I respect that, they should have done the entire race and cut the first half down.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 22, 2016 5:02 PM

Mar 2012
What an awful finale.

I decided to watch this show because of the colorful animation and the sport itself but they only really served the former. The whole PoWeR oF fRiEnDsHiP kinda 'ruined' (for a lack of a better word in my bad vocabulary) what should be the race (basically it took too much time of the whole anime).

Buuuuut it was okay enough to watch and to get a 6/10 (without the colors it would be a 5 or a 4 tbh)
Mar 22, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2012
I wanted to see them win on screen...
Mar 22, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2015
I found his anime really bad, was bored every episode, expect the animation that isn't bad, and a few good ost, i have nothing positive to say about it, i give the show 3/10
Mar 22, 2016 5:21 PM

Jun 2009
I loved this series so much ;w; My heart is crying because it's over now.
Really wanted to see Riku win from Tomoe on screen, but I also kinda liked how they kept the result as a surprise for the last shot of the anime.

I'm so proud of them all ♥
Mar 22, 2016 5:28 PM
Dec 2013
nice... one boring anime is finished... I just hope Naruto: Shippuuden garbage fillers will end soon as well...
Mar 22, 2016 5:41 PM

Nov 2014
Is this some kind of bad joke? Pumping the hype so much since few episodes just to not show anything? I'm really disappointed, I was starting to really get into it and then this happens.
Mar 22, 2016 5:46 PM
Jun 2014
Disappointed in this ending. Could have been executed better in my opinion. I wanted more celebration. Their atmosphere didn't even feel strong like the champions from other good series. Didn't even feel like a championship match.
Mar 22, 2016 5:51 PM
Jun 2014
ExoticBankai said:
I found his anime really bad, was bored every episode, expect the animation that isn't bad, and a few good ost, i have nothing positive to say about it, i give the show 3/10

Why do people force themselves to finish anime they find bad? Feels like too much of a chore. I don't drop anything I just put them on hold but I can't force myself to watch a show I don't find interesting. I have a high mean score because I do research and watch the anime I want to watch when I'm in the mood to watch it.

I'm simply just asking. I'm curious. ( Too lazy to look for a thread on this.)
Mar 22, 2016 5:54 PM

Oct 2011
Will miss this T____T
Mar 22, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2015
Kewinn24 said:
ExoticBankai said:

Why do people force themselves to finish anime they find bad? Feels like too much of a chore. I don't drop anything I just put them on hold but I can't force myself to watch a show I don't find interesting. I have a high mean score because I do research and watch the anime I want to watch when I'm in the mood to watch it.

I personally have a few reason, the first would be that i always try to finish a show so that if i have to discuss about it people can't tell me that i've only seen a few episodes so my opinion isn't really valuable.

The second reason is personal, since i don't have a work right now i decided to watch every airing seasonal anime (since i like all genre), i've dropped only three show of this season that i found really awful.

So yeah like i said since i like all genre i don't have to search for anime, i have thousand to watch^^
Mar 22, 2016 6:05 PM

Jan 2016
..now that was a little anticlimactic. A 6 because I kinda enjoyed the 'strides' but critically, it would be a 5.

When the PV for this was released I was so excited to see what was in store. I ended up being disappointed when it finally aired. The animation is not my kind of thing, and felt so 'off'.

I only stayed with it because of the strides. And I thought that when it finally finishes, I'd be okay with it. So why am I having mixed feelings about it?
Mar 22, 2016 6:17 PM
Jun 2014
ExoticBankai said:
Kewinn24 said:

I personally have a few reason, the first would be that i always try to finish a show so that if i have to discuss about it people can't tell me that i've only seen a few episodes so my opinion isn't really valuable.

The second reason is personal, since i don't have a work right now i decided to watch every airing seasonal anime (since i like all genre), i've dropped only three show of this season that i found really awful.

So yeah like i said since i like all genre i don't have to search for anime, i have thousand to watch^^

Ah I see. Well you have good reasons then! I like all genre as well but like i said I watch them when i'm in the mood so I can maximize my enjoyment.
Mar 22, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2014
It was an alright series, the finale was too short though.

I think it wrapped up too quickly. Maybe if they hadn't wasted an episode on that beach episode then they could've spent more time on the finale.

Overall an average score of 7/10 for me.
Mar 22, 2016 6:41 PM

Apr 2012
The idea of the anime was nice but overall this anime was not my cup of tea.
Mar 22, 2016 6:50 PM

Dec 2011
This wasn't a bad anime. The ending was pretty nice and how touching of the teamwork and soul put into every Relationing being passed on from Strider to Strider. It could've been better executed but not complaining, I was more than happy to see them Win in the end and keep their promise to each other. Overall it wasn't that bad of an anime.
"Can't wait for the Unexpected"
Mar 22, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
So Honan wins. Nice to see Tomoe having fun. His brother is finally enjoying the sport he tried so hard to pull him into. The race was exciting. They showed it in among flashbacks which I didn't mind much, but it certainly did take away a bit of the excitement. They should have shown more of the race. The way they ended things by not showing the result until the magazine pages flipped was nice, but they should have shown more of the last leg of the race at least.

Overall this was a good show. The main problem was that they didn't exactly manage to make the drama anything good enough. The problems the characters had were a bit stupid I think. Kinda pointless issues made so big, in a way. The animation also dropped at some point. The visuals were okay but not something exceptional. Or maybe I'm saying this as because Prince of Stride comes after Madhouse's brilliant run last year. And comparing this to most of what Madhouse had to offer last year, this certainly isn't up there at all. If they had upped the animation quality at least, it would have been better because I'm not sure how much they could have fixed the issues with the characters troubles and stuff. One more standout point was the soundtrack which made the races better.

Overall there was room for improvement but the exciting races and the soundtrack almost made up for what was lacking.
Mar 22, 2016 7:37 PM
Jul 2015
this show was overall fine. I wanted to see how Riku won tho...

i didnt even liked this series that much but i feel somehow sad it ended, im going to miss these guys
Mar 22, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
I thought it wasn't bad for a show based on an otome game. I really hope the game comes to the US so I do all the character routes and learn more about them.

5.5/10
Mar 22, 2016 8:14 PM

Feb 2015
Seriously mediocre. I can't believe they won. 5/10 and that's me being nice.
Mar 22, 2016 9:02 PM

Jul 2015
Such a feels finale, but I also agree EP 11 was the most exciting.

This was more of a trap investment of feelings-hype only to be left with a rushed much anticipated race :(

The first half was 'kinda' important because of the relation changes and how Riku's meant to face his brother, but they could've at least made more scenes / screen time for the FINAL race </3

The childhood memories are bugging me. I knew a scene was shown during training camp..

There wasn't even a scene for the 'King' and the 'Princess'
and so much more.

Still, I enjoyed this show especially the Kohinata-Kadowaki duo lol

7/10! Not the worst, definitely not the best
ronpdeeMar 22, 2016 9:07 PM

Mar 22, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
Please let this be the end of your story.

Did not enjoy this at all. Rare sighting, madhouse struck out on this one.

The premise sounded interesting before this show aired but stride has to be the weakest sport I've had the displeasure of watching. It's just running sprints. No more than a track and field event...except not.
Mar 22, 2016 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
Grimmbae said:
Well that was underwhelming...

Poor execution in my opinion.

The tension of Final Race and Final Episode is not there meh
Mar 22, 2016 9:44 PM
Aug 2011
Man talk about having expectations that are too damn high and it didn't deliver.
I was still hanging on to those lingering OPM feelings towards Madhouse.

Most of the episodes were average if not boring, the comedy wasn't to my tastes at all either.
If anything I found the glasses dude and "Armin"annoying. (As you call tell I didn't even learn their names, and that's usually not a problem for me.)

At least the voice acting was great but that's kind of a given by now as anime by big name studios don't suffer from poor voice acting these days.
Mar 22, 2016 10:16 PM
Sep 2010
I thought this show was pretty good. I really only watched it after I heard that it was another otome adaptation, which was, of course, lacking the romance. It also lacked the Fujo-bait that everyone kept talking about. Another Free!? Are we watching the same show? There weren't any shirtless guys or female gazes going on here. The most that happened was Fujiwara's leg-day obsession.

I'm also not getting the music love here. The opening and ending themes were good, but it felt like the bg music was just three songs, the "End! Of! Summa!", that speedy song they play when a race first starts and the "You gotta show me" song. They really lost their touch the fifth time they used it for an emotional race. Speaking of race, where were they? For a show about running, we sure didn't see a ton of it. They put so much effort into making the COURSES look nice that they skipped out on some killer running animation. At least the show looked good. The various graphics felt very futuristic, as if we were looking at Nana's tablet with our own eyes with every split screen. And I loved how the opening and ending themes carried the same futuristic look. The character designs were neat too. I may not have been able to remember everyone's names, but I'll remember their crazy hairdos.

Kadowaki was probably my favorite character and a part of me is a little disappointed that he didn't run again after getting hurt. Kyosuke was hot as hell and his silky voice didn't help, but he was a walking quote-spewer with no flaws and a terrible replacement for Kadowaki. He rarely interacted with anybody except Heath (who was my second favorite) and I'm still trying to get why May-chan adored that brick wall of a character.

The feud between Honan and GalStan was probably the best part of this show. You guys are right, episode 11 was the better one since they established early on in the series that THESE guys were the main rivals. So good that they steal your ending credits. But I guess some tension was needed and the two teams already got along like best buddies. I'm glad that all of the characters were pretty much nice guys. Very few arrogant ones, so props to them for portraying athletes in a non-douchey way.

Overall, this was a very safe, mediocre anime. Remarkable? Hell no. Abomination? Not even close. I hope there'll be another season. With some better animation and more music, this could be a great show. Until next summer then...
KappiSoSMar 22, 2016 10:19 PM
Mar 23, 2016 12:17 AM

Nov 2014
what sort of masochists are you people, forcing yourselves to watch something you've disliked 3-4 episodes in...? XD i'd love to have your patience if that's what's pushing you to watch this until the end lol XD

i watched this at work and i tried my best to control my feelings lol. I love this show and the game so much i feel like the story could've been delivered better with more episodes. There's more depth and more feelings ( i could've died more too) in the source and 12 episodes definitely isn't enough and that's really one of the weaknesses of this anime. I don't think it's fair to compare POSA with Free considering Free has had like what, 3 seasons?

One of the strong points was the music, and i wish they'd release the other OSTs soon. I really love that "end of summer" bit before the actual event started. I also love the fact that every other team they've beaten to reach this point went to support Honan :D

Personally, i love how there isn't too much angsty feelings in this anime. Or extended dramatic cuts. I like how it's just punching me right in the face with enough feelings without leaving me stressed like other pretty serious sports anime lol
Mar 23, 2016 1:20 AM
Mar 2008
ktzn said:
what sort of masochists are you people, forcing yourselves to watch something you've disliked 3-4 episodes in...? XD i'd love to have your patience if that's what's pushing you to watch this until the end lol XD

ExoticBankai gave 2 reasons for it.
Yet my main reason is simple: I dont like to leave things unfinished. Meaning, what i started, then i will finish it also, especially when there are only a few episodes in total. I made and still make exceptions when the anime is horrendous...........thats why i only have 5 droped anime in total and those are ones that go to episode 50 and beyond.
In the case of PoS, this anime wanst that horrendous, but it was still bad (of course, my opinion) in every aspect. And 12 episodes isnt all that long. Its the same as the anime "Divine Gate" for me. Bad anime in almost every way possible but only a few episodes total and it isnt horrendous.
But to your point of comparing it to Free...............i think its legit to compare the two, especially when someone (like me) only saw the first season (and no, i am not interested in the other seasons, i have way better anime to watch)
Mar 23, 2016 1:50 AM

Nov 2014
MahadoKusanagi said:

But to your point of comparing it to Free...............i think its legit to compare the two, especially when someone (like me) only saw the first season (and no, i am not interested in the other seasons, i have way better anime to watch)

but you already started with Free, won't it be a shame if you don't follow through just like you said? ^_^

rhaynebow said:
So good that they steal your ending credits. But I guess some tension was needed and the two teams already got along like best buddies. I'm glad that all of the characters were pretty much nice guys. Very few arrogant ones, so props to them for portraying athletes in a non-douchey way.

lmao that was funny XD

I really love how Galstan isn't douchey at all, in the game though let's just say Reiji didn't react to losing quite well and i was looking forward to seeing his reaction. But I guess they didn't go through with that since he's supposed to be this princely being. Also, we see that Takeru was cute little chub when he was a kid, perhaps that's why he's so into health and nutrition now? (like a lot more than the average person? lol)

I'm really sad this anime is ending. I love how even though it's based on an otoge, we don't really see Nana being ogled at by all the males.
Mar 23, 2016 2:02 AM

May 2008
Well this was boring. Apart from Yagami and arguably Sakurai they didn't really explore any of the characters that much.

The whole "we knew each other as kids" thing seemed to come completely out of nowhere and serve no purpose. It seemed like a cheap excuse to give them a reason to be into Stride, even though Yagami and Sakurai already had legit reasons to be interested in it.

Also, skipping the end of the final race when they've been building up to it the whole series is pretty bullshit.

In the end I only really cared about Fujiwara anyway, so whatever. Boring characters, story wasn't interesting, art was pretty bad most of the way through and overall I didn't care. It wasn't bad, it was just bland. 5/10.
Mar 23, 2016 2:34 AM
Mar 2008
ktzn said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

but you already started with Free, won't it be a shame if you don't follow through just like you said? ^_^

I started it, yes. But i finished it as well. What i consider the most is the number of episodes and not if it continues in a second season that comes a few months later or something. Therefore, back then there were only 12 episodes and because of that, i finished it. If i consider the anime to be good, then i'll continue with season 2, but if not or when i fell that i am gonna waste my time, then i wont continue it.
Therefore, the first 12 episodes were watched, but the seasons after i am not gonna watch. Its like if PoS gets a second season, at that point i dont care since season 1 was bad (imo).
Another example would be Sailor Moon Crystal. Imo it was bad, almost horrendous and i finished the anime with those 26 episodes, i know now that it will get another season, but i am not gonna waste my time with it even thou its seems that it will be getting a new design........which looks way better than before.
Just to make my point clearer.
Mar 23, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2011
Best otome game adaptation I've seen. Though as a sports series it could have done a lot better.
Mar 23, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2014
Best anime about competitive relay racing/ parkour I've ever seen. 7/10.
Mar 23, 2016 6:21 AM

Jun 2013
nice episode and of course they won
Mar 23, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
What the heck was that last episode.
The previous one was actually good. They showed the race, it was nice.
And this one? What. They won, cool, I guess. But it would be oh so much better if they actually SHOWED IT, and not throw only that "Honan won" magazine page.

Overall, 6/10. I like sports anime, but this one... Eh. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. I will probably forget about this anime in like a month or two.
I like pancakes.
Mar 23, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
WOOOOOOOOOOOSHIT BOY!

That was intense! And they could've ended it better, honestly.

Pretty average all-in-all, save for the audiovisuals. 5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2016 12:46 PM

Jan 2014
Like everyone's saying, I enjoyed episode 11's race better. The feels were nice and all, but I had been really looking forward to the race against Kakyoin and wanted to see them get owned but it skipped over everything and we didn't even get to see the end of it. The series is still good, I'm just a little disappointed. I'm glad Riku overcame his fear and raced with his asshole brother again though.
Mar 23, 2016 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
the finale is more into the relationship rather than the action. well, i'm not suprised about that because this anime originally is for girls, so obvious relationship is the priority here. tbh, not really that hype for an ending. not really satisfiying to me. well, because of the action obviously. i was really lack of action imo, but i still like the relationship problem, conclusion, and development. i think that was pretty good. but yeah...i came here to see the sports action but....well, i guess okay. i enjoy it but not really satisfied for the finale.

from overall, i like it, i enjoy it. really like the concept of the sport, on top of that running is one of my fav sports. the charcter development and the problems was pretty good imo. i like the setting which those three were actually childhood friends. i like that setting and i really like the way they executed it, but...it was lack of action.
the pacing was okay imo. it didn't bother my enjoyment at all from the beginning so, i think it was okay.
And....it was predictable!

enjoyable but not really that satisfiying with "the 'character' problem and development is being the priority". so i'm gonna give it 7/10.
wouldn't mind a second season but....please more action :D

Edit: the directior is a girl XD well, i guess it makes sense now XD
she was directing No Game No Life too, that suprise me :o
YizelTroMar 23, 2016 1:45 PM
Mar 23, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2008
Personal enjoyment 7/10
Otherwise 4 or 5/10. Ending sucked imo.
Mar 23, 2016 5:26 PM

May 2008
6/10 gotta love the OST of this anime!
Mar 23, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2009
this show was kinda homo
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2016

75 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 10, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2016

53 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2016

56 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2016

72 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Prince of Stride: Alternative Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2016

62 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.