Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2014 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh this show sure loves that theme song.

Anyways, it was an alright finale. There's a bit of reflection of Kou's past again from his point of view. Well after that, they're back at school again. Welp, they showed Toma's prescence again this episode. That's too bad they can't flesh out his character at this point. I'm also a bit disappointed that Shuko's character wasn't too focused on although it was pretty much given that since it's a 1 cour show.

Hmm, I think I'll rate the show 8/10 for now. Oh nice, they did manage to get another scene of Shuko in this episode.
Sep 22, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2007
Cannot believe I missed first 10 mins. of it...

He starts to show his change in front of her. lol @ the hunger breaking the mood of her wanting to confess. He tries to communicate with his family by at least eat dinner with them. He is also considering getting family name back soon.

Both of them are awkward. They can feel that he's trying to be back on track. Top 15? Wow. lol @ that guy from the library.

The girls telling each other that they are serious about attacking.
tsubasaloverSep 22, 2014 8:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty satisfying ending. I could tell there were some scenes hinting a possible second season.

It was a nice closure to an over all good anime, personally not the best but definitely a decent shoujo i've seen in a while. I would have liked it if they focused more on other characters like Shuko but I guess it's a matter of pacing with the manga.
I rate this anime 7/10 ;)
MayoraaaSep 22, 2014 8:42 AM
Sep 22, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2008
That second hug just to wipe the tears... ;(
I love that scene!

That scene with Kou and Futaba on starry sky! *.*
I must have it in HQ as my new PC wallpaper!

Kou in hoodie *.*
I want it!
I want Kou's hoodie *.*

Youichi's crying was so cute!

That blushing Kou in school was so cute!
In manga this was much cute!
But still love it!

I knew it!
They will end up on chapter 14 xD
This is good moment to end anime series :)

I really like these new scene when Kou and Futaba look on each other,
then look away to let look again *.*
Just like in middle school! *.*
Some things don't change :)

Aww... this anime reminded me how much I love that first past of AHR
and how much I miss these old moments... ;(
Sep 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
second season soon yes please thank you

10/10 from me. The whole water-colour affect was wonderful and the story followed the manga nicely. I loved it.
Sep 22, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed this series a lot. 9/10
Sep 22, 2014 12:14 PM
Jul 2013
Loved it 10/10 XD
Sep 22, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2012
Would give it 7/10 if it actually went anywhere, but as it stands, 6/10 from me.

Kou and Futaba are the least likeable of the group. And romance didn't progress at all from the start.
Sep 22, 2014 12:20 PM

May 2013
Guess there's no confession or anything like that in this episode. Lol that guy from the library thinking that Futaba's a perv. Hopefully there will be another season of this.
Sep 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Okay this finale was just look like a start of a new chapter of their lives. And we didn't even got to the point that Kou or Futaba confess. But we all know all along what Futaba feels. Anyway I'm satisfied with this ending so I'll give it 8 score. And if this got an OVA (High probability) or Second Season (In a few years) I'll watch it too. Maybe I should also catch up the manga?
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 22, 2014 12:24 PM

Jul 2010
Kou not letting Futaba go just yet!
Kou really liking the expression Futaba had when she was running at him ^^
Close to a confession, but instincts came first!

As they go home thinking about each other!
Quite the emotional scene at the dinner table! Quite happy that things are going pretty well at Kou's home.

Kou and Futaba being a bit awkward from being self-conscious now ^^
How they both looked at each other at the same time.
Kou playing with his hair then falling down to his bag!!!
Kou now always with them and doing well in class. The Touma person... a potential love rival!?! They won't show him again without a reason.

What Tanaka-sensei said Kominato!!!
What a wonderful ED T.T Liked how the title was explained ^^
A really enjoyable series, easily 9/10 for me! Really should start the manga at the next time I have time!

Dec 2012
6/10, damn the pacing was slow. I was actually bored throughout the show even though I like the manga.

Feb 2014
Kou and Futaba ~
Kou, Tanaka-sensei, and their dad getting along.
Tanaka-sensei crying at the dinner table ~
Kou doing better with exams than his teachers, haha.
Another small appearance of Touma.
Shuuko and Tanaka-sensei ~
Kominato getting annoyed, haha.

Well, while their summer break begins, this season ends.

This was a really amazing and enjoyable series.
Hoping for a season 2! ...after those little hints of a couple characters.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 22, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
Someone already gave me spoilers so i wasnt expecting a conclusion for romance part but the finale was good.Seems like Tanaka sensei will make a move and Kou/Futaba accepted their feelings...

That theme song already became one of my favorites.OP and ED's were also really good.

Anyway i am not in mood to read shoujo manga,until i change my mind or a second season comes out goodbye Ao Haru Ride...

7/10 gg
LoneWizzySep 22, 2014 2:57 PM
Sep 22, 2014 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Kou is not letting Futaba go because he did not want her to see that he is crying.

Kou, Tanaka-sensei and their dad is getting along.
Sep 22, 2014 12:28 PM

Oct 2010
These 12 episodes reminded me of how much better I thought Ao Haru Ride was, before
Sep 22, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
Madara31 said:
These 12 episodes reminded me of how much better I thought Ao Haru Ride was, before

Oh god,I feel great that they didn't get much attention in the anime

Holy shit though,that open ending kinda ruined it for me(even though I was expecting it). I honestly thought it would focus more on Kou and Futaba's relationship,romance and shoujo shit stuff,rather than friendship and Kou's family issues. Well,I'm not disappointed,but it could've been better. I'd have prefered an original ending.
Sep 22, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2009
That's it?
While it's nice that they have resolved Kou's family problem, I had hoped the adaptation will reach further into the manga and give the romance a proper conclusion as well, before the whole story and the relationships go to sh*t.

Girly Tanaka-sensei's crying was a bit too much to bear X_X

Nontheless, it's definitely one of the better shoujo-manga adaptations from the recent years, and it's great the studio stayed so faithful to the source material.
Sep 22, 2014 12:44 PM
Feb 2013
omg more kikuchi moments!hopefully theres gonna be a second season! XD
Sep 22, 2014 12:48 PM
Aug 2011
Average except for Kou's family issues which are issues that are easy to relate to for some people.
standSep 22, 2014 12:52 PM
Sep 22, 2014 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
Really cute last ep :3

Kou refusing to let go of the hug was cute

Worst cockblock ever <_< Why u rumble stupid stomach and after all that tension build up >.<!

Totally loved the scene when Futaba and Kou were staring at the stars <3

The happy Tanaka family dinner time was so sweat :3 Happy for Tanaka-sensei ^^

Kou's blushing flustered face when he saw Futaba the nxt day was really nice to see hehe.

Dat challenge with how Tanaka-sensei said "If it ends in a few that makes her happy, that's fine with u?" OWNED!! XD

8.5/10 :3 So it goes downhill from here with Touma and the other girl? I'll just be satisfied with this as an ending ^^
Sep 22, 2014 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
9/10 from me , enjoyed this series but this wasnt really the best ending
Sep 22, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
8/10, they just adapted a few chapters (15~20) from the manga so most of the interesting story is out of the show (Kikuchi).
In my opinion the ending is just like another episode but they added a few memories at the end to close it.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Sep 22, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
I think this show lacked focus. It started off in a way that got me excited but didn't build on that momentum.

I'm a big romance fan so I look for a few things to make a show like this good. A likeable hero/heroine, a moving story or one that makes you care about what will happen next, and (depending on the archetype) a good supporting cast/events.

Without getting long winded in a comment. There were character problems, event problems, and drama problems. I wanted to like this show and the continued story from where this episode leaves us might be really good. But, the story of how we got this point was not impressive and I don't even mind rehashed cliches/stories/ideas. However, good animation and good music.

6/10. It missed the mark. I would hope the manga is better.
Sep 22, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2009
alright. had its moments. overall felt pretty meh but 7/10. decent.
Sep 22, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty enjoyable show, but I'm a bit disappointed that the end episode took more of a friendship route than romance. While I'm sure love will blossom between Kou and Futaba eventually I'd prefer to see the results of it in the finale.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Sep 22, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
that ending tho :(
8/10 and it reminds me of when AHR was really enjoyable tbh
Sep 22, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
It was generic but fairly well done and I enjoyed it. Also I love that insert song by Chelsy.

7/10
Sep 22, 2014 1:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I didn't get to comment here due to circumstances last week but that feels train was too much for me

This was a great follow up to that and everything was executed really well

Other than that the part when shots were fired at Tanaka sensei made a laugh so hard

Anyway this series was nothing but amazing and the characters were all great...THIS is how you write a romance anime

9/10

I am so gonna read the manga tomorrow along with Hunter x Hunter ^^

P.S That orange hair guy better not get in the way of my OTP -_- And I'm kinda bummed out over the fact that we didn't get a kiss or anything but oh well
Sep 22, 2014 1:22 PM

May 2013
Love it! All the way. It seems like there's gonna be season 2? Omg , yes please.

10/10 :3
Sep 22, 2014 1:24 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The last episode gave me some warm and fuzzy feelings, seeing all of them walking together after school and getting along so well. Four of them have come a long way since the beginning. Kou finally letting himself have fun and moving forward little by little from his mother's death, Futaba learning to make real friends, Shuuko and Yuuri also finally belonging somewhere as well. But yeah, I have to agree that the first part of the manga was the more or less generic part of it, and that's where the anime stopped. Although if there were ever to be a second season, I can see people getting annoyed and frustrated :P Still good overall because I love Kou so much and they made the anime have that slow, relaxing, and slice of life feel which I enjoy a lot.
Sep 22, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
Futaba pervert! That was hilarious.
Anyways, good episode, Kou finally changing and opening to his friends.
A good ending.
Sep 22, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2012
I liked this one. I really liked it. :)
I could've do without Futaba's orange hair friend almost causing a triangle though. Just being Yoshioka's friend would've sufficed.

8/10

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 22, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
I don't usually like shoujo, but this one was good. It needs a second season though, it felt like a prologue for me.
7/10
Sep 22, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
y123y said:
Finally, its over!!!!! No more Shoujo/Josei junk!!!!

The first 2 episodes were about how they acted one way, but how they were different from how they acted. Then after that, it was just a generic shoujo packed with cliche moments and uninteresting characters.

The opening was amazing.

2/10

Wait dude, you watched a shoujo... and hated it because it was a shoujo? What were you expecting? ;o

Decent ending, didn't really like Futaba for the majority of the series, so it was just only slightly above average for me. The resolution was at least rather pleasant. 6/10.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2007
here comes the teardrops waterfall display >.< gosh how much I cried!
this anime really touched me. Having lost my father I could really relate to Kou's feelings and seeing him able to let them out was very touching!
I am going to miss this anime sooo much, I hope there is a second season...
I just love how kou and futaba are reacting like they did when they liked each other back then! I really do want a second season.. c':
9/10 for me!
Sep 22, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
what's in my mind she will said: "Kou no koto ga suki da, Kou no koto ga suki da, Kou no koto ga suki da"
reality: GROOWWLL

LOL at that scene, really it moves the atmosphere, and surely gotta love someone like that in my life, really could open a door of a cold hearted person.

tanaka-sensei declare war to the blonde? geez gotta read the manga!

and who's touma btw?

anyway, loved this series, one of the best shoujo i've ever watched!!

9/10
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 22, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
this series would be 100 times better if kou was a girl.

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Sep 22, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
billybob300c said:
this series would be 100 times better if kou was a girl.

8/10

And 1000 times better if he wasn't even in it...

He didn't seem likeable at all to me. Especially considering he was supposed to be male lead. Futaba was lame as well...

I'd rather watch whole anime about Murao and Tanaka sensei instead.
Sep 22, 2014 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Vexper said:
y123y said:
Finally, its over!!!!! No more Shoujo/Josei junk!!!!

The first 2 episodes were about how they acted one way, but how they were different from how they acted. Then after that, it was just a generic shoujo packed with cliche moments and uninteresting characters.

The opening was amazing.

2/10

Wait dude, you watched a shoujo... and hated it because it was a shoujo? What were you expecting? ;o

Decent ending, didn't really like Futaba for the majority of the series, so it was just only slightly above average for me. The resolution was at least rather pleasant. 6/10.

Maybe somewhere in his heart he hoped for a twist like Madoka has.
Sep 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
UGH....If I didn't read ahead in the manga I would be ripping my hair out in agony over the lack of progress in the "romance" area...because in that regards it was AGONIZING slow.

Part of me hopes there is a second season but part of me doesn't....

Well not the best shoujo I've seen but it was decent.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2014
Despite the lack of closure in the romance department which is kind of what this anime was all about I still enjoyed it. Probably going to read the manga now seeing as if there's going to be a season 2 it might take a while for it to come. 7/10
SaikachiSep 22, 2014 2:04 PM
Sep 22, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
The animation and OST are pretty impressive. 8/10 from me. Time to continue the manga.
Keep moving forward
Sep 22, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2014
In for season two.

Futaba da bess. I can't wait for the next season, especially to see Touma develop as a character. Dude is fabulous!

Obligatory 7.5/10 score, bro.
Sep 22, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
Nice adaptation. Still so much material left to be adapted.
I'm rooting for the second season so hard !! ^________^
Sep 22, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Not a bad ending. The family dinner scene was money but everything after was kind of meh (although expected). I loved Tanaka-sensei's trolling though. It was so perfect especially his final comment to Kominato.

This was definitely one of the more enjoyable shows of this season. I'm going to miss hearing that OP every week. I'm definitely down for some Season 2 action. The groundwork has been laid for Touma/crotch-grab guy so lets get it going.
Sep 22, 2014 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
Embarrassed Murao was SO.FREAKING.CUTE!
Really, they should had made more scenes with her...

I enjoyed Kou and the rest of his family getting along although his brother crying felt a little bit off... I don't know if it was the voice acting or whatever. The rest was still pretty good.

I'm in for a second season and planning on reading the manga.
8/10 - decent, heartwarming, cute, funny... although the anime had some problems in the romance area (especially involving the rest of the cast), they didn't spoiled my overall enjoyment.
Sep 22, 2014 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
Everything about this anime was great! Futaba and Kou were two really good characters too. 9/10.
Sep 22, 2014 2:53 PM

Jan 2014
billybob300c said:

I'd rather watch whole anime about Murao and Tanaka sensei instead.
Sep 22, 2014 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
This anime actually became one of my favorite ones.
The mixture between drama and romance with some comedy was just right for me.
9/10

Sadly it was the last episode though it somehow feels like it needs a closure.
Really hoping for a 2nd Season, though I've been thinking in reading the manga because of all the Touma stuff going around in the forums.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

176 by cooldogmom »»
Sep 16, 2023 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.