Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu' Anime Adaptation Announced

New
Feb 12, 2014 9:44 AM

Feb 2012
Tweets coming from the latest stage play of Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu reveal that at the play, a message was projected on-screen announcing that a new anime adaptation for the series was green-lit.

The news was then confirmed by an assistant of Yoshiki Tanaka, writer of the novel series, along with the announcement that the new series will not be a remake, but rather, will be adapting more from the original novels.

The original adaptation for the series was a long-running OVA series which included 110 episodes between January 1988 and March 1997.

Source: Yaraon, ANN, Tweet 1 (reveal), Tweet 2 (confirmation), Post by assistant (adapting more from novel series)
myanimelistllcFeb 13, 2016 4:25 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2014 9:46 AM

Feb 2010
HOLY COW

THE DAY.
IT HAS.
FINALLY COME.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Feb 12, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2013
What.

Wow, this is good news for the fanboys. I think I'll watch this new adaptation.
Miss me?
Feb 12, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
FUCK YES
REINHARD IN HD HNNNNNG

Let's hope that the new director isn't going to screw it up
הלב שלי כבר מת
Feb 12, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
JohnLock said:
What.

It's good news for anime as a whole, it's just not everybody knows it yet.

Seriously, no matter how it turns out I am looking forward to this. This out of left field announcement totally sucker punched Fate/stay night and Stardust Crusaders to become my most anticipated anime.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 9:54 AM

Mar 2008
insan3Spectre said:
JohnLock said:
What.

Seriously, no matter how it turns out I am looking forward to this. This out of left field announcement totally sucker punched Fate/stay night and Stardust Crusaders to become my most anticipated anime.
I think it's time. Shall we say it again?

ANIME IS SAVED, ONCE MORE AND FOREVER.

Jul 2011
Wind_Sr said:
along with the announcement that the new series will not be a remake, but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

It's something good or bad? I never watched this series.

Nov 2011
I wonder which studio will animate this.

Dec 2007
A certain panda I know will fap to this, even if she's pure as a lilly.
Feb 12, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2008
Stark700 said:
Omnibus. A new studio each episode. It will be an anime of all colours, of all standards. A new galaxy explored. The Legend made anew in all encompassing art.
Feb 12, 2014 9:55 AM
Nov 2013
I really hope a larger fanbase now. LoGH needs more popularity. A big LoGH fanbase would save the anime world.
Feb 12, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2008
I can't wait to see my husbando Kircheis in glorious HD.
Feb 12, 2014 9:58 AM
Mar 2010
Never heard of this but it looks interesting!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 2013
It's your turn, Sanzigen! naturally with full CGI (j/k)

Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
I'd like to see Madhouse do it.
Feb 12, 2014 9:59 AM

Jun 2009
Ckan said:
insan3Spectre said:
JohnLock said:
What.

And all viewers will rise and chant SEIG KAISER REINHARD and praise the Magician.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 10:03 AM
Dec 2011
Fuck yeah ! This month have lot of good news

insan3Spectre said:

This +1
Feb 12, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2012
Oh no! Now the hipsters and pseudo intellectuals will never shut up...Guess i'll stay away from any anime forum this year
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Feb 12, 2014 10:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not sure how to feel about this to be honest. LOGH is one of the greatest anime ever made and I have the feeling that there is so much they can do wrong with the adaption and little they can improve upon. I'll obviously devour it when it comes out, but aghh...I'm just scared they won't do justice to the material... I hope it ends up being a positive experience like Yamato 2199.

Kampai Democracy!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 12, 2014 10:05 AM
Dec 2011
Nucksen said:
Oh no! Now the hipsters and pseudo intellectuals will never shut up...Guess i'll stay away from any anime forum this year

What? Or you are the one here who is hipster or pseudo intellectual.
Feb 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
Wind_Sr said:
but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

so... is it gonna be a sequel ??? because I'm too lazy to watch 100+ episodes of the original adaptation
Feb 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Mar 2008
ranzero said:
so... is it gonna be a sequel ??? because I'm too lazy to watch 100+ episodes of the original adaptation
This is the wrong attitude. Go watch the film: My Conquest is the Sea of Stars. Then proceed to dine on relish.

aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

Now, now. Let's keep the faeces-slinging till the fifth page.
Feb 12, 2014 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
I consider the OVA one of the best anime ever, but I'm still looking forward to this, since it will be more faithful to the novels that I sadly have yet to read. Hope the orginal cast and staff returns, especially Ishiguro and Horikawa (he's the only Reinhard).
Feb 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2012
Not a remake hmmm
I might still watch it.
Feb 12, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
WTF. Ok...this is pretty awesome. Probably the most surprising anime news in a long time.
Feb 12, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
insan3Spectre said:
Ckan said:
insan3Spectre said:
JohnLock said:
What.

And all viewers will rise and chant SEIG KAISER REINHARD and praise the Magician.

+1 Anime is TRULY saved.
Prosit guys.

Anyway, THIS, SC and Mushishi are the most ones which I'm looking forward.
Feb 12, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
Thats good and all but where is my MAL entry so I can put it in my fav already.
Feb 12, 2014 10:12 AM

Feb 2012
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

I just dislike those fandoms, who will never shut the f*ck up. LoGH was quite good, but seriously, It's suffering the Citizen Kane syndrome: You have to like it, or the "cool kids" and wannabe experts will arrogantly laugh at your taste and question your sanity, intelligence, whatever. No matter how good an anime is, such fandoms ruin it forever
Feb 12, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2008
Nucksen said:
I just dislike those fandoms, who will never shut the f*ck up. LoGH was quite good, but seriously, It's suffering the Citizen Kane syndrome: You have to like it, or the "cool kids" and wannabe experts will arrogantly laugh at your taste and question your sanity, intelligence, whatever. No matter how good an anime is, such fandoms ruin it forever
Letting fandoms 'ruin' things for you, is the worst invention of all time.

deadleeserious said:
WTF. Ok...this is pretty awesome. Probably the most surprising anime news in a long time.
Inferno_Cop said:
Thats good and all but where is my MAL entry so I can put it in my fav already.

This day, we celebrate. Tomorrow, we take MAL, then the world!
Feb 12, 2014 10:14 AM

Jan 2012
So what is this like a new adaption of the entire series? If so I am excited but I will miss reinhard and wenli's old voice actors. :(

Space battles HD... fuck yeah!!!
you sound poor
Feb 12, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 2008
Nucksen said:
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

You've watched it? Why is it in your plan to watch list?

Oct 2007
I have mixed feelings about this considering the original is pretty much tied with Gundam as my all time favorite anime franchise. They'd really have to get the tone and gravity of the dialogue and characters right as well as really understand their motivations and what makes them who they are as well as set aside at least 100 episodes to match up to the classic. Also I just can't picture anyone other than the original cast in the roles of the respective characters now.

Of course if it does turn out inferior I'll always have the original OVA series and it'll expose more people to the saga so that should prove interesting if it's even half as well directed, written and acted as it was. I just ask please no gimmick studios like Shaft involved in this for the love of god as unlikely as it would be for them to get picked for something like this anyway. Someone that has a strong track record with adapting sci-fi works like Sunrise, I.G, Madhouse or hell even Artland who seems to be active again with Mushishi (is this announcement related to their sudden revival) if they can be given the proper budget to work with it.
Feb 12, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2012
Ckan said:

Because i do not update my list permanently. Let me fix this for you...
Feb 12, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
Stark700 said:
I'd like to see Madhouse do it.

Sure? After Mahou Sensou I wouldn't let them do a show I actually like if my life depended on it.

Feb 12, 2014 10:18 AM

Mar 2008
Nucksen said:
notCkan said:

I am not the villain that exists, but the one you deserve. You fabricate like a Phezzan Terraist.
Feb 12, 2014 10:19 AM
Dec 2011
Nucksen said:
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

Who cares about them, just ignore it.
Feb 12, 2014 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
VanishingKira said:
Would be great if Bones animated it.

If White Fox does it, the score on this site will be 9.76.
Feb 12, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2012
Ckan said:
Nucksen said:
Ckan said:

I am not the villain that exists, but the one you deserve.
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

Who cares about them, just ignore it.

I try, but some of them are way too annoying
Nov 2013
Ckan is drunk by joy.

Jun 2012
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck in history. With Yamakan as director.
Feb 12, 2014 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
Rashkolnikov said:
Ckan is drunk by joy.
When tipsy, I slay people who speak badly of me, such did Iskander and other GREAT MEN of PRUDISH PUREWHITE REPUTE SUCH AS I!

Nucksen said:
Ckan said:
Nucksen said:
notactuallyaCkan said:

I am not the villain that exists, but the one you deserve.

I try, but some of them are way too annoying
But seriously, please stop misquoting me or I'll cry. I'm a sensitive evil.
CkanFeb 12, 2014 10:28 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Feb 2010
I don't know if an LoGH remake is financially viable in today's...anime industry.
Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2009
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck in history. With Yamakan as director.

I've got to admit that a version of LoGH done badly could be entertaining in it's own way.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2008
insan3Spectre said:
Valkyrion said:

I've got to admit that a version of LoGH done badly could be entertaining in it's own way.

Yeah, but we already have that. It's called Golden Wings, lol.
Feb 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2007
Please, let it be Satelight. I want some idols to spice it up.
Feb 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2008
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Feb 12, 2014 10:28 AM
Nov 2013
Now I have to marathon the series, this news gave me a boner.
Feb 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck animated work in history. With Yamakan as director.

And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein, Jun Maeda and Okada Mari working on the script to make it more appropriate for the modern times, and character designs improved by Naruko Hanaharu (the author of Gargantia and tons of hentai).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

57 by ScarRufus »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 5 hours ago

1 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.