Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2014 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Not bad so far. The main protagonist is a badass in this fantasy crime series. For a cool dude though, he sure likes to fill his thirst. The case this chapter was a decent set up I guess to portray itself. With teh fantasy setting, I expect more supernatural cases beyond just helping out a mermaid girl.
Feb 13, 2014 6:52 AM

Dec 2013
But where did you read it? O.o I've been looking for it and I only found the Raw...
Feb 13, 2014 11:45 AM
Feb 13, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
When will it be translated
Life is but a creepin shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more
Feb 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
I've ask some translators in mangahere and it seems no one wants to risk to pick it up in case WSJ ends up dropping it like it uses to lately
Feb 25, 2014 8:51 AM
Jun 2013
Finally Translated !

good manga :D .. waiting for more
Feb 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
The first chapter has been translated by red hawk scans...
I enjoyed it, it can get much better tho, i'll be waiting for more chapters.
I felt bad for nova and mirror :c
A X L is such a boss ;)
Feb 25, 2014 11:04 AM
Mar 2012
A vampyr hunting his hunters, I'll definitely be enjoying this series
Feb 25, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2008
It was an okay start and I hope the story will develop nicely. :D
Feb 25, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2010
Not bad. Nothing special so far but this is Shiibashi-sensei so I'm sure it'll get good ^^

Liking AXL and the mermaids look cute. Plot is meh for now. I'm sure it should get awesome.
Feb 25, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
I liked it, but I think I'll put it on hold until there's a certainty of it not getting dropped by WSJ.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2013
That was an alright start, and the art was pretty good (As expected of Shiibashi). I'm looking forward to seeing more of these rares and what kind of people they are, also it would be interesting to learn about Axl's past, and I'm curious on how big this plot could get, not much happened, but I expect that it'll get even better later on (Just hope it survives though).
Feb 25, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
Finally he's back with a new manga. Nurarihyon was axed at the apex of the story when the sales were pumping money, all because of WSJ votes being low.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Feb 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
Hahaha, first i was, that this is not looking good story, Then I read it....Revelation; This WAS F***ING Awesome!!!! Looks Like Rare Protection Unit, Illegal Rare Hunter has Been Formed....And That Mermaid Fell Love with Axel...XD Black Vampire King X Mermaid Diva....Really nice Pairing.

And Looks It That One Again Main Character has Tragedy past....well that is normal in Shounen mangas...

Hahaha...So There has been Vampire Collection eh? But Now It Is Different, No Longer Collector Hunt The Rares, Now It IS;

SIE Sind Das ESSEN Und Wir Sind Die JÄGER!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 25, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
sherlock5545 said:
Finally he's back with a new manga. Nurarihyon was axed at the apex of the story when the sales were pumping money, all because of WSJ votes being low.

What!? Really!!!? *Check* Well actually for what i read it concluded this Month, It was not Axed...
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 25, 2014 7:55 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed the first chapter and I also really like the setting

As a big fan of Nurarihyon I have alot of hope for this series
Feb 25, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Hopefully this will be as popular as his previous work. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Feb 25, 2014 8:19 PM

Apr 2008
A pretty interesting first chapter. Some nice ideas, but the dialogue felt a bit stiff. Also, couldn't help but be reminded of "Jing: King of Bandits" as its first chapter also dealt with two mermaids. Anyways, I'll keep my eye on future chapters.
Feb 26, 2014 2:13 AM

Feb 2013
Jarjaxle said:
sherlock5545 said:

What!? Really!!!? *Check* Well actually for what i read it concluded this Month, It was not Axed...

Not sure where you are looking. Have a look here: http://myanimelist.net/manga/5664/Nurarihyon_no_Mago

The manga ended in December 2012. It was cancelled in early 2012 and then moved to Jump Square for the last three chapters. Unfortunately, the ending was rushed because of this. Such a shame, it was a very well thought story.
Feb 26, 2014 1:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
^What? :( I put Nurarihyon on hold but that sounds terrible that the author had to rush the ending. I really liked it too.

Anyways, I liked the first chapter, it had a good hook. Axl seems like a cool character, he's funny (in an unintentional way I guess) but he also says whatever he wants to say. As expected of a king :)
Feb 26, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2010
I like the first chapter glad it was a long chapter and not a cliffhanger.
I am very interested a vampire hunting his hunters, first mission was cool
Feb 27, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Reminded me of the famous Robin scene in One Piece when Mira said she wanted to live.
Feb 28, 2014 3:26 AM

Dec 2011
It's seems to be interesting so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 9:55 AM

Apr 2009
I liked this first chapter. The guy's blood-tasting power reminds me that I need to get caught up on Chew sometime.
Mar 1, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
I liked it, It's not exactly something new but it's not a cliché, I got interested but seems that anyone want translate this manga, we will need wait.
Mar 1, 2014 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
WolfKira said:
I liked it, It's not exactly something new but it's not a cliché, I got interested but seems that anyone want translate this manga, we will need wait.

RedHawkScans picked it up.
Mar 2, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2010
I enjoyed this chapter. It seems like it could be a really interesting story if played correctly. I hope it doesn't get dropped right away. I want to see where it will go from here. Nova is adorable, and I like Axl a lot already, maybe just because of his name... But they are already dropping some serious hints about the future, I hope they can come to fruition!
Mar 3, 2014 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
The premise of the story is promising. The art is top notch and on par with Hiroshi's usual style that made Nurarihyon no Mago so good. Hopefully, this series will have a better fate than his previous work.

I still don't understand why they should cancel series based on their popularity in the magazine although the volumes sold like crazy.
Mar 5, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
tingy said:
^What? :( I put Nurarihyon on hold but that sounds terrible that the author had to rush the ending. I really liked it too.)

Nah, the ending is good. It feels rush at some points, but still beats the endings of almost all other axed series and the things that were left unresolved seem to have been done so intentionally... hell, he even added a NEW villain faction in omake in the final volume XD (Hiroshi did say that he hopes to one day return to NuraMago-verse)

sherlock5545 said:
I still don't understand why they should cancel series based on their popularity in the magazine although the volumes sold like crazy.

Thats simply how WSJ works and one of the very reasons it is the most well-doing Magazine in Japan. For Mangaka, there is a choice to be made: go to another magazine where you will have story to yourself but much less chance of popularity or the WSJ where you participate in Hunger Games but in return get a lot of popularity and money.

Anyway, the volumes sold well but sales numbers were in decline. WSJ probably thought it would be worth the risk to make him do something new that might get better results than NuraMago.
Mar 7, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
Interesting.

This new manga has a lot of potential especially with the world building and the future characters themselves
Mar 7, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
Nayrael said:
tingy said:
^What? :( I put Nurarihyon on hold but that sounds terrible that the author had to rush the ending. I really liked it too.)

Nah, the ending is good. It feels rush at some points, but still beats the endings of almost all other axed series and the things that were left unresolved seem to have been done so intentionally... hell, he even added a NEW villain faction in omake in the final volume XD (Hiroshi did say that he hopes to one day return to NuraMago-verse)

sherlock5545 said:

Thats simply how WSJ works and one of the very reasons it is the most well-doing Magazine in Japan. For Mangaka, there is a choice to be made: go to another magazine where you will have story to yourself but much less chance of popularity or the WSJ where you participate in Hunger Games but in return get a lot of popularity and money.

Anyway, the volumes sold well but sales numbers were in decline. WSJ probably thought it would be worth the risk to make him do something new that might get better results than NuraMago.

Which is sad, since most of what comes out of WSJ is garbage (or turns out to be garbage).
Mar 9, 2014 5:33 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
It was nice, interesting... but there are factors that reminds me of other series. Hope it gets better

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2012
Besides the rushed ending nurarihyon was cool and this first chapter seemed aight; hopefully it gets better.
Mar 12, 2014 12:27 PM
Mar 2014
great another wsj title wonder how long till it gets cancelled
Cyber_BluezMar 12, 2014 12:32 PM
May 27, 2014 5:16 AM

Jun 2011
I was planning to drop the manga after reading the chapter, but eh, Shiibashi Hiroshi-sensei's new work? I guess I will hop onto this for a little longer and see how it goes.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 14, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2010
*reading the new work*
Me:

I LOVING IT ALL!! *A* AxL is so cool!
-butihopehedosntendupwithmermaidchickforsomereason-
well so are all characters tbh XD omgomgomg i wondered what Shiibashi Hiroshi-sensei's new work would be like - & i'm not disappointed! *^* i was sad when NNM ended just like that..*stalked everyones posts* i hope he get so return to NNM-vers some time too.

but i'm happy with this manga too. ah i wanna reaaaaaad mooooar~ >3< -survives on raws-

i wish to some higher power up there that wsj don´t drop this!! T^T
Shiibashi Hiroshi-sensei´s work IS EPIC!
❝ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ sᴛᴀʏs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴍʏᴛʜ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴs. I'ᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴘᴇʟʟ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴍᴇ❞
Oct 24, 2014 3:21 PM
Mar 2014
This chapter had a pretty good setup. I think i'll enjoy this series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Illegal Rare Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 2, 2016

1 by FTxNexus »»
Jan 2, 2016 10:48 AM

Poll: » Illegal Rare Chapter 18 Discussion

NoBleachNoLife - May 16, 2015

0 by NoBleachNoLife »»
May 16, 2015 7:35 AM

Poll: » Illegal Rare Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 3, 2014 2:55 PM

Poll: » Illegal Rare Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Oct 24, 2014 2:03 PM

Poll: » Illegal Rare Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2014

1 by Nayrael »»
Oct 17, 2014 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.