Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find this episode to be okay for some reminiscing. I'm still not sold on this yet but it has its bittersweet moments I suppose.

I spot a new tarot card. I wonder how many of those will be shown in this series in the end. As far Jeanne Kaguya, I think she should chill a bit. I find the ending to be somewhat thrilling. A sniper, oh shit. BANG. Himiko....:(
Feb 9, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone's sad over the death. That mask looks creepy. They don't want Nobunaga to be the head of the family, so they "asked" younger brother to be one... as expected (for funeral, in this case though). Showing sadness through blowing cherry blossom?

Jeanne leaving.

Two assassinations where Sakurai-san's character, being oni, shot younger brother (accepting to be the temporary head to protect Nobunaga) to protect Nobunaga for, and assassin shot Nobunaga but Himiko got shot for him.

February 23, 2014 next ep. and 30 mins delay.
tsubasaloverFeb 9, 2014 10:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2014 10:01 AM

May 2009
Is annoying shit really dead?
Feb 9, 2014 1:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This series took a turn for the serious with the death of the little brother and Himiko. Wow. Unexpected developments at this stage. Even with this state of affairs though, If Nobunaga doesn't get his act together, his clan will fall apart.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
What the fuck just happened? I didn't expect this anime to turn this dark...at least not so early.
Feb 9, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
wow himiko and nobukatsu
Feb 9, 2014 2:19 PM
Aug 2011
Almost dropped it around episode 3 but it keeps getting better and keeps surpassing my expectations.

I was originally in this for the Segoku period mecha, Da Vinci, and all that other ridiculousness but now it's turning into a tragic downward spiral.

Himiko's convenient appearance was highly questionable but I fear for Nobu's sanity after all of this.
Though I suppose he'll just use his overflowing manliness to maintain his sanity.
Feb 9, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2012
Gettin real tired of your shit Mitsuhide
Feb 9, 2014 2:55 PM

Feb 2011
this anime is turning worse and worse for me but im in for the long run...
i dont like the killing everyone theme going on here.

Feb 9, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Those assassination scenes were quite sad.

I'm not sure Himiko is dead or not, since her wound wasn't that worst or did not got shot right through her heart.
Feb 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2011
WHAT!!!! Mitsuhide WHY!!!! Not Nobukatsu T__T But Himeko OMG!! She can't die
Feb 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Nov 2007
I'm speechles, are they killing 1 char after another of?
Feb 9, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2013
Another good episode, I like how it touches society and conspirational problems in this anime

This episode had a great impact on me!

Poor Nobu, let´s see how he deals with pressure now on

Edit: Though I still don´t like how the whole scenario continues unexplained =/
Feb 9, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
This episode 0_0
Feb 9, 2014 4:10 PM
Oct 2012
Okay, hands up everyone who thinks that Mitsuhide killed Nobukatsu for the good of the clan.

As for how Himiko just "happened" to be there, chances are she can see into the future with that glass ball of her's and knew where to be at the right time. This explains her scene with Jeanne far better. Very good writing there.

Nobunaga at the funeral adds a bit of history back to this show. Nice touch point.

Hierophant is the next? Betting that it will be in reverse.
Feb 9, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Only episode 6 and we have 3 ( unless Himiko survives ) dead. Jeez.
Feb 9, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2012
Holy shit, this series has more balls than I thought it did. Last episode wasn't a shock, but damn I did not think we'd lose such central characters(assuming Himiko does die) like this. Mitsuhide is no joke.

This is definitely a step in the right direction, unless the deaths continue in a cheap way, unlike these ones.
Feb 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Dec 2013
it's getting better, but you can't help but feel the killing of of nobukatsu was sad and abit early due to there only being 6 episodes for his character development (or lack of it) but you sort of get why this happened. For some odd reason I compare it to Lelouch killing nunnely in CG (dunno why).

I'm getting abit wary of Mitsuhide now aswell, Hideyoshi is my fav character (eren jaegar voice ftw), as well as da vinci
Feb 9, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2011
Frick. I cried. Argh I like these characters too much. I kept screaming at Mitsu not to shoot but alas. And Nobukatu's last words. They hit me way too hard. Not to mention Mitsu was crying too arrrhghghhggh.

I need to get myself together this episode was too painful for me.
Feb 9, 2014 4:47 PM
Mar 2012
Holy shit, Himiko and Nobukatsu.... such a tearjerker
Feb 9, 2014 5:00 PM
Nov 2013
Did not see that coming at all. Poor Himiko :( she was my favorite..
Feb 9, 2014 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Himiko's annoying but...NOOO HIMIKO DON"T DIE! T_________T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 9, 2014 5:39 PM
Jul 2013
Dat end.
Feb 9, 2014 6:03 PM

May 2010
Plot Twist after plot twist, damn this is getting good.
Feb 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Oct 2012
Shit got serious kinda fast.
Feb 9, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
Oh wow, did not expect that ending. Very powerful and great build up to the climax. I was pretty surprised when his Himiko jumped in to save him. That comparison to the Strength card was awesome.

First half was kinda WTF and funny as usual. LOL This guy jumps, throws the ashes and then the anime sakura blossoms fall down gracefully.
Feb 9, 2014 6:43 PM
Feb 2010
I will be suprised if Himeko is really dead, considering her prominance in the OP.

Jeanne had some good stuff here as "the observer" so to speak. After seeing Nobunaga show of "disrespect" at his father's funreal, and then seeing how much he was actually hurting at the end.

I loved the whole Cherry Blossom storm, and Ichihime's story about her dad and the cherryblossoms.

Nobukatsu was pretty brave for someone everybody called a "weakling". Nobukatsu knew exactly what was coming after his conversation with Mitsu, and he faced it head on.

Next week will be interesting because Nobunaga's life just became REALLY messed up.
Feb 9, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
The ending of this episode made me genuinely sad.

Great episode!!!
Feb 9, 2014 7:11 PM

Dec 2008
HIMIKOOOOOOOO!!!!! I may not have liked you very much, but I didn't want you to die!! Damn!!!

Mitsuhide, do you even know what the fuck you're doing anymore?!

This was a sad episode, but I couldn't be depressed because my eyes were filled with so much lust, because of this http://imgur.com/PLSK3tC, this http://imgur.com/uw4TXUQ, and this http://imgur.com/2bXTs4U.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 9, 2014 8:20 PM

May 2009
TWO WEEKS WAITING FOR NEXT EPISODE (Olimpics)
Feb 9, 2014 9:02 PM

Jun 2013
Mitsuhide, I'm adding you to Arya's hit-list. Nobunaga needs to become ruthless and contact the Hattori! And you Ceasar! You'll get your brutal stabbing soon enough, et tu? Ehh???
Feb 9, 2014 9:09 PM

Apr 2013
Am I the only one who thinks Jeanne is more annoying than Queen Himiko? .__.
Feb 9, 2014 9:20 PM

Jul 2012
uBlinked said:
Am I the only one who thinks Jeanne is more annoying than Queen Himiko? .__.

Same. At least Himiko knows why Nobu is the main character ;)
Ichihime > both though
Feb 9, 2014 9:53 PM
Aug 2012
Hannah_Ana said:
HIMIKOOOOOOOO!!!!! I may not have liked you very much, but I didn't want you to die!! Damn!!!

Mitsuhide, do you even know what the fuck you're doing anymore?!

This was a sad episode, but I couldn't be depressed because my eyes were filled with so much lust, because of this http://imgur.com/PLSK3tC, this http://imgur.com/uw4TXUQ, and this http://imgur.com/2bXTs4U.

Sent with Mal
Updater

Unfortunately Mitsuhide did that BECAUSE he knew what he was doing. Its sad but if he kept nobukatsu alive he would have made a terrible leader during the crisis their clan was in. If Nobukatsu didnt want to take it people would constantly be after nobunagas life. There wasnt much of a choice for the greater good of the clan.

And will this anime follow general history of Nobunaga? Cuz in japanese history Mitsuhide betrays Nobunaga and i dun want that to happen ;~;
Feb 9, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
WHOOOAAAAA lol. Damn. Well, I hope this is the beginning of a steep, downward spiral into insanity, and I don't mean just for the characters. This has the potential to be an extremely enjoyable train wreck.
Feb 9, 2014 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
The scenes leading to Nobukatsu's death was pretty great. I think being killed by Mitsuhide was his plan all along. I'm expecting this to be Mitsu's start of darkness. Keeping this kind of secret to himself is a pretty heavy burden.
Feb 9, 2014 11:32 PM

Sep 2013
Why did Nobunaga do that? And what was up with the Sakura(?) petals?

Why did Mitsugo kill him?... Couldn't he have just kidnapped him or something :/

Those deaths gave me goosebumps, very intense indeed.
Feb 10, 2014 12:03 AM
Jun 2013
I thought Vegeta would be my only favourite anime character, none have come close.

But this, Oda Nobunaga... I can really relate to him. Being misunderstood.

The waterfall scene & his hair, EPIC! Really loving the intense feel of the anime.
Feb 10, 2014 12:18 AM
Dec 2012
I am confused by the reactions regarding Nobukatsu because he got off very peacefully. In real life Nobukatsu wanted to be the head of the clan and had fun time rebelling and conspiring with people to try and take down Nobunaga. However he eventually ran out of pardons and Nobunaga feigned being sick and killed him with his own hands. So in short, in the show he gets shot and there aren't a couple wasted episodes on stretching out conspiracies and making the "Death Toll" reach double digits.
Feb 10, 2014 12:34 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Neiryu said:
I am confused by the reactions regarding Nobukatsu because he got off very peacefully. In real life Nobukatsu wanted to be the head of the clan and had fun time rebelling and conspiring with people to try and take down Nobunaga. However he eventually ran out of pardons and Nobunaga feigned being sick and killed him with his own hands. So in short, in the show he gets shot and there aren't a couple wasted episodes on stretching out conspiracies and making the "Death Toll" reach double digits.

This. I would have MAYBE enjoyed this more if I was ignorant of history....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 10, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2013
wakka9ca said:
Neiryu said:

This. I would have MAYBE enjoyed this more if I was ignorant of history....

My thoughts exactly, but in spite of that I am enjoying this for what it is I guess. As for the deaths (or apparent deaths) at the end, I'm not to sure how I feel about them. Himiko is probably one of the only reasons I made it past the episode she was introduced in, so I'm not to happy about that one. hopefully, like some one has already mentioned, her prominence in the OP means she's gonna be in this thing for the long run, and I also noticed that in the preview for the next episode they took great care not to reveal the fates of neither Nobukatsu or Himiko, so I can only hope for the best.
Kuro_YuukiFeb 10, 2014 1:07 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Feb 10, 2014 2:07 AM

Mar 2013
WOW Nobunaga looks so Badass WAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! XD
RIP Himiko and Nobukatsu T^T
Feb 10, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2013
Aggron said:
And what was up with the Sakura(?) petals?

I think it's obviously related to Nobuhide since they showed Ichihime talking about how her father used to tell her stories under that tree. If you notice nobuhide actualy believed that nobunaga would be a great leader to the clan and this wind with the petals bursting out when that guy tried to attack nobunaga might mean like his fathers will/soul(?) to protect nobunaga, as they appear again when Nobukatsu dies in the end.
Feb 10, 2014 3:29 AM
Jul 2013
I wonder whether the sakura petals were suppose to symbolize the members of the Oda clan, their emblem looks like a cherry blossom afterall
Feb 10, 2014 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
What an episode! Totally caught me off guard.

Everyone's sad over Nobuhide's death. The throne is supposed to be inherit by Nobunaga, but only time will prevail. Higher ups weren't in a good term with Nobu, they prefer Nobukatsu to be the successor. Jeanne was quite disappointed with Nobu, he wasn't like the one she was expecting. Jeanne went off and heard a scream of Nobu, a scream of Nobu releasing his pain deep inside his heart. Nobukatsu told Mitsuhide that he will eventually be the successor and will later give it back to Nobu. Mitsu wasn't agree with Nobukatsu' decision. According to Mitsu, once you're throned, you can't step down. Nobukatsu is a good guy, he desires happiness for his people, in another era he would be a great ruler. But, they are currently in war, only Nobu can tame this hell. In order to make Nobu as the successor of the Oda clan, Mitsu became the 'oni' and was going to assassinate Nobukatsu. In the mean time, an assassin by Nobukatsu's followers was sent to kill Nobu. Bang. Himiko went for the shot to save Nobu and Nobukatsu died due to the shot. He knew that it was Mitsu and was okay with it, he even asked Mitsu to take care of his brother.

This week's tarot card is 'Strength'. A great strength needs to be supported by strength of another kind. This was heavily portrayed of Nobunaga and Himiko in the episode.

Next week - The Hierophant , a priest who interprets mysteries. Mitsu? or is it Hideyoshi?
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 10, 2014 5:50 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, Nobu was a wreck after only his father dying, but now his brother and wife?!
Time for Nobu to go on a rampage, some serious shit is gonna go down.

Wasn't liking this the first few episodes, but it's been growing on me.
Feb 10, 2014 6:10 AM

Jan 2014
All bets on Himiko not dying, but Nobukatsu T_T
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Feb 10, 2014 9:08 AM

May 2013
Nobukatsu & Himiko :(
Feb 10, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
I would just throw history out the window while watching this. We have people spread out by hundreds in some cases thousands of years in giant mechs and space ships with Samurai Swords.

I think how someone gets kill should just be "meh".

Still

Bodies...Bodies everywhere.
Feb 10, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Don't do this to the best girl Kawamori...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.