Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 16, 2014 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
Botato said:
zannet_t said:
... Not too surprising given that the company making this seems to be relatively new...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhouse_(company)

If you're too lazy to read, Madhouse was founded on 1972. They're not new, they just seem to not care enough about this series. Which is a shame in my opinion.

This episode was slower than the first one, which made it better. Everything looks interesting so I'll keep watching. 4/5

Yep. I was too lazy to read. I only saw that Madhouse made about 2 pages worth of series according to MAL, which is about the same number as A-1 (founded less than 10 years ago). Basically assumed it was a new company, and the quality of the series made it look like it was from a new company too. Still, my general criticisms of this series stands. Hope it gets better, or it's gonna become the first series of the season I'm dropping.
Jan 16, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2012
It will take decades for me to get used to this art style. It's really a pain to look at.
Well, this episode explained the whole world we're watching and I must say that it is quite unique.. of course, except for the fact that there's a magic school etc.

Next episode might confirm who is the real heroine of this series... that pinky swear XD
SoraLover1994 said:
XD I bet ANY kind of money that Takeshi's mom was the previous sword owner.
The moment it was mentioned that the previous owner was a girl, I thought of this. Perhaps he is a pureblood too. Gotta wait for the confirmation that his father is a magician too then.
Jan 16, 2014 11:16 PM

Sep 2013
so a ton of stuff happened and somehow i actually find this show interesting
takeshi must really hate his house tho to just up and leave like that, wow :L

and no one even cared .__. like his mom just sort of accepted it. strange :/

also i have this random theory that his whole family are a bunch of magicians lol
prev owner was female so who knows! could've been his mom or something xD
Jan 16, 2014 11:21 PM

Mar 2013
Twilight.. nice sword ^^
dat Hell class LOL and Sleeping Prince?who?
Jan 16, 2014 11:55 PM

Jul 2013
Of course the principal is a loli... the main heroine is also a loli.. everyone is a loli!!

pureblood??? man this really remind me of Harry Potter...

that Twilight is one badass sword..if Takeshi's compatible with that then maybe the previous owner was his mom or something?? Well its always like that. But I'm open for possibilities...
Jan 17, 2014 12:27 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Jan 17, 2014 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
I sort of spaced out for the first 70 percent of the episode. Didn't feel like anything happened.
Jan 17, 2014 3:47 AM

Sep 2011
xchee said:
Why do I feel like I'm not going to like that Gekkou dude?

So the Ghost Trailers want wizard supremacy over those filthy mudbloods humans. Hmm sounds familiar haha...

TravSavage said:
AsherFischell said:
plot178 said:
not sure how many ppl may have thought of this Connection too but.... anyone Else get the Feeling that the Gun Sword "Twilight" Belonged to Takeshi's mom?

Yeah, it's totally his mom. A story this inspiration-bankrupt would definitely lean on a tired twist like that.

I would bet money on that being the outcome.

Lmao same. Inspiration bankrupt indeed. Also, I wouldn't have been surprised if his sword's name was Derf, could talk and called him aibo. Then maybe his family turns out to be magic purebloods, Takeshi awakens his power and becomes OP as hell.

So he can use other people's power as well? Why am I getting Guilty Crown vibes here? I disliked the series immensely, please don't go there >__<

After watching the second episode there is no doubt that everything you said will probably happen. Thanks for ruining the story for me, how am I suppose to act surprised now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2014 4:49 AM

Jan 2008
Stephenie Meyer would be thrilled.
Jan 17, 2014 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
PrimeX said:
Of course the principal is a loli... the main heroine is also a loli.. everyone is a loli!!

pureblood??? man this really remind me of Harry Potter...

that Twilight is one badass sword..if Takeshi's compatible with that then maybe the previous owner was his mom or something?? Well its always like that. But I'm open for possibilities...
Aww c'mon I wanted to say that ;-;. I thought the same that the previous owner might have been his mother :).
Jan 17, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2013
ColdXClue said:
xchee said:
Why do I feel like I'm not going to like that Gekkou dude?

So the Ghost Trailers want wizard supremacy over those filthy mudbloods humans. Hmm sounds familiar haha...

TravSavage said:
AsherFischell said:
plot178 said:
not sure how many ppl may have thought of this Connection too but.... anyone Else get the Feeling that the Gun Sword "Twilight" Belonged to Takeshi's mom?

Yeah, it's totally his mom. A story this inspiration-bankrupt would definitely lean on a tired twist like that.

I would bet money on that being the outcome.

Lmao same. Inspiration bankrupt indeed. Also, I wouldn't have been surprised if his sword's name was Derf, could talk and called him aibo. Then maybe his family turns out to be magic purebloods, Takeshi awakens his power and becomes OP as hell.

So he can use other people's power as well? Why am I getting Guilty Crown vibes here? I disliked the series immensely, please don't go there >__<

After watching the second episode there is no doubt that everything you said will probably happen. Thanks for ruining the story for me, how am I suppose to act surprised now?
Lol so it seems many people thought the same. Hmm @xchee I though the same too. Why did you ruin it for others, I didn't do that even if I am 99% sure that that is what will happen xD.
Jan 17, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2009
-so much cliché from just listening to that war story

-CHARACTERS = BORING

-The pace of the story is so slow that I couldn't buy anything told in this episode. I FELL ASLEEP 4 TIMES IN THIS EPISODE.

DROPPED.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 17, 2014 6:11 AM

Dec 2011
It's seems to be a good cliche anime overall. But that animation, oh well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2014 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
Big quote train:

I'm sorry T___________T

Let's just hope it doesn't turn out that way.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 17, 2014 6:49 AM
Aug 2012
jose21 said:
No more unbreakable bamboo sword, what's up with that. That's cheating.

Thats what I first thought too XD
Jan 17, 2014 6:53 AM
Aug 2012
plot178 said:

Well that was the first thing that came in mind when "pops" mentioned "She".
I hope it will be revealed later on.
Jan 17, 2014 7:03 AM
Mar 2010
Yes, into the drop bucket you go.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 17, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2011
One of the worst adaptation so far.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Jan 17, 2014 8:21 AM
Feb 2009
going pretty slow imo
Jan 17, 2014 8:36 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I'm gonna predict the future and say that Takeshi's parents were mages, and his mother was the one who owned the sword.

And brother will be evil... the op makes it seem that way.
ZelotJan 17, 2014 8:39 AM
Jan 17, 2014 9:38 AM

Apr 2011
This could be just me, but this show so far isn't really it for me. I just feel that the thing is rushing the backstory itself too much, as well as not developing the importants parts such as the current story and characters. Usually with these fantasy/supernatural animes you need some immersion into the terminologies and the world itself which I am not getting. Also some the animations were very iffy, and looked rather cheap in my opinion. I will give it a few more episodes, but so far I am not that impressed with the show so far. 5/10
Jan 17, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2013
Fritzion said:
One of the worst adaptation so far.

worst than blazblue :O
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 17, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2013
mui is so godamn hot
Jan 17, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2009
so for some reason there's an imba sword lying around and they just hand it out to the first random new guy arriving. Seems safe.
"There are no hopeless situations in life. There are only people who have grown hopeless about them."
Jan 17, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
Not sure why a lot of people don't like this series... probably because of the lackluster animation at parts and because it would be considered 'generic'. Personally I really like this series so far.

So we learned more about the magic world itself, Isoshima is still jealous and Takeshi got a pretty nice Aspect. The owner better not be his mom. I'd prefer if it was that blonde girl at the end, or anyone else really.

Last Requiem and the magic war 16 years ago was interesting. Romance in the next episode.
Jan 17, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
shayney said:
so a ton of stuff happened and somehow i actually find this show interesting
takeshi must really hate his house tho to just up and leave like that, wow :L

and no one even cared .__. like his mom just sort of accepted it. strange :/

also i have this random theory that his whole family are a bunch of magicians lol
prev owner was female so who knows! could've been his mom or something xD

I like it in a way. Yeah, like Bleach, papa knew Ichigo's power and such. So probably mom knew the outcome if she was the ex-owner of the aspect.

And until others point out, i didn't even notice about the noses. Well, I guess storyline got me in more than the animation.
Jan 17, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
Ok, so from all the issues I have with this show...

http://imgur.com/3ymZmSD
http://imgur.com/ysAP6wT
http://imgur.com/Ms7naCj

...this is probably the biggest one. Why can't we have some consistency in the art? And I'm not even the type of person who cares that much about the animation/art quality, but seeing the characters with no nose really bothers me.

The story is as generic as it could be, but as a "boy meets girl who changes his life" light novel fan, it doesn't bother me a bit.
Jan 17, 2014 11:00 AM

Nov 2013
Good episode. The explanation was nice and the headmistress was a kid o.O

Takeshi's abilities are looking very similar to the sharingan. First he can read his opponent´s moves and now with the sword he can use other people´s magic power. This guy is gonna be a really badass. Also, the rivalry with his brother is another Uchiha resemblance.

The only thing that bugs me is the art of the show when they are animating the noses (especially Takeshi's).

I am really looking forward to more :)
KaitonJan 17, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 17, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2009
Info dump, Info dump everywhere, how can madhouse make this kind of thing in 2014 ... ? :O
Jan 17, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2013
Overall, this is probably my favorite of the season's line-up so far. It's starting out a bit rushed, throwing all of the power-attaining and back-story all into the first couple episodes. I can't say that I've noticed the animation problems that people are complaining about, but I can agree with the sort of Harry Potter feel, and the cliche with the sword. Twilight probably belonged to his mother, Pops said "she" and if I'm not mistaken it was right after that that we got the cut scene of his mom packing his stuff and being very easy going about his sudden transfer.

Total score thus far: 7/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 17, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
So this is basically Harry Potter.

- Takashi (Harry) got introduced to the magic world where years ago a powerful magician (Voldemort) tried to destroy the world as we know it. He even got two familiar sidekicks in the ever easy-going Ida (Ron) and the strict Isoshima (Hermione).

- The evil powerful magician suddenly vanished and people think he's dead (why hello there Voldemort).

- The magicians took extreme measure to make sure that the muggles don't find out about the magic world. That wise man who cast the gift spell might as well be Dumbledore.

- Takeshi got an extremely powerful weapon from the get go just like Harry acquired the phoenix-core wand that just happened to be the twin of Voldemort's wand. Even the way they acquired it was similar, the old guy tested Takeshi just like how Olivander told Harry to use spells he hadn't even learned.

- The Ghost Trailers are basically Death Eaters with their supremacy complex and there are even communities who values pure blood magicians (Slytherin!!!!).

Can this story be less original? so many cliches, plot holes, and copycat concept that has been done a thousand times not to mention a striking similarity with the most popular magic story of our time. If it continues this way, I won't be surprised if Takeshi is actually a half-blood.. that sword belonging to his mother who married a muggle. That little brother of his would be like Aunt Petunia who despised Lily because she has the gift of magic and thus he would envy Takeshi for being a magician.

Oh and that sadistic yet powerful blond lady at the end might as well be Bellatrix Lestrange.
MoeGodJan 17, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 17, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
''I can already see the ending!''
This show is very predictable so far I literally can see how the anime will end because the anime utilizes every anime cliche known to man ^.^.

I do not like the fact that the main guy got the super OP best weapon/aspect ever for no apparent reason. Characters seem boring and archetypes everywhere. Oh and the decision for them to stay in the ''Ruined world'' or return was stupid - No one in their right mind would abandon their current lives leaving everything they knew behind to stay in a ruined world (literally) it took them like 10 seconds to decide to change their entire life's.

It was better than the first episode, I am glad they improved. I was going to drop this but I will now abide the 3 episode rule. I hope the third episode will also be an improvement.

[COUGH] Harry Potter [COUGH]
AppoXJan 17, 2014 12:25 PM
I am a human.
Jan 17, 2014 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
I'm really interested in the setting but there's just something so lazy about this anime.

I'm actually amused by how utterly convenient it is that the MC gets a special and dangerous sword forced on him. Yup, totally his mom's.
Jan 17, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2014
Loving this Anime can't wait to see more >.< and i bet the Gun/Sword was his Mother Weapon because they showed him mom and she had that style of being super awesome and strong XD
Jan 17, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2013
plot178 said:

I had the same thought. 1 it would match her character art :P; 2 the magic war ended a YEAR before he was born, and since she supported coexistence it wouldn't a stretch for her to have had or made a love interest in the 1 after the end of the war; and lastly 3 the armor was surprised that he was able to use the sword so well, a sword which must be hard as hell to use considering it was used by one of the greats, indicating the possibility that he was "born with" the potential to use it. The obvious "turn of events" would be that his mother was once a magician... it would also seem to provide a possible explanation behind his home troubles.

His girlfriend seems pretty lame, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with Mui.
turtleinshellJan 17, 2014 12:57 PM
Jan 17, 2014 1:18 PM
May 2013
I'm guessing that the sleeping prince is the guy who destroyed the world.
Jan 17, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
Shit's awful,whats with the love triangle if they are already dating?
Predictable plot.
What is this rushed piece of shit,i dont even..
Directors didnt put enough love to this,it feels lazy and rushed.
The only saving grace is that Nano performs the ed.

Oh well,i hope this picks up as it goes on.
Taimanin_IreliaJan 17, 2014 1:27 PM
Jan 17, 2014 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
AsherFischell said:
plot178 said:

Yes when they mentioned its name and gender of the one who used it .. and that t hey are in the human world .. the first thought was 'oh its his mother'

Take the hint dense MC call her Kurumi ;p

Fritzion said:
fear80 said:
silver21 said:
Hey guys, I have a question I would like to ask. While watching this episode I noticed Takeshi calls Kurumi by her last name and Kurumi points it out, I have that. What bother me is a few minutes later we see Takeshi's brother Gekkou both saying Kurumi's by her first name and also seems to be upset she is transferring with him. Which brings me to my questions is Gekkou jealous of Takeshi being with Kurumi and does Gekkou have feelings for Kurumi himself? Or is it just me?

sirwenceJan 17, 2014 1:35 PM
Jan 17, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
nice episode!
to bad the show is only 12 episodes :(
i were expecting some mix of shakugan no shana
and Zero no Tsukaima :O
Jan 17, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2010
The noses....

Gonna watch 1 more episode to decide whether to continue or not.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jan 17, 2014 2:23 PM

Dec 2013
I guess i'm a little more intrigued, I think I'm going to make a pact for myself that I will never drop a series until I'm at least halfway through. As for what is interesting me right now is the learning that they are going to have to go through.
Jan 17, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
Twilight looks like a good Aspect
Jan 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
Predictable. And plain characters... so far...
I also don't like the fact that Takeshi got that super OP weapon lol.
The noses/art and animation kinda bother me too. BUUUUUUUT I'm going to keep watching.
Jan 17, 2014 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
The MC doesn't like his family that much?
Why is a sword with that much background in a shop?
Why am I liking the brother more than the MC?

The ending should b the opening. Its so much more entertaining. Its keeping me following.
^ Very good strat. Well played Madhouse >.>
DGemuJan 17, 2014 5:32 PM
Jan 17, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2011
DGemu said:
The MC doesn't like his family that much?
Why is a sword with that much background in a shop?
Why am I liking the brother more than the MC?

The ending should b the opening. Its so much more entertaining. Its keeping me following.
^ Very good strat. Well played Madhouse >.>

If i had to guess probably because the brothers voice has Accelerators voice actor and he is using a voice close to it. I picked up on it as soon as i spoke and it kind of made me like him lol.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 17, 2014 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
turtleinshell said:
plot178 said:

I had the same thought. 1 it would match her character art :P; 2 the magic war ended a YEAR before he was born, and since she supported coexistence it wouldn't a stretch for her to have had or made a love interest in the 1 after the end of the war; and lastly 3 the armor was surprised that he was able to use the sword so well, a sword which must be hard as hell to use considering it was used by one of the greats, indicating the possibility that he was "born with" the potential to use it. The obvious "turn of events" would be that his mother was once a magician... it would also seem to provide a possible explanation behind his home troubles.

You know what would make it more predictable? The leader of the Ghost Trailers is actually his dad.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 17, 2014 8:04 PM
Jan 2014
Twilight was too convenient of a weapon for Takeshi and why the heck was a weapon with so much background and authority in a shop meant for students?

I can somewhat understand why Takeshi would want to transfer given his given family relations but I thought Kurumi's and Kazumi's decisions were far too hasty. Kazumi takes a look at a picture of what looks to be his younger sister and just brushes it off. Kurumi decides to transfer just because, well, it suggested that she transferred because Takeshi transferred. Felt really forced and irresponsible.
Jan 17, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Jan 17, 2014 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
Looks fun
Jan 17, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2011
I honestly have no idea what people are bitching about with the art style ... it looks like pretty standard animation to me. Crisp and clean as it always is these days with the computer correction, modern 'moe' art style, with some cool magic effects. *shrugs* People on MAL will bitch about anything, I've learned, and if they can't find anything to bitch about they'll make something up.

Kinda a big info-dump episode, with the splitting of the worlds, the 15 Great Wizards and the Aspects. I wonder what the girlfriend is able to do other than tripling the size of her breasts? I guess she might be like Caitlyn Fairchild from Gen-13, except switching back and forth between a tall, big-breasted, Amazonian form and her regular mode.

Interesting that the main character is going to be using a gunblade. Looking forward to how that works out for him. And apparently it can be used to turn an opponent's magic against themselves. Can't wait to see that in action.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.