Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mui's got good manners :p

Ah magic wars..communities and ghost trainer. A lot of mechanics explained relating to the world they are in and power struggles. This is kinda new to me since I haven't read the LN yet so looking to see how they develop.

Better start learning more magic kids.
Jan 16, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
That girl is a principle?? History of Magic War, and the world that got destroyed by Last Requiem. They decided to stay to learn to be magician.

Wait, is Mamo's character's brother voiced by Nobu??

Sword with incredible power...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 16, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
Well not bad. Still find the art and animation being weirdly blotchy at some times.

Some setting back story. There was a magic war just 16 years ago?? That's not far at all.

Interesting to see that Takeshi will be getting a sword that was once was one of the 15 magicians. So it's a pretty OP sword or gun sword then. If he was able to face off that guy with a kendo sword then he'll be able to kick ass when he masters this one.

Nxt ep seems to have romance.
Jan 16, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2013
finding it hard to get used to their lack of noses at some points haha, but generally i think i like the style. i hope this takes a madoka type turn because it seemed a bit cutesy this ep, if they spend too long in that academy setting, it could get boring.
also, bit predictable that the main character gets this OP sword but his friends get like a make up thing and a ring :L
Jan 16, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
Ok episode, really enjoyed the first ep a bit more. Very interesting though. Liking the story. Will continue it.
Jan 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
Basically an introduction to this past Great Magic War; where it involves the Wise Man, Gifts, Last Requiem etc. As a result, they decided to stay in the academy to learn more and their magic. So, Aspects are weapon tools to attack stuff huh, looks pretty interesting. Also a little character background on Mui about her family's 'Magic Purebloods."

The Twilight sword was pretty amusing, giving in to the previous owner who called it. Next episode looked interesting, expecting some romance in it.

omega_d94Jan 16, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 16, 2014 1:46 PM
Aug 2011
This series is so ugly and dull looking!
If you need a sleeping remedy then just keep watching this series on mute.

Thankfully someone else here mentioned their lack of noses. It was driving me crazy and pissing me off, especially on the main guy.
I just want to punch his non-existent nose.

Good riddance Mahou Sensou. I will not miss you.
Jan 16, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2007
....well, at least Miu is cute
Jan 16, 2014 1:51 PM
Mar 2013
not sure how many ppl may have thought of this Connection too but.... anyone Else get the Feeling that the Gun Sword "Twilight" Belonged to Takeshi's mom?
Jan 16, 2014 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
On hold indefinitely, thank god this shit isnt 2 cour. Im out.
Jan 16, 2014 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
No more unbreakable bamboo sword, what's up with that. That's cheating.
Jan 16, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
Didn't liked ep 1 and now I watched ep 2 and I rlly liked it... talking abut a change of phase.
Jan 16, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
It was decent all around. Still not sold on it though. Episode 3 should decide it.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 16, 2014 3:00 PM
Nov 2011
I always like anime with a magic background and all that, but I can't let escape the art >< It drives me mad seeing the MC without nose.

Interesting, a magic sword that can change form with bullets...I have seen that
Jan 16, 2014 3:13 PM
Dec 2012
I think that the guy covered by shadows and surrounded by fire with deep voice may be an antagonist...
Also I like the idea of the real world being a second world, it reminds me of Mars of Destruction
Jan 16, 2014 3:13 PM
Nov 2012
Let's see... three friends, two guys and a girl begin attending a magic school together, there was a great wizard war approximately 15 years ago, the evil perpetrator of that war is at large, the magic community is split between 'pure bloods' and 'non-pure bloods', and there are two major factions among the wizards, one that wants to live with humans and one that wants to rule over them. Is it just me or does this show have a LOT in common with Harry Potter?
Jan 16, 2014 3:14 PM

May 2013
Meh. I like the magic aspect but it all seems too cliche with sub par execution. Next episode seems like typical high school anime with magic. It does remind me a lot of Harry Potter.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 16, 2014 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
Well I guess it's not total separation at least.

Much better then the first episode.
Jan 16, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2013
This episode was good. Takeshi git a really nice aspect, and it belonged to one of the great magicians.
Jan 16, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
Well, that was much better than the trainwreck first episode. At least now we kind of understand what's going on and the setup is pretty much complete. But I must say, the artwork of this series is one of the most inconsistent I've seen. Not too surprising given that the company making this seems to be relatively new, but it's gotta stop dropping quality so noticeably so often. And I was hoping that Takeshi and Mui would develop a more natural relationship but that looks unlikely either. Mui already looks like she's all over Takeshi.
Jan 16, 2014 4:13 PM

Dec 2013
I was also bothered by the lack of noses. So far this show feels really generic. The characters all seem so plain and dull especially the mc. Regardless, I'll probably still watch this till the end.
Jan 16, 2014 4:17 PM

Jan 2008
Lack of breast manipulation magic this episode. Disappointed I am.
Jan 16, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2012
One question, so the world was divided in two and the Magic one was destroyed. If it was destroyed why are there people(Magicians) alive? I know this might be a stupid question but I didn't really get it...
Jan 16, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2013
Astonishing "aspect" which got Nanase.

I can not help but put this picture, just leave out:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2642j4m.jpg
Jan 16, 2014 5:32 PM
Jul 2013
Another great episode! Man is there more anime like this, it is so awesome!
Jan 16, 2014 5:35 PM
Jan 2014
Hey guys, I have a question I would like to ask. While watching this episode I noticed Takeshi calls Kurumi by her last name and Kurumi points it out, I have that. What bother me is a few minutes later we see Takeshi's brother Gekkou both saying Kurumi's by her first name and also seems to be upset she is transferring with him. Which brings me to my questions is Gekkou jealous of Takeshi being with Kurumi and does Gekkou have feelings for Kurumi himself? Or is it just me?
Jan 16, 2014 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
who the fuck gave a gun to a six grader??

my thoughts on this show are still unchanged..,and the MC losing his nose at time really bothers me lol.
Jan 16, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2010
better than first ep. but still not a good show in my opinion.
Jan 16, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
I don't know, ep was kinda boring imo
Jan 16, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2013
I have suspicions that Takeshi's mom is the previous owner of the sword "Twilight", but I also have suspicions that blonde lady at the end who killed the Magic _____ . Sorry, forgot the name of that community ._.

I pretty much like Mahou Sensou (●°u°●) Especially they seiyuu's (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Jan 16, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2012
Meh.

He got his sword,which probably belong to the person who caused the war.And the whole two world and magic war were explained.

Pretty boring too.
Jan 16, 2014 6:33 PM

Nov 2013
zannet_t said:
Well, that was much better than the trainwreck first episode. At least now we kind of understand what's going on and the setup is pretty much complete. But I must say, the artwork of this series is one of the most inconsistent I've seen. Not too surprising given that the company making this seems to be relatively new, but it's gotta stop dropping quality so noticeably so often. And I was hoping that Takeshi and Mui would develop a more natural relationship but that looks unlikely either. Mui already looks like she's all over Takeshi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madhouse_(company)

If you're too lazy to read, Madhouse was founded on 1972. They're not new, they just seem to not care enough about this series. Which is a shame in my opinion.

This episode was slower than the first one, which made it better. Everything looks interesting so I'll keep watching. 4/5
Jan 16, 2014 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
Wait, a magic weapon that uses cartridges?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_%28series%29

Il give this a few episodes, I suppose. But its not looking great so far :/

katsu044 said:
who the fuck gave a gun to a six grader??

my thoughts on this show are still unchanged..,and the MC losing his nose at time really bothers me lol.

Yeah, that really bothers me as well.
Jan 16, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2013
plot178 said:
not sure how many ppl may have thought of this Connection too but.... anyone Else get the Feeling that the Gun Sword "Twilight" Belonged to Takeshi's mom?

Yeah, it's totally his mom. A story this inspiration-bankrupt would definitely lean on a tired twist like that.
Jan 16, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
Liked this episode a little more
So, Takeshi gets a sword used by one of the 15 magicians..
"Twilight"
Gonna be OP once he masters it.
Romance in next ep..
Jan 16, 2014 7:14 PM

Apr 2013
Oh, and Asami Seto is playing the exact same character here as the one she plays on Strike the Blood. They have the same hair, the same mannerisms, the same attitude and the same obvious crush on the main character.
Jan 16, 2014 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Least we got more backstory and world building. Despite it being quite generic I am not really getting bored with the show. Perhaps the reward of listening to nano at the end is a reason.
Jan 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome. Twilight!!! Hmm I wonder when his brother will come to this world?
Jan 16, 2014 7:34 PM

May 2011
Ehh.... It seems like Mahou Sensou is trying to do a lot of ambitious things, and I'm not liking it. That, and the art and animation is simply hideous to look at. I'll snoop around the forums for next episode to see if the story figures out what it's doing, but until then, I'm dropping.

Although I wish I could totally keep watching for Touyama Nao.
Jan 16, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
silver21 said:
Hey guys, I have a question I would like to ask. While watching this episode I noticed Takeshi calls Kurumi by her last name and Kurumi points it out, I have that. What bother me is a few minutes later we see Takeshi's brother Gekkou both saying Kurumi's by her first name and also seems to be upset she is transferring with him. Which brings me to my questions is Gekkou jealous of Takeshi being with Kurumi and does Gekkou have feelings for Kurumi himself? Or is it just me?

'We can't see our nose if we look straight and we can't see the MC's nose if we look at him straight too.'
That seems to be logic behind the loosing nose in this anime.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jan 16, 2014 8:09 PM

Apr 2013
its so cheesy and predictable.. makes me cringe from time to time.. and yeah the animation/art isn't really good so far.. I'll keep watching because it's entertaining but it will probably never reach more than a 6/10
Jan 16, 2014 8:09 PM

Dec 2011
fear80 said:
silver21 said:

"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Jan 16, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like I am playing (watching) a RPG hahaha
Cute is justice.
Jan 16, 2014 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
AsherFischell said:
plot178 said:

Yeah, it's totally his mom. A story this inspiration-bankrupt would definitely lean on a tired twist like that.

I would bet money on that being the outcome.
Jan 16, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2013
Why do I feel like I'm not going to like that Gekkou dude?

So the Ghost Trailers want wizard supremacy over those filthy mudbloods humans. Hmm sounds familiar haha...

TravSavage said:
AsherFischell said:
plot178 said:

Lmao same. Inspiration bankrupt indeed. Also, I wouldn't have been surprised if his sword's name was Derf, could talk and called him aibo. Then maybe his family turns out to be magic purebloods, Takeshi awakens his power and becomes OP as hell.

So he can use other people's power as well? Why am I getting Guilty Crown vibes here? I disliked the series immensely, please don't go there >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 16, 2014 9:05 PM

Apr 2011
TravSavage said:
AsherFischell said:
plot178 said:

but if his mom is a mage... doesn't that make him one too ?

if he was one all along, then the girl who shoot him should have died because she attacked a mage ?
Jan 16, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
Well the effective spiel to it is because his mom became normal so now he's normal too. The war happened a year before they were born anyway so yeah.

Let's just hope it's not like that though. The author thought of something interesting...probably.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 16, 2014 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

The sword was named "Twilight", that didn't sound too bad. I wonder who the previous owner of it.

I'm looking forward to see what kind of power that "Twilight" sword can do, since it belonged to one of the 15 magicians of the Magic War.
Jan 16, 2014 10:06 PM

Jun 2011
XD I bet ANY kind of money that Takeshi's mom was the previous sword owner.
0_0 It's giving me a Harry Potter feel... But I wanna see more of the magic anyways.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.