Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A girl falling out from a door in the morning? Now there's something you don't see everyday. I haven't read the LN yet but it's what I expected. Dem tears..It's Shana with a gun!. That magic gun kinda scares me though when it went off like that.

That's some nice kendo skills though.
Pretty intense start, I like where this is going if they're going to explain everything thoroughly later on. There's a lot of questions that needs answers.

Lol, dat enhanced boobs.

Stark700Jan 9, 2014 2:19 PM
Jan 9, 2014 9:41 AM

Nov 2007
OP and ED were pretty cool.

So, meeting magic girl, becoming magician, getting chased, getting friends to become magicians, too, then defeating one. To the magic world.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 9, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
So many things just happened in this one episode lol

It was pretty interesting though. Enjoyed all the action that was going on. That bamboo sword to the neck looked painful.

Pretty good first episode. Looking forward to seeing all the different types of mahou used in this series.

Nice ED. Always love nano's songs.
Jan 9, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2009
not sure what I expected or what comes next but I like it soo far 7/10
Jan 9, 2014 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
That was a pretty crazy ride. To be honest I expected more. The setting seems pretty interesting but the execution didn't feel as good as it should be. Even though I have no idea about the original material...It felt rushed as hell.

The animation here is a total mystery. Some times (esp in the fights) it looks good but others it looks sooo bad XD Like when they're running lol.

That's one convenient way to become a magician XD Just being exposed to it and ur a magician that easily hehe.

I didn't get the glasses guy dying thing. If attacking magicians gets u killed then how come Takao (FukuJun guy) was attacking with no hesitation?

I enjoyed his fight with Takeshi. Takeshi seems like ur average MC but at least he's got some skills with the sword so that's nice.

I'm liking Ida the most. He was attacked all of a sudden and still seems like he owned that girl without magic XD Well seems he's not a Gilgamesh look alike for nothing then XD

Kurumi and Mui seem average for now. Nothing special about them. Hope they get more development. Sometimes they look cute but sometimes with this incostintent art they look really messy looking lol XD

OP & ED are okay.
Jan 9, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2013
This is good so far. I like that swordfighting as well. Lol Isoshima's magic being used on her boobs.
Jan 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
I had hoped Mui would be about as badass as the poster depicted. Average episode, but I like where they're going with it.
Jan 9, 2014 1:44 PM
Mar 2013
Barion-Zara said:

I didn't get the glasses guy dying thing. If attacking magicians gets u killed then how come Takao (FukuJun guy) was attacking with no hesitation?

It wasnt that a magician attacking magicians gets u killed it was attacking other magicians with magic makes you lose your powers. They were only using swords to fight, though the MC used magic, his magic wasnt a attack.

Well pretty interesting start, had some 11eyes vibes imo, though hopefully none of the characters turn in to Yuka.....
DarkieeJan 9, 2014 2:17 PM
Talk to me! I don't bite!
Jan 9, 2014 1:50 PM
Mar 2013
i thought they said "Attacking another magician with magic in the real world makes you lose all of your Magical power" not that it Kills you O_O or did i Read that wrong, That aside wow that ED was amazing. Can't wait to see how their new Magical Powers "Develop"
Jan 9, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
did that takao guy used any magic at all besides swinging that sword around?? and so everyone is becoming magicians now huh....guessss im gonna become one to!!
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 9, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
So many good shows coming out. I really liked this one. In it's own way it was different. I like that. Characters are interesting also.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 9, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2013
nice they are got their powers on the first episode
Jan 9, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
When I first research for the upcoming new anime this season I already put it in my plan to watch list but for some reason I removed it in my list(forgot why I did that) then saw it in www.gogoanime.com good thing I tried to watch the 1st episode I won't be here if I didn't this anime will be sticking in my watching list :D
Jan 9, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2012
Really enjoyed the first ep, madhouse quality :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2012
plot178 said:
i thought they said "Attacking another magician with magic in the real world makes you lose all of your Magical power" not that it Kills you O_O
Nah, I read the same thing too. It did seem quite extreme but I don't think he is dead. He seemed unconscious at the end of that sequence, like Hotaru who attacked Ida and passed out.

Well this episode went by fast. So much happened. Was quite entertaining actually. I hope it gets better, I like it so far.
Jan 9, 2014 2:10 PM
Feb 2013
Magic attack was really confusing.
Jan 9, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Not bad as I had though it would be.
Looks interesting so far, but the rules got me confused.
Jan 9, 2014 2:16 PM
May 2012
this is so generic/average/ mediocre it is not funny anymore,... plot and premise wise, justed checked it out cuz of madhouse and dat cast,...
Jan 9, 2014 2:19 PM
Jun 2013
Transformation magic, huh. Ofc it would be the oppai's.
Jan 9, 2014 2:25 PM
Dec 2012
The guy almost gets shooted and he didn't even react. The bamboo sword not being cut by the giant FF sword. The guy not giving a fuck about magic. Magicians running through the school with giant weapons. Blonde chick comes out, she doesn't give a fuck about the bro with the FF sword. life threatening situation, blonde chick gets jealous cause the dude called the other chick by her name. New bamboo sword, New anime: Unbreakable bamboo sword. Blonde chick becomes a magician. Blonde dude becomes a magician. Everybody in the school becomes a magician, ok no. Epic long activation sequence for a shitty light flash. LET'S DROP OUR HAPPY LIFES AND FOLLOW A UNKNOWN CHICK TO THE MAGIC WORLD SO WE CAN LIVE A FANTASY LIFE :D

omfg dat logic holes
Jan 9, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2008
I usually don't pay attention to the art, but in this anime it was hard not to.
The character design, the animation, everything looked sloppy and unfinished.

But putting that aside, i still think this was an interesting first episode. Generic as hell, but still interesting.
Jan 9, 2014 2:38 PM
Feb 2008
I was pretty skeptical in the beginning but it turned out to be decent at least.
Jan 9, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
That was certainly interesting. I don't like how the characters look though...
Everything else is fine for now. Will keep watching for sure.
Jan 9, 2014 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
It was a good first episode. Though I thought it could've been executed better.

Its pretty generic sure, as are a lot of Light Novels these days, but I still find them fun and enjoyable.

Takeshi really wasn't surprised or freaked out at all by the magic like Isoshima and Ida were. And wtf was in his bamboo sword that it could withstand attacks from that huge sword that guy had?

So as long as someone isn't a full grown adult yet, they can become magicians by simply coming in contact with it? That's convenient.

Looks like we have the four main characters. I'm sure Mui and Iroshima will have several conflicts over Takeshi, though Takeshi is apparently already dating Iroshima. But Mui was his first kiss.

I hope we learn more about Takeshi's past and I hope they provide more magic types. This series can turn out good or bad from what I've seen so far. Let's see if it'll be 1-cour or 2-cour.
Jan 9, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
That was enjoyable.
But man its just like Tokyo Ravens, and Strike the Blood.
All these light novel adaptations
Jan 9, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
Damn a promising start of the series. Magicians vs Trailers huh, the action sequences were amusing, giving credit to Madhouse. Also two dimension worlds between the real world and the magician world that is in apocalyptic state, looks interesting.

I wonder how the story goes, since everything happen in one episode. A girl who tried to redeem her brother but refuses. A main male character who has a girlfriend (though I would expect the drama in later episode), and all of the main cast are now magicians... I'll see how the show goes up until the end.

Jan 9, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2011
Looks promising enough, has the potential to go somewhere. Hope the art quality gets better though-
Jan 9, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2010
eh i guess its watchable.the art style is nothing to get excited about and some of the characters are sooo replaceable. animation quality is good enough so it doesnt stand out.
to early to say anything about story or plot.

i will watch next 3-4 episodes and see how it goes.
Jan 9, 2014 3:13 PM
Apr 2012
all da differences between the manga and the anime but never the less its still good but woulda liked it if it was longer sicne i hate waiting 1 week
Jan 9, 2014 3:18 PM
Jul 2013
Classical logic: if a magician touches a person becomes a magician and a magician touches another magician, is not a magician. OH.

Ouch, that must hurt:
http://i44.tinypic.com/4ggi7r.jpg
Jan 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
bamboo beats steel sword gg
Jan 9, 2014 3:40 PM
Oct 2013
Raphow said:
this is so generic/average/ mediocre it is not funny anymore,... plot and premise wise, justed checked it out cuz of madhouse and dat cast,...

i think the same, its just so generic and cliche. the premise looked promissing but is just so bad executed.
Jan 9, 2014 3:49 PM

Feb 2011
Was good , especially enjoyed the ending.

This gonna be one of the series i look forward the most in a week.
Jan 9, 2014 3:50 PM

Mar 2013
>girl gets saved
>girl beats up saviour
>dude fights a big huge metal swordsman with a wooden stick (wut)
>inexplicably becomes a magician from a gunshot (lolwut)
>generic
>add some more melodrama

maaaan.....chu2 seems awesome now.
AryaragiJan 9, 2014 3:56 PM
[25/04/14 4:04:39 PM] Skitzo: doujins have deep psychological undertones about the sexual intrigue of human behavior
Jan 9, 2014 3:58 PM

Oct 2013
When I first watched it, I thought it was pretty meh, but then came the action scenes and things got pretty intense quickly. Some of the animation were kinda sloppy though like the way they talk doesn't seem to match what they're saying sometimes but the battle scenes made up for it I guess.

Overall, pretty interesting. Will look forward to the next episode.
Jan 9, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2012
Well, it was good for a first episode. It seems generic and cliche, but I hope they change things in the futures episodes
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 9, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
So everyone becomes a magician that day by getting hit with magic or basically the "gift" is transferred???

I like Strike the Blood so I like this anime since they are sooo similar. I am not too excited about this one, it kinda let me down.

Could someone explain to me who the zombie like guy was at the beginning and wtf had jsut happened with his mom?
Jan 9, 2014 4:21 PM

Nov 2012
Just... AWESOME! The only thing I didn't liked is that it felt a bit rushed, then again, two whole episodes for the intro would've been boring too so if they don't rush it too much on the next episodes we'll be fine.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Jan 9, 2014 4:25 PM
Sep 2011
The ED is absolutely stylish though my heart's bleeding when I see Madhouse wasting its talent by adapting generic trope-laden Light Novels like this and this is only the beginning of many more to come. I saw some good efforts to make what's happening more authentic and at least it's better than what the adaptions for the likes of Strike the Blood or Toyko Ravens (similarly awful LN titles) churned out but a show with that source material is beyond saving.
EudaimoniaJan 9, 2014 4:30 PM
Jan 9, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2013
Hm, the magic system seems kind of shallow right now, but I hope it will be explained sufficiently and detailed enough.

I assume that the term "Gift" doesn't relate to the English word 'gift' in the meaning of 'present' (wouldn't be much of a present to lose all of your magic power), but instead to the German word 'Gift' meaning 'poison' in English... would be much more logical.
Jan 9, 2014 5:07 PM

Jan 2012
What a badass. The guy's not afraid of the girl with a gun like that that tried to shoot him and he fought a big dude holding a blade like that with his bamboo sword. -__- lmao that one chick's boobs got bigger. wtf
TragicGenociderJan 9, 2014 5:24 PM
Jan 9, 2014 5:28 PM

May 2008
This does not follow the manga at all lol...I'm confused as hell.
Jan 9, 2014 5:38 PM

Jul 2011
I kinda like it, but the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about this:

Kento23 said:
New anime: Unbreakable bamboo sword.

Was uncomfortable. I could even believe, that wooden bokken wouldn't break that easy, but a fucking Bamboo sword? dafuq?
SwiftflashJan 9, 2014 5:43 PM
Jan 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
First ep and the MC and his friends are already dragged into this mess... not really what I expected.

Like the action scenes. Looking forward to more.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 9, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
I'm kinda confused. I can buy the guy not reacting to someone pulling a gun on him, some people just don't react to things like that.

Getting shot at and he still seems to do nothing but flinch, getting there, but can still buy it since we don't know anything about the guy.

But then, a shinai = equal to giant steel FF sword? Yeah... Right. Right.

Character design's seemed kinda sloppy too imo, and I usually don't give that the attention most people do.

All in all, if nothing else I'll watch this to be entertained, but my expectations are kinda low lol.
Jan 9, 2014 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Well, not a shabby first episode. I wasn't particularly wowed or anything like that, but it was interesting enough to hold my attention for the whole episode. There are many things I'm confused about, but I'll give the show some time. Look forward to next week!
Jan 9, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Oh god, it`s like To aru Index all over again with FSN character clones.

and the main heroine sounds like Chiho from Hataraku Maou-sama.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 9, 2014 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
Bamboo sword is mightier than a metal sword.
Jan 9, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2013
It would have more sensible if they explain that he was actually parrying off the side of the sword, otherwise that's one strong bamboo sword lol.

I like me magic circle themed magic, so I'll watch this for sure.
Jan 9, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
Ehhh, it was fine i guess.I mean Madhouse's animation and nano in ED are big pluses, but then again plot and characters = nothing original.I feel like i watched this 20 times already.
Also, yes because transformation means bigger boobs...facepalm.

6/10 for now.
nano <3
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

115 by PedroKarim64 »»
May 26, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

367 by Overcast93 »»
Aug 5, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Who would you prefer to see with Takeshi?

ClawViper - Feb 15, 2014

43 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 AM

Poll: » Second Season ( 1 2 3 )

DrFluffyUnicorn - Mar 27, 2014

105 by Elzohry »»
May 16, 2022 3:21 PM

» Who does takashi nanase end up with ..

llansam - Jul 2, 2020

1 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Dec 18, 2021 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.