Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA OR LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love Shiroe's way of thinking tbh. Again, I really like Toya's devotion to the clan and his loyalty. I also liked some of the spells used this episode. Mages can be one of the most dangerous classes if used correctly in a clan as support or for offensive purposes.

Seems like the other guild is playing a bit dirty pfft. I like how Akatsuki shows up and shows them who is boss though. DAT OST.
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:32 PM
Nov 30, 2013 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
Meeting with more powerful guild leaders. Wow, is buying the place a part of the huge money? So that he can control people's action and help the kids escape.

The meeting comes to an end. Wonder if he will answer that that guy (Hino-san's character) asks at the end. Curry's turn.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 30, 2013 2:36 AM

Feb 2008
This episode just show how awesome Shiroe is !! OMG he is a demon !! :)
Oh yeah I haven't forget Akatsuki. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 30, 2013 5:18 AM

Dec 2009
I loved the music in this episode. Reminded me of intense action games.

I wonder where the series will head after this meeting? I wonder if we'll get more adventuring.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 30, 2013 5:29 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Splendid! Watching the "Villain in Glasses" do his work was awesome. :) Shiroe, you are one absolutely evil genius, you!!

Even the exchange of ideas in the Round Table Conference was brilliant!

Oho, I see curry in next week's episode~
Nov 30, 2013 5:29 AM

Feb 2013
Glad he was able to 'unite' the guilds present in the meeting
got a little bit curious with that flashback with the wheelchair
Nov 30, 2013 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing episode! The music was epic , nothing less expected from Takanashi Yasuharu . I just hope that they'll make some episodes with more romance :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 5:41 AM

Sep 2011
Seriously, stop ending on cliffhangers. Good episode nonetheless.
Nov 30, 2013 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
Even though I knew what the money was for, when Shiroe announced he owns the Guild building, it sent shivers down my spine and I had this stupid grin plastered on my face. The look on the face of that Black Sword Knights dude was priceless. I was like "Oh you got owned...like literally!" XD

Well now we know why the Hamelin newbies can't just quit their guild. You have to actually leave your hall to quit...and that's why the high level members were watching them closely. I guess the UI isn't as user-friendly like in SAO haha.

Minori is a Kannagi. LH will finally get their own support-healer. That short wheelchair scene with Tohya pulled on my heartstrings, then I remembered last episode's scene with him happily stomping on the ground.

"As his name suggests, his face looks like it's been through a shredder" LMAO Akatsuki ftw! And looks like she's in for another painful episode next week haha!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 30, 2013 5:49 AM
Feb 2009
sht that was pree cunning and clever :P
Nov 30, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
Crusty's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses

Shiroe's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/Machiavellian schemes
/glasses
Nov 30, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2011
Lol shiroe's definitely not being called the strategist for show, i did not expect him to pull off such a move lol, and the timing when he pulled it off together with the stop posture+ *epic BGM ringing* , totally made my day. A cunning villain in glasses indeed.

xchee said:

Minori is a Kannagi. LH will finally get their own support-healer. That short wheelchair scene with Tohya pulled on my heartstrings, then I remembered last episode's scene with him happily stomping on the ground.

Yeah that..Something he can't do in the real world and he managed to do it in the game..The flashback was indeed heartbreaking

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 30, 2013 6:04 AM

Oct 2011
Chills down my spine this entire episodes. When Shiroe revealed he bought the Guild House in order to set rules in this lawless MMORPGS world. So in order to join, create, leave a guild you need to go here. Also the Guild Bank is here. Without it they can't protect their loot. But OMG IRL Touya can't walk T___T That explains why he was happily stomping at the ground + running. My heart sank. Awesome how Touya handle that guy, same with Minori. Everyone is saved thanks to Log Horizon!!!! Cliffhanger AHHHHHHH!!!!

"This is our reality"
Nov 30, 2013 6:06 AM

Apr 2011
I got scared when he revealed that he bought the whole guild building, and then a intense purple aura surrounded him. Hot damn.

Calling Shiroe "Villain in glasses" is taking him too lightly.

He's a "demon in glasses."

I'm so happy that the kids are rescued.
MagitoNov 30, 2013 6:27 AM
Nov 30, 2013 6:09 AM

May 2013
Shiroe sure seems like a villain. And Akatsuki doing what she does best. Good to see that the kids are finally safe.
Nov 30, 2013 6:24 AM

Aug 2010
Another wonderful episode :D

Shiroe u magnificent cunning bastard buying the Guild building XDXDXD

Lol'd so much at their reactions saying that's blackmail and how Henrietta said Villain in glasses is a cute nickname in comparison XD

Akatsuki and Naotsugu's saves were nice too. Liked how Shiro kept smiling when he hears good news hehehe.

But yeah overall great ep and awesome conference :D

And Dem glasses lifts XD
Nov 30, 2013 6:34 AM

Apr 2010
Another one of Shiroe's superb schemes has been revealed. Log Horizon is amazing.

5/5
Nov 30, 2013 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
Again an amazing episode. :D I didn't expect Shiroe would buy the Guild Building and the bank is in there too. o.0 I also loved the music, it felt like a real battle.
Damn, that cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 30, 2013 6:38 AM

Feb 2011
Was nice and all , but I need some real action soon =/

Still enjoyable 4/5
Nov 30, 2013 6:55 AM

Jan 2013
UnbornMVs said:
Was nice and all , but I need some real action soon =/

Still enjoyable 4/5

This. I enjoyed the round table conference.

Any idea when the soundtrack of the anime will be out ? Its so awesome!
Nov 30, 2013 7:01 AM
Apr 2013
I love this conference/strategy stuff but I would says they need to do another action episode
Nov 30, 2013 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
I smell a war about to be started, anyone else?
Nov 30, 2013 7:09 AM

Jan 2013
More inconsistencies with the plot...
Nov 30, 2013 7:21 AM
Apr 2013
AqworldThunder said:

Curious to what they are?
Nov 30, 2013 7:21 AM

Mar 2011
Such a good episode with some nice soundtracks.
Nov 30, 2013 7:22 AM

May 2012
5/5

Gotta love Shiroe.

Akatsuki had me going with her remark about...Shredder lool

Nov 30, 2013 7:32 AM

May 2012
Black Sword Isaac is clearly not too happy about this.

I love that evil Shiroe. Such evil far-sighted plans for the better of the world they are in.
Nov 30, 2013 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
Wow Shiroe plan things really smoothly with Minori and Tohya have escaped from the tyranny guild along with the other kids. It was funny when it feels like he is the villian for the most part of the conference.

Nov 30, 2013 7:42 AM
May 2009
Oh Shiroe, you make the Joker look like a wuss :)
http://i.imgur.com/ZtNiXhk.png
Nov 30, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2008
awesome episode, Shiroe is such a damn brilliant badass! xD

Can't wait for the next episode to come out, seems like we'll get some more Akatsuki-Fanservice too :D
Nov 30, 2013 7:48 AM

May 2012
xchee said:

Kannagi only does damage prevention. LH won't have a support healer for a while....

Yea it was heart-rendering. Tohya can't walk in real life...
Nov 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Feb 2013
Shiroe can be really scary sometimes :P, I'm also curious as to what Log Horizon's goal is though.
Nov 30, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
Shiroe is a beast!! This anime is awesome
Nov 30, 2013 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
sentience said:
xchee said:

Kannagi only does damage prevention. LH won't have a support healer for a while....

Yea it was heart-rendering. Tohya can't walk in real life...

No Kannagi is a healer that is specialized at preventing damage before it happens, it does have heals but they're the weakest among the healing classes.

Nov 30, 2013 8:03 AM

Jan 2011
Glad to see Hamelin getting owned and banished from the guild hall.

Shiroe's plan has just begun... *smirks*
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 30, 2013 8:07 AM

Jul 2010
Finally, my weekly dose of one of my favorites anime this season.
This sure feels like MaoYuu, I sure love this author.

Btw, I thought the previous episode was the best, but now once again I'm stunned with the majesty of this show. Economy and strategy were well made.

SKuLLdRaG said:
I just hope that they'll make some episodes with more romance :)

As long they don't lose themselves with glup glup like SAO, it's ok.

AqworldThunder said:

Tell us please.
Nov 30, 2013 8:09 AM

May 2012
Newhopes said:
No Kannagi is a healer that is specialized at preventing damage before it happens, it does have heals but they're the weakest among the healing classes.

Ok, guess that they would still benefit more from damage prevention rather than healing from the Kannagi.

This series made me miss MMORPG role-playing so much I wish there would be an MMORPG spin-off from this game. The class system seems so interesting to play around with.
Nov 30, 2013 8:14 AM

Dec 2011
Very nice use for the money.

And not what I had expected either.

Interested to see where this goes next.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 30, 2013 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
It was a great episode! I like the part where Shiroe turns the blackmailing to them :D
Nov 30, 2013 8:15 AM

Aug 2010
Newhopes said:

Thinking disc Priest here :D /Wowtalk

Great episode. I'm seriesly gar for Shiroe by now. He's redefining badass every episode.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 30, 2013 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
Amarrez said:
Crusty's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses

Shiroe's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/Machiavellian schemes
/glasses

XDD LOOOL I've noticed that too
Nov 30, 2013 8:55 AM

Apr 2012
Shiroe is an absolute boss this ep.
Amazing rescue operation.
Though I have to say that if this was possible in game it would ridiculously imbalance the whole damn game.
Needs more Akatsuki though.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 30, 2013 9:02 AM

Dec 2011
All the megane lol
Next arc should focus more on action for those who want it.
Nov 30, 2013 9:26 AM
Oct 2010
AkinoBlade said:
Though I have to say that if this was possible in game it would ridiculously imbalance the whole damn game.
It was implied (or said?) that it wasn't possible before the "update".

It's bad for a game, but makes sense for a permanent virtual residence.

Of course, it can be easily abused, but at least it gives a tool to put some order in an otherwise anarchic place.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 30, 2013 9:27 AM
Jun 2013
together with Kyoukai no Kanata , megane Season :D

god, Log Horizon is sooooooooooo good. Why isn't any of the major fansub groups interested in it?(apart from oyatsu who'll come around with a batch one day in the future).
Nov 30, 2013 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I love his big scale threats. Shiroe is developing into a crafty fox indeed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2008
Oh Sweet Mary Mother of Manly Mental Masterminds!! Shiroe, you damn sexy intelligent beast!!! It is absolutely ridiculous just how much I look forward to seeing you every week.

Did I see correctly? Is Tohya in a wheelchair in the real world? Just where the hell are they?!

I just love how this show doesn't focus on trying to get out of there, but more on how to survive until they figure out a way to get out of there!

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 30, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2012
SAO done right, plain and simple...., Log Horizon definitely is one of the best shows this season.

Notice how Shiroe said he only rescused maid girl a few days ago..., no fucking retarded 1 year time skip after the first episode..., this is what I wanted, an anime that takes its time and builds.

SAO had potential to be as big as Magi or HxH, but it was wasted with piss poor directing..., hopefully LH can keep up this pace and deliver something truly great.

GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Did I see correctly? Is Tohya in a wheelchair in the real world? Just where the hell are they?!

Yea, I'm guessing Tohya is very ill or something..., I have my theories on what this scene was about..., already gonna start bracing for it
Nov 30, 2013 10:17 AM

Jul 2010
GoGo_Dominatrix said:

I guess so, don't you remember that when the two siblings noticed they were trapped into Elder Tale Tohya was happy about it? It's beacause he can walk now.
Nov 30, 2013 10:56 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was great! The Villain in Glasses is truly terrifying. Akatsuki just showing up and looking awesome~ So Tohya was in a wheelchair in RL? And he gained legs through this video game?
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.