Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 2, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2008
Mirorin said:

The fact that no one's screaming, "GAY!! DROPPED." makes me roll my eyes at the double standard...

The ones who usually say that are guys.
It's obvious that if it's the other way round, girls brush it off the shoulder like dandruff LolL

Goto despite being the sideman, seems to get the fans too.
I like him than hazama.
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Nov 2, 2013 3:56 AM
May 2012
1. Is Mari a lesbian? I didn't expect there have a girl x girl kiss scene.

2. Kicking in the balls never gets old.
Nov 2, 2013 5:00 AM

May 2012
02:28 TOHHH

02:41 samurai panchi!!!

04:10 LOOOL

08:46 Mahou Shoujo!!!

14:20 Silvertime's so shocked lol

18:00 nope, he's Silvertime

20:49 LOOOL @ dat MaShou otaku with UniKon

7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 2, 2013 8:40 AM

Nov 2010
I loved that "ey, ey" kicking in the nuts ... lol
Nov 2, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
i'm not sure how to feel about mari.
her magical girl appearance is really bothering me. it just makes me feel like she's a cosplayer who lost track of reality and i can't taker her seriously. her personality is too hyper for me and in combination with that high voice... well, it's possible she'll get annoying sooner or later. she resembles too much a loud and clichéd female anime character. i also hate the name "flamenco girl". did she really has to steal his name?

i really enjoyed the cop-superhero-duo and i'm a bit upset there's a new character butting in now. i didn't enjoy this episode as much as the previous ones which is a shame.

well, we'll see what they'll do with her character.
Nov 2, 2013 11:15 AM
Apr 2010
From this episode... i just want to know who Goto GF only....
Nov 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Oct 2007
KanameFujiwara said:
She reminds me so much of Misa from Death Note.

TQ

More like Saki Rukino from Valvrave. Same VA, both idols, tendency towards looking for trouble, kisses other girls (albeit in someone else's body) and generally just does not give a fuck when first introduced.
Nov 2, 2013 4:08 PM

Aug 2012
Goto in uniform haha

I really want Goto's girlfriend to show up too ><
Nov 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Dec 2008
Juhahamoutons said:
I found Mari really annoying :( I hated her sense of justice.

^This!
She's gonna mess everything up if she doesn't stop with the brutal bullshit. Let's see how she does in the next episode.
Nov 2, 2013 5:41 PM

Dec 2012
The flamenco girl is so unpredictable and inappropriately hilarious.

> Promise you will be good from now on?
> *Scared nod''
> I don't believe you ♪ ♫ ♫

The chick has a screw loose but she is entertaining to say the least.

Another great episode and the most exciting one so far and this might be my favorite episode yet. 5/5
tsudecimoNov 2, 2013 5:46 PM
Nov 3, 2013 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7qOwaZEqw

Had this song playing in my head during Flamenco Girl's escapades. The male bystanders' reactions were hilarious.
Nov 3, 2013 1:34 AM
Mar 2010
Yes, I agree with most people here. Flamenco Girl(Mari) was annoying. If she's going to be anything like Saki Rukino in the future, I won't like her at all. Not a good episode because of her. Well, it's good but not Samurai Flamenco good. I want more Kaname-san and less Mari!

Hope that in the future episodes there's not much of her.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 3, 2013 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
phoenixalia said:

Doubt so. I would say that she might be one of the main characters beside Goto and Masayoshi.

I wasn't fond of her, but she brought out a new side for the SF series
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2013 4:58 AM
Mar 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
phoenixalia said:

Doubt so. I would say that she might be one of the main characters beside Goto and Masayoshi.

I wasn't fond of her, but she brought out a new side for the SF series

Ugh. That will make the series less enjoyable unless she has some drastic character development.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 3, 2013 5:07 AM

Sep 2012
Mortemis said:
I really like Mari, and yet I can't stand Flamenco girl. Does that make any sense?

Yes, it makes sense to me because I know what you mean.
I can't stand watching Flamenco Girl kicking balls, but I like to repeat watching that kiss scene .

Well, glad to see that Masayoshi's not weakling anymore. I laughed when Goto-san said has he forgotten Masayoshi's name.

Mari isn't actually bad being the heroine, its just I hate it when she's kicking balls like nothing, wait that's Flamenco Girl right? whatever, she's still Mari XD

Mari's staring at Goto-san like she has a crush on him. wtf
Let's see how she does next week.
Nov 3, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
This show is getting really interesting i am glad its 22 episodes long instead of 12. They also used one of my favourite songs from my favourite band :)
Nov 3, 2013 5:51 PM
Jul 2013
Each time I am surprised more episodes and funny they are.

Mari if it is sharp, every kick she took, it hurt me. XD.
Nov 4, 2013 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
Ah, dem nut shots, reminds me of the good ol' days in my martial arts class, lol.

Mari's personality caught me by surprise. Mari! You weren't supposed to take over Samurai Flamenco's role! You should be the sidekick, no matter how cool you are!

I'm glad to see Mari wasn't Goto's girlfriend already, because that was too predictable... though I'm sure we already know the girlfriend, which means it must be another of the idols. Though I didn't really get any fem-dom feels from either of the other girls besides Masayoshi's boss lady... so we'll see.
Nov 4, 2013 4:19 PM

Nov 2007
OK Flamenco Girl just made this way better. Just what this needed.
Nov 6, 2013 3:29 AM

Jun 2013
Wat

I thought it was Hazama and Mari

wat

wat

ThAT YURI MOMENT I LIKED THAT AHUEHUEHUE
Nov 6, 2013 3:30 AM

Jun 2013
FIX YOURSELVES PEOPLE

this does not deserve a 7.45 rating. if it's still good when it ends

and it's still below 8.00.

the world is gonna burn
Nov 6, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
AmaiHachimitsu said:
FIX YOURSELVES PEOPLE

the world is gonna burn
WAIT TILL ITS DONE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

The scores dont matter until then, im so damn sick of people always making a big deal out of the score when its not even close to counting yet

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 6, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2012
JizzyHitler said:
AmaiHachimitsu said:
FIX YOURSELVES PEOPLE

the world is gonna burn

The scores dont matter until then, im so damn sick of people always making a big deal out of the score when its not even close to counting yet
Lol, I second this, in a less angry manner. :P
Nov 7, 2013 2:36 AM

Jun 2011
JizzyHitler said:
AmaiHachimitsu said:
FIX YOURSELVES PEOPLE

the world is gonna burn

Some people do fuucking score shit a 1 and still watch it until the end. -.- Problem with the early scoring is, people would not give this a try if they saw this low score. There is one guy who saw the low score and think that it's not worthy of a try. I asked him to give it 3 episodes though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 7, 2013 3:07 AM
Mar 2011
hating on her because of ball-crushing and the kiss
what does a girl have to get liked...
anyways you go girl
i find it a breath of fresh air
Nov 7, 2013 1:15 PM

Feb 2011
LMAO, nice Sengoku Basara reference, and as someone mentioned, it was like Gai and Lee as well. <3

Masayoshi needs to be careful with his phone while in costume, if he drops it and someone picks it up, he won't have to worry about them taking off his mask... And he needs to work on his poker face. XD;

I think 'Flamenco Girl' needs a new name and costume...yikes. But she's strong and I like her attitude. =P

How is Masayoshi supposed to get stronger if he's just playing bait and gopher all the time? D:

That kiss was really cute!

Mari is too much though, seriously, a shock gun?? Hurting Goto just because he opposed what they were doing and she wanted a distraction to get away?

We'll see where it goes!
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 7, 2013 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
I'm enjoying this show so much: the offbeat style, weird characters, and general wackiness make it so much fun.

Wasn't expecting Flamenco Girl to be a mahou shoujo style hero, or for her to have a crazy personality. She is brutal indeed. lol
Nov 8, 2013 2:25 PM

Feb 2010
Mari... you better work girl!

This show gets better each ep
Nov 10, 2013 7:41 PM

Oct 2011
Mari became so unlikable in this episode I was kind of disappointed. Her sense of justice seems extremely skewed, I hope she improves with the series. I was also disappointed in Masayoshi just laying down and letting her take over the spotlight after he worked so hard to improve.
Nov 11, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2009
I like her ^^, she isn't a generic anime girl, and she's interesting, she's bi too lol xP
Nov 15, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
Ahhh, the ending song already doesn't fit the series but now this girl is getting involved, too. OTL Her outfit is ridiculous(ly girly) and as said in the episode, she's too brutal and that behaviour isn't that different from modern (female) "tsundere" characters. I never got the impression she was ever thinking about justice, either. I do appreciate the scenes where she is kicking those bad guys, though. And she likes uniforms, how unexpected XD
Nov 15, 2013 9:38 PM

Apr 2012
Flamenco Girl already annoys the hell out of me...
Nov 16, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2009
mari's such a brutal hero. I don't like the way she does things now.. Samurai Flamenco too :/ He's acting like an assistant. And I hate how it. But lol, I didn't the expected the ending... I was starting to hate her but then she blushed and suddenly runaway while saying sorry for the uniform XD
Nov 16, 2013 3:51 PM

Feb 2012
Mari The Killer.
Too violent for the flow of this show.
Dec 1, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
didnt really like mari and how she took charge making masayoshi the bait...

Plus she goes too far with the electric shit, especially to goto. She doesnt really follow masayoshis ideals much. Perhaps she will be a villain in the future :D

That kiss though...
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 4, 2013 1:29 PM
Mar 2011
Worst episode so far. Hope this new girl disappears soon from the show. I hate magical girl shows.
Dec 15, 2013 5:34 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, RIP Bad guys' balls
And Yuri kiss >_<
Samurai Flamenco must reclaim his heroic-ness once again, not as Mari's sidekick

Go Goto, it's your chance for new gf.. oops xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 10, 2014 10:01 PM

Jun 2012
Flamenco Girl is super annoying. and ...she has a freaking uniform(?) fetish. wtf. she's really annoying and even though I'm not a guy, when she kicks their balls, I feel so bad for them.
Feb 6, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2012
loved the wand xD and her constantly kicking that one guy in crotch while smiling xD they both seem to have very different views on justice though!
Feb 8, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
Whoaw!!! So I was right that she'd jump on the Flamenco boat! Well, her personality as the Flamenco Girl is a bit irritating especially how she treated Masayoshi! Why is it that everyone is walking all over him??? It's pissing me off, first that weird looking guy - Red Axe and now her....Masayoshi is way too gentle, he should learn to fend for himself!!! >__<

Anyway, her reaction when she saw Goto in his uniform was sweet, though!!! :D :D He looks really handsome!! ;D
Feb 20, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 2010
SusuBitesYou said:
Flamenco Girl is super annoying. and ...she has a freaking uniform(?) fetish. wtf. she's really annoying and even though I'm not a guy, when she kicks their balls, I feel so bad for them.

Same here, right now I find her really annoying and also the uniform fetish idea is just stupid. I hope she as a character gets better.
Mar 11, 2014 2:11 AM

Jul 2009
I'm kind of mad at Mari for taking the spotlight like that! But I think that maybe SF will keep her in check? She's a little excessive.
May 2, 2014 8:02 AM

May 2012
This new girl is great and damn she sure is direct and full of energy! That finishing attack must really hurt :# and damn that yuri kiss and ending! Well things sure are getting interesting!
Nov 25, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 2014
I love how she kicks everyone in the crotch in the end. A must-do, huh?
Anyway, I don't like how brutal she is and every evil one must die? That just doesn't sound right to me, Samurai Flamenco I like you way better!
Didn't exactly understand the Yuri-Kiss and that thing with the uniform, but well, entertaining!
Mar 23, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Mari as Flamenco is cute! And she's surprisingly brutal too! She kept kicking guy's balls. What the heck! Overkill much. I don't really like how she treats Hazama. I hope she gets better as a character.

Mari's yuri kissing that member was a surprise! Didn't expect that at all. That kiss was "Longer than normal." What?! So it happens often!?

Also it looks like Mari might have a crush on Gato. I guess Mari liking Hazama isn't going to happen.

I'm really curious to see who Gato's girlfriend is.
Nano1124Mar 23, 2015 8:53 PM
Oct 12, 2015 4:21 PM

Feb 2012
lol Kaname Joji keeps forgetting Masayoshi's name,

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 1, 2016 11:25 PM

Nov 2014
This show is sooo dumb, but I'm enjoying it sooo much. It's fun.

Mari was hilarious. That magic girl outfit, the nut kicks, the kiss?!

I really like the rapport that the characters are forming.

5/5
Aug 28, 2016 2:59 AM

Jul 2008
Hazama better step up his game or he's going to be stepped on in a very soft spot!
Nov 4, 2016 7:29 PM
Feb 2015
the yuri kiss omg i melted
Mar 28, 2017 11:20 PM

Jul 2013
OMG i didn't expect mari to also be a superhero! i love flamenco girl! she's a great fresh addition to the cast and livens things up even more. so far all of these characters are super likable so i have no complaints so far. i like the way the plot is moving too.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.