Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2013 7:46 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1 o'clock as episode number is interesting. I kind of guessed that ep.1 will be include intro. chapter of the game (from gameplay on youtube), but didn't know there's also a butler! The girl's voice is cute, even though the seiyuu is new. Good start, though ED is different with introducing of the mystery early (right at ep.1).

ED: nightmare by Yuuki Hayashi
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 16, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2011
YES. YES. YES. WOW. IT WAS FAITHFUL. YUI WAS NOT A STUPID DOORMAT (It's only episode 1 (o'clock) BUT STILL). AHHHHHHH THE FUTURe HAS NICe THINGS IN STORE.

The voice acting was fucking brilliant. I was almost a hundred percent sure that Yui's seiyuu would be your typical, soft voice, not-meant-to-speak-that-much voice actor, but I was impressed. Especially amazing since this was Suegara Rie's first role. Laito is a shit as usual, no surprise there. And Shuuuu, ahhhhh Subarun aasklfjkasdf. If they're going to focus on a route it'll probably be Ayato, but hopefully they explore the background of everyone. At first, I was disappointed and pretty angry that it was only fifteen minutes per episode before I watched it, because I thought they'd try to pack everything into one episode, but man was I wrong. That didn't even feel like fifteen minutes, I didn't even realize time was passing. I'm just so happy that one of my favourite otoge has started off on a good note.

And hopefully, with this, we'll see the stupid Twilight comparisons go away.
Sep 16, 2013 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
Only 15 minutes huh?

Somewhat what I expected. Whoa, one of the dudes goes right after her just like that. That rosario like symbol reminds me of Rosario + Vampire. A lot of dudes vampires and one girl...this is going to be weird.
Sep 16, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2007
Laciie said:
If they're going to focus on a route it'll probably be Ayato, but hopefully they explore the background of everyone.

I'm thinking about that, too.

Laciie said:

Yes, this is completely different from Twilight.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 16, 2013 10:59 AM
Mar 2010
I've only watched the raw and wow....

How do you like that? For the first time in say two years I actually LIKE an otome heroine's voice. That IS a surprise. Not to mention, le gasp, SHE WASN'T A FREAKING DOORMAT! PRAISE THE LORD! HALLELUJAH!

And the characters are so hot! The art is fabulous and I think they did a good job with the character designs in the anime, wow, again, this usually doesn't happen in otome anime(*cough*Hiiro no Kakera *cough*)

But yeah, I enjoyed that way more than I should have.

(I have not listening to the Drama CDs or played the game, I've only read summaries and even there, I stopped halfway because I have a weak heart and I don't like sadistic characters. Rather, characters being sadistic towards me. So, you be asking, then why are you watching this? Because, I must watch every otome anime and the seiyuus are BAMF.)
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 16, 2013 11:36 AM
May 2012
just wow.. this turned out to be soo much better than I expected. I might even buy the DVDs if it keeps this up. Also, loved Yui's voice (finally a heroine that isn't a doormat) and the art looked alot better in motion than on still pictures!
Can't wait til next episode
Sep 16, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
it was OK I suppose... but having to re-hear Raito's voice is a torture... :/

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 16, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2011
Aozumi said:
it was OK I suppose... but having to re-hear Raito's voice is a torture... :/

I'm going to have to agree with you there, I have nothing against the seiyuu (I actually love him quite a bit) but Raito annoys me no matter what he does.
Sep 16, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2008
Well... that was... sort of different...
I didn't imagine Yui's voice like that AT ALL. And the guys still look weird animated. OTL
It was funny when there was this dramatic music in the background but she kept running in this pathetic way (although that didn't even look like running in the first place considering how slow that was). But at least she tried fighting back lol. Speaking of funny, there was also this scene after she fell down and everyone was looking readily to get her (with again dramatic music in the background) and all her hope turned into nothing XDDD Oh and the blood on her knee magically disappeared? Okay...
And it looks like they'll really follow (mostly) Ayato's route judging from the preview (takoyaki etc.)...

Laciie said:

This is not really related to Twilight, but when their eyes were glowing a bit I had to think of Vampire Knight XD Those red eyes back then... omg... x'D

phoenixalia said:
I stopped halfway because I have a weak heart and I don't like sadistic characters. Rather, characters being sadistic towards me.

Eh, what's the difference? o.o
Face_FaithSep 16, 2013 12:51 PM
Sep 16, 2013 12:51 PM

Sep 2010
Wow what gentlemen these guys are. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 16, 2013 1:13 PM

Dec 2008
The heroine wasn't actually annoying at all..!!! For the first time I appreciated the heroine and I actually loved it omg
fmdkjhgkjdshfkjh and all those voices and the drama CDs and now-
ICAN'TEVEN-- nngh////// It was lovely! I loved the first episode!!///

I should actually try playing the game, too ;////u///;
(I laughed at some parts, though--- some part of the animation was somehow weird but-- orz)
Sep 16, 2013 2:00 PM
Aug 2011
That was just as painful as I imagined it being.

15 min though so onwards I go.
Sep 16, 2013 2:11 PM

Mar 2012
Because of this anime I'm becoming a masochist O.o

omg Yui is getting tortured by
6 hot brother vampires with awesome voice actors
Sep 16, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
Only 15 minutes :<

I watched this with no prior knowledge of the game, and I actually enjoyed it, the ending song was nice
Sep 16, 2013 2:26 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
First otome adapted anime that I've watched with a heroine that isn't so soft spoken :) the cast is quite interesting, just as expected after reading their character profiles. But man that guy Raito annoys me already, calling someone "Bitch-chan" o_o and what first episode and we already find out that she's not her father's child. I like that intense music for the ED.
Sep 16, 2013 2:28 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Nothing special. Can't stand the design of the one character with the "eye through his hair." Maybe it'll turn out better than Amnesia though.
Sep 16, 2013 2:37 PM

Dec 2011
I won't call it a disappointment because I wasn't really expecting much to begin with, so yeah. I like Yui though.

And that guy who keeps calling her Bitch-chan gets on my nerves, burn him.
Sep 16, 2013 2:59 PM

Nov 2008
It's finally time to find out whether I'm into S&M or not.
Sep 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't really have this on my list for the fall, but it's added now. Ultimate bad boy fantasy for otome fans, I'm curious to see where it will go...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Eh... I think it's like any other otome game turned anime I've seen. You don't really watch these kind of shows and expect a totally mind-blowing plot and characters, but who knows maybe this one will be the exception.
Sep 16, 2013 3:07 PM

Jan 2011
they're sadistic alright... and they fucking scare me..

Sep 16, 2013 3:10 PM

Oct 2011
Very interesting. I love anything related to vampires so I will definitly watch this. And I actually like the heroine. Yui is SO CUTE. xp

They're so freakin' pushy though. I know they're vampires but man, get your shit together. As of right now, Shuu and Reiji are the only ones I can stand.
Sep 16, 2013 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
I wasn't expecting a butler in the anime adaptation since there wasn't even one to begin if ever you played the game.
Anyway, I'm quite surprised with some parts especially with Yui's Father, who isn't her real father, diary in the mansion. The sealed away room as well wasn't stated or introduced in the game either.
I can't wait for the next episode~ :D
And I have to say.. I'm really disappointed seeing its just 15 mins per episode.
hajimerikkaSep 16, 2013 3:31 PM
Sep 16, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
BITCH-CHAN.

Nothing more to say, it was great, but too short.
Sep 16, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I didn't expect this to...wow.
I like how Yui isn't portrayed as a weak submissive heroine; props for that. "Bitch-chan" is kind of annoying; And I think Shu is my favorite brother so far.

The first episode wasn't so bad, seeming as it's only 14 minutes of actual animation per episode. The plot seems pretty interesting, Looking forward to the next episode ^_^
Sep 16, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2012
Great ost! The episode was also ok but odd, I guess.

Yui is cute! it's just too good, that she isn't as stupid as Amnesia's heroine.
Sep 16, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
Wasn't sure what to expect but so far I like it! I think Yui says more in 15 minutes than Shuujinko said in a season of Amnesia and Emi says in most 24 minute episodes of Brothers Conflict so that's a good thing!
Sep 16, 2013 4:10 PM
Oct 2009
Well that was a pretty good start. Raised my expectations quite a bit with the pleasing art style and the direction it's taking.

Gxpopstar said:
I like how Yui isn't portrayed as a weak submissive heroine; props for that. "Bitch-chan" is kind of annoying;

Agreed completely. It's only been one episode, but for now, Yui is a believable and relatable main character. She's cute, interesting enough and, more than anything else... She actually reacts properly to the things happening around her.

For now I'm not very much into any of the boys (surprisingly, cause I like sadistic gothic-ish characters very much) except maybe Kanato because of those tired eyes.. it's adorable.

Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully they manage to keep things interesting.
Sep 16, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2012
I'm not very into reverse harems, but this was fun.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Sep 16, 2013 4:29 PM
Jan 2013
i guess this episode was ok, i didn't expect too much from this anime. i really like the art of this anime but what kind of annoys me about almost every otome game is that all the heroine are either weak, naive, or even both D': of course i would be kind of scared if i was in the same situation as yui, but i think i wouldn't throw such a tantrum. :'D
Sep 16, 2013 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
TRIGGER WARNING: THE ANIME

That was unintentionally hilarious. Will keep watching.
Sep 16, 2013 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
Diabolik's animation is actually better than what I had expected.
The drama CD is kinda boring so I didn't expect much from the anime either.

Sep 16, 2013 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
Comparing this to Twilight is a insult to Twilight. I dislike that book/movie just as much as the next person, but this is just going too far.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaSep 18, 2013 12:42 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 16, 2013 5:58 PM

Apr 2009
LiquidZombie said:
1st ep was average. not too bad but also not outstanding. the only thing that really caught my attention was how real this show seems to be.

Ha ha, what?
Sep 16, 2013 5:58 PM

May 2012
Hmm.. can't decide yet if I will like it or not.. girl is fine but that vampire guy who keeps her calling bitch-san is annoying. Well, that vamp dude with earphone is quite nice. But somehow, the animation and character designs are weird. Maybe because of the vampire dark theme..
Sep 16, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2011
6 vampires trying to rape a human girl.. How is this good? Not watching such bs. It's so ridiculous i even had to post this here....
Sep 16, 2013 6:53 PM

Feb 2008
http://abload.de/img/bonerlookfwioj.jpg

Wow, what's this crap? I downloaded it just to see what it is, and first thing I see is attempted rape. Guess that's a common thing for otome games (haven't seen much). Well, all in all, it was a funny experience. Is this supposed to be funny or is it unintentional? As it's hilarious. I'll continue for sure, even though I wasn't planning on watching this.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe it is because i am a pervert but this show was too much awesome ! Now i got a great idea of what a reverse ecchi's really ! XD Because it was really a show with a bang for otome girl. :D Just by seeing the review before i watch it when i was done downloading it was making me hungry. :3 It was really better than brocon (who i dropped at the end because i was watching too much stuff at the same time...) in all point and with not only just love declaration but with sexual assault ! I was laughing all the ways to the end. I want a second season when the second game come out next month ! XD
Sep 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2011
The thing about DiaLovers is, if you haven't played the game, you need to give it more than one episode to see the plot develop and see how messed up everything actually is. By messed up I mean twisted and dark.
Sep 16, 2013 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
LiquidZombie said:
1st ep was average. not too bad but also not outstanding. the only thing that really caught my attention was how real this show seems to be.

Ha ha, what?

real as in compared to any other vampire anime where the main girl is just like "oh, vampires? cool." this anime actually shows some sort of depth. agh. idk how to express myself.
Sep 16, 2013 7:12 PM
Oct 2012
i remain undecided on this anime. for the majority of the first episode it looked as if i would take a direct path down to complete and utter shit. then at the last 5 seconds it seems like there is a a possibility of it turning the hole thing upside down and becoming good. the thing i hope for is god gives her something to repel them. should this happen it could become a lot more interesting. it could bring in comedy, remove the rape aspect and manage to have plot. there is even a possibility of romance all based off of the next episode.
Sep 16, 2013 7:18 PM

Jul 2010
Love this first episode ,I thought it was a mistake 15 min. What?!?
And leave me off like that ?!?
I so,so'oso so,so,so,so love Kanato ,Ayato,Subaruand Shu!!!!
Right to the point and not boring I am so glad!!!
Love the mystery!!
Sep 16, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
Hot sadistic vampires - I'm liking this so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2013 8:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So hopefully things get a bit darker. Right now it looks like a fantasy SM play with 6 boys vs. 1 girl. Oh boy....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 16, 2013 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
Better than Amnesia and hopefully better than Brothers conflict.

I like the artstyle, especially the eye design.

Maybe this female lead will have a personality. Female harem leads are usually even worse than male harem leads.
Sep 16, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
Ahhh vampire harem :3!! so sexy *o*... i really like Laito.. thought Subaru is kinda violent.. like subaru from BroCon xD! hopefully the next episode will be full episodes instead of 15 :/
Bishies. Ikemen. ~! >///< (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻....... (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧......(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Sep 16, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
Was good for only three minutes....then one of the guys decided to talk.

Automatic drop. I don't have time for this kind of sexist, dominance bullcrap.
Sep 16, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Look, I have not played the VN so do not know if it's well suited or not. Only 15 minutes pros ... I really liked it. Note 4
Sep 16, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting start, kind of twisted though.
Sep 16, 2013 9:44 PM

Aug 2008
This anime is supposed to have yandere and sadistic male protagonist...lusting after the heroine. And it already received 2 bad reviews, wow. I guess not a lot expected this.
I quite liked it, they pulled off the atmosphere and character really well...I am glad if they didn't tone it down from the game. Love the seiyuus~
Wish it was longer though. Glad to see Yui actually doesn't sit there quietly and actually reacts to things like a normal person. I like Shuu and Subaru the most.
princessnightOct 17, 2013 7:36 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

105 by averagecupofjo »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.