Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 7, 2013 9:28 PM
Nov 2011
Chihiya sees the queens name

The bandages come off.

Sounds like she would play like ronnie lot... just cut off that finger I'll keep playing.

Man. So much passion in this anime.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 9, 2013 1:45 AM

Jul 2009
another amazing match!!

how the hell did i miss this last week T__T

Chihaya vs Yuube Keiko!!!!

poor Keiko XD

Za Queen is concentrated as hell in the match ^^

same with Chihaya!!

Arata seeing how Chihaya is having fun with Karuta ^^

poor Keiko, Chiahaya managed to get a comeback!!!!

wahhhh Chihaya and Arata getting together!!! X______X

noo Taichi!!!!!!

Arata's parents doesn't want him to go to tokyo due to the expenses XD

poor nishida having to relive the moment where Arata dominated him once more.

at least this time he's paying attention and is gonna work hard even more the next time they meet.

good luck Nishida!!!!!

but Arata is too godlike O______O

Super Class A for sure like Wakamiya Shinobu :P

Chihaya vs Za Queen!!!!!!!!

rematch!!!!!!

but Chihaya has her hand injured!!!!! :(

i hope Chihaya can win, but Za Queen is too good and i love her hair and style as well as the ruthless personality.

i don't know who to choose X_X

only 4 episodes left T_____T

Season 3 please!!!!!

i want to see Chihaya become the next Queen!!!!!!
Jun 9, 2013 8:19 AM
Jan 2012
Chihaya managed to win with her left hand!^^

And then she just had to play the queen next... But still excited about next episode!
Jun 11, 2013 5:57 AM

Dec 2011
Arata winning by 27 cards...

Chihaya winning twice with her left hand to reach the final 8, but instead of facing Arata, she faces Shinobu. Off with the bandages it is.

That was one episode? Usually this series would take about 10 to show the amount they packed into this one.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 22, 2013 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
Omg... I'm super pumped for this! Thank god I didn't watch this on-going.

Jun 26, 2013 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
Wow Arata is amazing. This show is getting really good now.
Jul 3, 2013 11:23 AM

May 2012
Oh boy now things just got serious! Chihaya against the Queen again! Arata's parents were pretty funny, but damn Arata is as strong as ever! Lets see what's next!

I hoped we would see Chihaya winning and getting the role as queen but I don't think we'll see that in the couple episodes left, sadly enough.
Jul 9, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
Finally an episode without Taichi! :DD
Aug 11, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
Lol, Arata's parents cheering for Nishida but Arata won the match :D

I don't know who will i cheer for but i hope Chihaya win to the queen.

iLostReason said:

Yeah, LOL
Aug 31, 2013 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
Arata's parents: "Hang in there chubby boy!" lol xD
Dec 30, 2013 9:42 PM
Aug 2011
iLostReason said:

do not be stupid mmmmk?

Nishida vs. Arata...yeah sorry Nishida but your fate was sealed.

Really excited for Chihaya vs Shinobu.
I like them both but throughout the course of this season Shinobu climbed up my favorites list really fast.
It Hadn't really sunk into my head before that she was so fabulous.
Jan 14, 2014 1:46 AM

Dec 2010
Oh boy, Arata's playing style was something else.

Really sorry about Nishida though.
Jan 26, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
Well that was some statement of intent by Chihaya when she took the bandage off!
May 24, 2014 3:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Not right now. I wanted Chihaya vs Shinobu in the semifinal and Arata vs Sudo as the other semifinal. Then we can get Chihaya vs Arata in the final.

Oh well Chihaya vs Shinobu in the quater-finals will do. Chihaya, show Shinobu what you improved on.

May 26, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2013
Getting matched with Shinobu.. Tough luck, Ayase
Jun 7, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A little makes me turn up your nose Chihaya has mastered the skill with which the movement reversed, it may also be there, but the probability of winning of first blow, it is almost impossible.
Episode intriguing, fast and deep. This is the narrative that was expecting to see in Chihayafuru, the interpersonal remains almost unchanged, but do not linger very events, remaining always intriguing that shows what the plot.
Chiahaya also seems to have regained the charisma and sympathy that he had in the first season.
Drawings and discrete animations. I'm looking forward to the match between Shinobu and Chihaya.
I'm rooting for Shinobu, anyway!
Feb 11, 2015 8:42 AM

Dec 2013

YESSS BRING IT ON
Mar 10, 2015 6:33 AM

Oct 2014
hahaha, arata's parents.
chubby kid
Mar 17, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2013
Arata's parents are awful...lol... Why did it have to be the Queen, damn it? It should've been Arata.
Mar 24, 2015 9:47 AM
Sep 2009
I have to admit that they far fetched Chihaya's abilities to play with left arm. Like yes I can buy her breaking blocks since it is different perspective and fighting against left hand people is hard, especially if you never did it before.

But same accuracy and speed is impossible if you never trained the arm before. And it's not like she defeated a beginner A class player who was nervous.

Oh well, at least unrealism will end with next match.
Apr 16, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
ecimir said:
No Machima Taichi in this episode = not so good episode.

THISS :P
Apr 16, 2015 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
JessicasamaXP said:
ecimir said:
No Machima Taichi in this episode = not so good episode.

THISS :P

I agree xD
Apr 23, 2015 2:17 AM

Nov 2014
I totally loved this episode. The one to one matches are great!
I knew Arata would win but I wouldn't mind if Porky won, he really works hard and deserves all good.

And Chihaya saving her right for Arata plan is cancelled. Next match would be super tense!
I am trying to guess if she would win or loose? I want to say you can't win everything.
She won the teams tournament so it would be too optimistic to win against the queen in this one as well.
But then what will happen to her dream of matching Arata?
Nov 11, 2015 8:33 AM
May 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
WTF So now Chihaya is accurate and fast too even not with his dominant hand? That's very bullshit imho. I don't know if she has ever use her left hand, has any experience or feelings of using her left hand, but it's BS to believe that she could be fast and accurate with her left hand, I get it that Chihaya with her right hand is very strong, but with her left hand..? This show is trying to hard to make Chihaya wins, not only she got the talent of Suo, she can also swing using her right hand almost as fast and accurate as Shinobu, the current most talented youngest Queen, you're tell me that she can now beat any other A class players with her left hand?? Come on don't make Chihaya so unrealistically overpowered please!

As for Arata, lol at his parents. I initially thought that they're in fear of Arata losing, but they're actually hoping that he lose!! LOL! Poor Nikuman though, but if Arata is just at this level, he will not be a match of Suo, the current Master. Arata wins against Nikuman, who was a B class player last year, by about only 8 cards, not to mention Nikuman is probably one of the mid tier A class players, not even a high tier.. Arata will lose to Chihaya at this rate -.-!

I had so much problem with the author making Mizusawa so unbelievably strong. The girl who just started karuta months ago are now winning her first match (and she isn't very enthusiastic about karuta yet), creepy eyes-kun winning by default, and Taichi won, well that's normal because Taichi is strong! The author has made Desk-kun and Kana-chan so strong that there is no return now, so Desk-kun and Kana-chan should be able to win their matches easily.

I think they're trying really hard to make Chihaya looks cool at the end there, because a normal people wouldn't drop their aid band on the floor, it looked cooler, but tried too hard, seriously.. Now I can't take this anime seriously anymore, it's falling down further on my list, cya Chihayafuru

SO UNREALISTICALLY STRONG, MIZUSAWA! -.-

Totally agree. And even the match between Arata vs porky was shown from porky's view. Dude, give Arata a little space. This is so biased. And finally an episode without Taichi. :D
Nov 14, 2015 8:12 PM

Feb 2010
Best parents xD

Jan 4, 2016 8:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Amazing episode <3 It's okay porky, you fought like a warrior.

But gods, I'm trembling... who..how... oh please dont break all your fingers Chihaya
Jan 5, 2016 10:27 PM

Aug 2014
Arata just ain't getting enough screen time fam, but its still amazing ep!
Feb 6, 2016 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
Arashite murawa ~ !! Chance in the left corner ~ . Easy to read ~ !!
Humor is strong ~ and vibrant !! I have no qualms laughing in public ~ .
Itso mo dore . Reaching in , Reaching out ~ . Preps and steps ~ .
Haha ~ .. Arata's parents .. you don't suppose to curse your own child to lose ~ .
The Different types of a Karuta player . "Playing harder."
TOP 8 Qualifiers of the Individuals' Brackets ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2009
Man, what an ending, what resolve from Chihaya ...
Arata's so cool and strong, hope he wins the tournament and gets a scholarship despite what his parents are wishing for :D
So it's Chihaya vs Queen. I really can't see her winning this match so it's a pity as I really wanted to see Chihaya vs Arata ...
Mar 16, 2016 1:21 AM

Jan 2016
kinda started to hate chihaya from this episode. all she see is arata..arata..arata...arats.. arata.. arata..arata..arata..arata.. so self centered
but let's get the chihaya x shinobu match started..
Oct 18, 2016 10:19 AM
Feb 2015
poor ayase stands no chance whatsoever
Nov 6, 2016 6:38 PM

Dec 2014
well ayase rocks..playing with the her left hand like that
Dec 6, 2016 12:30 PM

Mar 2014
OH SHIT NIGGA SHIT'S GOING DOWN BREEEE
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 22, 2017 4:05 AM

Oct 2012
So Chihaya's opponent was a tsundere manly girl? xD

Arata's parents.. Poor Arata xD

Nikuman, he really didn't have any luck too :(
He got Arata as opponent way too early

Time to get serious!
I want to see Shinobu's shocked face when she realized Chihaya is getting better
While she stay the same
"Signature removed"
Apr 25, 2017 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, Ayase played great with her left hand, I didn't think that was possible.
Lol, Arata's parents want him to lose because the scholarship will be expensive.
Next match is Ayase vs Shinobu and she will use her right hand!
Sep 10, 2017 6:15 AM

Nov 2016
The matches are so hype.

Despite her handicap Chihaya pulled of a rather easy victory.

And porky showed some strong determination, too bad he had to lose.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 28, 2017 1:48 AM

Feb 2015
Chihaya managed really well with her handicap. One thing I like about Arata is that even with how talented he is and with all of the recognition he receives for it he never allows his ego to get the better of him - he still remains a genuinely nice person who can recognize the talent in others. It contrasts with Shinobu who sets herself apart because she is always conscious of being the best and above everyone else.

Nov 28, 2017 4:33 PM

Feb 2015
Loved the T-shirt part haha. It would have been nice to see how Chihaya would have done against Shinobu uninjured - with her injury she had no chance. I hope that Chihaya can break through Shinobu's shell a tiny bit someday - it wasn't fair to isolate her so much for being a prodigy when she was a child. How cute were Tsukuba and Sumire. It looks like Sumire is starting to enjoy karuta for its own merits even tho she thinks it is still to gain Taichi's attention.

Dec 10, 2017 7:44 PM

Jun 2017
The way they use karuta cards instead of sakura petals is just too funny.

Feb 5, 2019 7:25 PM
Apr 2016
Lmao Arata is a monster, Chihaya has no chance to win.. Also awww she got matched against the Queen, well, Chihaya lost!
Feb 20, 2019 1:53 AM

May 2016
Lol, RIP Chihaya's underdog run

"Super Class A" Shinobu hahahahahaha
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Feb 28, 2019 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly not surprised Chihaya won the match using left hand based how the show's writing has been on this season. And well at least was kind of refreshing to see a episode no Taichi on the screen.
Mar 7, 2019 9:39 AM

May 2016
Nikuman kun did his very best I really loved the episode he really pushed his limits.

Chihaya really has bad luck.
Aug 24, 2019 3:10 AM

Aug 2018
Chihaya actually won two in a row using her left hand.Next ep she will likely use her right, she gonna makes it worst by still playin.

Cmon bruh this show forcing too much on chihaya to win in this ep even if its so unfavorable against her like she didnt even practice using left hand i understand if she practice it but she didnt. Also shes down 10 cards and still won likes its nothing.They keep using the miracle comeback wins in this season.

This things boggle my mind but i still enjoy the show i hope for unpredictable matches in upcoming eps and in next season.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 16, 2019 11:36 PM
Jun 2014
Strange that we see almost everybody's reaction (even Reader's) to Arata's 27 cards win against poor Shoji, but not Chihaya's.

Chihaya winning with the left hand against class A player is a bit unbelievable. But like Arata remembered she did take her first card against him with her left hand, so who knows, maybe she's a mad genius.

Amazing to see Arata playing, finally. Those crosses of his are something to behold. His parents are terrible yet funny. But Nikuman's recap of everybody's effort went on a bit too long. Far too many unnecessary recaps in recent episodes. It's a bit frustrating that even a quality anime like this excludes interesting material from Manga but keeps inserting unnecessary recaps.

Chihaya wanting to play with an injured finger seems far too risky. But I know nothing about such injuries, so on to the next episode to see what happens.
Nov 25, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
Arata is unstoppable!

Now that's really brave and unwise for Chihaya to risk everything on one duel with Shinobu. Her wound might become more serious, but I guess she is not aware of it.

Btw. just his many times there will be a scene in which "Pizusawa" slipped of Oe's tongue? ;pp
Dec 14, 2019 1:42 PM
Sep 2017
I think I fangirled right along with Chihaya when Arata complimented her! <3
I do still struggle with this ship, because I like Taichi too, and he’s definitely been there for Chihaya over the years, but his comment a few episodes back, calling Arata his enemy, has made me lean more towards Arata. I get it - Taichi feels threatened by Arata in more ways than one, but still - I am drawn towards Arata’s humility and kindness and maturity.
Jan 6, 2020 3:17 AM

Mar 2015
Lel rematch between Chihaya and the Queen coming right up
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 2, 2020 4:59 PM

Apr 2016
I like how they make out some no-name character to be an even match with Chihaya. It's ridiculous how far they'd go to shit on her actual playing ability. What's up with attempting to play left-handed anyway? Even if she does get the chance to play Arata, he'd just wipe the floor with her because of her injury. Flawed logic everywhere...

Looks like she's going up against Shinobu, not that I'm expecting anything from an injured player.
Apr 19, 2020 8:42 AM

Aug 2011
He was watching her how she plays, finally OwO

As I'm left-handed, it was interesting to watch ^^
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2013

93 by fathandz »»
Feb 5, 1:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.