Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 11:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Run, run Kotoura!

Glad some light is being shed on this episode. Lol @ that kick by Mori. Nice. Glad the assailant didn't manage to get that hit in the beginning though. Nice save, Daichi. The ending of this episode was kinda meh imo. I expected a little more.
Stark700Mar 21, 2013 11:34 AM
Mar 21, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
Who said that from the last episode he was sure that the female cop is the serial attacker of the highschool girls?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 21, 2013 12:14 PM
Jan 2012
symbv said:
Who said that from the last episode he was sure that the female cop is the serial attacker of the highschool girls?

Me... It was too obvious in imo
Mar 21, 2013 12:50 PM

Nov 2011
And the most obvious twist of the season award goes too...

neji3994 said:
symbv said:

Me... It was too obvious in imo

Agreed. I also saw it coming since the episode she was introduced.
rederoinMar 21, 2013 12:53 PM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
ahem..................CALLED IT!!

as i said before, i knew it was the female cop.

red herring? give me a break. do you really think the writers are smart enough for that? the best they could come up with was split personality. still counts cause i was basing my opinion on the physical evidence.

SUCK IT!

still boring episode though.
Mar 21, 2013 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
REJECTED!!!
About dam time Moritani got rejected.

Great Episode. Made me cry so much. They could have of ended the series with this episode just because its so great.
Mar 21, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
This was pretty disappointing to me. It was obvious the attacker was that detective/cop, but I was still expecting something more interesting. Also, I can't just stand the fact Kotoura even felt bad for her just after she tried to kill her! That's even worse than what happened with Moritani (by the way, I still hate her). Kotoura is just too kind...and foolish.

//How did Manabe actually find out where they were? o_o
Mar 21, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2011
Such a disappointing series, it started so well, but it went just meh.
Mar 21, 2013 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
161 said:

yeah its a shame too. if they had the right writers, i couldve really loved this series.
Mar 21, 2013 1:15 PM
Aug 2011
I can't help but feel that this entire attacker arc - or whatever you want to call it- is so stupid or maybe I should say stupidly needless.

Then Kotoura sure is fast to tell people not to give up because people will be there for you.
That slight breakdown at the hospital? Clearly she should listen to her own advice first.
Mar 21, 2013 1:16 PM
Oct 2009
This episode also disappointed me. It was freeeaaakin obvious she was the culprit. I was hoping for a more decent payoff, I mean it was an arc and there were just no surprises at all.

Hopefully next episode will stay in the show's comfort zone, with mostly light-hearted comedy. It's the last episode, after all.

And, didn't everyone forgive the cop girl way too fast?? I mean, sure they said she had a split personality or whatever, but she did beat up high school girls... which is no petty crime lol.
Mar 21, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
I'm so sick of Kotoura's "woe is me" attitude, always so quick to blame everything on herself and then run away, so the others will have to come and find her, only for her to do the same thing 2 episodes later. She is the most annoying heroine I've encountered for a long while, and her character alone is enough to drag my score down for this show. She's such a damsel in distress.
Mar 21, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
stef111007 said:
Was this Episode only Web streamed? Can't find 720p or 1080p version

Just torrent it or watch it on CR.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Mar 21, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
So, it WAS the female detective...and yet, it wasn't.

We were right last week when we said that she had a split personality and that's why Kotoura had a hard time figuring her. Her kinder, timid side was the one she was used to seeing. When she saw the attacker's mind it was actually that of the detective's other half. Both separate, but in the same body.
Mar 21, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
I think most of us saw it coming, that the female cop was the criminal.

Someone last week said she would have a split personality... I didn't think that would be the case. I'm sorta disappointed that the female cop was guilty. I wanted a little more intrigue. Everything got wrapped up a little too neatly... And then throw in a love confession! I hate to say it... I have enjoyed this show... But I thought this episode could have been better.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 21, 2013 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
Madara31 said:
I'm so sick of Kotoura's "woe is me" attitude, always so quick to blame everything on herself and then run away, so the others will have to come and find her, only for her to do the same thing 2 episodes later. She is the most annoying heroine I've encountered for a long while, and her character alone is enough to drag my score down for this show. She's such a damsel in distress.

Totally agree, not as bad as Amnesia's Heroine, but she's actually got annoying for me in this episode.
Mar 21, 2013 1:59 PM

Aug 2012
I've enjoyed most of this series but this episode was really disapointing, i expected more

Mar 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2011
well like others mentioned above, it was pretty obvious it was that female cop. like omg.

anyways daichi came to the rescue because apparently a girl can't freaking defend herself! well except for Moritani of course.

Anyways so next ep Kotoura's mom will show up to her apartment. eeek can't wait to see what goes there!
Mar 21, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2006
Oh yeah surprise! it was the cop's second personality! Oh come on...
I found these last episodes disappointing... this anime had so much potential, such a shame.
this episode still made me teary eyed though.
Mar 21, 2013 2:36 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah such a shame it will end next week.

Yeah it obviously that the cop is the criminal

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 21, 2013 2:57 PM

Feb 2011
I see , double personality . Well it was expectable that the criminal was the detective .

I'm also sad that this is going to end , really great show until the end .
Mar 21, 2013 2:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hell, I was fooled. I really did not expect the obvious. Anyway, I was sort of okay with the way Tsukino just gave up, but I'm really NOT okay with the way Ishiyama nonchalantly accepted it.
Mar 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Mostly good.
Not sure about the ending.
Weird she was only a serial attacker and didn't kill anyone.
I guess that makes it more believable that she would be persuaded easily.
Mar 21, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
Loved this episode! I also felt it was quite emotional and even though I knew who it was from the manga and the obvious foreshadowing I still enjoyed it. Sadly I seem to be in the minority today. I love this show. Got the ED CD today with Tsurupeta! and whole bunch more.

For anyone who is wondering, the insert song was off the OP CD, it is 素直 Sunao / Meek by Ai Nakajima, same one who does the Want to know the story behind the backstory? OP. Was wondering if they would use it! Now they just need to use Mamegu A Go! Go!
Mar 21, 2013 3:30 PM

Feb 2013
pretty good episode, not that exciting but at least we now know why she was commiting the crimes.
Mar 21, 2013 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
Am i the only one that wanted Manabe to be with Moritani for some reason?
Or at least a harem with kotora and moritani.
There was a time were I hated anime. Now I love anime more than anything. When i started to actually watch anime I decided to keep note the order of them, now I am able to number them on this site. When I finish everything I have see I will be surprised to see my progress. My revolution started around a little over a year ago and is still going. May the future have just as good if not better anime as now.
Mar 21, 2013 3:40 PM

Mar 2010
Lol Terrible episode.. The past several episodes were pretty much telling/foreshadowing exactly how this would end..and it did. Would have been better if we were kept in suspense rather than being clued in way to easily.
Mar 21, 2013 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
symbv said:

I declined that possibility for being way too easy. Writing wise, considering what the writers are able to do as seen in famous ep1. Well, that's what I get for my optimism..
Lame resolution to a lame story of a serial killer criminal.

161 said:

I wouldn't call the series disappointing or meh in general. It's a fun RomCom and in my eyes on of the better ones. But yes, it just doesn't live up to the premise that was created in ep1. Even though to hold that level is really difficult it just seems the writers don't even try to do something with it.
So much wasted potential for some good cruel drama within a RomCom..
Mar 21, 2013 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
The more I think about this episode the more disappointed I get. Not a good next to the last episode.

Where are things going to end with Mom?
Mar 21, 2013 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
nantuko said:

I wouldn't call the series disappointing or meh in general. It's a fun RomCom and in my eyes on of the better ones. But yes, it just doesn't live up to the premise that was created in ep1. Even though to hold that level is really difficult it just seems the writers don't even try to do something with it.
So much wasted potential for some good cruel drama within a RomCom..

Even someone from Germany, yay.

Yes I would call it like that in general, because the actual general composition of the series has too many flaws to begin with. I agree as a RomCom with a bit of Slapstick and overall special comedy it's a premise, thus relaxing to watch, if it matches your humour. I just think the plot killed itself with the whole attacking highschool girls arc. It went from fresh, not always predictable to a total obvious and mashy lump you cannot call plot anymore. The things I liked about it were slowly fading out and waving goodbye for nothing. So many aspects of the plot're still in development or havn't been picked up ever since, though next week's the final. I just can't look at it as a satisfying experience as a whole, it misses too much and single episodes're partially just bad.
161Mar 21, 2013 4:07 PM
Mar 21, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2011
Kotoura-san, WHY ARE YOU SO CLUMSY.

No, I'm not referring to Kotoura, but the show itself.

Well, the perpetrator was indeed who most people thought it was, I got it right, sorta, since I said it was either her or someone directly linked to her, and it turned out to be both, just not in the way I was quite expecting.

Anyway, onto the complaints.

The rejection scene I felt was poorly timed, and I've seen that exact scene in other anime before, and it brought nothing new to the table, so that was disappointing, and it's a crude way to just resolve Moritani's crush on Manabe. It's lazy writing.

Next, the scene between Prez and Muroto was better but melodramatic and clumsy. It didn't flow at all, and it progressed through the scene awkwardly.

Kotoura-san needs to pull her head from her ass. She's a really annoying character who just loves to mope and go "OMG I SHOULD DIE". Now some of you might go "but look at her childhood, stop being stupid for not understanding why she's like that", to which my response would be stfu, how many times now has Kotoura gone through this self loathing thing and been lifted out of it in the end by the help of her friends? At least 3 times before this. Why? I thought she'd grown to accept herself the first (or maybe even second) time Manabe told her she wasn't a monster, accepted her for who she was, and made her understand she wasn't at fault. But then she goes and becomes depressed again. and again. and again. JESUS CHRIST GET OVER YOURSELF.

That ending scene on the bridge was simply ludicrous, Manabe came outta nowhere. The door was behind Tsukino, yet he managed to somehow jump in front of her last second and make that stance? Fuck right off if you want me to accept that. I understand how lovely it all sounded in your head people who made this, but at least make it make sense!

JESUUUUUUUUS FUCKING CHRIST.
Mar 21, 2013 4:13 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:
Kotoura-san, WHY ARE YOU SO CLUMSY.

No, I'm not referring to Kotoura, but the show itself.

Well, the perpetrator was indeed who most people thought it was, I got it right, sorta, since I said it was either her or someone directly linked to her, and it turned out to be both, just not in the way I was quite expecting.

Anyway, onto the complaints.

The rejection scene I felt was poorly timed, and I've seen that exact scene in other anime before, and it brought nothing new to the table, so that was disappointing, and it's a crude way to just resolve Moritani's crush on Manabe. It's lazy writing.

Next, the scene between Prez and Muroto was better but melodramatic and clumsy. It didn't flow at all, and it progressed through the scene awkwardly.

Kotoura-san needs to pull her head from her ass. She's a really annoying character who just loves to mope and go "OMG I SHOULD DIE". Now some of you might go "but look at her childhood, stop being stupid for not understanding why she's like that", to which my response would be stfu, how many times now has Kotoura gone through this self loathing thing and been lifted out of it in the end by the help of her friends? At least 3 times before this. Why? I thought she'd grown to accept herself the first (or maybe even second) time Manabe told her she wasn't a monster, accepted her for who she was, and made her understand she wasn't at fault. But then she goes and becomes depressed again. and again. and again. JESUS CHRIST GET OVER YOURSELF.

That ending scene on the bridge was simply ludicrous, Manabe came outta nowhere. The door was behind Tsukino, yet he managed to somehow jump in front of her last second and make that stance? Fuck right off if you want me to accept that. I understand how lovely it all sounded in your head people who made this, but at least make it make sense!

JESUUUUUUUUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Normally I don't always agree with everything you say, but on this one you are spot on.

They could at least put the female cop in handcuffs. I thought she would start skipping down the street with the male cop like nothing ever happened. Hello!! She beat the crap out of high school girls. CRAZY!
Mar 21, 2013 4:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
(I think the more some of us are thinking about it the more annoyed we're getting)
Mar 21, 2013 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
161 said:
I just think the plot killed itself with the whole attacking highschool girls arc. It went from fresh, not always predictable to a total obvious and mashy lump you cannot call plot anymore. The things I liked about it were slowly fading out and waving goodbye for nothing. So many aspects of the plot're still in development or havn't been picked up ever since, though next week's the final. I just can't look at it as a satisfying experience as a whole, it misses too much and single episodes're partially just bad.

Subjectively partially true, however that's mainly the fault of this boring arc that limited the possibilities entirely. I kinda said it before in a prior Thread: despite serving a specific purpose for Mifune and her problem with her mother's past this anime went off track with this arc, loosing its focus for the "important" things, Kotoura, her past and her present now with Manabe and the others.. After all it's called Kotoura-san not Mifune-san.
And as you said, plot is basically still in development and backgrounds not really resolved, that's why I hope for a second season with much more focus on Kotoura and drama so that it can redeem itself for the last episodes in this season. :| (Even though that feels unlikely)
Still, this arc didn't make me feel disappointed in this anime as a whole. Just in aspects of it.
Mar 21, 2013 4:55 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
So she has a serious psychological problem involving a split personality who attacks school girls with a police baton, hospitalizing children. She then turns herself in and she isn't handcuffed, gets asked out to dinner by her partner, and everything is cheerful like no harm, no foul? The first 3 or 4 episodes of this show was a 10/10, the rest of the show was mediocre, and this episode was laughable garbage. Did no one else even notice this? Ridiculous.
Mar 21, 2013 5:00 PM

Oct 2012
Manabe used instant transmission so did everyone else and Tsukino's mental power was stronger than Kotoura's mind reading ability and The unicorns told Manabe where Tsukino's apartment is, it all makes sense now.
Mar 21, 2013 5:03 PM

Aug 2012
Man, that was pretty bad..
InfiniteRyvius said:

I thought that was the only decent part of the episode. Besides Mori getting thrown across the alley of course. Muroto is just a better character than the rest.

The bgm when they made the 'big reveal' of the cop being the criminal was funny, did the writers think they were really surprising us?

And seriously, they didn't treat the cop like a criminal whatsoever. "haha when you get out we'll get lunch yada yada buddy buddy bullshit" WTF MAN SHE WAS ASSAULTING LITTLE GIRLS NOT STEALING JELLY BEANS FROM THE SUPERMARKET

This arc just took the show right down the shitter..All plotlines were handled terribly. And there was zero real comic relief to make up for it.
Mar 21, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoy this anime quite a bit but this entire episode was so retarded.
Mar 21, 2013 5:23 PM

Aug 2010
161 said:

It went downhill pretty quick, this show gets worse and worse. ugh
Mar 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2010
Manabe teleported to the roof top...
Mar 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was the worst of the show. It has lowerd the overall score even, the final ep will have to be really good to solve that issue. I don't mind about the cop however.
Mar 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2012
So the cop had two personalities. It was a rather interesting development.

Mar 21, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
Anyone who says it was obvious- well, I said it could be MPD- but it could have easily been the older cop too. I think everyone gave the writers more credit than the way it turned out. Altogether a lazy finale.

'Opps- my phone- it's OK- Manabe can teleport up a few flights of stairs to the roof of a building he doesn't know the location of if I need him- he'll be over our spat by then...'

Also, MPD doesn't work that way- but that's another story.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 21, 2013 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
Well I gave the female cop a 50% chance of being the perp, although I still think they took the easy way out. Manabe coming to block the baton swing in the final seconds was no surprise at all. It was a pity that this arc was so weak considering how strong some of the other arcs and backstories were.

Moritani's confession and rejection was pretty good and Muroto and Mifune were pretty cute in the hospital so I think they salvaged the episode. But take a lesson from the detective Kotoura. If you perpetually hold in the negative feelings and keep forgiving everyone who does you wrong, at some point you'll snap. And we've all seen what happens when someone with psychic powers snaps and it isn't pretty.... Better find some way to relieve that stress fast. I sure Manabe-kun has some creative ideas...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
DAMN... last week i brought up the idea of split personality as a possibility of why it could be the female cop (page 2 if your wondering) but was hoping that this wasn't the case and that it would be concluded in a better outcome. Although the show has disappointed me from an eye catching opening episode i wouldn't say it's necessarily bad, it's a shame there wan't any more interaction or an arc dedicated to Kotoura and her mother as it would be more entertaining than the current arc.Although i suppose that would be something for latter on in the series if there's ever a season 2.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Mar 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
Just thinking about it, shouldn't Manabe's arm be broken from trying to block a hit like that with a baton?

But yeah the episode was okay. Kotoura's constant depression is really beginning to get annoying. In the beginning I felt sorry for her, now it's like its becoming redundant.

The cop being the attacker wasn't surprising, and neither was her having a split personality. However, I do think they could have done a better job with her arrest. I mean, the woman DOES have a psychological disorder that will potentially get others hurt. Her other, more dominant personality might try to take over again, and then where would you be? She obviously has the inclination to hurt or even possibly kill others. They need to arrest her and get her some help! Not take her on a date?! What is wrong with the police in this town?
Mar 21, 2013 7:14 PM

Mar 2011
Irenesharda said:
Just thinking about it, shouldn't Manabe's arm be broken from trying to block a hit like that with a baton?

I think he was in Bankai considering he teleported in front of her, so it makes sense..... right?

I did keep telling everyone that this show is incredibly simple and stupid right? I did? Oh good, because it is.
Mar 21, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2011
Yeah, this series started out great. It's really fizzling bad now.
Mar 21, 2013 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
I think I'm one of the few people that still loves this Anime very much regardless of today's episode compared to some dropping or rating it below 5 it because of an obvious episode. Everyone has a right to hate a series because of a episode but it was coming.
Mar 21, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
The last few episodes have been pretty badly written... maybe we can forget about them with the finale...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

196 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

299 by _untitled »»
Mar 11, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.