Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 10:18 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All in all a safe ending I would say. Fight, a bit of tension, a bit of heat, and then everybody is happy and the bad guy is gone. I guess it is fine as it is. So long Gunbarrel!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 21, 2013 10:28 AM
Dec 2012
It was meh.
Mar 21, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
6/10 (actually being generous here)

Didn't really get a feeling of this series tbh as much as I had originally thought. Well, I guess some of the Frau moments and the robots were good but otherwise, the series was 'meh' indeed imo.

Dat rocket blast off.
Mar 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2011
Below average series maybe a bit average. Didn't have the Impact like Steins;gate, hell Chaos;Head was better..
Mar 21, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
Wasted potential everywhere. Nothing was good about this piece of shit show, I hope the next Science ADV story won't be shitty like this one.

2/10.
Aria_WrightMar 22, 2013 12:33 PM
Mar 21, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:

All in all a safe ending I would say. Fight, a bit of tension, a bit of heat, and then everybody is happy and the bad guy is gone. I guess it is fine as it is. So long Gunbarrel!!

That's great, I still haven't watched the series, but I definitely will now I know there is no tearjerker at the end. I never understood why some people hate happy endings.
Mar 21, 2013 4:20 PM
Apr 2010
This was really a shitty end...

I was really hopping that the Rocket launches anyway... it would have been a better end than this one
god's in his heaven all's right with the world
Mar 21, 2013 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, copies. Nice strategy, and that shock to his heart... can be pressed multiple times.

Controlling by Kimijima is still weaker than sisterly love. Though Installing the system needing restart and all, they still was able to delete Kimijima with 1 sec. left. Someone became the astronaut with the robot looking after him/her.

They actually went for world rescue for just final 3? eps. Most of series is just like "prequel" to the main goal.
tsubasaloverMar 21, 2013 6:48 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2013 5:41 PM
Aug 2012
Frustrating.
Mar 21, 2013 5:44 PM
Oct 2010
good shit. i think it couldve been better. but im not a producer or anyhting. enjoyed it. think i was expecting something similar or greater than steins;gate.

who became an astronaut?!!!!??!? FFFUUUUUU i must know
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 21, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2009
KingCez said:

Tyrel said:
hell Chaos;Head was better..

Are you out of your mind?
bastek66Mar 21, 2013 5:54 PM
Mar 21, 2013 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
Quite a bit of melodrama- but at least they used the AR. Kai's gonna need a pacemaker after all that, though.
Have no idea why no one thinks to shoot/damage the rocket- and for some unknown reason, hacking (DDOS or equiv) or shutting down the iru-o network (or local towers/power even) is completely beyond considering-- not even forever- just an hour would do.

Ah well. Guess I got to go change my series rating now.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
So much hate for such a nice anime. :'(

9/10.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2013 5:55 PM
Feb 2013
Not a bad ending, but it was still meh. I kinda liked the series, it was a relaxing slice of life until last couple of episodes.
Mar 21, 2013 6:09 PM

May 2010
yeh i dont get why there was soo much hype for it bc of its related to steins:gate in some way (dont care). these 2 shows dont even exist in the same freaking universe thats how huge the difference between them is.

this show was MEH and the ending was BLEH.

barely a 6/10

(dont get me wrong there are way way worse shows running/ending next week ..like zetsuen no tempest but ppl give it a higher rating that robotic;notes ^^ . for me its easily a 4/10..just bad)
Mar 21, 2013 6:13 PM

Aug 2012
Decent show. 7/10
Mar 21, 2013 6:16 PM

Apr 2010
Very anticlimatic, but I enjoyed the show thoroughly. Honestly didn't really watch for the plot too much, more for character relationships and whatnot. 8/10 in my book. Translates to 7/10 by MAL's scale I guess.
Mar 21, 2013 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
I know a lot of you are hating the anime because of this episode, but lets be honest episodes 1-20 were great, this episode was "meh" clearly you can tell the producers rushed this "26" episode show via the time slot or whatever, same goes for psycho-pass which felt like it was rushed because of the change from 26 to 22(but they left hope for a season 2 or OVA), I truly hope 5pb see's this mistake and take lessons if they decide to do another magnificent storyline.... Bittersweet ending though
Mar 21, 2013 6:24 PM

Sep 2007
Slow ass robot suddenly can swing left and right fast as hell? GTFO!! Could the big ass spider robot not swing horizontally!? Like really,was the smaller robot not fast enough to run behind the big, slow ass robot!!?? If this fight was simulated with any kind of remote bit of realism, Kai and crew would have all been killed.

And even if Misaki was subconsciously sucking complete and utter ass at piloting on purpose to save her sister and friends.That fight was just so disappointing. I don't know what i was hoping for with all things considered but that wasn't it. Its sucks that such a good anime had such a weak ass final fight.
Mar 21, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
Roxkis said:
I don't know what i was hoping for with all things considered but that wasn't it.

kinda how i feel too. not that I hated the show or anything just expected the final episode to have more....IMPACT!
Mar 21, 2013 6:28 PM

May 2009
rafi160 said:
Bittersweet ending though

How it was bittersweet ending?
Mar 21, 2013 6:42 PM

May 2012
No Frau x Junna? -> 1/10

Seriously, not a good show. But I've seen much worse lately.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Mar 21, 2013 6:43 PM

May 2010
rafi160 said:
I know a lot of you are hating the anime because of this episode, but lets be honest episodes 1-20 were great, this episode was "meh" clearly you can tell the producers rushed this "26" episode show via the time slot or whatever, same goes for psycho-pass which felt like it was rushed because of the change from 26 to 22(but they left hope for a season 2 or OVA), I truly hope 5pb see's this mistake and take lessons if they decide to do another magnificent storyline.... Bittersweet ending though

i rate on the whole expirience..that means all episodes (sure its easy to forget how i felt about watching ep 12 or so).

the ending is important and this is where most shows fuck up. and 1-21 for me was 5--7/10 and the ending turned the balance towards a 6/10 cause it really wasnt anything special and indeed MEH.

so u might be right with "most ppl" but i try not todo that.
Mar 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
KingCez said:

Kai, it was his dream in VN but anime ommited it.

Not a spoiler man. It's necessary. Wish that wasn't ommitted kinda important to make sense dontcha think! Thanks for the info though kinda makes me a but more pleases with the ending given that it is him and has the GunVarrel patch. But maybe we could infer that it was him given his closing lines about aiming for a higher goal while looking at the sky etc.

Kinda a so so show and a weak ending. Expected it to be a bit more gripping but wasn't bad. First half of the show was better than the second half honestly before the "plot" actually kicked in. Oh well can't all be winners. 6-7/10, first half saved it. It's no Steins;Gate.
Mar 21, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
Overall show was a good pass time and enjoyable but still very meh - 7/20
Mar 21, 2013 7:08 PM
Mar 2013
I'll give it a 7/10, which is passing but very average. Nothing really stood out as show-defining for me.
Mar 21, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2012
Ok ending for an anime with LOTS of wasted potential.

6/10, right in the passing mark
Mar 21, 2013 7:15 PM

Mar 2012
Maybe it was just me, but I took the "5 minutes left running on batteries" thing as an Evangelion reference

Jan 2013
Anyone who's calling people 'haters'- just chill. I've been reading these last few threads, and I'm yet to see anyone say they 'hate' R;N.

Speaking for myself, I started this impressed and fully stoked to give this anime 9/10 easy- and hoped for better. The 1st 12 episodes were great, building a solid... something- then the writers just kinda stopped living in the same world they were building in, and things got a bit weird. Episode 17 was the turning point I think, where nothing done before even mattered anymore.

I don't need an anime to be 'perfect'- hell, I can forgive a lot- but at a certain point anyone will say 'C'mon!', because 'what the heck?' The entire Kimijima Report arc was a waste. It was neat and all, but ultimately it didn't need to be programmed that way, and any puppet could have done it with the same results if it had to be. We won't even get to the trails he had to cleverly kludge- because if he just walked away- abandoned pursuing the reports, then what? No distraction, no rocket launch? Because no go-carts are on the track anymore? There is so much in this anime like that- that is abandoned, contrived, cliche, recycled, and in a few cases just plain wrong- and I'm not saying it's bad, or I hate it- I'm just saying EVERYONE knows it 'should have' been better. Heck- even the 'epic kiss' is a clear S;G clone & everyone knows it.

I think most people wanted to love this anime way more than they were allowed. Any disappointment has to do with the adapters, and initial writers. I'm not saying this wasn't good- just that it could have easily been more than a little bit better because they took a lot of short cuts, and believe it or not- some people notice- and it's not their fault.

If you see a magician palm a coin, and no one else does- you may not say anything, or you might and others can get mad at you for 'ruining the trick'- but at the end of the day, it's the magician who needs to practice more. The best magicians keep other magicians guessing.

If you like it 'as-is'- more power to you- but I think everyone will agree this threatened to be a hell of a better anime than it turned out to be.

Just my 2 cents.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.

Feb 2011
WHY NO DARU APPEARANCE!
Mar 21, 2013 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
So who is the astronaut?Kai?Aki?
finally the more elegant and realistic gunvarrel has been built

R;N is better in the earlier episode at the conspiracy part but I feel like it is gradually degrade especially after they arrive Tokyo Expo;They even cut down Frau appearing chance unlike earlier,Frau makes the series much more hilarious

dacak said:
Roxkis said:
I don't know what i was hoping for with all things considered but that wasn't it.

kinda how i feel too. not that I hated the show or anything just expected the final episode to have more....IMPACT!

the last fight definitely lack the feeling that it supposed to has.

Tyrel said:
hell Chaos;Head was better..

Chaos;HEAd really sucks at the ending
Signature Removed
Mar 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Jun 2011
aznkirby890 said:
Very anticlimatic, but I enjoyed the show thoroughly. Honestly didn't really watch for the plot too much, more for character relationships and whatnot. 8/10 in my book. Translates to 7/10 by MAL's scale I guess.

I think the same, mostly about the anticlimactic thing, except that I watched it for the conspiracy theme (same as for the other SciADV).
Mar 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
It was interesting to me when they stuck monopoles in (because that's current science), but other than that everything else was like an episode of gunvarrel. (mystery and drama parts were fine)
Mar 21, 2013 7:35 PM

Jun 2011
Misa' controlled by Kou saying Aki to shut the fuck up, I'm glad I've watched this, at least one character say that stoopid girl to shut up.

Aaaah, so disapointed… The last 3 eps. are so meh. Started at ten now it's a seven… aaaaah.

I'll miss Frau tough.
CrowsuMar 21, 2013 8:19 PM
Mar 21, 2013 7:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
It was meh. Oh well.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 21, 2013 7:41 PM

Nov 2011
Despite its many flaws, I couldn't help but enjoy this. I really liked the characters.
Mar 21, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
good enough show XD, at least their are no major deaths on the good guys at the end
Mar 21, 2013 7:55 PM

Aug 2009
Meh ending is meh. Even Chaos;Head ending was better.
Mar 21, 2013 8:02 PM
Jan 2008
I knew this was going to be mediocre since the first 3 episodes
Mar 21, 2013 8:06 PM

Jun 2012
At least the climax was entertaining
Mar 21, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
5/10, meh. Maybe I should've given it a 4, I'm not sure.

Dimentioluc said:
Meh ending is meh. Even Chaos;Head ending was better.

Haha, are you serious?
Mar 21, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
Crap ending; they do everything to make mecha look unrealistic...and in the end, they save the world with mecha.

And why no Daru? This site got my hopes up by listing him as one of the characters of this show.

Overall I enjoyed this anime though; even though it was slow at some times. So giving this a 7+/10
Mar 21, 2013 8:33 PM

Aug 2011
It was a relaxing show for me to watch at the beginning and I did enjoy it thoroughly as the story began to finally unfold. It could have been better in terms of the action scenes and the final episodes weren't really exciting.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Mar 21, 2013 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
About a 7.5/10
I really liked the characters but the plot wasn't very good.
The mecha battle wasn't over the top which is nice since this only takes place 5 years in the future. It seemed not too far fetched.
Mar 21, 2013 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
kai had a 3some with the sisters later that night. 10 years later, aki grew big boobies like her sister. all is good.

7/10 for 3some.
Mar 21, 2013 8:46 PM
Mar 2013
I give this anime a 6/10 but am i missing something here or did this anime just leave a few holes. I mean the monopole falling from the sky was weird i was hoping for a better explanation on why only they have the monopole, the final episode of gunvarell not being released but then released out of no where? kai and akis abilities were there for only for useful for a few episodes but thats it? I mean no info on how they got it besides the incident when they were young im just confused why they got it and reasons for. I mean it felt like that incident was only there to set up for this so so finale i mean i understand the older sister foiled the villians plans but i thought that incident was a big letdown now. no explanation on fraus mothers death or disappearance besides the comittee of 300. I feel from this anime is that they tried making it mysterious with all the interesting things popping up but they were just small bits for a not awesome finale. Idk maybe i need to rewatch the episodes again and some of my questions can be answered but i really felt this show was a letdown.
Mar 21, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
My guess is the final average rating on MAL will be around 8. It could have been better, but the last few episodes just seemed to lose some of the punch of the first two-thirds.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 21, 2013 9:06 PM
Aug 2012
Wow. Can't believe the ride is over. I really looked forward to this episode and although it wasn't perfect or the best, it was good. Going into this, I always separated it from Steins;Gate because it is not S;G nor C;H and stands alone for what it is.

It was nice that Aki and Kai finally got through to Misa, she remembered who she used to be and they defeated Kimijima Kou. I thought it was a little funny when he said something like, "I'll just come back again two or three times" Just had to laugh at that; ain't gonna happen! I liked the little mini-epilogue at the end, implying that Kai grew up to be an astronaut but was hoping they would've shown what happened to everyone else too. Somehow I think the episode would've been more fulfilling if we had gotten a glimpse of that.

In terms of unresolved plot, (as much as it kills me to admit all these obvious things even though I loved the characters, etc.) I wonder just how Misa came to know KK, is Kona's mother still alive? (sorry if this was already answered, just forgot), who is the fourth member in that robotics club picture, and what was up with Subaru's backstory with his father? Also, I've read some information on why KK is the way he is but devoting an episode to his character development would've made him seem like "the villain" a bit more.

There were a couple of times that I thought the Sumeragi would just wreck the Super GunPro-1 and I was surprised that it just lost the left pile bunker like that right away but it kinda helped to build up the hype for the match; just as if Misa and Kai were playing a game of Kill Ballad. And poor Kai, I think he used the EMS slow-motion trick like 3 or 4 times too! Very glad no good-guy casualties here.

Overall, a show that I looked forward to every week and one I'll definitely remember; interesting and likable characters, good themes, a little romance (^.^), and deep messages in short words. Gunvarrel Ankh Strikahhh!

Now if only I could get my hands on the VN...
Mar 21, 2013 9:07 PM
Feb 2012
Extremely disappointing ending and 'plot', but will give 7/10 because the first half was soo good.

On a side note, does anyone know the name of or where i can find the instrumental song that plays at beginning of this episode and the first episode?
Mar 21, 2013 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
7/10. Really disappointing ending. And it didn't have enough "impact" or leave an impact on the viewers like Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head did. In fact, its lack of impact surprises me. The moments of epicness just weren't enough compared to that of Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head. I'd say Robotics;Notes is the worst of them. They really could have done better by introducing a more serious tone instead of the BS justice theme they were portraying.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.