Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2013 5:35 PM

Jun 2012
chicagopiano said:
AOTS, calling it.

**AOTY
Jan 10, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
Am I the only one that noticed how exactly similar the first few seconds of the OP was to the first few seconds of Haruhi's first season's OP? What with the hand reaching to the sky and all.

This is really similar to Haruhi.

But I like it, the premise is interesting and this first episode was good.

Also, when the world turned into chocolate, how was no one outside/did anyone not notice it? I would have been shocked.
Jan 10, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2011
Shaft does it again! Totally thought this was another romance/slice of life anime but the action and quirkiness really surprised me. The Yagami sisters fighting those chocolate 'monsters' to save Japan was awesome. Kagami's weapons surprised the most though, boob missiles LOL! Loved the OST that played during the action scenes and dat jazz. :D
Jan 10, 2013 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
Definitely a Shaft anime >.>, been since Arakawa since I've watched one. For me this was just a little too weird, I mean what did I just watch haha? In all seriousness though, I don't think this is my cup of tea sadly : / This wasn't a bad premiere, it just wasn't something I can see myself wanting to tune into. The characters didn't really captivate me and the plot well I've already said but " WTF" is probably best summed up my overall thoughts of this premiere. Akiyuki Shinbo's style sadly isn't enough to keep me hooked for this show at least. Who knows if I see rave reviews later in the season I might pick it up but for now it's dropped.
Jan 10, 2013 5:55 PM

Jun 2012
I absolutely loved this episode.

I had high expectations for the first episode and Shaft exceeded them.

It is only the first episode but I am very impressed.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 10, 2013 6:07 PM

Nov 2011
That was so fucking weird, and I say that in the best way possible. Love the watercolor backgrounds, love the complete oddness. Love the horrible singing in the ED. I am never going to know what to expect from this show and that's a very good thing.
Jan 10, 2013 6:10 PM

Oct 2010
thenube74 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I want to write this and like start stuff about it now. Before I forget.

IMO Sasami's computer has the powers of:
http://myanimelist.net/character/251/Haruhi_Suzumiya
where the computer itself project Sasami's desires. Most likely linked to her brother and in this case the chocolate IMO was somewhat of love desire for her brother perhaps? Just guessing here but yeah that computer can make anything out into reality. Thinking of it as:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanorobots
with lots of them changing all around suddenly.

Anyone else thinks of Sasami's computer as something like that?

and btw what's up with people saying this show sucks just based on the first ep c'mon now
Then WTF is that program and computer thing of Sasami before the chocolate comes?
Vanisher said:
thenube74 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

where the computer itself project Sasami's desires. Most likely linked to her brother and in this case the chocolate IMO was somewhat of love desire for her brother perhaps? Just guessing here but yeah that computer can make anything out into reality. Thinking of it as:

and btw what's up with people saying this show sucks just based on the first ep c'mon now

A first ep that sucked, and i really doubt it's gonna change.

Also i guess people that care about this shit won't like your spoiler.
The style and setup might not be for all sadly. That is see able from how people react.
Yumekichi11Jan 10, 2013 6:19 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
This anime is incredible.

Chocolate, frog girl, incestuous love and Boob rocket launchers.

The opening was also good.

1000/5
DarkjollyJan 10, 2013 6:15 PM
Jan 10, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2011
Nice Haruhi reference, lol. I'm surprised no one has brought up that dance yet.

It's different from the usual so I will at least have that much to enjoy. Let's hope for a better followup on this setting.
Jan 10, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
thenube74 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Then WTF is that program and computer thing of Sasami before the chocolate comes?
Vanisher said:
thenube74 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

A first ep that sucked, and i really doubt it's gonna change.

Also i guess people that care about this shit won't like your spoiler.
The style and setup might not be for all sadly. That is see able from how people react.

the novel wasn't fully translated so i've no idea, sorry.
Jan 10, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
FastWheels said:
Yumekichi11 said:
About Sasami’s fan service, when she appeared in the following,

I would have devoured her. It was sexually enticing.

Her ass is perfect for its size. Makes you want to bang it. Chest is also not big so perfectly normalized.

Rest of the thoughts follow in my club.

oh god what the fuck am i reading

LMAO. sounds like some weird advertisement from some creepy church priest.
Jan 10, 2013 6:33 PM

Feb 2008
I guess this is a parody? There were some interesting elements used, especially as regards the visuals and soundtrack, but there isn't enough substance here to make it more than just a decent, quirky anime. None of the characters seem very appealing either. We'll see.
Jan 10, 2013 6:36 PM

Oct 2011
Loved this - instantly favorited sis-con-suitcase-bro-guy.

Fanservice isn't bad like many other anime, and is done for comedy, not to be taken seriously. I love the simple WHAT THE F*CK-ness of it all, coupled with the animation, soundtrack, and voice acting, we've got a contender for AOTS or possibly AOTY.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jan 10, 2013 6:43 PM
Sep 2012
Im extremely confused and amused at this show. The art style is very much pleasant as it is ghastly, same with the OST.

That boob missile totally caught me off guard.
Jan 10, 2013 6:46 PM

Nov 2011
I'm so happy my instincts about this not being a regular romcom turned out to be completely accurate.
Jan 10, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
That was weird. Especially the onii chan. WTF was with the blocked face (i actually kinda liked that aspect)
Jan 10, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
VioLink said:

Needs a version with the actual rockets coming out and maybe firing, then it would've been a perfect gif.

Jan 10, 2013 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
just wow the animation and voice acting is way too good. the storyline is pretty funny but the random shit in the end was like a whole "wtf"
this is my god damn signature.
Jan 10, 2013 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
Sort of like a remake of "Lain", but on very, VERY bad drugs...

The question will be - will we get any characters that we care about at all?
Jan 10, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2011
Dat Brother! Dat Sister! Dose Sisters! Dat Camera! Dat Chocolate! Dat ending theme! Dat ending theme talk!
Jan 10, 2013 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
insert mother of god.jpg well this was quite the surprise honestly had no clue what i watched but i enjoyed it mainly because of that crazy Siscon Bro lol whole episode i was like hmm this feels kinda SHAFT Turns out it was and it makes sense now,second half totally caught me off guard even though i knew this was kinda weird from the start.

Art and music are great but the backgrounds in the room hurt my eyes!
Jan 10, 2013 7:43 PM

Oct 2010
Nickienator said:
Yumekichi11 said:
VioLink said:

Needs a version with the actual rockets coming out and maybe firing, then it would've been a perfect gif.
I know but the point of it was to show how exaggerated sexually comedic wise it is.

However I don't agree with the whole service being comedy. I would say half half is. Well for one bath parts other than the brother were not considered funny by me but for service.

So yeah series is going for comedy with service, not all is like that from its presented.

I am just saying it.

What I do get is most of the service with Shaft is quality in thee end without the explicit too much. I mean so far no details unlike Maken-Ki for example in the whole premise of the studio. So all in all sexy, quality but no, not all for laughs. At least I doubt that one.

Still going by my hunch Shaft needs money and needs support.

I am still looking into their figures. Nothing yet, I can only hope the gain was a fair for the studio. Neko and this are suspected by me of being a good money making for the studio.

Well I am down, there is that Monogatari part coming up and S2 and if this gives it to them along with Neko so beat it I shall say and leave as.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2013 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
SHAFT Delivers? Maybe. Because I enjoyed episode one despite it being all over the place. Something one would expect from them to do something random!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 10, 2013 7:54 PM

Jan 2009
random as fuck but that animation and battle scenes, gonna keep on watching
Jan 10, 2013 7:58 PM

Aug 2011
LOL

Uhhhhhh... uh.......... This was cool.
Jan 10, 2013 7:59 PM
Jul 2012
a show that knows it's not serious and makes sure of it. Shaft does it again. 4/5 first episode.
Jan 10, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Censoring... hopefully it won't be too major in the future episodes. Funny because you can see the uncensored version of her dressing during the ending.

Anyways, completely lol'd at the haruhi dance. The buying chocolate part was hilarious as well.

The chocolate battle was completely unexpected for me. Didn't know there was going to be some action in it.

All the flips in this episode really remind of of Shinobu and Karen from the monogatari series as well.
Jan 10, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2010
I have to say, this is somewhat amusing.
Jan 10, 2013 8:11 PM

Feb 2010
Dafuq did I just watch?

...and why did I enjoy it so much...?
Jan 10, 2013 8:12 PM

Mar 2010
What the hell did i just watch???? and why sasami-san??? WHY -SAN? if she is your sister why -SAN??? i mean with that kind of SISCON why not -CHAN? i won't instantly drop it but i don't know if i'll be able to complete this series, not that i find it that bad, i just don't know if i liked it more than i disliked it LOL...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 10, 2013 8:21 PM
Aug 2012
Amazing. SHAFT can't go wrong.
Jan 10, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
I have no idea wtf I just watched....tit missiles...gonna watch another episode.
Jan 10, 2013 8:27 PM

May 2011
WTF
Jan 10, 2013 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
OMG LOL. SO WEIRD.

I lol'd way too hard when the teacher was doing the hare hare yukai in the library.
Jan 10, 2013 8:34 PM

Jan 2012
Hoppy said:
That second half made me wonder wth I was watching I thought this would be a typical romantic comedy, slice of life, then it turned into an action/magic series.

This, plus, I was really hoping that this anime would've been better. What a let down :/ Even the arts not that good. And why couldn't the brother have a face??

Didn't really enjoy it, but I'll still give it a chance~ 2/5

Jan 10, 2013 8:40 PM

Aug 2010
Shaft.

ILU SHAFT.
Jan 10, 2013 8:44 PM

Dec 2009
IheartAnime77 said:
Didn't really enjoy it, but I'll still give it a chance~ 2/5
Jan 10, 2013 8:49 PM

Jul 2012
Weird episode. Interesting but weird. Looking forward to more at the very least.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 10, 2013 8:56 PM

Sep 2012
i felt a saikano reference

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2013 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
Ah Shaft stay golden.
Jan 10, 2013 9:19 PM

Jul 2012
The novel just get Shaftizer....And it's gud.
Anime doesn't need to make sense to be entertaining, though I hope we will get some more information in the near eps.
Jan 10, 2013 9:23 PM

Apr 2008
Sasami-san....person suffering from a different drug. I can't even begin to from an opinion on this. I don't even know where to begin. Even the brother/sister thing is just too confusing for it to be perverted, in the classical sense or popular sense. I feel like Sasami is supposed to be some kind of god, stuck in purgatory.
Jan 10, 2013 9:24 PM
Oct 2011
The only thing that I can complain about is the brother's voice. All I can hear is Jiraiya in ero-sennin mode.
Jan 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2009
Shaft likes to troll people.
Haruhi dance ... and a bunch of strange stuffs. I thought it was just slice of life + comedy, but the second half made my guess wrong.

Weirdest thing I've ever watched. Damn Shaft u got me this time
Jan 10, 2013 9:33 PM

Oct 2012
What the hell...

I felt this show is written by an attention deficit hyperactive horny teenager on a sugar rush.

Or at least I felt like one watching it...my head really hurts.
Jan 10, 2013 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
Shaft likes to troll people.
Haruhi dance ... and a bunch of strange stuffs. I thought it was just slice of life + comedy, but the second half made my guess wrong.

Weirdest thing I've ever watched. Damn Shaft u got me this time

For some reason I was suspicious pretty early on. And this isn't the weirdest thing I've ever watched. I think that award still goes to Paranoia Agent.
Jan 10, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2011
What the hell did I just watch... :/ :/

I don't know how to react. I didn't exactly hated it. But it didn't make me laugh, it didn't entertain me.

But I am interested in Sasami, and the sisters.
Why does the brother have an old man's voice??

And please lay off the incest. :/ bleh.

Well I will probably watch the second episode, just in case it will get normal.
Jan 10, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2009
I don't what the fuck was going on in this entire episode.
Just SHAFT being SHAFT.
Jan 10, 2013 10:01 PM
Nov 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Did you noticed the Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate reference ?

Yes, I did. It was absolutely the only thing that made any sense to me. I'm nominating this the WTF Anime of the Season. Ribbit, ribbit, barf.
Jan 10, 2013 10:02 PM

Aug 2012
I admit that I got reeled into this expecting something more normal - but now I'm interested enough to watch a few more episodes. This is mostly because I'd like to know about the world-changing and how the three sisters are involved in it as well. I also hope that there is some reveal of the brothers face or at least a reasonable explanation for why it's hidden. I probably shouldn't get my hopes too high. :D
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

140 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

68 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 14, 2013

79 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 7, 2013

49 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Sasami-san@Ganbaranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 28, 2013

50 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.