Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 15, 2012 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
Somebody put Aomine on the most wanted list for man slaughter

Aug 16, 2012 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
The loss was sad but if losing one game doesn't mean they're out, this is the best to lose but I disliked how Kuroko seemed useless without Kagami. It's admirable that he didn't give up (what he said was so cool!) if only he could do sth and still lose would have been better but it's fine since he's bound to power up now. Go Kuroko! Go!
Aug 17, 2012 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
I'm smelling a second season. I mean they cant finish the rest of the series in only 7 eps, and there is still
2 generation of miracles members have not been revealed in the anime . and if serin played against them each match will take 2-3 episodes.
Aug 19, 2012 9:55 AM
May 2012
Well, the opening has depicted a scene that would probably defeat the Seirin and thinking they were playing against the best of the Generation of Miracles are not so surprising though it is shocking to see a team so united crumble so easily by someone's level of Aomine. Poor Kagami and Kuroko.
Sep 20, 2012 10:10 PM

Feb 2008
Oh god, dem lolmoves. Kuroko's Ki passes didn't help at all. I don't have much against super basketball, but this episode looked too ridiculous. But I guess they play a different basketball with different rules.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 8, 2012 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
That was a nice beat down.
Little unfair for Kakami since he was in a bad situation after his injury but i think that Kuroko's basket is ridiculous and he deserved a beat down really. Just because he has a natural gift of being forgotten doesn't mean that he just has to sit there and not improve his stamina or at least learn to make a lay-up or shoot a few shots.
No one expects he to become all athletic and jump over the head of people but at least learn some basic moves and make your body a little stronger.
Dec 1, 2012 7:42 AM

Sep 2011
*Checks Aomine's VA...*

Now I know why his voice is so familiar to me. Totally arrogant. Facken' Garcher's voice. :O

Dec 15, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2012
bonifide said:
Naw im glad they lost bad. Aomine put Kuroko in his damn place. He always talk about not giving up but yet he didnt improve since middle school. So he should blame himself. He kept doing the same thing over and over he must really thought Aomine was naive.

Episode was good because Aomine put Kuroko in his place. I said it many times but Kurorko need to learn how to dribble and do lay ups until then i will have no respect for him as a basketball player.

The animation on Aomine moves are ok but Buzzer Beater animation with bball moves was a lot better.

They have pretty shitty spirits as a team. Every game they get all scared then all of a sudden they do what all shounens do in fights power up except it didnt work this time. LOL

Anybody that reads the manga can you send me a pm to let me know if Kurorko learns how to do at least basic dribbles or lay ups?

Lol yeah I took a break from this anime but yet again we still think the same
Dec 28, 2012 8:26 PM

Aug 2011
Fiji said:
It's inevitable... but this always happens in sports anime. Our team should lose at least once.

So true!!!
Jan 14, 2013 7:01 PM

Jul 2011
Aomine was just too good, too skilled.. . . . argh

Feb 14, 2013 6:51 AM
Jul 2018

They lost. :c
Feb 16, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2012
Fiji said:
It's inevitable... but this always happens in sports anime. Our team should lose at least once.

Couldn't agree more.

Here comes the part where Seirin starts training even harder to 'strengthen their resolve' and vow to beat the ones who took them down in the future.
Apr 3, 2013 3:50 PM
Dec 2012
I'm really liking Kuroko's Basketball. It is really enjoyable and a great anime indeed.
Even thoguht I don't presonally like Basketball IRL, This is amazingly fun.

And this episode was great :)

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
May 2, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
When they say the name of their special move before doing it.

I lol everytime.
May 10, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
To bad that they lost. But at least the enjoy playing.
May 16, 2013 9:11 AM

Dec 2009
Shame they lost, but it was good that they did.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 20, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2011
Welp, once Kagami was out I knew this was the episode where they'd lose.

What Aomine said to Kuroko was right, he does need to improve. He can't just rely on the same tricks he used in middle school forever. But I'm glad Kuroko told him he'd never give up and I do hope next time they play against them they crush their handsome asses.

Also, Kagami my bb I love u but u need to control ur temper.
Jun 22, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
I have a feeling before that they won't win this game and I was right :(
Jun 24, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2007
Wow so they lost. I half expected Seirin to win with friendship, glad that didn't happen.

Some of Aomine's shots were so ridiculous though geez >_>
Jul 13, 2013 3:07 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, they really got their a**es handed to them. Although you'd be very ignorant to have thought even for a second that they'd win. Can't wait for the rematch now!

Btw, I do have some complaints about the recycling of animations (which has been there throughout the series, but only now it really got to me) and that montage with the opening music at the end. It really killed the mood and took away from the entire thing. They could have done better with this.
~SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY
Jul 22, 2013 8:54 PM

May 2013
I looovvveeee Clutch Time Dark Captain ❤

And it's okay that they lost; even though this anime is unrealistic, we can't expect Seirin to win EVERY game. Plus, Ao-kun isn't known as the ace of the Miracles for nothing~ Seirin will make their comeback for sure >:) Fighting!!!!!
Aug 1, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2012
wow ok aomine is my favorite player, his speed power and inventive moves were super fun to watch. literally dribbled circles around everyone
and that moment when kagami jumped and he was like "yeah yeah you can jump high" and did that ridiculous tilt back and shot--- WHEW FAVE
i love yagami too so i was torn on who to root for, but in retrospect i ended up rating the ep 5/5 for the simple fact that seirin lost. they lost with dignity, but still lost, which is realistic considering their opponent

cant wait for the rematch
Aug 11, 2013 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
Nooooooooooooo.
Aug 23, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
Aomine-kun!!!! *fangirl scream*

Awesome episodes, as well as display of Aomine, Kuroke and the teams skills. I have to say, I really enjoy the relationship between Kise and Midori-san teammates. Aomine's teams relationship is a bit stressed, but that's understandable, with him being so full of himself (LOL) . Looks like Momo has some skills after all.
Sep 18, 2013 6:35 PM

Nov 2012
Aomine making that shot as he was falling backwards.And dat backhanded shot.

Aomine caught Kuroko's ignite pass.

Kagami's injuries his other legs for putting too much pressure on it.So he gets substituted.

Kuroko is determined even though they're so behind which motivates the rest of Seirin.

Seirin lost 112 to 55.
Sep 21, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
They all got butt raped repeatedly.
Oct 19, 2013 1:48 AM

Jan 2013
Too sad
Nov 15, 2013 12:04 PM

May 2013
seirins defeat, while expected, still saddens me
Nov 21, 2013 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
18 episodes , first defeat. You should be proud Seirins.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 22, 2013 12:08 PM

Feb 2011
Wee!Aomine, so cute.

The loss wasn't a waste at all. Aomine got a glimpse of the spirit of Seirin and what they could be. Kagami got stronger despite his injuries. This match is a catalyst for Kuroko and Kagami changing.

Aomine turned arrogant when he realized that no one could beat him, but you know, I think it could also be called a defense mechanism. In the past, it began to hurt when the opponent gave up early and he started to win every game easily, and it wasn't fun anymore.

Now he's long past the point where he would freely let go and have fun against his opponent and struggle a bit. He told Kagami the only reason he wanted to play him was to relieve boredom. It would be too much of a let down if he had any hope and it turned out to be the same as what happened in the past.

And I really wonder how he feels about Kuroko leaving and finding a new light. By the time Kuroko left, their partnership had already broken down because of Aomine's change and then the incident later, but he still must have felt something. Which he did say that Kagami's light was too dim for Kuroko.

It wasn't his partnership with Kuroko that disappointed him, and he doesn't see Kuroko as weak, so I think it's pretty telling that Aomine's arrogance doesn't stem from finding everyone weak, but from more personal feelings, such as not having fun anymore with something he loved. But I do think Aomine was already a bit arrogant from the beginning, but at least it was more tempered in the past.

Wonder what kind of team Teikou would have been if the ace had been able to lead them into a more team-play style...

[/meta] orz
眠れないのは君のせい
Mar 9, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2013
I have to say, I'm genuinely surprised they lost the game. I assumed they'd just keep going from match to match, learning to overcome each challenge as it came. Nothing that preceded this hinted this would happen, and the way the episode kept emphasizing how the team had spirit and wouldn't give up made me expect that they'd come up with some clever strategy to beat Aomine.

I'm glad they lost. It's good for the plot, and good for the characters. It's also good to know that this series is willing to let the main team lose, something that is absolutely necessary for any sports anime/manga.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 20, 2014 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
Another great reason to love this anime... it's not gonna be an overpowered team winning all matches. They got a good beating because let's face it: that's the only realistic scenario here. Still the fact that they kept on trying must've motivated Aomine even more ? I get the feeling revenge will come in S2
Mar 26, 2014 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
Aomine is op pls nerf
Aug 4, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
Geez, that was so friggin' intense, i'm speechless now... this episode probably the most intense episode in this season
Aug 7, 2014 6:40 AM

Apr 2010
This is ridiculous! Aomine is like a one-man-team. Man, this is sad.
Aug 30, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2009
Aomine OP. At least the score was not tripled.
Oct 6, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't really thought they lost the game.... Well the enemies team was strong enough to them....
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 19, 2014 12:04 PM
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. Aomine's basketball is beautiful. :)
Jan 30, 2015 8:08 AM

May 2013
Kagami managed to stop Kise and Midorima, but he is still far from ever stopping Aomine alone.
And Seirin decides to bring Kuroko back into the game.
But that doesn't really have an effect because Aomine can catch Kuroko's Ignite Pass.

Damn, Aomine can 1v5. But that won't stop Kagami from radiating rage.
That also won't make Kuroko give up.
But sadly, the montage ends with 112 to 55, in favor of Touou.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 27, 2015 2:35 PM

Nov 2014
Damn Seirin got wrecked...poor Kagami all that rage he had :(

But Aomine is awesome he is such a beast!!!
Jun 7, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2014
Ayyyyyy
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 29, 2015 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
Another awesome episode.
The first half of the episode was just sugoi.
Well, they couldn't win that game... Loved how they never gave up though *.*
Next episode seems interesting; new characters making apearences
Sep 28, 2015 3:11 AM
Dec 2011
oh..... boy...but i agree with aomine on one thing "why does people call kuroko a shadow??? huh??? i mean he is more than that he is powerful player a necessary special player,kuroko is epic and unique one of a kind "

but worse is kuroko agrees with this statement and label which i didn't like its like he admits what everyone is saying and accepting that this is all i can be!!! why kuroko you are amazing its like kuroko don't even know how great he can be and the generation of miracles think the same way but not aomine because aomine is been the closest to kuroko i really hope kuroko open his mind about himself and try new things. its like kuroko never give up on basketball but he gave up on his skills something is definitely missing that was one of the causes to the seirin loss :3

please kuroko your great realize it and give your skill a second chance :3
Nov 16, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2015
That was a pretty heart-breaking ep, I liked how they never gave up though. Kuroko seemed really affected by how Aomine treated him, I'm curious to see how both those characters plus Kagami develop after this game...
Dec 13, 2015 8:58 AM

Feb 2014
Holy shit, they got destroyed!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Dec 21, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Well, after expecting them to win or for them to at least show the whole game properly the episode ended with some lame montage of them getting beaten.

I did not like that montage, it ruined the episode I thought.

Aomine was awesome though. Much better than Seirin's team.
Feb 20, 2016 2:49 PM

Sep 2012
After everything that had been said about Aomine and how his team kicked Seirin's ass by themselves on the first rounds, they HAD to loose. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. And I hope they will loose other times instead of becoming an OP team.

I'm reeeeally looking forward for a development of Aomine and Kuroko's friendship.

And oh man, sometimes Kagami is too much for me.

Ooooh and I love how the story still cherishes the other players, Hyuga for example.
Feb 25, 2016 5:02 AM

Apr 2015
To be honest, I didn't like the montage that much. I think they could do a lot better than that. Seirin really got destroyed, with them scoring only 55 points while Touou scored 112 points. It's kind of nice to see Seirin lose. Not that I dislike them or anything, it's just that it gets boring after a while when they keep on winning because of some miracle or something, just like many shounen anime out there.

I mostly enjoyed the episode, but the preview is what made me really excited. I'm glad Teppei will make an appearance in the next episode!

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 6, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
112-55.... that point difference~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.