Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2012 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He doesn't want to ride it anymore.

The truth behind the islanders not liking green hair girl and her son, (for the existence), and some of those guys the boy met were the kid of islanders who "discriminated" him!

The memory confirms that she's Eureka, and that green bracelet was given.

ED... so so.
sakaApr 30, 2012 1:46 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 26, 2012 2:33 PM

Nov 2011
Well, looks like trouble is on the loose this episode:

So, Ao gets some tough love...and it is pretty much a given now that Eureka is indeed his mother:

Oh shit:

Great mecha action @ the end of this episode. (even if it was a bit short)

Stark700Apr 26, 2012 11:20 PM
Apr 26, 2012 6:37 PM
Apr 2011
Ao has more balls than Renton.
Apr 26, 2012 7:17 PM
Oct 2010
awww wtf it didnt come up when i updated my list and i created one :l

good ep. pretty fast development wtih him getting to fight, guess thats kind of a given though. his house being burned down was sad :( hope to get more eureka backstory. shes just as cute with her dyed hair too
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 26, 2012 7:44 PM

Feb 2012
I see Eureka Seven creators are still naming each individual episode after different songs. Born Slippy, Call It What You Want, Still Fighting. Next one is titled Walk This Way.
Apr 26, 2012 8:10 PM

May 2011
Some good development here. What Gazelle said about laying the blame on someone made a lot of sense, not going to win independence with methods like that. Hopefully this series will one day match up to the last series, I can still see it's potential.

Lmao, I was a little thrown off by the error, I saw one other person in the other ep 3 discussion and thought everyone was just dropping this series. XD
-Kenshin-Apr 26, 2012 8:18 PM
Apr 26, 2012 9:13 PM

Apr 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Was that really eureka? If it was her, then why did her hair change to brown?
Apr 26, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2008
I could literally not be happier with the way this series is turning out; at this rate, it'll end up being my favorite among such a strong season of contenders. It may have a bunch of different people working on it from the first, but they certainly know what they're doing, and while knowing what made the first series great, seem to simultaneously be avoiding its pitfalls. This is what sequels should aspire to be.
Apr 26, 2012 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
Oh dang, Eureka.

I'm so glad Ao's personality is so much stronger than Renton (at the beginning of the anime).
Apr 26, 2012 9:55 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode!
The music with the flashbacks great!
What bothers me is that nothing has being mentioned about Renton in the flashbacks nor in the pictures, I guess he is dead or something... Ao hasn't said anything related to Renton so I suppose since the corals are back he is MIA...
Apr 26, 2012 9:58 PM

Oct 2011
Weird... this episode makes make think Eureka isn't the mother, or maybe that it's a close relative of hers or something...
Just hope we get some Renton action thrown here somewhere. xD
Apr 26, 2012 10:14 PM

Jan 2012
Looking forward to seeing this fight, this has the same thrills and edge-of-seat-cliffhangers as it's predecessor.
Apr 26, 2012 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
WiredLife said:
Great episode!
The music with the flashbacks great!
What bothers me is that nothing has being mentioned about Renton in the flashbacks nor in the pictures, I guess he is dead or something... Ao hasn't said anything related to Renton so I suppose since the corals are back he is MIA...

Why are people expecting such a reveal so early on? When we finally get to learning more about Eureka, or even meet her, I'm sure that's when we'll learn about Renton; just don't expect that reveal terribly soon.

The more certain I am that this is in a separate dimension, the more I believe Renton got left behind in the "original", with Eureka somehow being forcefully seperated (hence, the falling from the sky). This is damned sad too, considering how much he and Eureka love each other -- I'm holding out for a reunion, but I can't help but think that things look grim.
DangerrApr 26, 2012 10:20 PM
Apr 26, 2012 10:36 PM

Aug 2011
That Miku cosplay.
Apr 26, 2012 10:45 PM

Aug 2010
Njs_Fluffy said:

It's called hair dye and contact lens. She had to do that to "fit" in with the rest of the islanders.
Apr 26, 2012 10:54 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
Oh dang, Eureka.

I'm so glad Ao's personality is so much stronger than Renton (at the beginning of the anime).

Key word at the beginning; it all depends on how it progresses; because Renton progressed as the series went on, but granted Ao is starting off way better then Renton did.

Can't help but feel bitter at those Eureka flashbacks, keeps on reminding me that something happened to screw up the happy feeling that the prequel's end gave.
Apr 26, 2012 11:49 PM

Oct 2008

HMMMM....
DangerrApr 27, 2012 12:03 AM
Apr 27, 2012 12:00 AM
Oct 2009
Does it explicitly say any where int he anime or manga that Ao's mother is Eureka? Maybe I'm missing something...
Apr 27, 2012 12:06 AM

Oct 2008
PhoenixRoy said:
Does it explicitly say any where int he anime or manga that Ao's mother is Eureka? Maybe I'm missing something...
Explicitly stated? Not yet.

Explicitly implied / flashed back? Kind of a lot.
Apr 27, 2012 12:11 AM
Oct 2009
Don't get me wrong, I kind of want Eureka to be Ao's mother, but at the same time the flash backs aren't doing it for me. And like someone said earlier, it sort of ruins the "happy ending" the original Eureka Seven had.
Apr 27, 2012 1:22 AM

May 2009
Eureka looks great
Apr 27, 2012 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
Ya how Eureka Seven ended and how this sequel is progressing is messing with my mind. There must be a time gap between were the original ended and where this one picks up. I mean Eureka falls from the sky? How or what the hell is going on with that? And still nada info on Renton (and Eureka's for that matter) whereabouts.

I'm still partial to the happy ending of the original but some shit must of gone down to put Eureka in the situation she eventually came into. Lot's of back story to still be found out to say the least.

Eureka does look great as a brunette but just seeing her like that brings a tear to my eye knowing she is forced to "hide" herself. The previous episode of the flashback of her dying her hair was really really sad imo.
Apr 27, 2012 2:08 AM

May 2011
Hmm, all about drama and struggle.

So next ep is about fighting again, can't wait for it!
Apr 27, 2012 3:01 AM

Jan 2009
this reminds me of the pattern of Gundam SEED, every second episode their are more action, and i like that kind of pattern
--> drama episode -> action episode -> drama episode -> action episode -> etc
Apr 27, 2012 3:25 AM

Jun 2010
the last fall in the original... the last pic in the recap ep 51.. the conversation between Renton and Eureka in recap..
and Eureka falling from the sky..
DAFUQ??

and for those who haven't watch the recap ep 51 (new order), watch it now, the sub already come out, and i think the conversation isn't just a normal recap
Apr 27, 2012 3:38 AM

Sep 2010
Dangerr said:

HMMMM....

This has completely puzzled me...
Either Eureka and Rentonare at peace with the secret or they've run outta designs for all of these mechs. LOL....
Apr 27, 2012 3:41 AM

Apr 2008
bunnies said:
Dangerr said:

HMMMM....

This has completely puzzled me...
Either Eureka and Rentonare at peace with the secret or they've run outta designs for all of these mechs. LOL....

Calling it now. Renton is behind the scub Coral returning and the Secret.
Apr 27, 2012 4:28 AM

Dec 2010
i cant wait until we see renton again. i wonder what he will look like and his personality is like.
Apr 27, 2012 4:28 AM

Feb 2012
There it is, this magical feeling that Eureka 7 gave me. I'm loving AO after the first episode kinda bumped me, everything seems perfectly fitting even if we don''t know what the hell is going on.

Eureka 7 did a great job with the soundtrack (there was one OP and ED I didn't like, though) and AO continues with that, I'm loving the OP and ED and I hope the next ones will be as great as these. The preview music in this one is as catchy as Jormungand's for me, I really hope there will be a soundtrack compilation or something like that.
Apr 27, 2012 4:40 AM
Dec 2009
Did anyone catch the Gundam 00 reference's? Kyrie and Allejujah xD

This episode left my hanging~!!
Apr 27, 2012 6:01 AM

Dec 2009
Dangerr said:

HMMMM....

Eureka Seven Ao - The Refboard Strikes Back
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 27, 2012 6:21 AM

May 2011
Holy shit what a terrible episode.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 27, 2012 6:38 AM

Sep 2010
Renton's and Eureka's life must be hard after the happy ending of previous season.... This is like Eureka 7 ~After Story~

5/5
Apr 27, 2012 6:54 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder why they changed the OP...
Apr 27, 2012 6:58 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
T_T .. so Eureka fell down the sky????? WHAT happend to Eureka !! I WANNA KNOW THAT!! And why Renton let it happen whatever happened.. did renton die or what T_T .... i dont care about AO!!! give ep which explains wtf is going on
Apr 27, 2012 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
KingOfNoodles said:
Did anyone catch the Gundam 00 reference's? Kyrie and Allejujah xD

OMG, you made me realize that! I thought of Allelujah but I totally forgot Kyrios!
coincidence, coincidence!

And at this point I don't care about how the prequel doesn't fit in this sequel, I just enjoy watching this sequel for Ao! They will eventually give us an explanation, I don't get why so many people rant on it... >>
Apr 27, 2012 7:53 AM

Oct 2011
Njs_Fluffy said:

It was shown that she dyed it to fit in more on the island and not to cause a ruckus.

Dangerr said:

HMMMM....

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS!?!?! Seems like these new enemies might be largely based off emotional things from Renton and Eureka's past.

Also - to anyone thinking that Eureka STILL might not be the mother:
- She was pregnant when she fell and was rescued.
- She looked after Ao like a mother during every flashback of her that he has.
- Ao called him 'mama' instead of Eureka.
- When he saw hew name in the bracelet, he called her 'mama' again, not Eureka.

Anyway, back to the episode discussion. I'm lovin' the pied piper team, and especially the mortar/anti-air-inspired red IFO. Seems like the next episode will be a bang in more ways than one.

I love how Gazelle is taking up a less-mature, more naive Holland-like role to Ao. They're both learning what they need to do, and learning fromt heir mistakes. I think that this anime is finally one of them that proves that characters don't need to start out complete wimps for them to grow into something. Ao started out great, and he's only getting smarter and more mature as things go on.

Can't wait to see the next episode. I'm now sure that the anime will live up to its sequel.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 27, 2012 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
I way prefer Ao as a protagonist than Renton at the beginning
Apr 27, 2012 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
I'm just so glad to see Eureka again.
Apr 27, 2012 8:46 AM

Apr 2008
This feels abit like Eureka Seven x Strike witches :P

Apr 27, 2012 8:50 AM

Oct 2011
Des said:
This feels abit like Eureka Seven x Strike witches :P

I'd more than love to hear how you came to that conclusion. I don't see panties, an all-female cast, 50's fighter jets as little girls, or excessive amounts of cleavage/lolis.

Lol'd though.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Apr 27, 2012 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
Njs_Fluffy said:

It was shown that she dyed it to fit in more on the island and not to cause a ruckus.

Dangerr said:

HMMMM....

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS!?!?! Seems like these new enemies might be largely based off emotional things from Renton and Eureka's past.

Also - to anyone thinking that Eureka STILL might not be the mother:
- She was pregnant when she fell and was rescued.
- She looked after Ao like a mother during every flashback of her that he has.
- Ao called him 'mama' instead of Eureka.
- When he saw hew name in the bracelet, he called her 'mama' again, not Eureka.

Anyway, back to the episode discussion. I'm lovin' the pied piper team, and especially the mortar/anti-air-inspired red IFO. Seems like the next episode will be a bang in more ways than one.

I love how Gazelle is taking up a less-mature, more naive Holland-like role to Ao. They're both learning what they need to do, and learning fromt heir mistakes. I think that this anime is finally one of them that proves that characters don't need to start out complete wimps for them to grow into something. Ao started out great, and he's only getting smarter and more mature as things go on.

Can't wait to see the next episode. I'm now sure that the anime will live up to its sequel.

Really? was it shown in the manga? Cause i don't remember watching it in the anime.
Apr 27, 2012 10:29 AM
Apr 2012
Still not as good as Ginguiser, but AO's still a good anime all the same.
Apr 27, 2012 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
Well the good news is that we know Eureka was taken by the U.S. military, so there is every chance that she is still alive and able to be rescued. I'm hoping for a return of the entire surviving crew of the Gekko at some point, but we'll see. As to whether Eureka is indeed the mom, she has been added to the character list by MAL as the first supporting character. (not conclusive, but strongly indicative)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 27, 2012 10:56 AM

Oct 2011
Njs_Fluffy said:
Really? was it shown in the manga? Cause i don't remember watching it in the anime.

Re-watch episode 2 - there is a flashback showing her dying her hair.
Apr 27, 2012 12:30 PM

Apr 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
Njs_Fluffy said:

Re-watch episode 2 - there is a flashback showing her dying her hair.

Thanks! I re-watched it :3
Apr 27, 2012 2:56 PM

Oct 2010
This is turning out to be a great 'sequel'

So Naru can't be Holland and Talho's daughter. Well she couldn't be from the beginning since Talho got pregnant way before Renton and Eureka could have kids.

Lot of spirit in this episode.

Hope they answer if this is an alternate dimension, past of future.

5/5
Apr 27, 2012 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
very interesting shame how much hate Ao has to deal with.
Apr 27, 2012 5:27 PM

Apr 2011
I'm a bit worried about all the lolis, the original Eureka was great because there was no fanservice, but now...

Anyway, great episode! :)
Apr 27, 2012 5:34 PM

Dec 2011
Homolust said:
Njs_Fluffy said:

It's called hair dye and contact lens. She had to do that to "fit" in with the rest of the islanders.

exactly!!! in a previous episode it showed her dying her hair to fit in.and as a baby he cried because he did not recognise his mother with brown hair
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.