Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 10, 2008 4:22 PM
Dec 2007
kevin_video said:
Genix said:
I liked this episode! :3
Also for you all that didn't like the fact that Coulbert didn't stayed "dead", was due because the anime is based after a Novel, and in the novel Coulbert never really died.

Why does this NOT surprise me? I hate it when that happens.
That's what happens when the producers don't have any hindsight and just go on a "season by season" approach. They said "Hey, we don't have anything exciting happening yet, so, you know, let's kill this guy and spark things up." and someone else said "but he's not dead in the novel" to which the first replied "it's okay it's okay, he probably isn't THAT important, and we probably won't have to work on a third season anyway". This is what happens when you take too much unrestrained creative license while at the same time pretending to follow the original.

While season 2 had many flaws, one of them being Horny!Saito, it also had a little of a plot to fall back on, and the end slowly reedemed it. Plus, he still showed he cared a little. This season Saito we've had barebones of a plot, many ecchi (including a lot of Yuri), characters like Siesta becoming completely different without any kind of warning, and the two main characters just getting farther and farther apart with no real link between them other than they are Master and familiar. Up to now it's well on it's way of getting a 5 at most, unless the plot that finally surfaced redeems it in some form.

Sep 15, 2008 7:28 PM
Jan 2008
this is a light hearted anime so maybe thats why they didn't want to kill off a character and have a happy ending just like how saito didn't die in season 2. also i think there were some hints that they wanted colbert back when they show how saito thinks back about colbert's dream to travel to saito's world. the rating does says for pg13 and if you don't like it then don't watch it. character hating is just so immature and without new relationship development then the anime would be boring.
Sep 28, 2008 10:30 PM

May 2008
colbert's gettin some action man... lucky guy.

looks like the story is goin somewhere i dont want it to... maybe. ill have to see how it turns out.
Sep 30, 2008 7:48 PM

Jun 2007
louise is daring
to sit like that.
and colbert sensei is back for real
siesta really is dragging this anime down... to be so impressed by the highness and yet think of saito as a possibility...
lol @ louise's bad aiming... i thought it was some kind of snipeshooter xD
kireke and colbert.... what a gap
and they find out about tabitha, and she gets captured, and silpheed cannot do anything
and the princess is worried about saito.... and louise may find out.
deepens the plot
Oct 10, 2008 11:18 PM

Jan 2008
DeathfireD said:
NorthHawk said:
Of course I've already been beaten several times over to saying that the 'fake death spell' they suddenly dropped on us... dumbest excuse ever. :| Maybe if there was some precedence and/or some sort of hint to that being the case... and that everyone's reactions became "lol ok ur not dead" after the first fifteen seconds... but as they did it, my God. :|

Also, not sure why Saito's hiding the truth of the Henrietta kiss from Louise. It's like, what's worse, telling Louise knew Henrietta looked just like her, or letting her think Henrietta was just Henrietta? Stupid stupid Saito.

Kirche's Colbert stalking thing was weird, too. Out of the blue, completely bizarre, no precedent, no reason, nothing. Geez.

And the sword thing's claim that the eyeglass would strip him? Why? Where did that come from? Bizarre.

All in all, a nonsensical, convulted episode beyond what I've even come to expect from the show. The one thing I'll put in for a decent plus is the Henrietta/Saito relationship post-kiss, 'specially on Henrietta's end. It's one thing that's really got my attention. The rest just annoys me.

I agree 100%, my mouth was wide open the whole time trying to make sense of where the hell this series is going. They brought back a dead guy with the lamest excuse and had him build an air ship in secret for no apparent reason at all. Everyone accepts that the dead guy is alive and treats it like it's nothing big. They made the sex driven ho of school fall in love with someone old enough to be her father, someone who she never would have liked in the past two series......It feels like a lot was left out and I can only guess the novel does a way better job of making it all flow together.

Does anyone else feel like they have two different sets of staff making this series right now? One set of staff members that want to have a plot and answer past questions and another that just wants to have pure ecchiness, WTF moments, and to answer things half assed. Because that's exactly how I feel when I started this series and compare it to the past two.

My thoughts exactly~
Couldn't have summed up what was running through my mind better.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Oct 16, 2008 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
Finally, Tabitha's younger sister is next.

What's happening in this series. Looks like the half is just plain senseless and the other half is development? What?!
Oct 23, 2008 5:26 PM

Jun 2007
Kvakond said:
I mean that was the lamest come back/not actually dead scene in television history.

Yeah, pretty much what I thought. They explained how (which was, well, crap) but they didn't explain why. What was the point in all of that? Also, the Colbert and Kirche thing? Even more random than the Henrietta liking Saito thing.
DeathfireD said:
Does anyone else feel like they have two different sets of staff making this series right now? One set of staff members that want to have a plot and answer past questions and another that just wants to have pure ecchiness, WTF moments, and to answer things half assed. Because that's exactly how I feel when I started this series and compare it to the past two.

Indeed.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 14, 2008 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
De-JaY said:
This episode was kinda boring. :/

Plus, Colbert and Kirche. RANDOM SHIT LOLWUUUUT?!

Well I had this series on hold, but I've returned to complete it. I have to finish it sooner or later, at leas this didn't end with an abrupt "SAITOOO DIE DOG", Louise did a responsible thing. Ha, next episode ;__;
Dec 8, 2008 2:45 PM
Jun 2008
angel999 said:

-The ship reminded of Airship from FF

Indeed!
Although I couldn't notice that while I was watching this epi =P

Well, unexpected scene of the love between Colbert and Kirche. This anime is crazy, but it is good.

This episode was interesting, this season is getting to an end... I don't want it! >.<
Feb 8, 2009 1:18 AM

Jul 2008
Not the greatest ZnT episode, and they might as well have left Colbert dead with that explanation for him actually being alive.
Sep 25, 2009 8:29 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I thought Colbert was dead, but the plane that appeared in the earlier episodes should've made it obvious that he's still alive.

Mar 10, 2010 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
Uuchie said:
So Tabitha casted a fake death spell and nobody was told sooner because of a lack of opportunity. That's gotta be the lamest excuse for a plot reversal ever... (-.-) Other than that the ep was nice as usuall.
Apr 17, 2010 11:22 PM

Jul 2007
Argh, just not a fan of Louise. I like Henrietta and Tifa.. I feel bad for Henrietta.

Of course Louise will win in the end, but I can still hope otherwise :-|

This episode was decent. 7/10
iwubanimeApr 17, 2010 11:26 PM
Jan 26, 2011 2:25 PM
Dec 2010
Wow have i seen some maturing in our self-centered spoiled little lady Louise ? i cant believe it somehow. She will definitely screw this in next episode and will continue as my most unsympathized main character from all of 186 Ani-series/movies i've seen :p
kidding i got huge welcoming heart, maybe }:-b
"fufufuffuuf fufu fu"
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 28, 2011 10:37 PM
Mar 2009
Wow...wow...WOW...! Seriously? Fake death spell? That was the lamest shit ever. They really did reset just about everything.

So judging from the preview, I'm guessing Tabitha's sister is the opposite of Tabitha and will somehow join the huge harem of Saito's.
Aug 31, 2011 5:17 PM

Jan 2010
COLBERT WITH KIRCHE? WHAT THE FUCK? Did I just skip a season?
Jan 1, 2012 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
Well the Colbert/Kirche thing was a bit of a surprise (if you didn't spoil yourself by reading the character summaries), but it would explain why Kirche has not been nearly as noticeable since Colbert's "death". My guess would be some of that was nursing him back to health followed by trying to persuade him to return Kirche's affection. In the good old days of aristrocracies it was not unknown for high ranking young women to sow a few wild oats, then get married to a respectable older man and settle down into a life in which they became the enforcers of morality (many a dowager duchess owed her origins to this type of history). Colbert looks unconvinced, but my guess is that Kirche can be amazingly persuasive...

As for Henrietta, they need to get her tied up in a state marriage pretty soon. As a reigning monarch, she can't afford the luxury of marrying for love. Saito's standing as a hero and a newly enobled chevalier makes him a barely possible match for the third daughter of a high ranking family (Louise for instance)--particularly if he eventually is granted a title with attached lands.
rodacJan 1, 2012 1:46 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 11, 2012 10:25 AM
Jan 2012
Now it gets interesting !
Mar 4, 2012 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
welp up until now i can still say the sword Derflinger is still my favorite 'character' lol, everyone else is fucking useless....
Mar 25, 2012 12:05 AM

Sep 2011
Man everyone seems to want a piece of some Saito.
Feb 23, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
lolwut, Colbert is still alive, and apparently Kirche wants some Colbert D. What kind of plot twist is this??

Man, Saito's ass was so saved by the magnifying glass... ended up not revealing what he did to Louise and Siesta xD
Jun 9, 2014 1:40 AM

Oct 2013
ther4e's going to be a cat fight between Louise and the Queen XD
[/quote]
Jun 16, 2014 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
Come on Louise! Don't get NTR by the princess for fuck sake!
Could the princess have made it clearer that she wet her pant when she see Saito. Seriously, even a blind man would see that if it wasn't of Louise, she'd jump on him.

So Kirchedig old men, uh? That's really... odd x)
It creep me out for some reason :P

Damn, Tabitha never catch a break xD
A new elf. Maybe he knows Tiffania somehow?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 7, 2014 12:33 AM

Jan 2014
The queen is an ass.
Dec 1, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
So there wasn't really a good explanation why Colbert's alive... not that anybody seems to care apparently.
Jan 22, 2015 2:06 PM
Jan 2015
First of all, how is Colbert alive.. By some magic stuff? Seems like they regret they aired that episode.. And the way they solved this, was completely ridiculous.. I mean, Kirchie and Colbert..... Really?

Then there's the queen and Saito.. YES!! I'd love to see sparks between them!

And then there's the gigantic airship.. How is it possible to build that in about a week? *Spoiler* It's not.
May 15, 2015 5:27 AM

Mar 2010
Gator said:
So there wasn't really a good explanation why Colbert's alive... not that anybody seems to care apparently.

They did explain it.. Tho doesnt mean it is a great reason but they did explain tabitha saved him with a spell? But how? We saw her there right and i havent seen her cast a spell? @_@ maybe i should rewatch the episode to check if she was doing something or was gone..

Syndrical said:
The queen is an ass.

I agree.. I mean louise and henrietta are best friends right? So is she going to abuse her status and get saito? Hope not.. But it seems like it :( and she got over wales so quickly.. = ruined a great scene as i did felt sad for her back then

bloodiemonster said:
ther4e's going to be a cat fight between Louise and the Queen XD

Yeah most likely going to happen.. Tho maybe not as louise is into the honor and status of nobility thing.. And it means a great deal to her so probably henrietta will get saito? If she is going to be mean that is.. And abuse her status
Apr 3, 2016 11:45 PM

May 2014
Chloe-tsundere said:
Gator said:

They did explain it.. Tho doesnt mean it is a great reason but they did explain tabitha saved him with a spell? But how? We saw her there right and i havent seen her cast a spell? @_@ maybe i should rewatch the episode to check if she was doing something or was gone.

Yeah, I appreciated that they gave a basic reason, but they didn't explain *why* they did it. Why would she have up and decided, seemingly on the spot, to make him appear dead? Unlikely they'll actually explain it, sadly.

Good episode, though.
Apr 4, 2016 12:27 AM

Mar 2010
794 said:
Chloe-tsundere said:

They did explain it.. Tho doesnt mean it is a great reason but they did explain tabitha saved him with a spell? But how? We saw her there right and i havent seen her cast a spell? @_@ maybe i should rewatch the episode to check if she was doing something or was gone.

Yeah, I appreciated that they gave a basic reason, but they didn't explain *why* they did it. Why would she have up and decided, seemingly on the spot, to make him appear dead? Unlikely they'll actually explain it, sadly.

Good episode, though.

Cause shes just smart like that =P and came up with it...?
and yes I doubt it gets explained it is best to read the light novel for that reason :) but if im not mistaken this all happened differently in the LN
May 22, 2016 5:16 AM

Jan 2016
So they Used magic to fake dead/to trick people u are dead… okey then..
Kirche and Colbert getting ecchi, didnt see that one coming did ya xD

WTF "..a Item the drips a man of everything!?" lmao As i said, Shit is getting interesting now O.O Quite an episode. Still trust issues with Louise an Saito tho, :/ well thats gonna keep on forever..(i hope not)

Shit is about to happend i can tell
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 31, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
"Welcome back , Colbert-sensei." I guess I'm glad ~ .
"Weird vibes are leaping out." I'd actually like this kind of relationship ~ .
So Miss Zelpusto's substitute is Tiffania .. fair enough ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2014
LensFlaredAway said:
Kvakond said:
This episode was from the better ones so far, but still weak, like this whole season. I mean that was the lamest come back/not actually dead scene in television history.

I (used to?) love this show and had real high hopes for Princess no Rondo...Ehh

+1 on on agreement. This show is just begging me to bump it down to an 8 or possibly 7. T_T

Make that +2 for me as I agree with you and the OP of this post.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Sep 5, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
Looks like the final arc is kicking in. Not a moment too soon. The affair of misunderstandings is/was starting to wear thin.
Sep 5, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
Looks like the final arc is kicking in. Not a moment too soon. The affair of misunderstandings is/was starting to wear thin.
Sep 9, 2018 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
If I could give this anime a score of under 1, I would.

Fucking bullshit, dead characters being raised like it's nothing.
Aug 14, 2019 10:53 AM
Jan 2018
where did the kirche and colburt thing come from .... well she is 18
Dec 6, 2019 3:00 AM

Jun 2017
Looks like Colbert didn't really die that day, it was just a fake. Anyway, seems like Saito is in a predicament, the Queen looks like she's really in love with Saito... ah man..
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Nov 2016
Glad to have Colbert back lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2021 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
Plenty of funny scenes this episode especially Kirche + Colbert. lol

I vouch for Henrietta if she's part of the game too. She and Saito are a good match IMO.
Nov 23, 2021 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
Since when was Zerbst in love with the baldie again? I don't recall much from last season tbh.
Feb 1, 2023 10:11 PM
Jan 2023
colbet that crazy old man!
Nov 29, 2023 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
I dont know what to think about this reveal, I do like Colbert and have been wondering what Kirche has been up to.. but if Im honest this doesnt sit right with me, it just weirds me out. Not even mentioning the Kirche x Colbert pairing of all things.
It just ruins his death in S2 for no real reason.
This is such a stupid retcon I originally thought he would be revealed to be his (twin) brother.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Censored_Vagina - Aug 10, 2008

82 by LadyLeeMing »»
Mar 15, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

218 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

64 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 3, 2008

113 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kouma_Kun - Jul 27, 2008

151 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 27, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.