Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2008 8:27 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode Summary:

-Love potion gimmick (again?)
-Naked apron
-More girl on girl action than any yuri anime you can name
-Some Benny Hill chase scenes
-Tifannia's magic is special, if you couldn't guess already, cures all the girls in time for Louise to realize her panties are missing
-Plot shows up, and flys off into the next episode

This is a fun episode, though the way they've chosen to censor some scenes in this season is extremely annoying. Covering the back of Siesta's naked apron with a massive white airbrush is distracting and cheap. This kind of "buy the DVDs!!!" censorship is getting worse lately, making some shows nearly unwatchable in TV format.
Aug 10, 2008 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
I just saw this RAW. Oh man! THIS IS CRAZY! Yuri festival???? There must be at least like 6 to 8 kissing scenes of girl x girl. O_o O_o WTH? Ecchi Galore is the only explanation and the paintbrush thing, yeah like the guy with the first post says, just so that YOU GO BUY THE DVD.

Then again a lot of people will to add to the collection so I really do not think it's bothersome considering RAWs of it will most likely be released of the DVD. Love potion gimmick??? Yeah and no. Yeah--> cause the idea is the same, No---> cause it was something that was not a duplicate: love potion is liquid and this is powder+it is spreadable. Siesta FAN SERVICE BRIM! Cause I swear it was not this intense with her till now. Mr. Tres Bien is always LOL LOL LOL!
FOR EVERYONES INFORMATION TIFFA'S MAGIC IN THIS ONE IS THE WIND ELEMENT WITH THE LIGHT ELEMENT COMBINED FOR WHAT IS KNOWN AS A HEALING WIND TYPE MAGIC.Its use is obviously to heal all who are engulfed in it but also to kill off bad spirits caught in it. It's obvious that Tiffa has healing magic that is for the most mroe ancient than the current magic teachings.
The plot continues with Tabitha at the end! Something is going to happen finally!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 11, 2008 1:19 AM

Aug 2008
Well actually in the novel , Louise and Siesta, on the bed , daubed cream on each other's naked body and helped one another lick it clean, ,,when Saito is hiding under the bed and hearing the sound made by their tongues……
Aug 11, 2008 1:17 PM

Apr 2008
<.<;
this is getting ridiculous.

im gonna draw a random plot out of a hat and send it in to the producers for next weeks script.... -.-*
Aug 11, 2008 2:19 PM

Oct 2007
omg, this was almost as much yuri as in Mnemosyne. x_X
Aug 11, 2008 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
hehe too bad it wasnt an OVA. well im not so interested in the plot as i am with just basic development. its only 13 episode and were at the 6th with no real progression. i bet they are gonna make another season after this. boy do they have a lot of time in their hands.
Aug 11, 2008 6:16 PM

Jun 2008
filler + elf + boobs + yuri + magic + potato = Zero no Tsukaima Princess no Rondo
we really need some serious plot development!! -.-
Aug 11, 2008 7:11 PM

Sep 2007
I have to say I laughed really hard during the whole episode... for the first time in that season

Aug 11, 2008 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
Pfft! Plot Lines? Who needs them? Tifa's magic and the letter, both at the end of the show is all we got. The rest was fluff,... Ok, Very fun fluff!
Aug 11, 2008 8:22 PM

Oct 2007
So the yuri was nice I guess (even though it was basically recycled gags from season 1). And it was cool seeing Tifa do some magic, but it'd be even nicer if they planned to pick up the storyline sometime soon. They've basically thrown away the last 3 or 4 episodes. I like season 3 Saito way more than season 2 Saito, but besides that this season's been pretty uninteresting.
Aug 11, 2008 8:44 PM
May 2008
I thought this episode was pretty funny, even though it is the usual love potion situation once again. Most viewers would enjoy this episode, especially if you are a yuri fan or just there to have a few laughs. It was pretty cool to see Tiffania used her special kind of magic also. To viewers that like Tabitha, she is certainly getting a lot of spotlight in this third season. The scene with the letter was interesting and certainly brings out a good setting to future episodes. Looks like the plot is definitely going to get serious now. :)
Aug 11, 2008 8:45 PM

May 2008
The only thing that bugged me was that Siesta was already naked under the apron; she really didn't need a love potion after that now did she?
Aug 11, 2008 9:03 PM

Dec 2007
even though the ep was random i enjoyed it n laugh alot
Aug 11, 2008 11:03 PM

Jan 2008
Tabitha is working for her?
Aug 12, 2008 12:14 AM

Mar 2008
Although it was a funny episode, I still boo at the love potion being used a second time.
Aug 12, 2008 2:10 AM

Aug 2007
kisami said:
hehe too bad it wasnt an OVA. well im not so interested in the plot as i am with just basic development. its only 13 episode and were at the 6th with no real progression. i bet they are gonna make another season after this. boy do they have a lot of time in their hands.

I too believe that they are going to have another season. I don't read the visual novel, though do believe that there are around 13 volumes and it's still ongoing. So I believe that this anime may have more seasons to come. Still I guess this was a Siesta episode in Saito's harem. Overall good yuri episode. and too much censorship.
Aug 12, 2008 2:35 AM

Jan 2008
dont remember a love potion being used before then ago i watched first and second season when second season ended.

also u gotta luv how no one was subbing it before now 3 groups are subbing
Aug 12, 2008 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
This ep. is kinda funny... but i dont really like the yuri scenes..
the most finniest scene for me is when Saito accidentally kicked that masculine gay..

Aug 12, 2008 5:00 AM

Jan 2008
Oh look. Siesta's got such a shiny skin complexion on her backside that the cameras can't properly shoot her ass. Good grief is this "buy the DVDs and you'll get properly fanserviced" junk getting old.

Yeah...I was bored by today's episode, minus Siesta's seducing of Saito and him failing to compose himself. And of course Tabitha's going to find him for Louise as their relationship and he's treated, really has nothing to do with her. I did like how Saito was able to read Louise's lips about how she'd kill him if he got closer to Siesta. I guess they've used up all the storyline that they could that they had to re-use the love potion story again, and this time add more fanservice than was necessary. -_- I kept waiting for the Simpsons' Comic Book Guy to come in and do various quotes about when and how this was like the previous episode where they used the love potion in the first season. You know, like he did about Bart's pony and Lisa's pony? At least we got to see Tiffa's magic, and a bit of plot development through the letter Tabitha received.

All-in-all, I'm not expecting much from this season other than edited fanservice that no one will be able to enjoy fully until the DVDs come out. I too think that this series is just going to continue on forever. Oh well, at least it's only 13 episodes, and not 24 or 26.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 12, 2008 9:21 AM

Apr 2008
Sigh, maybe they shouldn't have made Saito a familiar again. The show was much more interesting back when Louise couldn't throw out "I'm the master he's the familiar" to any and every problem that popped up. u.u We were getting some real and interesting relationship stuffs for a bit, you know? So soon back to same-old, same-old, and this episode really highlighted that in the beginning.

Bulk of the episode: Faaaan serviiiice. It'd be fine if they hadn't set us up for an interesting plot early on, then completely ignored it in favor of the stuff for ages. Props to Saito for actually trying to find a way out of his erotic situation and back to his own room, though. Nice to see him not completely subservient to his physical desires in this season.

Ending of the episode: Woot, looks like we're finally getting somewhere! And with Tabitha, too! Oh, Tabitha, the show needs more of you.

Next episode preview: Maybe not so much? Saito/Louise relationship development, maybe? You know, until something completely random and stupid happens and we're back to square one, as always. Sigh. u.u

This is getting dangerously close to being dropped, personally speaking.
Aug 12, 2008 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
That was a boring episode. The only good part was, when Saito read "I'm gonna kill you." from Louise's lips.
Aug 12, 2008 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like the actual plot of this season is going to begin, yay.

Not to mention how lovely the yuri was.
Aug 12, 2008 2:34 PM

Jul 2007
The whole scene with Siesta's uncle was great, and it was a good thing he was properly neutralized before he could actually kiss Saito. That would be something that would definitely ruin the ep's mood for me XD
Aug 12, 2008 4:16 PM

Aug 2008
*Facepalm.*
The fanservice...not working on me. Next episode better be good, or I'm just gonna wait for it to finish, and ask a friend to tell me what happened....It looks like it has potential, though. Who else feels like the actual 'plot' is gonna be weak? We're 6 episodes in, out of 13, and there's been VERY little plot development. I feel another season, with this one leaving loose ends.
TZShadowAug 12, 2008 4:58 PM
Aug 12, 2008 7:18 PM

May 2008
Funny episode
Aug 12, 2008 10:06 PM

May 2008
RUH ROH, we're running out of ideas guys. What should we do?

Let's have a love potion episode!
We've already done that before jackass.

15 minutes of silence later
Alright, we'll go with the love potion idea.
Aug 13, 2008 4:04 PM
Oct 2007
This is even worse than episode 5, seriously. At least at the end of the episode there was something new but they wasted 15 minutes of my time with stupid kissing scenes. This will probably continue in the last half of the season--fluff for 15 minutes, development for less than 5 minutes, there you go and wait for the last 2 episodes for a conclusion or maybe another cliffhanger will be thrown in to drag on to a season 4 ... yay, not. I loved ZnT, what the heck happened!
Aug 13, 2008 6:04 PM

Aug 2007
Pretty funny. Saito's reactions to the sexyness was hilarious..

zomg some plot at the end? ..

tolkki said:

nice..haha
Aug 14, 2008 12:07 AM

Jul 2008
Please insert all my disappointed comments referencing episode 5 here.

Once again, breast worship. Although the plot got a whole 2 minute slot squeezed in the end like an after thought.

The only really amusing part in this episode was the line Tabitha got half way through.

I have a friend who just finished watching S1 and is planning to watch S2. I currently don't see a reason to recommend S3.

On the bright side, Saito almost maintained some morals. Although he did go back to continue eating the meal. Please grow a backbone, anyone who fights an army 70K to 1 has no need to bow to anyone, familiar or otherwise!
Kind regards
Sidoen

Aug 14, 2008 12:12 PM
Apr 2008
Hmm, not sure about Season 3 ATM!

C'mon, the end of S2 nearly made me cry, and now I'm reduced to watching censored backsides? WTF? *Facepalm*

Hurry and come fouth, oh mighty plot. The only funny part was when Louise mouthed 'Get any closer and I'll kill you". Heh.
Aug 14, 2008 3:52 PM

Oct 2007
It's getting so hard to make myself watch this now. It just keeps getting worse for me, I hate shows when they show no relationship development or even character development. It's the same stuff for 15 minutes; the guy almost gets to look at some girls body, and then the annoying girl walks in last second and blows stuff up. You can't have the same thing for 3 whole series...can you?

They have both said they love each other (although whats her face has only said it once out of all 3? And can't even say it around other people...) They got married...in their own way...and in the first episode almost had sex. Not to mention that he DIED for her, yet there relationship and understanding have gotten no where. If someone literally dies for you and comes back somehow, why would you treat them the same way as before, not on the same level or anything? Same talk of familiar this and master that. It feels like a tom and jerry cartoon anime style. They never confront each other at all. I love romancy and tearjerking plots. But this series just doesn't seem to have one at all, aside from the whole war thing.

I'll go on...somehow...I have yet to drop a series that I'v started from the first episode...that's the end of my rant.
Aug 14, 2008 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
Well I'm with you on the never drop a series thing, it's rule.
Kind regards
Sidoen

Aug 15, 2008 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, well I was pleasantly surprised with this episode. This first half was a bit slow, but things got fun once the love medicine effect started spreading. I personally think they did a good job with the pacing and making it funny. I found my self laughing a few times, especially with Louises' "I'm going to kill you". The odd thing is that after all that yuri and kissing, the scene at the very end makes a hard pivot back to the main story by having Tiffania reveal/use her forgetting magic , wich I believe would be "void" magic, and by having Sheffield reappear and offer Tabitha the chance to restore her mother’s mind. It all seemed rather sudden, but I can’t complain too much because I’ve been waiting for them to get back to the actual plot.

&& in other news, Siesta has one shiny butt, ;)
Aug 16, 2008 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
Ecchi and Funny :D
I'am starting to like these "light-novels" more and more each time :P
Aug 16, 2008 11:56 PM
Aug 2008
TZShadow said:
*Facepalm.*
The fanservice...not working on me.

I agree. The fan service did not interest me.

The amnesia aspect of Tiffania's magic was particularly lame.

An important part of Louise's psychology was that she was sexually inexperienced. Therefore every bit of intimacy with Saito had to be very slowly reached. Fair enough -- that can make a decent story.

But I hate it when authors give their virgins some sexual experience, then pull a deus-ex-machina amnesia so that they're still psychologically inexperienced for the next show.

For that matter, Louise can cast a void-blast at will. There should have been better reasoning as to why she didn't just zap the first blonde (Montmorency?) before she got close enough to kiss.

Is this show such an advertising cash-cow that they're not willing to do anything that might advance the plot and bring the story to a close? Because ... yuck.
Aug 17, 2008 12:34 AM
Aug 2008
KonW said:
Well actually in the novel , Louise and Siesta, on the bed , daubed cream on each other's naked body and helped one another lick it clean, ,,when Saito is hiding under the bed and hearing the sound made by their tongues……

That would be a great setup for drama, but only if there were no amnesia, and both of them had to remember it. It would also be a good confrontation point: Saito might either go voyeur or else simply come out from under the bed.

A lot of good romance stories have a drama moment where the leads have to say to each other, "Yes, we've had sex with someone else, and now we have to figure out where our relationship is going." That can make a good drama, or at least a melodrama.

When every titillating moment is reduced to a fetish fantasy, it kills suspension of disbelief. Viewers like me say to themselves, "This is not so much a story as a series of advertisements for different fetish cliches."
Aug 17, 2008 4:44 AM

Mar 2008
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2008 4:46 AM

Mar 2008

tolkki said:

LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2008 1:42 AM
Oct 2007
Plot? What's that?

Man, this episode was fail. I'm sure it would have been better if it somehow fit in with the plot....but technically there hasn't been one for this series so it sort of does.
Except there's the "other" void user, seems that's been forgotten about so they can make with teh funny.

EDIT: Okay, not COMPLETE fail; the "I'll Kill You" through the window bit was piss funny. Everything else though was extremely disappointing.
Mikhael04Aug 19, 2008 1:46 AM
Aug 19, 2008 3:40 PM
May 2008
I'm gonna 3rd(or 4th?) the "I'll kill you" being the best part. I do think Scarron is hilarious but him being in the episode is usually a sure sign of no plot.
Aug 23, 2008 2:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well at least the second half was somewhat funny. ZnT isn't what it used to be.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 24, 2008 2:47 AM

Jun 2008
swear there was a love potion episode in the first series >_>

decent episode, wish they'd progress the plot already though
Aug 24, 2008 6:42 AM

Feb 2008
What an Yuri filled episode. D:
It was average.
Aug 25, 2008 11:18 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
Well at least the second half was somewhat funny. ZnT isn't what it used to be.

True to the bone D: It's losing the aura that got me hooked onto Louise as much as in S1... tho the yuri scenes were somewhat entertaining.

The only one that caught my interest was when chibi louise popped out using shana-tan's voice :D
Aug 25, 2008 2:28 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
noelhoi said:
The only one that caught my interest was when chibi louise popped out using shana-tan's voice :D

Oh yes, I totally forgot to mention that. The little Devil Louise was the highlight of the episode. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 25, 2008 8:29 PM

Jan 2008
Episode was lame. Only mildly entertaining.
cyruz said:
ZnT isn't what it used to be.
QFT.
Aug 26, 2008 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
love potion shouldn't of been used again but the yuri was amusing. poor siesta she's giving it her all and it just doesn't work, how can saito put up with that annoying little louise who does nothing but beat him or use explosions on him? the best part was saito taking down Scarron.
Sep 28, 2008 12:03 PM

May 2008
wow, the yuri... whats the plot of this show again? :P

but really, i did enjoy this episode. very funny
Sep 30, 2008 7:41 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
noelhoi said:

Oh yes, I totally forgot to mention that. The little Devil Louise was the highlight of the episode. xD

awesome part indeed xD
umm... highlight on yuri.... wow, znt is turning into a monster...
not that i disliked it...
naked apron siesta with thighhighs..... .... *nosebleed*
bad censoring.
more love potions...
lol @ saito's reactions xD at least he is somewhat loyal now
i gotta admit, montmorency and that blond girl make a good pair
at least we got to see some good magic.
and tabitha again.
Oct 2, 2008 6:11 AM

Feb 2008
What's happening to ZnT? Haha! It finished half the season and we just got a plot of Saito becoming a knight, a new rival appears that has something connected to Tabitha *looks like her father*, and an elf with big boobs that can also use void magic.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

218 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

64 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 25, 2008

91 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 3, 2008

113 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kouma_Kun - Jul 27, 2008

151 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 27, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.