Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2011 7:25 AM

Nov 2008
sayami said:
Cuteness overload in this episode and now I'm sad it ended. I would be really happy if it'd get a sequel though~ I want more Yune x Claude

This ending made me so happy, because it had so much Claude x Yune. I love those two together!!!

I wish these particular scene had happened in the anime though, it seemed much better..
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Sep 22, 2011 3:53 PM
Jun 2011
I will miss this show so badly >:
Sep 22, 2011 6:05 PM

Jan 2010
What a sweet, wonderful series. These last few episodes were especially good, I thought. It was nice to learn more about the main characters, and I hope for more of this series in the future! May have to check out the manga, at least.

My full thoughts on the last few episodes are posted here on my blog.
Sep 24, 2011 2:32 AM

Mar 2009
Second best anime of the summer season, right behind Usagi Drop.

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is a perfect example of an anime with moe elements, yet has a lot of depth to it. Sure, Yune is adorable and moe, but there's so much more to her character. On top of that, we have an anime that is rich in subtle characterization, and wonderfully explores cultural differences. Add to this the atmosphere, heightened by the relaxing music and setting, and you've got yourself a quality anime. And let's not forget how heartwarming it is, most importantly of all.

Even Claude, slightly annoying(HOW COULD ANYONE BE MEAN TO YUNE?!) though he may be thanks to his bitter, angry, and resentful feelings, is actually kind of a realistic character. And as the show progresses, we come to understand the reasons why he is like he is.

Anyway, second season please! 8/10
Sep 24, 2011 8:09 AM
Dec 2007
I am not really sure why so many people are complaining that so many threads are left hanging.

Of course because the manga is unfinished. So either the anime could just make their own conclusion for all those stories (which I personally would have hated) or we can hope for a second season once there are enough chapters of the manga. And if there is no second season well there is always the manga to find out:

More about Claude & Camille
If Claude gets back Yune's Kimono
And all the other things people want resolved.

Well anyways the episode was perfect for me (although I would have liked to see the Grand Magasin chapter animated as well). This series gets a 9/10 from me and it's my favorite of 2011 so far. Just very heartwarming with a very humanistic message which I love.
Sep 24, 2011 9:52 AM

Aug 2011
It was a beautiful ending !
She's now a part of the gallery Duroy family and everyone knows her :)
Sep 24, 2011 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
Cute heartwarming episode, I'm glad she didnt die omg o_O Claude's expression when she fell was quite worrying O_O;
this episode oozes Claude x Yune at the end X3
Awesome slice of life anime with great character development, 9/10 from me despite several loose ends.
Sep 25, 2011 9:51 AM

Aug 2009
I want to punch Alice in the face, I hate her something aweful.
Sep 25, 2011 6:48 PM

May 2009
warm fuzzies
Sep 26, 2011 3:59 PM

May 2011
Well that was a nice sweet episode like always.

Haha I love Alice, that's right Claude you blockhead always hurting Yune! Happens like every episode including the ending. Claude does a blockhead move making Yune feel bad and sad then he redeems himself doing something nice at the end of the episode lol.

Nice to finally know the history between Claude and his dad. So that's why he's so against the Grand Magasin, his dad died there. That was a touching moment between those two.

Good to see at the end of this show, Yune is a part of their family in the Galerie and everyone has accepted her. Aww I am going to miss this show, solid 9/10 the last couple episodes really raised it up for me. Can't wait for the specials with Alice and Yune :D, I just love those 2.
ZeroZxSep 26, 2011 4:08 PM
Sep 27, 2011 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Han-yuu said:
no progress for claude x camile but oh well. it was good series.

Indeed but there was some Une x Claude progress - I am looking into reading the source material for the anime and hoping it gets a season 2 as most of the story remains unfinished and the questions un answered

9/10
Sep 28, 2011 12:51 PM

Jun 2009
That was so sad. :(
Overall, I really liked this anime. It was heartwarming and cute. Every single episode was awesome. :) 9/10
Sep 28, 2011 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
Very nice...10/10 for the series...and yeah, I too hoped there was more Claude X Camille in the series, so I hope there'll a spin-off or a second season... Yune and Rin, you'll be missed...
Sep 29, 2011 8:04 AM

Jun 2011
rodac said:
Not having read the manga my heart was in my throat during the whole rooftop scene because I was sure she was going to fall. Since the manga is on hiatus I guess my hopes for a second season are going to have to wait. I really wanted to see more on Camille x Claude.

And I've just increased my rating. This was as good as Usagi Drop (pre-timeskip).
Oct 2, 2011 4:15 AM

Jan 2011
A really nice and warm ending, it's unfair that the score for this show is below from 8.
It deserves a solid 9/10.
Good story, perfect music, and really warm plot with good development.
Oct 2, 2011 10:34 AM

Nov 2010
Really nice and cute anime :) As many others I'd love to see more Claude x Camille. I will miss this anime because it was so relaxing and always fun to watch. I hope there will be a second season!
9/10
Oct 2, 2011 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
This show is so underrated and overshadowed by Usagi Drop. :(
Not to say that I didn't love Usagi Drop, of course.

I'm not holding my breath for a season two, but if it ever happens, that's one of the most pleasant surprises I'll ever receive. 8/10. This show was so magical and heart-warming. I'm going to miss it.

Edit: It's beyond me how someone watched this whole show and rated this episode a 1/5. o.O
Oct 11, 2011 11:23 PM

Jun 2011
Aww....12 episodes + 1 specials feel like it was too short for this heartwarming, sweet anime.

The truth behind Jean's death was revealed, along with Claude's dilemma for unable to do anything when his dad died.

The moment where Yune was accepted as a part of Galerie family really did it. No other way to end an anime this great.

Very nice anime indeed. Hope for 2nd season~
Oct 11, 2011 11:29 PM
Oct 2011
Quite a good series.
Oct 20, 2011 4:24 AM

Jan 2008
Mostly an alright show, but I'm giving it an 8 because Claude can be a real bastard; Yune never did a damn thing to deserve how utterly cruel he was to her sometimes. Like it's her fucking fault his dad died in an accident.
Oct 25, 2011 1:43 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Very nice and warm anime :) 8/10
Oct 30, 2011 7:51 AM

May 2010
The ending was lovely !!
Nov 5, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
A lovely ending :3

Poor Claude, having your father treat you like trash or eveb worse, as a rival o.o" I mean, aren't fathers supposed to pass down their technique's and passion on to their kids instead of shoving them away as some kind of rival?... I feel really sorry for him...

Well it was a lovely serie, I hope therer'll be a second season when there's enough material to animate :) 8/10, maybe it'll become 9/10 ^^
Nov 14, 2011 11:46 PM
Sep 2007
Damn I wish it was 24 episodes instead of 12 >< 'twas such a cute anime!! Kinda like..............Binchou-tan? Here's to hoping for a second season?(I'm not sure yet) ^^
Dec 16, 2011 7:21 AM

Mar 2007
Always felt much closer to touching, short slice of life shows such as this. If this was 24 or so episodes, I have a feeling there will be unrelated interconnected stories in between that will mess up the weekly vibe I get for every single episode. The manga should continue because this is awesome.

9/10
Dec 22, 2011 12:42 AM

Mar 2011
5/10

Good animation, weak storyline.
-Claude never got her kimono back.
-What was up with that sidestory of Claude and that one chick? They never got together, and she never got married to someone else.
Dec 28, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2010
Well, that was a good ending. Can't believe Yune is that innocent to be fooled by a little fake story.

Overall, it indeed has the great atmosphere as a slice of life series and also as a historical one. But the lack of the storyline continuation kinda bugs me. Anyway, I'll give this a 7 or an 8 for the soothing feel of it.

Oscar FTW!! :D
Dec 31, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2008
shadesofblack07 said:
5/10

Good animation, weak storyline.
-Claude never got her kimono back.
-What was up with that sidestory of Claude and that one chick? They never got together, and she never got married to someone else.

The show touched on like 5 potential storylines but never fleshed out any of them.
Jan 26, 2012 11:21 AM

Aug 2009
Claude kinda ruined this anime for me. As it progressed, I was increasingly being fed up with his attitude.
LOL @ him listing his father's bad characteristics. Quite ironic.

I didn't like how several plot threads were touched upon and then left hanging in the air, never to be revisited or concluded. I understand that the manga is unfinished, but I doubt we'll see another season, so some kind of closure would've been nice.

All in all, it was a bit too sugary cute anime for me.
One thing I really liked, though, was learning about Japan and its customs through the story set in France; pretty smart. And the atmosphere was nice.
But, in the end, the anime was just fine imo, not leaving any lasting impression and as such, it gets 6/10 in my book.
metamorphiusJan 26, 2012 11:24 AM
Feb 12, 2012 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
I give this a 7/10. It was very cute and the animation was good but the storyline was weak.
So many things were left unsolved.
Needs a second season and I need a Yune figure.
Feb 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, this ep was like a one big Aria homage. Starting with the cat (Black Cat with the bell, Cat Sith, anyone?) and ending with "foreigner becoming part of a family that brings everyone together". XD

Overall score 7/10 - would be 8/10 but too many plot threads were left hanging in the air (even with manga being on eternal hiatus which fact where certainly known to those that planned the anime storyline beforehand).
May 22, 2012 7:27 PM

May 2012
It was a good episode, but really they should have utilized Alice more T_T

Still, all in all, was an amazing series and I really can't understand why there's people who told me that it goes down some 'strange path'....

Time for the specials !
Jul 28, 2012 1:13 PM

Dec 2009
I think they overused the sparkles... Also, the emphasis on Yune's cuteness was annoying... I'll give this episode a 1/10 and overall 4/10.
Aug 1, 2012 11:42 PM

Jun 2012
I loved this anime so much, it was so damn cute, i freaking love yune. Its left pretty open so if the manga does continue then we should expect a second season.

So close to a 10/10 but a few things held it back and the incomplete plot really bothers me so i'll have to go with a 9/10 for now.
Aug 23, 2012 1:37 PM

May 2012
Great ending a great and compact story I liked how cute this Anime was though it lacked some story plot I wouldn't mind a sequel for this though!

Great Anime 9/10
Aug 25, 2012 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
Cute ass anime. Almost died when Claude was carrying Yune. ;-;
Sep 9, 2012 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
Nice episode especially with Claude saving Yune on the glass and also carrying her like a princess :>

6/10
Nov 10, 2012 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
i like the anime but i'll never ever like claude
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Feb 3, 2013 7:44 AM
Jan 2013
Didn't like it much. Claude didn't receive character development at all. He never resolved his anger issues, never really learned to deal with his daddy issues, he really didn't learn anything at all. Yune keeps making stupid mistakes which cause other people trouble. Little Ojou continues to be insufferable.

The thing I hated most though was the Claude - Camille relationship. They hint at romance, and resolve nothing. Camille never learns her mistake, never gets the guts to actually do what SHE wants to do, rather than going with the flow of what her family wants for her and the expectations of others. Grown up Camille never dropped her mask once. Everything she did and said was just a front, her entire attitude. Constantly complains about being a "bird in a cage" but she is the one trapping herself, no one else is to blame. Claude extended his hand to her and she slapped it away repeatedly.

In the end it would have been better if it was just straight up 1800's france moe. The little bits of drama that never get resolved didn't do much for me. It feels like the moe and drama aspects both got half-assed.

If the manga is any different someone please tell me.
Oct 13, 2013 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
Nice emotional ending.
8/10
Mar 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
A nice way to conclude. It's tough to make a final episode feel any more special than the others in SOL anime. It was really moving to see how the gallery came together and treasured Yune. Claude holding her at the end was ridiculously cute as well, especially when everyone started teasing him for it.

This was a very refreshing series. I loved the art, especially Yune's character design. Seriously if you're tired of her Claude, I'll happily make her my musume. Lots of very heartwarming and sweet moments, and Yune shining radiantly in all of them. European settings seem to bring out the best in SOL anime (like Aria), each episode was fun and soothing.

I also liked how they used a cultural divide to gradually bring the characters together, such as the collectivist attitude Yune had vs Claude's individualism. I greatly welcome a sequel any time and will remember this one for leaving a smile on my face throughout each episode. 9/10

12/1/23:
This re-watch has been delightful. Yune remains as lovable as ever and much of the charm that captured my heart so many years ago remains & has let me get lost in this iyashikei labyrinth once more. That said, I'm going to revise my score to an 8/10. It's still quite exceptional and I'm glad I snagged the DVDs for $2 from Sentai when I had the chance.
ZekkenshinNov 30, 2023 10:33 PM
Apr 5, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
When I heard the bell, I was like "Cait Sith is calling! Yune's in Aqua!" haha.

Heart-warming and really charming. Yune's just special :) I don't know why but I really can't bring myself to like Claude. I don't hate him, I just don't like him.

8/10. Maybe they'll make S2 someday.
xcheeApr 5, 2014 7:00 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 6, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed it at the start but somewhere along the way, the progression of events started to annoy me. A lot of drama left unresolved, character needed more development and relationships need closure.

Claude was...irritating from start to finish. I tried to understand, but I can't bring myself to like him. Got so sick of the way he acts and watching him get mad at Yune was just...ugh.
Yune herself is kind and naive to a fault. It's supposed to be part of her charm but more often than not comes off as annoying. Overall, I still like her though.

The storyline so far is weak and needs a second season to wrap things up. However, with the manga stuck at 2 volumes despite being released in 2006...I don't think it's going to happen. In which case, I would've been happier if they kept it more lighthearted and episodic.
Oct 8, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2012
It was a nice episode on it's own, but unsuitable to be the final episode, what with the Yune's kimono matter and Claude x Camille not having any sort of conclusion. Guess I'll have to read the manga sometime.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Feb 15, 2015 9:22 PM

Apr 2014
9/10.
Was hoping to see Claude x Yune ship setting sail.
Love this anime.
Will miss it.
Jun 5, 2015 12:43 PM

Jan 2010
I think my only peeve about Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is the conversations. Pleasantries only last as long as it takes to become acquainted with the latest customs, but anything beyond that is taboo. No one wishes to talk about anything, and everyone remains distant, even within Claude's household. There's a sense of friendliness and compassion towards one another in the King's Gallery, but at the same time, it all seems so fragile. Although, I'm unsure if that's the intention. Having a foreign girl come into a place where people are already distrustful of each other makes for some great drama, but here, it's a tad insincere. As in, that drama only comes up in the most convenient moments where we get to see the most amount of tears.

Still, Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is a nice, calm anime despite what I may believe. I don't dislike it, but perhaps the beginning episodes gave me the wrong impression of what to expect. Or, perhaps, I should have expected such developments to occur when the beginning was already overly cutesy. Something has to balance that, so it's to be expected.
Jun 22, 2015 11:50 PM

Aug 2007
The last two episodes is the drama this series needed to be memorable. However, it came a bit too late and the series as a whole fell flat.

It was a pretty average anime. 5/10

Echoing others, there wasn't any resolutions to major issues. There was a lot that was untold.

Aug 5, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
Really delightful show. I really liked the episodes with the two Blanche sisters involved because it had more depth to each character. I was expecting to give this show an 8/10 but near the end, it really declined in quality with all the papa angst from Claudo-san. There wasn't any foreshadowing or flashbacks to why he was so angsty about his father and it just came unexpected. Yune lacks development I thought. In the end she's still really simple minded and...clueless.

I want to see more.

7/10
Jan 29, 2016 12:36 PM

Mar 2012
shadesofblack07 said:

Eh? I don't understand what you people keep expecting out of this, for me it was concluded on episode 9. They won't get together, she will marry for her family (tho we don't see it, it's quite obvious) and he already moved on.

It does feel a little incomplete, but I personally prefer those endings to those stories. They imply that Yune will eventualy go back to Japan and, personally, I don't want to see that happening.

And also, the OP made me think Yune would become a really popular person.
Feb 25, 2017 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
Jeez, this was one of the most boring shows I have ever watched. Everything was soooo boring! Yuuki, Aoi is a great VA but damn if she didn't just voice one of the most bratty and annoying characters I've seen in the last while. This had so much potential and it didn't use any of it. It could've had some great world building but didn't. It could've had decent character development but didn't. Who gives a shit about your blind sister that has a forehead so big a plane could land on it? I know I don't! I mean just look at it!

This anime did nothing for me and for the most part I hated all the characters and everything that happened.

4/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jul 3, 2011

210 by WatchTillTandava »»
Nov 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Aug 21, 2011

91 by epidemia78 »»
Jun 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2011

47 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2011

46 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:33 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Aug 28, 2011

63 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.