3It was OK
5.6%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
4.6%
Average 4.5
108 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2008 4:41 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Perhaps Reinhard should've stayed at home. After that big speech about how his family line will always be at the front of battle, he's given Julian and co. a huge chance. It's an extreme amount of bad luck on the Empire side as they probably would have had the battle won otherwise.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 12, 2009 5:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
tainteddonut said:

Perhaps Reinhard should've stayed at home. After that big speech about how his family line will always be at the front of battle, he's given Julian and co. a huge chance. It's an extreme amount of bad luck on the Empire side as they probably would have had the battle won otherwise.

yes, Julian got really lucky since his fleet is so inferior in number that it would be impossible for him otherwise to have even a chance to win this battle....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 31, 2010 7:12 AM

Sep 2008
OMG I'm gonna wet my pants
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 9, 2010 9:58 PM

Jan 2009
Iserlohn is so fortunate that Reinhard's sick, because otherwise he definitely would have noticed the unmanned fleet at the side and swept with the size advantage. It was also a Catch 22 moment for Wolfgang as he decided to limit communication between his fleet and Reinhard's. The combination of that and Reinhard's current state made for some interesting moments, including Mecklinger raising his voice in avoiding the truth in front of Bittenfeld.
May 13, 2010 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Julian is amazingly lucky, though I was literally like this - :O when Reinhard collapsed face first.
Jun 12, 2010 1:31 AM

Jun 2009
Next episode is going to be sick, I can tell. Only 3 episodes left, sigh.
Jul 8, 2010 6:07 PM

Feb 2010
Damn, the sickness is getting really serious at such an important moment :/
And the Iserlohn forces seem to be taking advantage of that, I wonder if it'll work out as they planned.

Only 3 episodes left, sigh.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 26, 2010 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
interesting episode, everything is setting up for the final assault. julian shows he has guts to go and fight with the Rosen Ritters. I like this character more and more (it was time to!)
Dec 13, 2010 1:08 PM

Jan 2010
Jesus Christ they're all going to die O.O

i realy thought Reinhard was already done for when he collapsed...at least he's still alive :)
i don't even know if i want him alive ore dead now lol

but i hope they will leave the FPA forces intact :\

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 21, 2011 12:40 PM

May 2010
Julian you rat...

With only three episodes left, I hope Merkats and Julian will die
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 20, 2011 1:40 PM
Jul 2010
So Julian wants to rush past the crossfire of 50,000 Imperial ships to board their most precious one, somehow believing that sluggish formations will save his single shuttle. Of course it will succeed, and now that Reuenthal is gone no one can stand before the awe-wielding might of them rugged Ally folk.

Reinhard will probably die before anyone gets to him, for the sake of dramatic irony.
Feb 20, 2012 12:14 AM

Sep 2009
Thank god Karin didn't give her boyfriend the kiss of death.
Mar 18, 2012 2:14 AM

Aug 2010
Oh man, I have a feeling a lot of important characters might hit the bucket

Apr 11, 2012 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
And that was the 100th glass Kaiser Reinhard broke.

Julian. You b@stard.
May 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Mar 2011
I have a feeling the death toll is going to sky rocket.
May 11, 2012 11:13 AM

Aug 2008
Once again Merkatz is the reason they are still able to fight.
Why is he on their side again?

Mecklinger was really great.
"You're the emperor's doctor not a doctor off the street, an undetermined illness will not suffice!"

Aren't there more Rossenritterz than the 10 they showed there? That doesn't seem like much for an invasion force against the Brunhilda! It's a good thing they never get caught out in large openings like a hangar, they excel in cqb.

Still waiting to see if the Terrarists will pull something before the end.
May 12, 2012 11:17 AM

Feb 2012
They did show Emil looking surprised as well so maybe he's not behind Reinhard's illness, but they surely have shown him bringing tea to Reinhard so many times that one can't help thinking there's some significance behind it.

I think the ending is going to feel rushed now that they decided to bring back the Iserlohn gang just a few episodes before the end of the series. So much time wasted on rebellion and terrorism that could have been used to create a careful plan to beat the empire. The plan to attack Brunnhilde immediately made me think of the beginning of the series (or was it one of the movies) when Yang Wenli got out of a tight spot by taking the flagship hostage.
Jun 3, 2012 12:09 PM

Feb 2012
Feorg said:
The plan to attack Brunnhilde immediately made me think of the beginning of the series (or was it one of the movies) when Yang Wenli got out of a tight spot by taking the flagship hostage.

Yep, it was My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars. That'll be a fitting pair of bookends.
Jul 1, 2012 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
Emil's fever tea strikes again
Jul 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
Confucius said:
Julian you rat...

Renato said:
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 9, 2013 9:19 PM

Jun 2013
I feel sorry for Reinhard for always getting that illness (and at the worst times)
Oct 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Nov 2009
Really hoping that Reinhard doesn't die . . . I mean I'm still rooting for him. Anyways They really should have put Mittenmeyer in control of all the fleets after Reinhard was incapacitated, the fact they didn't makes very little sense to me.

Also wouldn't killing the Kaiser be disastrous for them? He is well loved, and while the empire would probably crumble at a later date, The current fleet would probably move in for an all out attack, completely wiping out every last soldier from Iserlohn . . .
Feb 19, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Really hoping Reinhardo doesn't die indeed...

One thing I have noticed lately, is that my favorite moments in this show have been the conversations between the members of the Yang Fleet and their nasty "bro" jokes, and manly conversations between Mittermayer and Reuenthal. I'm going to be missing them. :(
cupcFeb 20, 2014 12:31 AM
Jun 30, 2014 5:26 AM

Sep 2008
Rosen Rittens are now going to faceroll on Brunhild? I guess even kaiser guard can't save Reinhard then since they have been pretty much invincible in the past episodes...

Isenlohn keeps up pretty good battle eventhough they don't basically have any manpower or ships left.
Jul 2, 2014 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
Alright 3 episodes left, time to likely say goodbye to a ton of characters I really love to kick the bucket, Its really unlikley but im really rooting for dusty and oliver to make it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 12, 2014 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
So many top tier doctors can't figure out his illness...

Well at least it's not a common cold which seems to floor half of Japan in animes.

Mecklinger's voice actor doesn't suit him at all. It's like Arnold Schwarzenegger talking out of Tom Hank's body.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 22, 2014 4:46 AM

Sep 2013
Jim_Heart said:
Confucius said:
Julian you rat...

Renato said:

Yes please
Dec 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
How convenient that Reinhard's illness always gets worse at the most critical moments >_>
Feb 7, 2015 1:51 AM
Aug 2011
koreye said:
OMG I'm gonna wet my pants

Renato said:

FUUUUUUUUUU they even zoomed into the tea cup for a while there
JizzyHitler said:
Its really unlikley but im really rooting for dusty and oliver to make it.

you have great taste in characters
Mar 16, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2014
So far this battle isn't too bad. I don't like that Reindhart suddenly got sick again though.
Jun 7, 2015 1:41 PM
Nov 2014
Fuck, I really want Reinhard to win this war against Julian but somehow he got sick again smh...
Jun 22, 2015 6:02 PM

May 2012
This doesn't look good for Reinhard! But I do wonder what this illness actually is and if he'll recover in time! Either way great development, let's see what's next!
Jun 27, 2015 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
Reinhard is just so unlucky

Jul 30, 2015 11:08 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Reinhard ;_;

Damn next episode is going to be amazing!
Aug 16, 2015 1:08 AM

Feb 2008
Shit, LoGH and death flags don't go well together. Death flags work in 90% of situations it seems, as only Mittermeyer was able to avoid it so far, at the cost of Reuental dying instead. The ending was full of them, so I guess either Julian or Schoenkopf will die. I'm guessing Schoenkopf will be more likely to die.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 30, 2016 10:35 AM

Dec 2012
This is really it. The final stretch. The homecoming. All kinds of thoughts are racing through my mind and I can only sincerely hope there will be an understanding between the two sides by the end of this. I don't want to see anymore of this fantastic cast die off.
Jun 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
Julian and co. are beyond lucky.

Seems like Reinhard's death is unavoidable at this point :(
Jul 14, 2016 10:01 PM

May 2016
Reinhard sure loves breaking glass...

Oh Mecklinger, how I love you and your haircut and 'stash.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Aug 5, 2016 11:22 PM

Jun 2016
Rushing on to the next episode, but I don't want this to end!
Mar 29, 2017 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
So sick of the Republicans surviving overwhelming firepower time and time again. They should have been killed 10x over by now, but every time this show will come up with an excuse to have them get away with it. So sad this show is nothing more than Tom & Jerry in space.

Luckily, only 3 more episodes to go. Sigh.
Jan 3, 2018 2:45 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Start the final battle, but Reinhard is ill again!! :/
Jan 21, 2018 9:25 AM
Sep 2017
Oh, look, a huge convenience leading to a plan to defeat the vastly superior Empire which has no chances of succeed wihtout plot armor anyway, that's new. It only needs imperials waving aimlessly their axes and getting effortlessly chopped like screaming logs by Rosen Ritter to be just perfect.
May 23, 2018 11:16 PM
Apr 2018
People really seem to hate the fact that Reinhard isn't as good as Yang, Julian or Meerkatz.

Oberstein would actually do a better job if he was there. He would have taken charge of the situation rather than all the admirals that are just waiting for Reinhard to give commands.

Got a feeling Schoenkopf is going to die. I got annoyed at Julian when he said he wanted Reinhard alive. Just kill the blonde haired brat already. He should be executed like Lang.

I have a feeling the admirals will start infighting. Mecklinger and Bittenfeld are already bickering.

Power rankings
1) Julian. Now is there chance to strike!
2) Empire
3) Earth Cult
4) Rubinsky
5) Goldenbaums

MVP: I guess Julian.
Sep 2, 2018 5:50 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reinhard, you knew you had a slight fever but still wanted to continue the expedition. All because you didn't want to regret things. I BET YOU REGRET IT NOW!!! If you make it out of this alive, that it... Don't get me wrong, I've been rooting hard for Reinhard since halfway through this series, but goddamn his stubbornness.

I kind of agree that if Oberstein came along or if Reuenthal was alive, the fleets wouldn't be moving so sluggishly, because they'd give out orders. Mecklinger and Mittermeyer should be giving orders to fight back, but they aren't. Now everyone is either antsy (Bittenfeld) or confused (Mueller).

Once again, FPA people are winning/will win due to luck. It's really frustrating to watch. I still don't like Schenkopp, he's so bloodthirsty, wanting to kill Reinhard, when Julian said his goal is to negotiate with the Kaiser. I would love to see Julian negotiate with Reinhard, but I don't believe that will happen. The narrator already said that whatever illness Reinhard has is more deadly than anyone thought, so seems like this is the end of the road for Reinhard :( Even if they do have the opportunity to negotiate, I'm not sure Reinhard would back down.
Nov 13, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2017
Reinhard HAD to break another glass before the end of the series.
Nov 29, 2018 4:05 PM
Apr 2018
If Mecklinger had a good haircut, he would be my waifu.

Those guys are like planning a field day at the Brunhild "We'll go and come back". Wtf.
Aug 4, 2019 8:40 PM
May 2018
Probably the last time we're going to see this dream team together:

It's actually sad that we didn't get to see much of Iserlohn in this season, I'm really gonna miss the Yang Fleet and their foppery and whim

As for Reinhard, there was a giant hint at the theory about Emil's poisonous tea being the cause of his illness, curious to see if that will turn true
sunflx27Aug 4, 2019 8:45 PM
Dec 1, 2019 8:06 PM

Oct 2012
So, it's either die trying or win for Iserlohn force

Lol that ending xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 14, 2020 10:08 PM

Aug 2010
Badass Mecklinger making a doctor shiting his pants was something I didn't know I needed.

I like how the Aliance Army is always happy and easygoing. I hope it ends with them making a party.
Jan 8, 2021 10:02 PM
Jun 2017
There's a bloodbath incoming. There are only three episodes left and there are still way to many death flags in the field. At least one important character from each side might die. I would say it may be Schenkopp from the Republicans, though for the Imperials... IDK. It's likely a minor named character might die. Maybe an admiral or so. For the Reps, there are no minor named characters in risk of dying... or are there? Maybe Mashengo could get pwned.

It was impressive to see Mecklinger losing his temper. Speaking of that, I'm intrigued as to why didn't Mittermeyers, the Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet, assume direct command. I get that Mecklinger is now the Supreme Commissioner of the Armed Forces, but that isn't a role of such tactical importance as the SCommander is.

Reinhard will die, that's for sure. I don't think he'll die in battle, nor I think he'll die after a "50 years later" screen. It's a shame he couldn't reign for a much longer time, but I suppose the brightest stars get consumed faster.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.