Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2015 12:33 PM
Nov 2014
Great to see almost all the bastards died already, take that Lang xD. Nice touch of Reinhard to named his son Siegfried as his middle name.
Jun 22, 2015 5:36 PM

May 2012
Intense episode, but I'm glad the baby was born without any problems! I do wonder what name Reinhard will give it and well let's see what happens next.
Jul 28, 2015 11:55 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Welcome into the world Alexander!

Omg props to Grunewald and Kesler for saving Hilda's life.
Jul 30, 2015 6:21 PM

Dec 2013
Kesler FTW! He also managed to find himself a waifu. Good for him :)
Aug 16, 2015 12:30 AM

Feb 2008
SlickDragon said:
I was REALLY nervous this episode. I thought the maid female was a Terraist, glad she turned out to be legit and a nice girl.. Good for my man Kessler! Speaking of which he totally dominated taking out those scum with his Window Break Technique, I was totally cheering him on.

This so much. She was really suspicious, with her sudden appearance, pox pox bijibus and coffee. Good to see that at least one character has his survival secured here. Unless they kill him off in the epilogue haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 28, 2015 10:20 AM

May 2012
annerose rekt that guy lololol
and hurrah for dead lang and captured rubinsky

Alexander siegfried von lohengramm
Dec 11, 2015 8:34 PM

Apr 2015
Didn't realize till now that Eisenach hadn't spoken up until now lol. I was so scared this episode. I kept jumping person to person expecting someone to die, but not wanting it to happen. Thank god no one died. Also thought that miad was going to kill/poison someone. Cool to hear that her and her husband will survive 100% or at least 2 more years lol
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Jan 5, 2016 10:01 PM

Jul 2013
Kesler was a real hero. Now I just wish that the Earth Cult would die already and let the 2 nations make peace, Reinhard and possibly his son will keep being a splendid ruler, Iserlohn Republic will keep Democracy alive and hopefully rise again when the Empire gone corrupted.
Jan 23, 2016 8:08 PM
Sep 2012
Eisenach speaking for the first time being marked in history had me dying of laughter. And Kesler is a boss. I wasn't expecting both of the girls to be saved.
Jan 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
I had suspicions about Marika, but she really did turn out to be the bubbly sweet maid that she seemed to be. Although onto the topic of the Terraists, I suppose they really do play their role as terrorists well because I just can't stand them anymore. I know that they're supposed to excel at infiltration and blending in, but it almost feels like they're given too much credit at this point. De Villiers is portrayed as a mastermind, yet he hasn't really done anything to establish himself quite the same way as other key figures in this series. I suppose it is a bit of a minor gripe at this point, it just feels a bit empty to think that the final major threat is comprised of people who worship a floating rock.

Eisenach has spoken! His appearances, although very brief, have managed to make me like him with ease. I just remember that scene when he snaps his fingers for tea and nodded in approval.
May 29, 2016 2:52 AM

Oct 2011
I was already guessing that Reinhard will name his son after Kircheis. I really like how this episode gave the spotlight to Kesler.
Jun 25, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
"Anyways, Rubinsky was really sloppy. Even thoguh he's suffering from an incurable brain tumor...if he heads to the execution stand as it is, it'll be really like an anti-climax"
THANK YOU BITTENFELF!

Alexander Siegfried von Lohengramm? I like the sound of that.
Aug 5, 2016 10:30 PM

Jun 2016
Kessler can do bullet-time! And Marika carried out an excellently executed assassination of her own, I feel. Kessler fell hook, line and sinker. :P

Such relief at seeing the baby being born. Maybe the Lohengramm dynasty will live on after all.
Nov 12, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2014
Damn that intense feeling during those moments were the assault took place.
I was worried that any of the women might get killed, but in the end the episode ended happy.
Also Kesler is awesome.
Jul 12, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2016
Hell yeah! The Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm's son Alexander Siegfried von Lohengramm was born on my birthday.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Jan 3, 2018 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Alexander Siegfried Von Lohengramm!!! Prince Alec for the friends!!!!
Feb 27, 2018 10:18 AM

May 2016
Great episode I definitely thought that Annerose would die protecting Hilda I'm so revealed that she is as strong-willed as Reinhard I guess it runs in there blood lmao.

Keslar found a new bride awesome for you man xD

Eisenach finally has spoken I was convinced that we won't ever hear his seiyuu.
Alexander Siegfried von Lohengram what a cool name.
May 2, 2018 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
like how after the help gets a date set up with kesler it just says they were married two years later lol
congrats to baby reinhard
May 23, 2018 10:24 PM
Apr 2018
Damn, I kind of hoped one of the women would die. Reinhard doesn't deserve happiness after all he has done.

Kesler was a freaking badass but hats off to Annerose too for taking out that one guy and for showing now fear infront of armed gunmen much like her brother ten or so episodes ago.

Are Iserhorn attacking now? Come on Julian!

Power rankings:

1) Empire
2) Julian
3) Earth Cult
4) Goldenbaums
5) Rubisky

MVP: I was going to have Kesler take this just ahead of Annerose. But nope, it's Eisenach. Checkmate.
Sep 1, 2018 7:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I love seeing Kesler, but he definitely stole the spotlight this episode! He's really good at his job, not just the part where he shot through glass while being on a ladder, or shooting in midair as he burst through the window. So happy for him that he marries Marika two years later! Like many others, I also suspected Marika, but am really glad that that was not the case. She's a sweet girl, and she easily stole Kesler's heart XD

Hopefully we'll never see the Terraists again...they were so dumb in this episode, them breaking into the house but not succeeding with that many people was a bit hard to believe. Then again, they all looked like they were on drugs or something. The first dude just ran into the room and stared with a crazed look on his face, and even gave Annerose a chance to talk. Btw, Annerose is great. I love how she had no fear (or showed no fear). Her aim is also quite good, haha.

I though maybe Reinhard would name his son Seigfried, but he used it as the middle name huh. Alexander is a nice name, but also even more common as a "noble" name.

Anyways, glad this episode went down pretty well. I seriously thought someone was gonna die, but Kesler was able to handle everything. That, including the Terraists' incompetence.
Nov 13, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2017
The first half of this episode was pretty cheesy. Why are there dozens of police just standing around looking at a burning building when the two most important women in the Empire are trapped inside??? They should be flooding into the building to save their Kaiserine. Are they braindead or something?
Nov 28, 2018 2:14 PM
Apr 2018
Annerose sniper mode: Engaged

All the scenes with the maid felt too cheesy. I was expecting her to shot Kesler in the back.

And yeah, the way the Rubinski problem was solved was very anti-climatic.
Jul 23, 2019 9:02 AM
May 2018
Although I agree that the terraists being so ineficient at succeeding in their attacks it's a little bit forced, it was a great (and wholesome) episode.

Kessler always was one of my favorite characters of the Empire, nice to see he finally getting his time to shine.

Eisenach speaking for the first time was very funny, also.

And I'm glad that Mariendorf and Annerose are both fine, I was sure that Annerose was going to die while trying to protect Hilde.
sunflx27Jul 23, 2019 8:10 PM
Dec 1, 2019 7:37 PM

Oct 2012
Surprisingly it didn't go as the Terrarist planned
No important character died, The prince is born, Kessler got his "weird" but cheerful soulmate
Terrarist on Phezzan got wiped out, but the Bishop or Grand Bishop is still free roaming around somewhere

Is it really checkmate though?

"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 3:59 PM

Nov 2016
With how anticlimatic the Terraists were taken out, this episode more or less felt like a excuse to ship Kessler and hell, I don't even mind because it was awesome.

Lang lebe der Sohn des Kaisers!

And lol @ the Eisenach scene at the end, too funny.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 4, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2019
This was a pretty dark episode if you think about it, as the parallels between Kesler and Lang were strong: they're both good men in private, but morally grey torturers at work. It's implied that Marika will be the next Mrs Lang.
Jan 7, 2021 10:33 PM
Jun 2017
So many things happened in this episode that I really don't know where to start.

It appears I was right when I said that given the few episodes left, the Terraists would strike in hopes of dealing a powerful blow. Going for the Princess Royal and the Kaiserin was a very good move.
I couldn't help but giggle at Marika's name. Everyone who also speaks Spanish might have giggled too. To be honest, I thought he was an undercover Terraists agent who would trick Kessler into letting her be close to the Kaiserin. Fortunately, she was just a maid. Even more fortunately, Kessler was able to marry. Poor Lutz.

Kessler was a real MVP in this episode. I've grown to like him a lot, and he truly is head to head with Muller in my 2nd favourite character place from the Imperial side (if you have read my past posts, by any chance, you should already know who's the first one, haha!).
That "Pox, pox... The rest abbreviated" part made me chuckle. Kessler is surely one of the most reliable characters. It was truly well depicted how he continued to maintain public order after such a jolly moment.

I also couldn't help but feel bad for Lang's family. Even if he wasn't a good public servant, he still appeared to be a good family man and somewhat a philanthropist. Anyway, he's definitely gone for good.

The main treat of the episode, the Crown Prince, the heir incumbent, Alexander Sigfried von Lohengramm. Where does that Alexander come from? Is his sister named Alexandra? To think about it, has her name ever been revealed in this series?
Anyway, it appears that Terraism is slowly being wiped out, and all enemies of the Reich are also being taken down one by one. I hope he reigns in an era of peace.

Now that I mention Terraism, it's weird that De Villier wasn't brought forth in this episode. There are only 4 episodes left, and he cannot do anything except personally killing the Kaiser, which would be an ending unfitting for this series. Personally, I have always thought that De Villier was Rubinsky all along. The way that he was presented, having the same appearance and drinking habits of Rubinsky... It couldn't be a coincidence.

My God, Eisenach, what a deep voice. I laughed at everyone's shock. "I had no idea! He can speak?". I laughed even more seeing that Eisenach talking was important enough to be marked in history.
PaulotronatorJan 7, 2021 10:41 PM
Feb 9, 2021 12:35 PM

Oct 2016
Eh, kinda underwhelming how Rubinsky and the Terrarians went down if you ask me but it was still a very good episode, I wasn't expecting a joke like that one at the end at this point in the series.
Jun 23, 2021 5:39 PM

Feb 2021
Man Kesler was the real hero this episode, and at least it's confirmed he lives to the end of the series, I liked his little thing with the fraulein, glad he got married. 4 episodes left and things are really coming to a halt, how is this going to end?!?!
Jun 27, 2021 10:51 AM
Dec 2017
“If I hadn’t left to buy chocolate ice cream, this never would have happened.”

That’s not true at all.

Lmao.
Jul 13, 2021 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
Chekkumeito. The most epic moment in LOGH.
Oct 14, 2021 5:54 PM

Nov 2018
Of the many roles I would've liked to possess in the duration of events throughout this series is that of a common imperial soldier participating in the raid against the base of the disgusting and blasphemous church of Terra, carrying at least couple of kills. I would be immensely satisfied with myself if only.
Oct 23, 2021 12:55 PM

Jan 2020
I didn't even realize Eisanach didn't talk once in this entire anime. Dude was kinda just...there.
Rubinskys arrest was pretty anti climactic. Appeared out of nowhere
man.
Mar 13, 2022 9:47 AM

Dec 2021
Kesler out here choosing while the kaiserin and Annerrose getting burned alive smh

tho through tragedy , it seems he found a wife

rest in piss Lang .. all that's left is the Grand Bishop

Alex Sieg Lohengramm is a fitting name for a young Prince
Jul 5, 2022 5:36 PM

Dec 2007
i thought for sure that when the news on hilda being on terrorist action would make reinhard outrage. but no, he only thought of the name lol.
kesler is officially james bond the man!
oh and it was obvious reinhard would name his son after kircheis. where did he brought alexander from though? lol
really hope we will see more about his son, and not just the narrator stupid "if it's fortunate or unfortunate" sentence. though i think he aims more for the fact that the narrator himself might don't know reinhard gonna die?

the terraist definitely didn't said their final words, hoping that we will have their closure on.

bittnfield actually spelled out most of MAL users critique - that's gonna be anti-climatic. lol
didn't realized that eisniech haven't talked so far. that made me laugh. but that actually got me curious WTH LOGTH is making comedy after stating that isserlohn's forces coming. it should be more dramatic isn't it? lol

talking about isserlohn attacking, seriously WTH is going on here? last time we saw julian being ready to face reinhard, and now he's gonna attack? furthermore, i just can't see them winning.
Aug 6, 2022 11:28 AM
Jun 2022
Another 5/5 episode for me. I didn’t guess I’d love those episodes about civil unrest and terrorist conspiracies. Yikes.

I’ve liked Kesler ever since that first solo episode about him helping a small city in season 1. Always seemed like a great and wise commander, even if he’s a torturer at the end. Looks like this whole situation ended up nice for him and his future wife. Nice.

It looks like all the problems are almost dealt with. Lang is dead, Rubinsky is soon to meet him in grave and De Vilier is losing power. I wonder what will be his final act.

Prince Alex is born! The Lohengramm dinasty is on!

Cracked up with the ending, seeing everyone’s reaction to Eisenach speaking.

Only 4 episodes left. Glad the series picked up steam after that Reuental nonsense. Let’s go!
Dec 5, 2022 9:09 PM

Dec 2020
the fire scene was one of those moments where the slower older anime pacing made it feel really awkward to watch, characters just pausing out of nowhere instead of acting/talking + how slowly the fire burnt it felt too strange
with a few more episodes left the ending is starting to clear way, wee bit exciting innit
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 26, 2022 12:15 PM

May 2018
Kesler beats the shit out of the bad guys and even gets a wife along the way lmao
Feb 23, 2023 8:52 AM

Aug 2018
Terrarist finally met their end on Phezzan, only few heads remain. Also Lang finaly met his end too in a way he deserved overall.

I really thought we were gonna lose Kesler troughout the episode a few times, really lovable and strong character, his scenes with the maid made this whole episode brighter.

Glad to see that Hilda finaly had given birth, the childs name was very nicely picked but I kinda knew it was gonna have something to do with Kircheis.

But just can't lie and not say that Eisenach speaking was one of the best things in this episode, and everyones reaction just showed it
Mar 18, 2023 4:41 AM

Jul 2017
one of the best episodes of the series, i loved the action scenes of Kesler, and the birth of the new emperor.
I cried at the ''Alexandre Siegfried von Lohengramm'', I miss you Kirchies.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 23, 2023 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Watch
Fortress_MaximusOct 24, 2023 2:07 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.