Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 3, 2012 1:43 AM

Mar 2011
This series needs a Comedy tag.
May 6, 2012 5:05 AM

Feb 2012
That was hilarious, Legend of the Shoujo Heroes, Reinhard framed by roses and all. I also thought he looked like a 15-16-year-old boy trying to make a grand gesture because that's the way he thinks romance is supposed to go, not having first-hand experience. It was great because it actually made sense. It's easy to appear confident and composed in an area you're experienced but professional credentials don't help much if you have no idea how to proceed in romantic relationships. So you just blush and resort to gestures you've read about in literature etc.
May 25, 2012 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
Once again Oberstein plays the role of scapegoat voluntarily. It's obvious that Reinhard values him as his own foil, to provide him with the counsel that he needs to hear but doesn't want to -- but on top of that, Oberstein is the foil of Mittermeyer, Reuenthal, and almost everyone in a position of power in the Empire. I've said before that Oberstein may care more deeply about the Reich than anyone else, and I'll keep on believing that, barring an act of lèse majesté.

Along those lines, I also like how Kesler specifically said that he agrees with Oberstein "in regards to this affair."

Well everyone's said all that needs to be said about Reinhard's clumsy romance, so here's one of Hilda's nipples instead (along with an apology for a lapse in dignity):

May 26, 2012 11:43 PM

Sep 2009
Huh, funny.
I didn't remember any nudity in the episode.
Must have still been stunned by the Moeaiser.
Jul 8, 2012 5:33 PM

Feb 2011
BAHAHAHAHAHA . . . smooth move, dude. Ruler of universe =/= smooth romancer.
Aug 16, 2012 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
HAHAHA that was the most hilarious things I've ever watched!
Mein Kaiser Reinhard is so moe.
Sep 3, 2012 8:32 AM

Mar 2009
I always look serious when watching LOGH.. this is the 1st time i remember that i laugh...

great episode~
Sep 15, 2012 12:23 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Oh, man, I laughed so hard. Blushing-shy Reinhard with gigantic bouquet = priceless.
Reinhard can manage the universe, but what to do after sex.
Sep 17, 2012 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
most hillarous ep ive seen
Oct 22, 2012 3:23 AM

Nov 2010
tainteddonut said:

upon seeing that face and hearing his voice while doing that, I couldn't help but wonder, Who is that person? I really did for a few short seconds
Jul 5, 2013 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
fedaykin said:
His relationship with Hilda seems to be based on unhealthy emotions.

"I don't think I can bear being alone tonight" suggests that any woman would have done.

And then his reason for marrying her, "But I have to take responsibility", suggests that the proposal is based on his guilt for almost ordering Hilda to sleep with him.

I don't think "Any women" would have been okay with him.
He knows - or unconsciously - knows that Hilda cares for her, and with the little experience that he has in love, cares for her as well, or as much as he can for a women.
By the way, does he even know any other women?

If some random female soldier came in and consoled him, it would not be the same.

I see Hilda cleaning his hand of the wine he spilled as a symbol, that she can help him with all of his mental anguish.
Despite her not knowing the images the wine represented for Reinhard, her cleansing of his hand was an unconscious symbol of consolation.
I saw that and knew that Reinhard was going to stop her and ask her to do something (I did not expect it to be intercourse before a proposal. :P)

But you are right about the responsibility part of his confession. I feel he still cannot express feelings of love very well, as such with his sister.
To propose to someone just because you had intercourse seems a bit mechanical when it comes to relationships.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, but for that reason alone seems a bit restricting.

Although, He does seem to have the right mindset, even if it was for that reason alone, she would be the best empress for the Lohengramm Dynasty.

I wonder why everyone watches this series so seriously? I've experienced many, many, many hilarious moments while watching this series, such as all interactions with Dusty and Popland. They mention a lot of irony in this series when it comes to politics.
Schenkopp is quite hilarious as well.

Oh well. Despite that, this series has such an array of emotions, that it has become one of the most realistic shows I have experienced when it comes to emotions.

___

I remembered Westerland as soon as the Regicidal man mentioned it. I always thought that was memorable episode, know that would not hold over well in the history of the Galactic Heroes.

As we know, Reinhard (unless it's an unjust ruler, or someone who badmouths his sister) and Yang, do not respect killing, especially the innocent, for personal gain.
Yang still had trouble getting over this in the end, "I'm sorry, everyone" was more than just the people he loved (For obvious reasons).

We'll just have to see how this plays out, his feelings for committing these acts that almost were unavoidable may be his downfall.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
KuandohanJul 8, 2013 8:34 AM
My brother and I compose classical and modern music, please click the link below if you're interested.
http://thesearethetwins.wordpress.com/

Please check out my profile to see what anime I recommend.

Keep pursuing your dreams! ~ Wynn
Jul 5, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2013
Kuandohan said:

I wonder why everyone watches this series so seriously? I've experienced many, many, many hilarious moments while watching this series, such as all interactions with Dusty and Popland. They mention a lot of irony in this series when it comes to politics.
Schenkopp is quite hilarious as well.

Oh well. Despite that, this series has such an array of emotions, it's has become one of the most realistic shows I have experienced when it comes to emotions.

This (^O^) Like Kenov said to Poplan before his death, "Your life is a joke...."

Poplan and Attenborough were the best comedic due anyone would want. Poplan wouldn't stop flirting with anything that wasn't female/women/girl...
Aug 6, 2013 10:38 PM

Jun 2013
Reinhard's putting too many personal feelings/emotion of his actions. Seems a little out of character from his usual self.
Aug 13, 2013 3:22 AM
Apr 2012
And now for the most important question that no one seems to have asked yet:

Do any doujins exist of Hilda "comforting" Reinhard that night?
Aug 13, 2013 3:44 AM

Nov 2011
fdsfgs said:
And now for the most important question that no one seems to have asked yet:

Do any doujins exist of Hilda "comforting" Reinhard that night?

Probably not, considering the fan base is pretty formal, from what I've seen.
Aug 15, 2013 9:19 PM

Feb 2012
The scene in which Reinhard attempts to propose is just hands-down one of the funniest things ever. Other people in the house were surely giving me the glare as I tried to calm my laughter.

It was good.
Sep 20, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2012
This episode should be renamed "The Kaiser lost his Virginity".

It's such a great and cute episode as the same time.
Sep 30, 2013 6:37 AM

Nov 2009
For a second their I Thought Reinhard had a mental breakdown after last night and so he had reverted back to a little child when giving flowers like that to the dad . . . Anyways I actually kind of hope this works out, she would make a very good empress.
Oct 18, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2011
R-Reinhard?? Ohhhh my gosh. The pause button has clicked too many times.
He's like a little child. What is this adorable, moe side to the great Reinhard?? He's so innocennttttttt. That blusing and those eyesss. Moe overload.

The humour in this series is gold.

Triplicity said:
Silly Reinhard and Hilda antics aside, did anyone else completely forget Westerland ever happened? Maybe it was just me, but it made the impact (on me, the audience) that much greater. Very well done.

Unfortunate to say, I did forget. I didn't even know what Westerland was until the man started talking about the nobles and the civil war. Then it came back to me. I love how the event was brought up again though.
Jan 21, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
I love how Count Mariendorff referred to Charles XII of Sweden.
Feb 9, 2014 7:16 AM

Sep 2013
Omfg this episode. Reinhard was so embarrassing I couldn't help but laugh. He is a total noob in love, apparently.
cupcMay 16, 2014 5:07 AM
Feb 10, 2014 11:14 PM
Feb 2011
Whoa, the amount of inhuman noises I made while watching this. As much as I love Hilda and Reinhard to tie the knot already, this just felt forced.
fedaykin said:
Yang's awkward proposal to Frederica felt to me romantic- they obviously had feelings for each other and the only issue was the amusing challenge of coming out and saying it. Reinhard's proposal however differs rather greatly. His relationship with Hilda seems to be based on unhealthy emotions. "I don't think I can bear being alone tonight" suggests that any woman would have done, given that he was depressed about being reminded about letting a massive holocaust go ahead for political gain.
I disagree that he'd end up sleeping with anyone, but Reinhard's emotional vulnerability at that point was somehow contrived just so we could get Hilda to sleep with him. Their relationship feels rushed and unconvincing. And I still wonder how they ended up on the bed (Reinhard seemed to be asexual until this episode and not too long ago he shut Hilda out of his personal life and berated her more than once). Still, I have never laughed so hard in this series.
tainteddonut said:

LOL
The only one who made sense was probably Oberstein.
JujikaFeb 10, 2014 11:18 PM
Apr 25, 2014 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
Honestly during the 3rd season i thought the chances were slim that Reinhard would want to get married, alteast not for many years (i.e presumably the end of the show or not even addressed). Still if he did get into a relationship or decide to get married, it was most likely to be with Hilda, and in truth its the only possible candidate anyway, and not just due to her being the only single Imperial Female shown in the show. She is the only female who has been with him since the beginning and seen his rise to power, been in battle with him, counseled him, supported him, and the female that most understands him in the world. She also is equally unfamiliar with matters of the heart/romantic relationships, so they make a good match that way and are deserving of each other.

As an aside I thought I'd mention the (obvious) difference between the Imperial Fleet and the FPA forces, namely that the former has no females in the military(closest exception would be Hilda), while the Fpa has roughly 1/3 females (I'm basing this off of Julian's force at Iserlohn which is quoted at 600k and 300k). Also worth noting is that females have had almost no positions of power in the show, with 1 female council member early on in the first episodes of the show (the one who was a super war fanatic while Truniht was pretending to not be pro war and abstained from voting), and finally Frederica taking a position of power. Frederica is also the only female ever shown as partaking in fleet discussion around the round table, and is the highest ranked female in the military. There has never been a mention of a higher ranked female than her in the show. And no i don't count the infant Kaiserine that was on the "throne" for a few months right before Reinhard took over the Kaisership as a female in power, sorry. Note that I fully approve of the LOGH approach to have women not be in positions of power, and to have a minimal role in the future in terms of militarily/politically. I do however like all the female characters so far in LOGH, which is something that nearly no anime has made me feel before.
May 26, 2014 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
I also completely forgot about Westerland.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the Kaiser with his flowers and when I heard his voice.

I can't see anyone other than Hilda being the empress. I think the Kaiser could come to love her like she does him. He simply has not had time to even think about love with being busy trying to unify the universe.
Jul 28, 2014 12:18 AM

Oct 2011
The best part of this episode for me is that Hilda's father basically told the Kaiser to go home after he asked to marry his daughter, and he listened to him. lol
Aug 9, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2013

I thought I'd opened an episode of

for a moment lol.

I'm glad Oberstein stepped up to the plate for that, for a second I thought he was going to remain quiet. Which I guess would uncharacteristic as it would highlight a moment of weakness for the Kaiser in front of everyone, something I doubt he'd ever want.

That episode was crazy for Reinhard, so many emotions crammed into it. Count Mariendorf handled that surprisingly well.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 10, 2014 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
Nice episode with the Westerland incident coming back to the surface, but moe Reinhard really stole the show lol. It felt so out of character and awkward that I burst out laughing.

Aug 18, 2014 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
Oh my gosh, this episode tho.
Started off from a somber note and emerged into something adorable.

All hail kawaii Kaiser.

Edit: He was so cute when he was the one being embraced by Hilda!
mell4444Aug 18, 2014 7:01 AM
Aug 25, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Hahahahahahaha.

One of the funniest episodes.
Aug 29, 2014 2:22 AM

Mar 2013
Wintovisky said:
Hahahahahahaha.

One of the funniest episodes.

Hey was just wondering which anime that kissing picture from your profile was from, looks interesting.

Also enjoyed your comments in the Logh Forums. I'm sorry that you didn't end up enjoying it (based on your 8 ranking). Sometimes it takes a while after one is done with it to realize it's brilliance and depth and give it the recognition it deserves.
Nov 15, 2014 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
Love how the ruler of the universe gets so nervous trying to propose xD About dam time those two got together.
Dec 7, 2014 8:43 AM
Mar 2013
Man, I was grinning like an idiot this episode. Definitely my favourite so far.

Reinhard and Hilda are pretty adorable and my favourite two characters. The Empire is great.
Dec 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
That was awkward.
Dec 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
The writers truly deserve an award!

I've yet to see a show that can balance a grim subject then naturally flow it into a very upbeat, heartwarming conclusion without it feeling shoe horned in.
Jan 7, 2015 2:47 AM

Jan 2014
Another proposal. About time.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 13, 2015 10:02 AM
Sep 2014
I found it kind of strange that Reinhard and Hilda had sex. I mean, Reinhard is sad and worried about his (in)actions at Westerland and wants someone to keep him company so he doesn't feel alone, so they have sex? Just struck me as odd.
His proposal was really cute though, and I think Hilda's father was very understanding towards them, and he obviously doesn't want to simply use their marriage for political gain.
Feb 4, 2015 5:30 PM
Aug 2011
good lord this episode was truly amazing

It was so awkward and funny. I could feel the awkwardness radiating from Papa Mariendorf's face lmao.

I laughed when Reinhard spoke in that bouquet scene, his voice, HIS VOICE. It was so soft and at least an octave higher, so good. Total bishie and congrats on the sex. Mein Kaiser is growing up.

Seriously though they been together for a long time and I think they are an adorable pair.
On the other hand, the Westerland confrontation was done amazingly well. Such polarizing moods in the span of one episode.
Mar 14, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2014
That was so funny to see those two get together.
The part when Reinhart blushed was just.......
May 28, 2015 2:53 AM

Nov 2012
Probably one the best episodes so far. I like how he was reminded about his inaction in dealing with the Westerland attack. That shocked him pretty well.

Oberstein playing his role as usual. But I think people like him are pretty much needed. It's very unrealistic to think an empire can be born without any sacrifices and men like him who are willing to take the blame. That's the unfortunate truth, just look at real world history.

And the second half of this episode was hilarious. It's writings like these that I say this author is a genius and really knows his stuff. He started in the most depressive way and ended unexpectedly joyful.

Reinhards face, voice, and mannerism were the funniest thing ever. Lol!
And Mariendorf's comment? He will find out that they did really well for what appears to be their first time.
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Jun 4, 2015 8:48 AM
Nov 2014
REINHARD MORE MOE THAN THE WHOLE K-ON SERIES LMAOO.
Jun 20, 2015 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
Girls with short hair...Yang and Reinhard obviously have similar taste. I'm also in that elite club :P.

Jun 21, 2015 9:47 AM

May 2012
Reinhard was totally adorable when he was standing in that door opening with those flowers =3 I do wonder if they'll both get married they do seemed like the better match for this show! Let's see what's next but well this sure was a lovely episode!
Jul 22, 2015 7:02 PM

Dec 2013
Can't say that I expected to see that side of Reinhard. WTF!!!
Jul 23, 2015 12:38 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
=/ Will Reinhard ever love Hilda?

Will he love anyone?
Jul 25, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
That soldier from the Westerlands was surprising, I'll admit I forgot about the Westerlands myself this entire time.

Seems like Yang and Reinhard are more alike than they may think, both are strategic geniuses when it comes to war but are very lacking when it comes to how to deal with women.

lots of lulz this episode
Aug 27, 2015 11:56 AM

May 2012
probably the most awkward episode yet lol, seeing the kaisers softer side there was hilarious, and then the count "i wonder if the 2 were able to do it good" or whatever lololol, the downhill spiral continues
Sep 4, 2015 9:18 PM
Apr 2008
While many people seem to be focused on the Reinhart-Hilda romance this episode, let's not forget that incredible look into war, psychology, and humanity as presented this episode; that Westerlands idea, Reinhart's guilt at the massacre, and his guilt of surviving and being happy while the dead were denied happiness... that shit cuts deep.
Sep 5, 2015 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Hahahaha Reinhard moe XD
Oct 16, 2015 4:05 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode blushing Reinhard totally killed me
Jan 29, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
You know, I really think Oberstein acts as the shield for Reinhard. He seems awkward and certainly disagreeable at times, but he doesn't seem to have ulterior motives or ill intentions. He might even turn out to be the most loyal subject in the large scheme of things.

As for Hilda and Reinhard, GOLD. PURE GOLD. I've been waiting for something to finally kick off between them, but what a place to set the starting line. The inexperience on both sides is painstakingly clear and that makes it all the more awkwardly adorable. Hilda is a woman who hasn't thought about her maiden heart before whilst Reinhard never got to develop any sense of intimacy with a person beyond war camaraderie. Hilda's dad is a good man too, very understanding and didn't reject nor attempt to abuse this situation. And yes, super LOL @ his comment about their performance.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.