Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2008 10:39 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, at least Yang is still alive so I'm happy. It looks like he'll be able to finally retire so he should be fine with Frederica. Julian will be the one to worry about since Earth might not be a welcoming place to visit.

Oberstein has a sharp eye for dangerous men. He can already see Reuental being a menace for the Empire's future. Reinhard should be careful. He's invited danger so he should be at least somewhat aware of Reuental's future ambitions.

With the Alliance dead, Phezzan overrun, and Reinhard in full control that leaves only the Earth cult remaining. They've been hinting at their power for ages. Now it's time to start seeing them put words into action and showing what they're capable of.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 25, 2008 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
It's nice that Yang can finally settle down with a wife and live the life of retirement he has dreamed of. Who knows... maybe with this Earth threat the two greatest military minds might work together, although Yang wont really want to. Reinhard being crowned was pretty cool.

SEIG KAISER RIENHARD!!
Oct 31, 2008 3:32 AM

Jan 2008
A great end to the second season, though as the first few minutes of this episode says, the outcomes were disappointing to everyone. Nobody really won in the way that mattered to them. Yang would probably have wanted to lose the battle of vermilion rather than seeing the FPA surrendering to the Empire, and Reinhard would rather have won the battle against Yang than capturing the FPA.
Nov 26, 2008 7:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
but soon Julian will take the journey to Earth and we get to see what happened t our beloved planet during all this conflict and millenia of abandonment....

That grand bishop seems to have anticipated everything....And by the sick man he must refer to the bedridden guy that wanted to achieve something before he dies....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 13, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 2008
Epic. Yang and Reinhard meeting is one of the best moments in anime. The anime equivalent of:

"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 21, 2009 8:30 PM

Apr 2009
With the Empire now in full control, we can finally see what Emperor Palpatine...uh I mean the Grand Bishop of the Earth Cult has in store.

And its good that Yang made it out alive and is living a normal life. However, I doubt that this is the end of his involvement with the plot. What exactly he'll be doing Im not sure, but it's probably not just sitting around his house sleeping late and drinking brandy tea.

Aug 25, 2009 2:50 AM

May 2009
I can't believe no one commented on this. Yang is like officially racist. How can he keep saying 'what is that' 'why is that here'? It was even funnier this time

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Sep 8, 2009 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
Beatnik said:
Epic. Yang and Reinhard meeting is one of the best moments in anime. The anime equivalent of:

In-fucking-deed.
Creepazoid said:
I can't believe no one commented on this. Yang is like officially racist. How can he keep saying 'what is that' 'why is that here'? It was even funnier this time

LoL.. I noticed that too. I think it was coincidental or maybe irony.

Anyway, I enjoyed this season even more than the first. So many great moments.. topped with Reinhard and Yang finally meeting, and Reinhard finally gaining the Throne.

This season gets a well earned 9/10.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 8, 2009 8:14 AM

Feb 2005
Creepazoid said:
But the weird thing is he didn't act that way towards Sitolet, so he'd have to be a situational racist or something then :/

Or maybe it's just Mashengo that can't escape fate.
Sep 8, 2009 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
Well Yang's obviously an intelligent guy, it's not like he hates all black people, he just doesnt like Nigerians specifically, Nigerians like Meshengo. Sitolet is from Ghana, so he's cool. Honestly, I dont understand why people dont understand this? (oO)
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 16, 2009 11:04 PM

Jan 2009
shinigami034 said:
It's nice that Yang can finally settle down with a wife and live the life of retirement he has dreamed of.

What I wanted to say.

Besides that, my eyes were hell wide open when both masterminds met each other.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 17, 2009 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
I won't lie but, I find that the mere fact that Yang and Reinhard formerly meet each other is as epic as any battle they've ever fought.

I don't know what else to say... Reinhard becomes Kaiser and there are still some loose elements about, like Merkatz, Reuenthal, and the Earth Cult.

Just what will the third season bring?
Sep 22, 2009 10:14 AM

Jan 2009
And so they finally meet. That was such an epic moment, i was literally smiling the entire time Yang and Reinhard were talking, good episode and a good season. Looking forward to the next one.
Sep 22, 2009 4:41 PM

Mar 2009
Definitely one of the best episodes, at least so far. The series is finally looking like a 9/10 for me, too, so I no longer have to feel quite as alien as I did previously.
It looks like I really am the only one who got the biggest cheer from Hilda meeting with Reinhard again. Sure it didn't have that unequivocal feel of the Yang/Reinhard conversation, but I'd almost been wondering if he'd be able to talk directly to those three(Hilda+pillars) again, after they pulled that knowing it was the opposite of his wishes. Compared to a first formal meeting, the reconnection of people who had important relationships that were undergoing possible friction is more interesting to me. . .? Especially since Kircheis had to go like that ages ago.
From here on, I can't wait to see how Reinhard's governing of pretty much the whole universe goes, especially with Sherwood and Yang's 'little' trap at Iserlohn in place. But most of all, THAT RANDOM SICK COUSIN OF HILDA'S IS FINALLY GOING TO DO SOMETHING. That hanging thread has been grating at me ever since he was introduced! I take it the Earth Cult doesn't know much about Julian, certainly not about his field trip, so they must be shipping the sick cousin off to the Empire as the LOGH-verse equivalent of a suicide bomber. Like, with an ornate dagger or something.
Oct 25, 2009 8:08 AM

Jul 2008
Wow..Yang & Reinhard meeting was truly epic!

SEIG KAISER RIENHARD..well that was COOL

A great second season..wonder how the things will progress in the 3rd season..
Nov 29, 2009 12:27 AM

Jan 2008
Easily the best episode so far, so much happened. I was waiting for the face to face for a long time and was a bit anxious for it, but it didn't disappoint me at all
It was even greater than
(Zeta gundam ep.14)

I loved how they respected themselves, I loved how Yang was a bit intimidated but didn't let that blonde brat walk over him, I loved how beyond the meeting of two geniuses of war, it was the meeting between two ideology.

epic rivalry

also, SIEG KAISER REINHARD
honestly I turned up the volume and yelled as well at this point

epic show
Dec 3, 2009 12:32 PM

Dec 2008
Finally Yang and Reinhard met, so epic!

Now that Reinhard is the Kaiser and Yang is retired all that's left is the Earth Cult.

I wonder what twists will the 3rd season bring to us?
Dec 22, 2009 4:30 PM

Oct 2009
Beatnik said:
Epic. Yang and Reinhard meeting is one of the best moments in anime.

Exactly my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2010 11:17 AM

Sep 2008
well you guys pretty much summed it up for me. Except for this one thing...it was really heart-wrenching to see Reinhard finally winning everything but losing the only two people int he universe he cared about. One is dead, the other wont see him. *ends emo rant :P*
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 1, 2010 9:54 PM

Aug 2008
eyerok said:
well you guys pretty much summed it up for me. Except for this one thing...it was really heart-wrenching to see Reinhard finally winning everything but losing the only two people int he universe he cared about. One is dead, the other wont see him. *ends emo rant :P*

Yeah, Reinhard's expression when the realization hits him is heartbreaking.
May 8, 2010 9:06 PM

Oct 2009
A lot of people seem to be writing Yang off as unimportant now that he's retired, but I'll be very surprised if his involvement in the story ends halfway through.

I'm disappointed that Reinhard was so ready to just let Erwin Josef and his imbecilic captor/guardian go free. That's probably the most idiotic thing he's done/said so far, in my opinion. If Oberstein hadn't been there, he would've just forgotten all about Josef, and then ten years down the line the little monster would resurface somewhere and Reinhard would be like "FFFFFUUUUU." As it is, that'll probably happen anyway, since they *obviously* won't catch him, but at least Reinhard can't pretend to be surprised when it happens. You NEVER let the infant successor to the throne go free. EVER. That's like, Despotic Usurper Overlord Cardinal Rule Number 3.

I still predict Reinhard turns into Hitler... it just hasn't happened yet. >_>

I'm hoping for an ur-Death-Note ending where Reinhard is cornered by all of his enemies (whoever they may be by that point, fifty episodes from now) and shows his true colors as a man who cannot accept failure and/or death, despite his otherwise flawless confidence and carriage. I'll be sad when it happens, because Reinhard is one of the most dynamic and multifaceted characters (not to mention one of the most sympathetic, relatable tyrants) I've ever seen in anime. I will be sad. But that's still the ending I'm hoping for.

Also... SIEG KAISER REINHARD. SIEG KAISER REINHARD. SIEG KAISER REINHARD.

Even though his ideology makes me want to puke, I still wanted him to win. XD
Aug 12, 2010 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
DeadBonesBrook said:
I won't lie but, I find that the mere fact that Yang and Reinhard formerly meet each other is as epic as any battle they've ever fought.

Hear, hear.

Oberstein sees it too: Reuenthal is a potential threat.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 22, 2010 8:22 PM

May 2010
Man, Yang isn't done with yet, are you kidding? He's one of the protagonists and practically everyone's favorite character. This isn't called "legend of the galactic hero" now, is it? So, ironically the true test of whether this show stands up to it's reputation is what happens next. If they somehow manage to bring Yang back into action without deus ex machina, or any disbelief, the writers are genius and this show deserves all the praise. If the bring him back clumsily, this show is still good but failed to live up to its reputation. In the unlikely event where they don't bring him back, who knows what will happen?

By the way, sadly I have to agree with Lohengramm's philosophy. If he can do what's best for the people, and the people themselves can't, then I feel he should. I understand Yang saying that any hardship is worth people taking control of their own destiny, but that's just the majority taking control of everyone's destiny, the minority never got the chance to take control of their own destiny, did they? Political freedom for 51% or for 1 person, the difference matter compared to justice, wealth, and freedom in the other regards?

Luckily, we never will have to choose between the perfect dictator and the worst democracy, but if it ever came down to those 2 choices, I would choose the perfect dictator.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 24, 2010 6:44 PM
Jun 2010
eyerok said:
it was really heart-wrenching to see Reinhard finally winning everything but losing the only two people int he universe he cared about

Yes, I actually felt sorry for him.

Aug 29, 2010 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
burntlettuce said:
And so they finally meet. That was such an epic moment, i was literally smiling the entire time Yang and Reinhard were talking, good episode and a good season. Looking forward to the next one.

Definitely, this whole episode felt substantial. Yang and Reinhard meeting is probably one of my favorite anime, or even cinema moments ever. The conversation was interesting as well.

The scene where Reinhard sees Kircheis and his sister by his throne, but they aren't really there speaks volumes. I still don't really get his sister to be honest.

"I thought you would be more dapper."
"I thought you would be more blonde."
Oct 7, 2010 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
holly God they met...

but their little argument proved that Yang is the one with his feet on the ground...

and sieg keiser Reinhard?wtf nazism much :\

i'm guessing this is where S2 ends...can't wait to hear the next OP&ED xD,and of course to see if the FPA will have any chance of coming back :\

rating for the episode:5/5
rating for the season:9/10 :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 27, 2010 12:31 AM

Apr 2009
Cool season end... Really interested to see where things go from here. Somehow I get the feeling Yang will come out of retirement fairly soon. :p
Nov 28, 2010 5:08 PM

May 2010
HOLY ****

This has seriously got to be if not, the greatest Anme out there. This episode alone bumps my expectations to a 8 to 9. Amazing, This is so perfect I could give a 10.

First and foremost, the meeting between Yang and blonde hair, I mean Reinhard, was just epic. Death Note's L and Light meeting is NOTHING compared with this. I saved so many quotes on this episode, I can write a book and throw it at my old English teacher who thinks "To Kill a Mockingbird" is the greatest thing ever happened to mankind.

Yang's racism is funny.

Damn you Annerose, you will not see your brother who did all of this just for you?!

SIEG KAISER BLONDE HAIR REINHARD!
ConfuciusNov 28, 2010 5:14 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 28, 2010 9:08 PM

Jan 2010
Confucius said:
This has seriously got to be if not, the greatest Anme out there. This episode alone bumps my expectations to a 8 to 9. Amazing, This is so perfect I could give a 10.

keep yourself dude :p,you may not belive me but this is NOT the climax yet :)
yeah,it gets better..
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 27, 2011 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
good-time said:
Beatnik said:

Exactly my thoughts!

definitely
Mar 8, 2011 6:15 PM
Jul 2010
So Reinhard has finally seized the universe. It was glorious. Still, half the series left and the lingering plot thread could go bad easily.

There's very little chance that Reuenthal would go for a rebellion, since it the new Kaiser has complete, deserved loyalty from all his citizens and officers. Reuenthal doesn't grab for power meaninglessly, and he certainly wouldn't fracture an otherwise united human race to move up one rank.

Earth cult is left though, so we'll probably get some boring Final Fantasy story about a secret, corrupt religion manipulating an Empire. God I hope not.
Mar 27, 2011 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
ALOT of setup here, all very interesting stuff. First meeting of Reinhard and Yang, very nice and a long time coming but worthwhile.

Reinhard's Kaiser position
Oberstein vs Reunthal
The Earth Clan's plan? And how they're going to use the infirm man we haven't seen for quite some time. Julian's involvement when he goes to Earth.
The "sherwood/Robin Hood" group and Yang/Greenhill, what's next for them?

Things are going to get compilated lol
Mar 29, 2011 8:26 AM

Aug 2009
When they met I literally jumped up and down in excitement. Epic rivalry indeed!

I enjoyed reinhards words to Hilda too, so honest. It was perfect.

No wayy is yang gone for good. I am guessing the show will focus more on reinhard this season, but yang will be back. the new op was very telling. It almost gave the sense that while living in greatness, reinhard was being haunted by yang, just like he is haunted by kircheis and his sister. Even when they are still alive, it's like they torment him like ghosts.
Mar 29, 2011 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
DonKangolJones said:

The scene where Reinhard sees Kircheis and his sister by his throne, but they aren't really there speaks volumes. I still don't really get his sister to be honest.

I really think his sister must have some kind of long-term depression. It's the most obvious explanation for why she doesn't really want to do anything other than be alone in the mountains forever without having to face the world or even her own brother. And it makes sense given her life experiences.
Aug 17, 2011 9:23 PM
Jun 2011
Pretty awesome to see them finally meet. Hopefully in the future they can work together. I'm really happy Reinhard gave Yang his freedom cause he can now relax for a bit...until Earth's plans are revealed I'm sure.
Dec 5, 2011 9:48 AM

Mar 2011
They finally met!
Dec 10, 2011 10:01 AM
Feb 2011
Confucius said:
SIEG KAISER BLONDE HAIR REINHARD!

Goddamn. Kaiser Reinhardo-sama controls the whole fucking universe.

Earth Cults gonna be a problem. I'm still rooting for the Empire, even though I like Yang and his philosophical/moral quotes are some of anime's best.
Jan 15, 2012 8:13 PM

Sep 2009
Yangs a racist. "Why are you here" constantly to like one of the only black guys in the whole series.
Feb 2, 2012 12:27 AM

May 2009
God, this episode was beyond beautiful. I watched this twice back-to-back, and I'm tempted to watch it a third time. *.*

Beatnik said:
This! I've been anticipating their meeting since the beginning, and the moment Yang got on the ship I was so nervous for the both of them. And when they met! And their conversation! To paraphrase Kircheis, it'd be so wonderful if they were friends. *sigh*

koreye said:
it was really heart-wrenching to see Reinhard finally winning everything but losing the only two people int he universe he cared about. One is dead, the other wont see him. *ends emo rant :P*
I cried buckets. ;__; That was heartbreaking.

Seriously, why haven't I watched this show until now?!
Feb 9, 2012 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
I came so many buckets watching this episode.

The meeting between Reinhard and Yang.

Reinhard's coronation. Not being able to experience it with the two people he most cares about.

Yang and Frederica planning out their lives. I wish them the best
Apr 29, 2012 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
"To win a crown is greatness. To reject it is divine." - Friedrich Schiller, Fiesco
May 1, 2012 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
The meeting.

I've been waiting for this moment for the run of the first two seasons, and it didn't fail to amaze me. I had a smile on my face and chills dancing up and down my spine the entire time.

Reinhard has the universe in his grasp now, but it's laden with plenty of thorns to prick his palms:

- Hilda's cousin.
- Any other ambitions the Terraists have.
- The mystery trap in Iserlohn Fortress.
- Merkatz's fleet of Merry Men.
- Truniht.
- Rubinsky.
- Reuenthal.

Beatnik said:

That's a good analogy. But instead of being built up over the course of two hours, Reinhard and Yang's meeting was built up over the course of twenty hours.
May 18, 2012 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
The best episode so far. The meeting between the two masterminds was great. Reinhard has finally become the Kaiser. It's sad that the two people he wanted to see most weren't there.

10/10
Jun 7, 2012 6:16 AM

Jun 2009
That's 54 episodes and two seasons down. Yeah, season two was amazing. The season gave rise to much more competent characters in the form of the increased role of Reuental, Mittermeyer, Hildegard, and Yang's crew and Reinhard's increasingly morally grey portrayal made for some interesting storytelling. What can I say? This season did pretty much everything right.

All of this was culminated in yet another fantastic final episode for a season. Yang and Reinhard finally meeting is the stuff of legends just by them being in the same room and to top that off with one of the most interesting conversations in the series? It wasn't just a meeting of two rivals, it was the meeting of two beliefs.
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 7, 2012 6:20 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 13, 2012 5:26 AM

May 2011
The meeting between Yang and Reinhard was beautiful -- their minds work in a parallel, linear fashion, and you could really see that. There was no hostility from either; only respect, which I definitely appreciated.

Also, we saw Reinhard's empathetic side when he didn't execute anyone from the FPA, Trunhit included. Reinhard's coronation was a very, very bittersweet moment -- he had finally attained all he had dreamed and had kept his promise to Kircheis, but neither Kircheis nor his sister were around to see him achieve it.

Very good episode, and now the Earth Cult looks to be still stirring things up -- I'm sensing some definitive strife in the future. Good end to the second season.
Know an AMAZINGGG anime with a strong male lead?!?!11one//?!

TELLMEEEE.
NoSrsly, bby. I'll love you forever. But no romance. I mean, romance is fine between you and I, but I don't want to watch that crap, okay? Okay.
Jul 10, 2012 1:32 PM

Nov 2008
Holy shit that was awesome.
I'm so glad that it won't end with Reinhard becoming Kaiser but it was so sad that Kircheis and Annerose weren't there. ;_;
Aug 18, 2012 6:36 AM

Jan 2011
holy shit, the meeting between Yang an Reinhard was just epic
after completing the second season this has become my 3rd fav anime
Aug 21, 2012 3:27 AM
Aug 2012
Great episode...
Sep 6, 2012 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
Man i have been waiting for them to meet for ages and their meeting did not disappoint.. This season was really great an improvement over the first.
you sound poor
Sep 7, 2012 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
One of my personal favorites
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 25, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.