Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 19, 2010 8:09 PM

Jan 2010
Samshel said:
I don't know if I missed something in a past episode, but how did Houhou get his arm back?
He asked Tsunade to heal him with a special regenerating jutsu? o_O
Aug 20, 2010 12:32 AM

Jan 2009
werr-y said:
Samshel said:
I don't know if I missed something in a past episode, but how did Houhou get his arm back?
Well considering that he is the phoenix dude among the Maniwani, I don't think it's very surprising that his arm could grow back.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 20, 2010 2:02 AM
Jun 2008
Oosran said:
werr-y said:
Samshel said:
Well considering that he is the phoenix dude among the Maniwani, I don't think it's very surprising that his arm could grow back.
Actually the arm didn't grow back....both arm are very different,but I guess you can tell which arm this belongs to (he appeared in episode 6 and died proudly).
Aug 20, 2010 8:16 AM

Dec 2009
MorningGlory said:
Oosran said:
werr-y said:
Samshel said:
Actually the arm didn't grow back....both arm are very different,but I guess you can tell which arm this belongs to (he appeared in episode 6 and died proudly).
eew gross. he stole an arm.
Aug 20, 2010 8:55 AM
Aug 2010
He took his arm?! O.o
Ok, Maniwani are something else...

New opening = nice, but i think I liked previous more.

Togame and Shichika are getting pretty familiar with each other, which is good ;)

Shichika finally showing more of his emotion, opinont etc. I like the way he's now :)

Good ep. Waiting for Emonzaemon to finally show his "gloomy" face ;)
(damn, he seems like hiding-his-face bishounen type... I'm so gonna laugh, when he'll turn out to be the most handsome dude in this anime xD)

"Exchaning greetings" with princess - priceless :D
Aug 20, 2010 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Holy crap! The music *including the OP even though Ali always sound the same* Were really kicking ass! The voice of the doll reminded me of V13 in Blazblue.
Aug 21, 2010 1:05 AM

Jul 2008
so next sword is a solar powered doll, plus it seems one of hte "swords" might be two pistols
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 21, 2010 3:33 AM

Dec 2008
Another damn themesong from Ali Project *bleh*

With her new hairstyle Togame looks so damn sexy, but in a cute way =D
And another loss for Maniwa Corps.

The episode itself was very good
It was a bad idea to laugh about a house when you have its owner next to you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2010 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
ALI project is always fine. Like zombies. They fit everywhere.

Great episode, there was some good development and some great action that made up a bit for the previous' one. I just didn't like Shichika's speech very much: it was a bit too long to fit the character, it repeated itself a lot and (as noteDhero said) it was a bit anticlimatic by the end of it, although maybe "I love you" would have been a bit too much.

In the end, nice one for finding out the source of the new arm.

As always, looking forward to the next episode. You know, I pity a little those who will have all the episodes available and (maybe) will watch them in 1-3 days. I think that part of its charm (except the overwhelmingly stated numerology about 12) stays in the fact that we have to wait a month for the next episode. We have time to read the caracters, to understand them, like a dream that comes back once a month.
I'm afraid that I might enjoy Katanagatari less if I watched it at a different pace.
Aug 22, 2010 7:10 PM

Feb 2008
they were getting a bit cozy weren't they? the final fight is going to be quite interesting.
Aug 22, 2010 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
"I won't let you sleep tonight.."

"You're not allowed to sleep until you memorize this."

Saw that coming.

Definitely like her short hair better; Hitei-hime is pretty hot in a dangerous sort of way...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 23, 2010 6:24 AM

Jul 2009
DonKangolJones said:

Come on son, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and can slit your throat without you realizing he ever entered the room, then he's a ninja. A duck ninja.
wheresthehandleSep 9, 2010 11:36 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 25, 2010 3:23 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
All these sweet moments between them are just too cute :>
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 25, 2010 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
Meh, I couldn't really get into this episode. I still find the relationship between Kogame and Shichika really, really forced. I'll never believe he's in love with her, sry2say.

Just watching this for Emonzaemon now. Oh, and waiting for my guess that Shichika is a Deviant Blade to be confirmed.
Aug 25, 2010 9:45 PM

Aug 2008
ALI Project has only ever been good in Rozen Maiden. And one of the songs on the third Noir OST, but that's different. So yeah, officially RUINED. Wonder if I can splice in the old music with the new animation...

So, the ED was by nomico... thought I recognized the singer's voice.

Byorigou was pretty sweet. The rumor that its appearance was designed after Shikizaki Kiki's past love makes it better. Prolly my favorite so far. Although it's almost kinda lame that the swords have mostly been rather unswordish, individually they've been pretty cool.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Aug 25, 2010 10:04 PM
Jun 2008
yamakasi said:
Meh, I couldn't really get into this episode. I still find the relationship between Kogame and Shichika really, really forced. I'll never believe he's in love with her, sry2say.

Just watching this for Emonzaemon now. Oh, and waiting for my guess that Shichika is a Deviant Blade to be confirmed.

Shichika kill Togame's father, He feel sorry for Togame.

Togame made Shichika to kill his own sister, Togame feel sorry for Shichika.

Togame and Shichika has no more family and all alone except themselves .

Love is complicated.
Aug 26, 2010 5:40 AM

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
yamakasi said:

Shichika kill Togame's father, He feel sorry for Togame.

Togame made Shichika to kill his own sister, Togame feel sorry for Shichika.

Togame and Shichika has no more family and all alone except themselves .

Love is complicated.

First of all -- wasn't it Shichika's dad that killed Togame's dad?

Anyway, I might be able to believe their relationship is based on pity (as you're implying) if that's the way the show is trying to portray it, but I can't because it's not.

What I was actually referring to was the episode a couple of months back (ep 5 or before?) whenever Shichika first randomly says that he's fallen for Togame, without any indication up to that point that he had any interest. So yeah, I've thought their relationship was forced from the start. (Togame says: "Fall for me!" Shichika says: "Okay!" and does.)

Whatev, like I said, I don't watch this show for their "relationship".
Aug 26, 2010 6:00 AM
Jun 2008
Opps my mistake .LOL didn't notice that.
I thought the relationship advance alot in this episode due to Nanami's death.
So yeah, I've thought their relationship was forced from the start. (Togame says: "Fall for me!" Shichika says: "Okay!" and does.)

because Togame don't want to be betray by Shichika because Togame has been betray by the person who is possessed by money and fame.

The relationship of Shichika and Togame start to advance during episode 3, when Shichika kill Meisai without mercy.There is only a small difference of dialogue change after that,and a little change of atmosphere when they two look at each other,nothing much happen after that.
What I was actually referring to was the episode a couple of months back (ep 5 or before?) whenever Shichika first randomly says that he's fallen for Togame, without any indication up to that point that he had any interest.

Sweet memory LOL .are you refering Azekura Kanara (the armour guy) in episode 5?.He fall in love of Togame in the first sight ,and Shichika became jealous .This episode made Shichika realize that how important Togame is when her heart was stolen by some big guy .
I hope this explain your problem.Well,its a one month Anime,even I am slowly forgetting the story from the Novel.

Anyway, the relationship are also an important part of the story as well.
the owner and the sword's relationship .That is why this Anime is called "sword story"
Later on Togame in dunno what episode....her real name will be reveal and it will provide plot in episode 3.
As in this episode, HiteiHime. The word "Hitei" means "denial" ...not much meaning in the plot story right now. yet....
Next episode is Outou Nokogiri No much action compare to this episode, but next episode is my favorite part in the Novel.
MorningGloryAug 26, 2010 7:14 AM
Aug 26, 2010 6:07 AM
Jun 2010
that was boooooooooorrring. How did the phoenix ninja regenerate his arm ?

Why did the best animated fight in this anime had to be with a stupid robot ? :-/

Aug 26, 2010 10:49 PM

Mar 2009
supersayen said:
How did the phoenix ninja regenerate his arm ?

ilikeyouevenmore said:
MorningGlory said:
Oosran said:
werr-y said:
Samshel said:
eew gross. he stole an arm.

^^^
Aug 29, 2010 4:35 AM

Jan 2010
lol at Togame's house. loved Hitei and Togame when they are "greeting" each other.
Shichika's fight with the doll is great.
Aug 29, 2010 11:32 AM
Feb 2009
the fight is good, which is unexpected (coz the fight b4 this ep were too short... o.o)

n princess hitei was quite adorable n not as annoying as i tho she will be
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 30, 2010 4:00 AM

Oct 2009
Oh yes... I totally lost will to watch this episode because Nanami =/

But then... :)

The blacksmith is kewl, he was thinking about global warming etc. Solar power is the way to go.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2010 2:17 AM
Jul 2009
The short hair is starting to grow on me.

I was wondering the same about that arm. Thanks for the picture.

Shichika is starting to become less dull with the teasing.
Sep 5, 2010 3:57 AM
Jan 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
werr-y said:

Anyone notice that she is wearing nothing?

This is what, the fourth time this has happened?

I have to question whether this is quality animation or if she genuinely just never wears underwear.

Since Katanagatari is pseudo-historical she probably just don't wears underwear; japanese women started wearing underwear only after the 2nd world war.
Dark_KainSep 5, 2010 5:58 AM
Sep 11, 2010 9:18 PM

Apr 2007
LOVED this episode. Umigame's personality surprised me, him dieing did not. Emonzaemon is pretty damn cool as well and lol Houou has a new arm, thanks for pointing out whose it was btw. I was hoping he would do something about that soon. I seriously love that guy. Of course, he's sure to die eventually (like the past Maniwani...) and when he does, I'll be really sad :(
Sep 12, 2010 2:18 AM
Dec 2009
Lovely couple =)

Sep 13, 2010 8:46 PM

Dec 2007
great episode, good fight too.

Sep 13, 2010 9:39 PM
Jun 2008
Dark_Kain said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
werr-y said:

Anyone notice that she is wearing nothing?

This is what, the fourth time this has happened?

I have to question whether this is quality animation or if she genuinely just never wears underwear.

Since Katanagatari is pseudo-historical she probably just don't wears underwear; japanese women started wearing underwear only after the 2nd world war.
Ew...a very sexy truth
Sep 15, 2010 11:49 AM

Dec 2008
Not a bad episode. I think I'm more happy with the fact that Shichika is showing more emotion. Definitely not as flat as a character as he use to be.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Sep 19, 2010 3:10 AM

Jul 2008
talk talk talk talk talk talk... and more talk..

Anyways, good episode. Shichika making fun of/tickling Togame scenes were cute. They need more of those <3
Oct 23, 2010 11:51 PM

Mar 2010
Good episode overall. The dialogue always keeps me interested unlike most anime. More Togame and Shichika!
Oct 27, 2010 10:53 AM

Feb 2009
Most action packed episode so far! Loved the fight and dialogue as always, and I wonder, will we reach the end of Katanagatari without any Maniwa Corps left? O_o
Nov 9, 2010 10:35 AM

Feb 2010
cb27ded said:
Not a bad episode. I think I'm more happy with the fact that Shichika is showing more emotion. Definitely not as flat as a character as he use to be.

This!! And I'm liking the growing chemistry between him and Togame... <33
Jan 3, 2011 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
Togame and Shichika definitely seem to be gettig closer with each episode.
The character developement in this show is pretty impressive.

Jan 24, 2011 11:14 PM

Sep 2008
DAT GOLD!

Awesome episode as always. Though I think Shichika's personality made too big a jump between last ep and this one compared to the rest of the series so far. But such a small problem really isn't a problem at all.

5/5
Feb 21, 2011 9:54 AM

Aug 2010
Very good episode. Can't wait for a fight between Shichiki and the Princess.
Jun 25, 2011 2:18 AM

Sep 2010
Woah, Houou has an arm back.
Jan 28, 2012 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
Togame is pretty clever, I don't think I could've decipher that much on the spot would've take me a while :P

Shichika and Togame were so cute this ep :3 and I think Togame looks way better with her short hair
Sep 6, 2012 7:03 AM

Nov 2008
Wow i like Shichika's character development. He even teases Togame alot now haha. The starting scene was funny, how that mansion turned out to be Togame's.
Sep 11, 2012 2:39 AM

Feb 2011
Impressed at Togame's drawing =o Good fighting too .
Nov 9, 2012 5:10 PM

May 2012
Great episode the concept of the robot doll being the sword was quite interesting, and ended quite nicely! We also got a new Op and Ed so sadly that means we won't see her having her long hair back sadly enough! It will take some time to get used to it but it will be fine in the end!

Still great episode, love how the story progresses!
Jan 24, 2013 10:33 PM

Nov 2011
Loved the rivalry between Togame and Hitei this episode! I think Togame might be a little jealous as well ^_-

>No sneaking, no sparing, no killing
Damn.

Nice fight this episode. That human doll sure got what it had coming.
Mar 20, 2013 3:06 PM
Apr 2012
This episode certainly had some good moments but overall it was a bit boring imo.
HawthorneKitty said:
The gold!?

Haven't you seen Togame's house? You really think she needs a few gold bars? :P
Apr 11, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
They are so cute together, I like how they tease each other :)

As expected, the pair of guns really are a "sword" (though it was kind of obvious coming from its name and silhouette from the first episode).

This was probably my least favorite sword so far. I liked the idea of both the armor one and the guns, but somehow I found this to be pretty meh imo :/

Btw, the new OP is also meh, the first one was much better (which I've found good).
RazielZeroApr 12, 2013 9:23 AM
May 3, 2013 3:51 PM
Aug 2011
Ewwww Ali Project.

Would you look at that? Shichika's realizing he is more than just Kyotouryuu waiting to be used when commanded.
May 28, 2013 2:16 AM

Jan 2013
Shit, I can't believe I made the huge mistake of watching episode 9 before this episode. Really, I had up to episode 10 downloaded but since I hadn't watch episode 7 for a few hours I picked the wrong episode. It's truly horrible having to go back and watch this one out of order.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Jun 27, 2013 11:12 PM

Nov 2012
lol I never thought its togame's house..
I was think it is that annoying princess house :3

hehe the doll is kind of creepy :3
Aug 27, 2013 8:02 AM
May 2012
Shichika is becoming more awesome and Togame's hair please grow back and damn that gold why would you throw it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.