Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Got classic Aniplex anime vibes from this. I know this is an adaptation but almost has an original anime feel.

First episode introduces what the anime sells and it involves protagonist Kazuhiko meeting other heroines, most prominently Anna. She seems like an airhead and childish at times but overall, an entertaining character so far. Oh and this takes place at a school setting so there's drama and shenanigans. Chika's character introduction made me facepalm.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Kazuhiko so far. Nothing really stands out about him including his personality. On the other hand, this has a lot of entertaining segments just from this episode alone. Character chemistry is there too and I see this will be a major part of the show.
Jul 13, 8:59 AM

May 2020
Not even sure what A-1 is doing here, but hey, you could see just how good this one looks visually. By the way, the start was actually pretty hilarious. I kind of really felt it when the girl was taking a sip to feel at ease using that same pipe which her now ‘ex-boyfriend’ used just minutes ago… and got caught red-handed by our rather unremarkable main guy. Though they really weren’t messing around when they said this a series about losing heroines.

I mean she consented to it herself, so she can’t blame how she lost her guy now. Though yeah, not even the first episode and our main guy has already found his second and third victims. Not sure if this number will go up, but I’m quite liking the blue haired girl Yanami Anna here, who really has what it takes to be the poster figure for rejected girls. Now they’ve filtered or will filter out the rejected girls and then they’d be the main heroines for this guy, where again only one would be chosen… certainly one concept this is if nothing lol. Liked the start.
Jul 13, 9:00 AM

Dec 2021
People may say that this season's romcom is Rosidere... yeah get that trash out of here to make way for the REAL romcom of the season, A-1's Makeine.

Yeah right off the bat you can tell there's a lot of passion and effort put into this. Direction aside, from the start, poor Mizusawa from Tomozaki-kun, I mean Anna. She was destined to lose from the start though, she's not only a childhood friend, but she also has short and blue hair... check's out why she lost. Then this girl has the NERVE to not pay my dude back in cash, but in bentos... man, if you don't pay the poor dude. Then we got girl #2, Shizuka from 100 Kanojo, I mean Chika. And as expected, the Kazuhiko's sis is even sharper than her onii-chan in her comments.

I would want to say poor Anna for going through the hell that was that karaoke, but again, since she doesn't want to pay my man in cash I could care less. Though thinking about it now, it is kinda it Anna's fault because she stayed in the friendzone, thinking that dude she has a crush on wouldn't look for someone else, but felt the loss when he got a new girlfriend. Clearly it broke her, but at the end of the day, she has Kazuhiko now to spew all her problems onto... just please start thinking about paying the poor guy in money and NOT bentos lol.

Yeah no doubt it, this is a contender for not only romcom of the season, but of the year just from this first episode alone. Ya nailed it A-1.

Jul 13, 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
SAVING THE BEST ROM-COM FOR THE LAST this Summer season, it's Takibi Amamori and Imigimuru (KonoBi a.k.a Art Club & Lycoris Recoil)'s Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! This is A-1 Pictures's return to the rom-com scene since Kaguya-sama back in Winter 2019.

The story about a tale of losing heroines, and a mob character of Kazuhiko Nukumizu, realizing that he got caught in an altercation between a potential couple: the losing heroine of Anna Yanami, and her supposed childhood friend of Sosuke Hakamada, going for another girl whom he fancies: Karen Himemiya, whom Anna treats her as her very good friend. But towards Nukumizu, the desperation of her getting caught drinking his drink, to then throwing her tantrum at him and ordering food that he didn't order to satiate her rejected feelings, drowning in her losing heroine status.

Oh welp, the relationship between Anna, Karen and Sosuke is so pressuring that Nukumizu has to bail her out, more than what she owed him for the restaurant food, which was not cheap at all. Instead, having to repay him through her bento, it's classic rom-com tropes accumulated until she can pay 3,617 yen in total.

Through a girl of Chika Komari, like her, Nukumizu is in the literature club for works, with 3rd Year Koto Tsukinoki being in charge...of having her own BL works on the shelves too. And if anything, his younger sister Kaju is a brocon lols. Anna giving Nukumizu "homemade bento" other than being jealous of being invited to karaoke with the couple, it is a rather poor effort that doesn't cost much lols. But then, comes Lemon Yakishio, a girl which like Anna, is rather fancy of Nukumizu's cram school friend of Mitsuki Ayano, but that he also has someone fancy, like the smart Chihaya Asagumo who does the same studies as him.

For now, it's all Anna whom she grudges dumping her potential boyfriend over her close friend, though this will be a rom-com that gets Nukumizu covered in all ways that he will not expect.

Love2000 is a great song being a cover of Hitomi's OG song, and Anna's VA Hikaru Toono gets it to a T, having the FLCL nostagia feeling.

Despite debut director Shotaro Kitamura's approach (which is actually great), a lot of A-1's core staff is on this, so this rom-com is left to great hands.
KANLen09Jul 22, 7:45 AM
Jul 13, 9:21 AM
Jul 2024
!!!!! So pretty, and consistent
Jul 13, 9:30 AM
Jan 2020
Last time a RomCom was this good was Saekano, now we're just getting Dress-up Darling clones instead of these good 'ol classic harem romcoms
RonninnJul 13, 6:10 PM
Jul 13, 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Looking very good in more than one way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 13, 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
Once again, the animation of a show this season looks really impressive. Feel like I've stated that at least 3 times today and for various different shows this season. Nukumizu's not quite that interesting yet of a character but obviously this is just the starting point for him to figure out if there's a romance waiting for him around the corner amidst all the romance and heartbreak in the air around the school. Multiple girls already were shown like Anna, Lemon and Chika who all have crushes but sadly are taken or interested in someone else (well for Anna it is confirmed as her crush is dating her 'best friend'). Anna's quite the personality, not exactly one I enjoyed watching but the animation did her justice and hey, her being the losing childhood friend with blue hair is perfect symbolism for the typical losing heroine in anime/manga/light novel series like these and her emotions were on display throughout the episode with jealousy, frustration, sadness and binge eating to calm herself down while conversing with Nukumizu. She does have a personality that's not my archtype of favorites to say the least but to be honest, not her or the other losing heroines I saw here really fit that. Hopefully the cast is better but at least the anime staff did a good job with adapting the material in this first episode. Nukumizu has a temporary 'contract' of sorts with Anna to hang out with her from time to time and eat her bentos that he assigns values too to pay off the debt for him paying for her food at the restaurant during her 'sacrifice' moment. Hopefully whether with her or the others, he's able to grow as a character throughout the series since he was fairly indifferent and intentionally bland to start off with.

The ED visually is really damn nice here too but that's no surprise whatsoever. This season's setting a high bar for well-animated shows as a whole, but as a start, would say I'm mostly indifferent to it for the time being. Hopefully that changes positively as the series goes on.
Jul 13, 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
My most anticipated show of the season finally here 😩 Let the gooners keep roshidere. Best romcom is here.

I’m so moved man, I had to pause the episode constantly to just appreciate how amazing this looks. Almost 86 like quality to a romcom?? Matter of fact I’m sure some of the 86 staff had to have worked on this. Just blew my mind how good this looks, the animation, the backgrounds, the character designs, whew 😋

I love Anna already! She and the MC’s chemistry is so good! Lot of fast paced and quick witted humour, and I like the themes of youth heartbreak. When this first got announced it seemed like it was gonna be a harem from the title, but I’m guessing the no losing heroines bit comes from the MC helping all these girls out with their crushes who are already taken, or at least emotionally taken?

I can’t wait for more! That scene of Nukimizu going up to the roof and he sees Anna and the wind starts blowing reminded me of the scene from 86 OP 2 with Shin seeing Lena in the field of flowers.. just beautifully done. Interesting characters with a diverse set of personalities, funny, not relying on fanservice, great seiyuus.. I’m hooked

As an LN enthusiast I love the basket haul scene in the ED of him just buying 20-30 LNs at a time, so relatable lol.

This season is amazing for romance, arguably best ever AND we haven’t even got Kimi ni todoke season 3 yet 😭 we are up so much
Marinate1016Jul 13, 11:16 AM
Jul 13, 10:37 AM

Feb 2021
Another A-1 Pictures masterclass!
I love when light novel series revolve around characters that also like light novels, and I also found funny how on the ED he is buying his own light novel in which he is the protagonist.
Jul 13, 10:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Very silly but a lot of fun, seems like a promising show
Jul 13, 10:55 AM

Mar 2021
This was brilliant it's looking like this will be a fantastic series.
Jul 13, 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, it wasn't a cheap slop you'd expect from A1. I wonder if the rather unusual framing is due to the director working mainly on storyboards up to this point. It was a pleasant surprise. If they keep this level for the rest of the season, it should be a good watch.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 13, 11:00 AM
Jul 2024
Will it beat Alya as my #1 this Season? Only time & more episodes will tell.
Jul 13, 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
this is some generational work im experiencing from A-1 here! the backdrops and shading almost remind me of a KyoAni work like hyouka or euphonium.

but besides that, im quite liking this anime and its fun characters. should be a nice change of pace to look at the 'losing side' of a romance
Jul 13, 11:26 AM

Jan 2023
I laughed so hard during that opening scene, that Anna girl really is all over the place!
She's a big weirdo who goes through all kind of emotions and logics in a matter of seconds, a perfect fit for our calm and lonely mc.
"There are only two kind of girls in this world: the childhood friends and the homewreckers", guess that makes sense from the childhood friend's pov haha.
I've been completely sold on the show already because of her antics.

Among the other characters, I liked his little sister the most: "you're right, how can someone without friends get a girlfriend?", so harsh but she speaks the truth like no one.
All characters seem pretty fun overall, and I can't wait to see more of them!

A fun concept which leads to a very solid and amusing first episode.
I think this series might end up as one of my favorites this season, looking forward to the next episodes :)
MeguSae38Jul 13, 11:33 AM
Jul 13, 11:27 AM
Mar 2020
The way that way waaaaaayyyyyyy too many people ignoring this anime is criminal.

Even from the manga perspective this is one of the better romcom out there, concept and plot wise it's very realistic, I think there are MANY people that are either on Yanami's position or Nukumizu's (Though there are always chance that the author will screw things up on the latter part)

I'm 100% excited to see this in anime form, there are notable differences between this and the manga, probably this one is using the LN (Obviously).

I hope they can keep this consistent quality like the way they did with Lycoris Recoil.

ED animation is also epic though.

Jul 13, 11:28 AM

Jan 2024
Cinema, Absolute Cinema
A1 picture if they keep this up it will be a masterpiece of highest form

The concept was so intresting and so far the execution seems perfect.
Anna Yanami & Nukumizu already hit perfect sync form the start their dynamic is already a delight to watch. He already helped Anna way more than he should at start and she didn't even pay her back lmao. Feel but for her being friend zoned but still not able to leave them.
Nukumizu is intresting enough and he may develop as time goes.
Last rooftop scene was so gorgeous the animation of Anna is so so good.
Already rooting for these two my girl need to win this time.

Pure Art!!
WaterMageJul 13, 11:33 AM
Jul 13, 11:33 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to EgatammaN
The way that way waaaaaayyyyyyy too many people ignoring this anime is criminal.

Even from the manga perspective this is one of the better romcom out there, concept and plot wise it's very realistic, I think there are MANY people that are either on Yanami's position or Nukumizu's (Though there are always chance that the author will screw things up on the latter part)

I'm 100% excited to see this in anime form, there are notable differences between this and the manga, probably this one is using the LN (Obviously).

I hope they can keep this consistent quality like the way they did with Lycoris Recoil.

ED animation is also epic though.

@EgatammaN is it just me, or does it feels more like lack of advertisement (atleast in the western community, I don't see people talk about it that much apart from when the 1st pv came out)? Tho i do understand cuz we all know where the budget goes.
Jul 13, 11:34 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to IzanaSolos
People may say that this season's romcom is Rosidere... yeah get that trash out of here to make way for the REAL romcom of the season, A-1's Makeine.

Yeah right off the bat you can tell there's a lot of passion and effort put into this. Direction aside, from the start, poor Mizusawa from Tomozaki-kun, I mean Anna. She was destined to lose from the start though, she's not only a childhood friend, but she also has short and blue hair... check's out why she lost. Then this girl has the NERVE to not pay my dude back in cash, but in bentos... man, if you don't pay the poor dude. Then we got girl #2, Shizuka from 100 Kanojo, I mean Chika. And as expected, the Kazuhiko's sis is even sharper than her onii-chan in her comments.

I would want to say poor Anna for going through the hell that was that karaoke, but again, since she doesn't want to pay my man in cash I could care less. Though thinking about it now, it is kinda it Anna's fault because she stayed in the friendzone, thinking that dude she has a crush on wouldn't look for someone else, but felt the loss when he got a new girlfriend. Clearly it broke her, but at the end of the day, she has Kazuhiko now to spew all her problems onto... just please start thinking about paying the poor guy in money and NOT bentos lol.

Yeah no doubt it, this is a contender for not only romcom of the season, but of the year just from this first episode alone. Ya nailed it A-1.
@IzanaSolos Shut up man, just relax. Both series are good.
Jul 13, 11:34 AM

May 2023
Another masterclass adaptation from A-1 Pictures, I really like the vibes of this one and it already shows that it's going to be better than Roshidere which is just another generic romcom.

Kazuhiko is an ordinary MC but he is always dealing with the loser heroine that makes him not ordinary, Anna with blue and short hair can break the two curses at once? and Lemon who is tomboyish and brown skinned can solve her romance problem? and Chika who is shy and cute can she be honest about her own feelings?. Curious to see how Kazuhiko will interact with these loser heroine.

The comedy in this episode is very very funny especially in the part of Imouto who directly roasts his brother who doesn't have a girlfriend let alone friends, and his relationship with Anna looks quite funny I hope a lot for their relationship.

The animation and visuals are very beautiful to look at. I fell in love with how much movement from the camera that gave some good perspectives, the OST is really good when Anna and Kazuhiko on the stairs.

ED is soo unique, and this ED is among the top 3 best in this season, come on is this less good than Roshidere? no way. This is a candidate for Romance of the year (if they are consistent like in this episode) see you in episode 2!
NezuSwallowtail_Jul 13, 3:52 PM
Jul 13, 11:44 AM
Jan 2022
The vibes in this episode were IMMACULATE. The run-down appearance of the school, the cicadas, the clean animation. Very much looking forward to the next one.
Jul 13, 12:01 PM
Apr 2023
this is great production, lots of unexpectedly good anime this season
Jul 13, 12:06 PM

Feb 2020
So visually stunning!! Just read a few chapters of the manga for this like a week ago and really liked it, so I was surprised to see it was getting an anime adaptation this season. This has the potential, from the visuals alone, to be anime of the season if they don't fuck it up, so I'm hoping to see it adapted more like this first episode for the upcoming episodes that is to come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 12:06 PM

Oct 2017
So guy's gonna make a harem of rejected girls and then reject most of them again himself at the end too cause harem end doesn't exist. He looks and behaves as plain as it can get too, truly a mob character. Animation/visuals were really good, as expected from A-1. But otherwise episode was decent, somewhat entertaining with the rejected girl's behaviour. Funnily enough the winner girls do look better too except the tanned one, cause tanned girl=instant better than others. ED song was nice.
Jul 13, 12:17 PM
Oct 2020
Really love the vibes of this first episode. So I guess he'll be like a Pokemon trainer going around collecting Pokemon except he's collecting a group of rejected girls to make a harem. Honest I quite like this as I usually like the girls who get rejected more than the main girls so having a story about all the side girls who get rejected is nice. Honestly, though Anna was doomed from the start, she literally has all the curses; the blue hair curse, the short hair curse, and the childhood friend curse. She never stood a chance. The comedy was also not bad at all. Now I just have one question what's with all the ribbons/bows?

Best character though so far probably is Kaju the little sister.
RexnihiloJul 13, 12:22 PM
Jul 13, 12:22 PM

Nov 2021
Solid first episode. This anime visually looks great, it gives me a movie kind of vibe. The ED visuals are so cool too
Jul 13, 12:27 PM
May 2023
I honestly wasn’t expecting much but the animation is wayyy better than I thought it’d be
Jul 13, 12:49 PM
Dec 2020
Una obra de arte, el capitulo fue muy bueno
Jul 13, 12:50 PM
Dec 2020
A work of art, the Kaguya sama staff does not deceive.
Jul 13, 1:18 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Thought it would be a quiet season for me and now i have 12 simulcasts again. The production quality looks great for a romcom, A-1 pictures doesn't disappoint.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 13, 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
Stronk
Catch. 'Em. All. Dumped.
Jul 13, 1:31 PM

Aug 2022
I also feel sorry for Anna. It certainly hurts to break up with a crush, especially a childhood friend, I really feel it.

Well what a start in the first episode. It's a cute and fun start to watch and I really enjoyed every second of it, it was really fun.

Jul 13, 1:32 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I never really got into the manga, so I don't know if the MC actually gets into any sort of relationship. That being said, I've always liked Lemon - she's really endearing, not to mention cute.

Jul 13, 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
I really enjoyed this episode. I think it did a great job establishing the premise, and it got me very invested in the relationship between Anna and the protagonist. I'm hoping this won't take the harem route, and he will only help those other two girls in a The World God Only Knows or Monogatari kind of way, if that makes sense.
Jul 13, 2:21 PM

May 2019
"There are only two types of girls. The childhood friend and the homewrecker." -Anna. With that logic every girl that her ex gets with is a homewrecker lol.

Anyway, the production values in this first episode were high, in particular the animation on the rooftop as the wind blew against Anna's hair was incredible. Also, the school, which seems to be based out in the country or rural area, is well detailed with corrosion and rust on the metal railings as an example.

Regarding Anna, she seems to be all over the place mentally but towards the end it seems like she may have finally accepted that her relationship with her childhood friend has ended and hopefully she moves on. On the other hand, Kazuhiko seems like a pretty stable guy albeit a bit dull so far.
Alfredo-SauceJul 13, 9:01 PM
Jul 13, 2:21 PM

Nov 2020
This show is so pretty it's literally not fair. I will be obsessing over this for the next 12 weeks. Bravo A-1!
Jul 13, 2:28 PM
Mar 2024
I think is definitely my favorite (at least so far) of the season. Its smartly written, looks incredible and is genuinely really funny.
Jul 13, 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
This season is just so good that I don’t remember the last time when I was so excited.
Another great start. I already love the main “couple”.
Also, I’m pretty much stunned what A1 pictures did here. It looks simply stunning. And it’s not just the art quality but the animation is literally breathtaking too. Wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 13, 2:57 PM
Aug 2022
So this shows obviously where a bunch of girls get rejected and pour out all there emotions on the mc. So far this shows really funny and all the characters are a lot of fun
Jul 13, 3:14 PM

Jun 2023
It’s been some time since an A-1 romcom!

Absolute cinema
Jul 13, 3:23 PM
Jan 2018
First episode was by far the best animated of the many romcoms of this season, the fudge. Also probably the most fast paced and funniest too.
Jul 13, 3:32 PM
Dec 2020
already one of the best romance anime ever in just 1 episode
Jul 13, 3:59 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to IzanaSolos

IzanaSolos said:
poor Mizusawa from Tomozaki-kun, I mean Anna.

Did you confuse Mimimi with Mizusawa?
Jul 13, 4:12 PM
Feb 2021
damn, if they can be consistent with the quality they could be the underdog of this season's romcom. This anime is overshadowed by the likes of rosidere and gimai seikatsu
Jul 13, 5:10 PM

Dec 2016
I'm still behind a couple of premiere episodes on this season. But this one truly checks my item list on best premiere episodes.

The animation and art are just incredibly for this caliber of a romcom, it gives me the feeling of comix wave style, but less glamorous (which is something that does distract me from Comix Wave titles). I can't gush enough how great the cinematography looks on certain shots thanks to the great work in the compositing and the elaborate character animation. I also dig a lot the smalls bits of drama and the moderate comedic scenes (not a big fan of 3 ring circus kinds of comedy in romcom, so this one hits the right spot in my books).

All the heroines presented in this episode are quite colorful and fun, specially Anna and her being so self absorbed not to notice she's just rising flags with her sudden friendship with Kazuhiko. I hope the guys get fleshed out properly in the long run and hope to see many of these ships set sail.
Jul 13, 5:11 PM

Dec 2022
Beautiful animation and music
Jul 13, 5:58 PM
Nov 2023
Wow. A brand new classic! This will be one of those shows that new anime watchers will have to see 10 years from now.
Jul 13, 6:02 PM

Apr 2022
another really good start, this season is lining up to be very memorable for me. apart from A-1 cooking with the visuals, just a fun episode. yanami is an oddball and we need more girls like her lmao, and some of the dialogue hit as well because i could relate to some of it. nukumizu is also pretty good for an mc. looking forward to the rest of this.
Jul 13, 6:17 PM

Mar 2013
A childhood-ntr series... 😑

P.S. Finally, a series like a LN/VN quality.

P.S. #2 ED is lit lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

187 by Mr_Popepo »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 24

185 by Chicocalte »»
4 hours ago

» Similar but different ideology and believe. (Makeine episode 11 and Rosidere episode 08)

Hickykissy - Today

12 by Quadruple_Oi »»
7 hours ago

» New songs with "Makeine Cheering! Cover Song Collection" album

animelatonina - Sep 24

10 by animelatonina »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17

128 by Shikkakku »»
Today, 5:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.