Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 12:10 AM

Dec 2021
First three episodes have an advance release on Hulu / Max. Each subsequent episode is to be streamed 23 days in advance of the TV broadcast on Hulu / Max.
https://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/suicidesquad-isekai/news/post-13/

There are two things that you'd never think would collide, DC and anime... even worse, an ISEKAI... Brought to you not only by the goats over at WIT, but also written by Re:Zero's author, Tappei Nagatsuki and the writer of 2021's Vivy... One hell of a ride this'll be.

Harley Quinn as a waifu... in all my life as an anime fan, this is something I never expected to see nor be saying. Yet here we are. Gotta say off the bat, they nailed these character designs to perfection. Legit looks just like the comic counterpart just in anime form. Hell I'd say this is better than most adaptions of the Suicide Squad recently. Animation looks stellar as well, to no ones surprise. Entire fight between Harley and Katana was amazing.

Introduction to all the Suicide Squad went exactly like how in the movie too lmao. Same explanation too, bomb in head yada yada. Though ofc the thing to set this apart is the whole thing with the isekai setting. Deadshot as badass as ever, and Peacemaker THE GOAT, too. Don't disrespect King Shark either. And ofc, if it was out of anyone to be a nerd and explain to them what an 'isekai' is it'd be Clayface.

Alright start, I mean this is legit most isekai's we get just this time with DC characters... should be fun. Bring on more!
IzanaSolosJun 27, 12:14 AM

Jun 27, 12:23 AM
Jul 2023
A pretty good start, the animation didn’t disappoint, story and characters introduction done well enough and each characters exude their own kind of fun.

What wackiness the squad up to next is something to look forward to.
Jun 27, 12:29 AM

Feb 2019
Harley my love I’m so moved
Jun 27, 12:30 AM

Feb 2019
IzanaSolos said:
First three episodes have an advance release on Hulu / Max. Each subsequent episode is to be streamed 23 days in advance of the TV broadcast on Hulu / Max.

There are two things that you'd never think would collide, DC and anime... even worse, an ISEKAI... Brought to you not only by the goats over at WIT, but also written by Re:Zero's author, Tappei Nagatsuki and the writer of 2021's Vivy... One hell of a ride this'll be.

Harley Quinn as a waifu... in all my life as an anime fan, this is something I never expected to see nor be saying. Yet here we are. Gotta say off the bat, they nailed these character designs to perfection. Legit looks just like the comic counterpart just in anime form. Hell I'd say this is better than most adaptions of the Suicide Squad recently. Animation looks stellar as well, to no ones surprise. Entire fight between Harley and Katana was amazing.

Introduction to all the Suicide Squad went exactly like how in the movie too lmao. Same explanation too, bomb in head yada yada. Though ofc the thing to set this apart is the whole thing with the isekai setting. Deadshot as badass as ever, and Peacemaker THE GOAT, too. Don't disrespect King Shark either. And ofc, if it was out of anyone to be a nerd and explain to them what an 'isekai' is it'd be Clayface.

Alright start, I mean this is legit most isekai's we get just this time with DC characters... should be fun. Bring on more!

DC have several anime already tho? Batman Gotham knight was fire.
Jun 27, 12:39 AM
Apr 2021
Animation is so good. If nothing else, the show looks like it'll be FUN.
Jun 27, 12:52 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Marinate1016
IzanaSolos said:

DC have several anime already tho? Batman Gotham knight was fire.
@Marinate1016 Was under the impression that Ninja Batman was the only other DC anime out there lol mb. And most people like to not remember it too much, for better or for worse. I'll take the Gotham Knight recc tho thx.

Jun 27, 12:57 AM

Jan 2016
I was wondering why there were no announcements for the EN dub cast... So the dub is just inexistent huh
After watching the movie and playing the game, the squad in Japanese voice feels sooo weird

But I do like the concept, not to talk about the clean animation and banger musics
Jun 27, 2:15 AM

Mar 2019
Felt kind of weird.

The animation felt lacking at times like in that Harley-Katana fight and the battle scenes between the fantasy world humans and hogs, but I began to enjoy it a lot once the other squad members were introduced and they had they had their own fight with the hogs. I enjoyed the interactions between the team members.
Jun 27, 2:46 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
damn, 3 episodes already? shit, guess i gotta wait till after work to get my fix of sexy ass anime girl HQ<3
Jun 27, 3:15 AM
Apr 2022
First 3 eps were pretty solid. Animation in ep 1 & 3 were very good. Sad the production isn’t good tho cuz it’s very stacked it seems. Plot seems aight but I’d say it’s mostly gonna be a fun action show
Jun 27, 3:28 AM

Dec 2012
Pudding-Chan...
Jun 27, 3:32 AM
Jun 2023
Had me dying with Harley watching that parody of Joaquin Phoenix's, Joker, stairway scene on the TV 😂
Jun 27, 3:39 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Peenutz
First 3 eps were pretty solid. Animation in ep 1 & 3 were very good. Sad the production isn’t good tho cuz it’s very stacked it seems. Plot seems aight but I’d say it’s mostly gonna be a fun action show
@Peenutz What do you mean by production isn't good ?
Jun 27, 3:43 AM

Jul 2017
Didn't feel this much. The idea of an isekai anime with Suicide Squad didn't sound that appealing to me on paper and after this first episode, probably confirmed that this is not for me story-wise. Just was too boring to watch and the cast being in an isekai world doesn't move me much conceptually and seeing it play out. The animation was fine but the Harley-Katana fight was a bit inconsistent and honestly, looked decent at times and a bit too slow and off in others. I know that with WIT involved as the studio, talent will definitely be there with this project, but with the bar for action scenes being pretty high over the last few years, this wasn't quite 'top tier' from this episode alone. Maybe it improves later. Japanese version is fine but obviously, I would prefer a normal dub of this on paper... except that I heard a few minutes of the dub and didn't enjoy hearing Harley Quinn whatsoever sadly, just too wooden for my liking in comparison and it's not good enough for me to still choose the English version over the Japanese version due to how I've watched over DC stuff over the years. I'm a person that doesn't mind dubs either and has seen a fair share of shows in dub and enjoyed it so this was a shame.
Jun 27, 3:47 AM

Oct 2017
This got an early premier too nice.

Wait that was deadshot? Why doesn't he look like Will Smith.

Harley Quinn looks so cute and adorable. Been loving her in the anime. She's badass too. Nagase Anna doing great voicing her too.

Episode was decent with some nice action sequence and letting us know the general setting. It's suicide squad in isekai. Not that we already didn't know.

Not a big fan of DC verse or suicide squad. The only DC thing I like is batman and related media. Big fan of the darknight trilogy.

Anyway decent start, I liked it. Mostly cause Harley Quinn.
MegamiRemYesterday, 12:36 AM
Jun 27, 3:52 AM
Jan 2019
probably going to be an attempt to make more people buy the game. Re zero author - really? Then that makes it even more likely that it will be blegh. Re zero had such an unintentionally dumb written protagonist.
Warner bros do this, where they try to pretend they are "hip". Look at the wording of the title - "Isekai". That's only titled like that because they know it's a popular genre rn and want to get as many people to read it a know what it is immediately - it's the same principle as the first 3 sec of a short video have to grab the audience for it to have better engagement. It's just marketing and if the marketing starts from the title + all the other factors like it's warner bros, it's releasing after their game - it's apparent it wasn't done for the art, but for the marketing.
JabokaJun 27, 3:57 AM
Jun 27, 4:57 AM

May 2019
Okay this is pretty special for a DC comics show.
Jun 27, 5:01 AM
Jul 2021
Good animation but everything else was trash
Jun 27, 5:17 AM

May 2015
A pretty good premiere episode. Amanda Waller still being Amanda Waller even in an anime. While this version of Harley exudes that poisonous brightly colored flower charm. I can't fix her!
Jun 27, 5:28 AM

Apr 2022
was an okay start, i just want some fire action. animation went from okay to pretty good, but nothing crazy so far. harley ftw and my man peacemaker voiced by takehito is so jokes, also instantly recognized lelouch voice i'm not too big on clayface. deadshot seems decent, jokers definitely very out there and katana's cool.
Jun 27, 6:01 AM
Aug 2020
it was an interesting ep 1

i really enjoy it
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 27, 6:03 AM
May 2021
I'm loving Anna Nagase voicing Harley Quinn and chewing the scenery.
Jun 27, 6:24 AM
Jan 2018
First episode was okay... animation looks great, but the fighting between Harley and Katana felt stilted... character design was good, even though most of the females look 16 yo... hated the jump cut at the end where they were suddenly locked up, they could have easily took out the humans or just got away. This didn't make me want to immediately jump to episode 2... maybe it'll grab me in the second episode.
Jun 27, 6:25 AM

Jul 2020
now this was cool, I love Harley Quinn, one of the very few DC/Marvel characters who appeal to me
Jun 27, 6:31 AM

May 2023
Only Anna Nagase as Harley Quinn's VA made me interested in continuing this.

hope Joker also gets into isekai at some point.
Jun 27, 6:44 AM

Jun 2021
Although I like Harley Quinn but I don't think even she can carry this trash series for me.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Jun 27, 7:02 AM
Mar 2024
I’m a big fan of the IP already and Re Zero is my favorite anime, so I had some hopes for this one. Thankfully my expectations were mostly met. Not a perfect episode 1 by any means, but this seems like it’ll be a fun watch if anything.
Jun 27, 7:14 AM

Feb 2022
Nagase, Anna is doing a pretty good job as Harley, she is very new to the VA business.
Jun 27, 7:48 AM

Jul 2011
Katana look very young to be widow already.

Time to do a deeper dive to see who can open a dimension portal in the DC universe, with the only clue that is a woman.
Jun 27, 8:00 AM

Jun 2024
it looks like this is gonna be some turn ur brain off fun, and yeah i can get behind that. also harley's design is so cute <3
Jun 27, 8:08 AM

Dec 2020
Dc fans
Anime fans
Isekai fans
They're now aligned watchin' this show. Didn't had much expectation at first. But then I got to know the studio is WIT and the story writer is Re:Zero's author. Thatz the moment I knew itz gonna be one hell of a ride. I got a crush on Harley as soon as I saw her. Man her character design is so fine. Joker didn't get isekaid...well thatz a blessing for the isekai world💀. 3 eps at a time less goo
Jun 27, 8:15 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@Peenutz What do you mean by production isn't good ?
@ZXEAN well the behind the scenes is kind of rough. Even though it has already finished all of the episodes, the actual making of those episodes was rushed. The producer ootani had to leave mid production to go help noko tan which is also struggling
Jun 27, 8:26 AM

Mar 2020
I don't know about this one, but it's entertaining enough. Not too big a fan of the character designs, but then I haven't watched The Suicide Squad in ages so I barely remember anything from it, and the designs from the movies. It's WIT Studio so the fights looked cool, and the music was also decent. Otherwise, it just feels like good looking slop. Not to say that slop isn't enjoyable sometimes, so maybe Tappei can make this at least something worthwhile.

Torn between continuing in sub or dub. Dub was funnier in my opinion, but Harley's voice just felt a bit too flat to me in that version. Hopefully the story doesn't completely fall flat though.
Jun 27, 8:28 AM

Oct 2008
awful. DC has thee WORST fictional characters ever written. the worst part is sites like Anilist are being paid to promote it behind closed doors. go look at LIST and its always pushed up at the top despite search settings implying it'd be somewhere else.

terrible.

Jun 27, 8:32 AM
Jan 2022
Very exciting, especially in the beautiful but strong Harley part, lots of comedy and action, it's perfect
Jun 27, 8:40 AM

Oct 2023
Probably the only isekai I'd grab a bucket of popcorn with. First episode delivers insane actions, though the Isekai introductions are totally the same as in other Isekai anime. Suicide Squad ISEKAI is why I can enjoy a lot of generic & mid isekai as many as I can.

Anna Nagase, never heard of the seiyuu before, but she definitely has the potential to voice other female MCs in other properly-written manga.

Totally intrigued to see how the story goes from here!
dazedcowcow62Jun 27, 8:47 AM
Jun 27, 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
A DC-centric Suicide Squad, but with the Isekai twist, written by Re:Zero author Tappei Nagatsuki alongside co-scriptwriter Eiji Umehara from Spring 2021's Vivy: Flourite Eyes' Song, plus with Wit Studio having the Spy X Family production treatment, this gonna be finna wild.

To be honest, it's weird having to listen the Suicide Squad in their Japanese VA counterparts, but it really gave them the personality as if you're a native Japanese. Harley Quinn in anime form is HOT as a waifu, and Joker is even better, though her fight with Katana is just as clumsy and menacing as her real comic/movie counterpart. Still, Harley getting captured and thrown into the other world's A.R.G.U.S facility (that's headed by Amanda Waller) to conduct a mission, she's joined by Deadshot, Peacemaker, Clayface and King Shark, the Suicide Squad find themselves right in the Isekai world.

In the world of dragons and mythical beings, the Suicide Squad's danger is real, but nothing they can't handle against pig beings. On the side of the knights, Peacemaker realizing that his fictionalized topics of interest came true, they ARE really in an Isekai...though their starting point is rather fumbling.

It has promise to deliver, so expectations will be good.
Jun 27, 12:15 PM

Jan 2008
WIT Studio is the goat, no complaints there. But Suicide Squad is still just the same old same old, even with the nice anime character design art-style. With the race-swap of Deadshot, I'm guessing this series is an alternate retelling of the live-action Suicide Squad movies. That, or this is just the way it is going forward, even if other characters aren't exactly the same as their live-action counterparts.

I wish they didn't make Joker's teeth on his smile painted on his lips like a tattoo. Stylistically interesting for sure, however of all the mediums, 2D animation was the few where they could have pulled off the exaggerated wide grin, and they blew it.
Jun 27, 1:23 PM
Mar 2021
It seems like a good idea but the implementation is shit as it's basically just generic modern DC garbage with a very thin layer of anime painted on. It feels like a default Warner/DC project with the same characters, themes, plots, jokes & whatnot that most of us are bored of, it's just been handed over to an anime studio for a day to spice it up a bit. It even does the SS origin story again FFS. Who thought we needed that? It would have been much more interesting to see the SS as seasoned veterans as that's never been done in a show or movie.
Also, if I have to hear 'puddin' one more time I'll probably puke and never watch anything DC ever again. This Joker/Harley bullcrap has been beaten to death a hundred times already, let it rest for the love of fock.
DeansdaleJun 27, 1:32 PM
Jun 27, 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
Well, a bit too cringe at times but somewhat interesting anyways. Let's see where this goes.
Jun 27, 1:29 PM
Jun 2015
in one word, cheap
Jun 27, 2:08 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to BlichoBoy
Katana look very young to be widow already.

Time to do a deeper dive to see who can open a dimension portal in the DC universe, with the only clue that is a woman.
@BlichoBoy I'm pretty sure it's Enchantress.
Jun 27, 2:10 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Jhacob
in one word, cheap
@Jhacob How is it cheap? It's not a cash grab. It has amazing visuals, the voice acting is great, nothing says cheap here to me.
Jun 27, 2:16 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Deansdale
It seems like a good idea but the implementation is shit as it's basically just generic modern DC garbage with a very thin layer of anime painted on. It feels like a default Warner/DC project with the same characters, themes, plots, jokes & whatnot that most of us are bored of, it's just been handed over to an anime studio for a day to spice it up a bit. It even does the SS origin story again FFS. Who thought we needed that? It would have been much more interesting to see the SS as seasoned veterans as that's never been done in a show or movie.
Also, if I have to hear 'puddin' one more time I'll probably puke and never watch anything DC ever again. This Joker/Harley bullcrap has been beaten to death a hundred times already, let it rest for the love of fock.
@Deansdale Seasoned vets have been done, three times. Suicide Squad Hell to pay, Justice League Dark APOKOLIPS WAR, and The Suicide Squad.

In Hell To Pay, Deadshot, Harley, and Boomerang were vets to this. In APOKOLIPS WAR, they had been a team for a while. And in The Suicide Squad half the team were vets from the first film.
Jun 27, 3:10 PM
Oct 2023
The start is quite good starting from the introduction of the character Harley Queen first and the animation is also good during the fighting scenes, there are no stiff scenes. For now I quite like this anime.And in the future, hopefully it will remain consistent and the quality of the anime will not decrease
Jun 27, 3:23 PM
Oct 2022
oyooo wtfff i just open anime site and see this anime, its dope asf, unexpected and dope, watch this
Jun 27, 4:05 PM

Jun 2015
We got nothing but worthless haters in this thread. Get a life losers. Nobody cares that you hate American IP. This is good shit! I love that there's no dub.
Jun 27, 4:12 PM
Dec 2017
interesting first episode. like the characters prior to this show but think the concept is cool and unique in a genre I find stale
Jun 27, 4:14 PM

Jul 2011
Not even the author of re:zero can salvage anything out of bad western media.
Jun 27, 4:34 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to HansDevX
Not even the author of re:zero can salvage anything out of bad western media.
@HansDevX Comic Suicide Squad is really good. However only second lifeaction adaptation was able to capture that specific original mood. Sadly, this anime does the source material badly
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A desperate anime ( 1 2 3 )

Koyorides_ - Yesterday

133 by Ventus_S »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Sub or dub?

nightryder99 - Today

24 by DarthRizzer »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 27

40 by NillyPC »»
3 hours ago

» Is it necessary to know the lore or can I watch it normally and understand it if I’m not too into (familiarized) DC?

0k_Cxz - Yesterday

18 by Theo1899 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 27

31 by NillyPC »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.