Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
It's so silly that Sarah has to use shady methods to get a family registar. But hey on the bright side, Sosuke really does care about her well-being and wants to be his guardian.

Good to see Livia enjoying food and time with her new friends. Honestly, a pretty tame and light episode.
May 23, 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
Would i eat insects if they were made by Livia, i think i would give them a try.
Anyway it seems to school is secured now i wonder how that's going to turn out.
I also wonder how Livia's band will turn out it does look interesting so far.
May 23, 11:03 AM

Mar 2019
The adoption going smoothly, and Sara got to meet her new grandpa.
On another side, Livia made a LOT of tempuras for her friends. I knew that grasshopper is delicious but just imagining eat them all can give you a nightmare.
May 23, 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
Ahaha Damn lol So much fun xd
May 23, 1:19 PM

Apr 2022

This has huge meme potential
May 23, 3:01 PM

Sep 2014
Sara is just turning into a regular kid at this point. I genuinely like how this anime just throw away the isekai theme and just make it a regular father and daughter anime lol.
May 23, 3:43 PM

Sep 2020
felixsifuri said:

This has huge meme potential

They did the thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 3:44 PM

Sep 2020
I really love the Adoption plot. It’s really wholesome. Kousuke’s Dad is great too. Can’t wait to see him be a doting granddad more
Yuri_NijiMay 23, 3:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 4:33 PM

Feb 2019
I’m glad the whole fake backstory gimmick Sosuke came up for Sara didn’t take root and the dad was actually smart enough to see thru it lol. I was gonna be annoyed. The adoption plot is so wholesome and I can’t wait to see Sara truly become Sosuke’s daughter!

Yuna and Sara getting closer was great too because Sara really needs to connect with kids her own age for her emotional development. Yuna of course coming for that bullying arc earlier in the season really is able to relate to Sara and their sleep over was so cute. I love that they recreated the famous celebration meme too 😂

Happy we saw Livia in the episode but I really could’ve done without the whole grasshopper plot line 🤢 after mayonnaise on pizza in Yuru camp I didn’t think anime food could get worse today, fairs it did. Would’ve done exactly what Puriketsu did and swapped plates with the other girl lmao.

Speaking of people her own age, so Sara is actually an elementary school age?? She’s gonna be a riot at school I can already tell 😂
Marinate1016May 23, 5:01 PM
May 23, 5:44 PM

Aug 2017
You can tell that an anime is good, when the ED is taking you by surpise every week ("Huh, already the ED? Can't believe 20 minutes are already over"😅)

What a nice little episode.
Nothing happens, but also everything happens.
We got to see bonding between Sara and her "grandpa" and Sara & Yuna. Poor Yuna, she was hoping to be classmates with Sara. Also did not expect that they went the elementary-school-route (like most anime usually put their main heroine in middle or high schools).

Really enjoyed the Livia fragment in here. Together with Minakami and Puriketsu they form an interesting trio with a great dynamic. Curious to see where this will be going.
Marinate1016 said:
after mayonnaise on pizza in Yuru camp I didn’t think anime food could get worse today, fairs it did
Haha, thought so too.😂 It t was a very "interesting" day from a culinary point of view😂🍕🦗
May 23, 5:48 PM
Jun 2020
The age gag was funny for 2 seconds, but it's so dumb that they just didn't push her age up to 13 anyway.
May 23, 6:41 PM

Sep 2016
...four fiancees and three servants? lol
bruh
May 23, 7:28 PM
Apr 2024
MMMM it's always a good day when Livia shows up. She's looking as beautiful as usual, nice and juicy.
I'd eat all the grasshoppers if she made them for me.

Unfortunately it looks like next episode will be another Livia-less episode. Gotta two more grueling weeks for more of best girl :(
The height of critical thinking and media analysis (and a little bit downie):
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
May 23, 8:03 PM

May 2019
Too bad Sara did not consider Yuna when Sosuke suggested her going to elementary school rather than middle school.

Btw, I figured Sara will be popular at school as Yuna pointed out how outgoing she is but she's also a cute foreigner with blonde hair so of course she's going to get more attention and she already has 4 boyfriends lol.
May 23, 9:31 PM
Nov 2018
It's amusing how Sara integrated into society already.
May 23, 10:55 PM
Feb 2019
Underrated Anime of the Season for sure
May 23, 11:41 PM

Jan 2012
Don't know if anyone here's been doing something like this, but I've been buying and eating a different salad every Thursday just for this show since the second episode. Every week's been a blast so far, other than maybe the infamous cult episode where I ended up tossing my unfinished somen salad onto some nearby grass outside.

Anyway, I've also been incorporating some good stuff on the side like fish and ramen (just like Livia), but I ain't about those grasshoppers at all. Not a chance! Still, probably not as big an L as Yuna took in being left to fend for herself in middle school. That episode preview looks like trouble!
May 24, 12:01 AM

Feb 2016
I liked this episode as always, but the end made me really mad, like, they have lied so much, and at the very end of it all they just can't lie about Sara being 13? That made all she said to Yuna be worthless, now she is in her right to be angry as fuck with Sera, poor girl I legit feel sorry for her.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 24, 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
I'm a fan of Sosuke's father.
May 24, 8:27 AM

Dec 2022
Who would have thought that eating all the grasshoppers would make you dream being attacked by them.

I definitely never saw that coming :3

May 24, 9:28 AM
Nov 2022
This anime is one of the ones I'm enjoying the most of the season, of course, I like random things so it's nothing new xd.

Finally, Sara is Sosuke's daughter, I wonder how Livia will react to that hahaha
May 24, 10:24 AM

Jun 2019
The cult leader's way of thinking and her way of seeing the world is so interesting to me and there's something I find very appealing in and attractive about it. She can choose to look at anything from the most unpredictable angles to justify whatever grand vision and ideology she has, to which Livia is a central figure. It's no wonder that a person like that could not only conceive of the idea for the formation of a specific cult and its hierarchy and layout, as well as lead it, but even simultaneously actively convince herself that it is good and she is doing a good and justified thing all the while being intelligent, rational, and completely lucid enough to know full well that it's also a scam and sham. She's playing with people's lives and life savings and feels it's a noble and beautiful thing.

How could those two contradictory ideas co-exist in her head at the same time? I feel like this episode gives a little insight into her thought process, by showing it with something unrelated. Here she was, like many people would be, immediately repelled by the idea of chowing down on grasshoppers, to the point where you could tell that if it was in any other context or given to her by another person, she would have very likely rejected them out of hand. But of course she found a way to convince herself it was a rare and unique delicacy for refined palates and start enthusiastically digging in and even enjoying herself.

She's so good at effectively "deceiving" herself that it's no wonder she seamlessly transitions to deceiving others for a living.

What an incredible woman.

It's probably for the best that she became a recurring character. At first I thought she'd just be isolated to that original episode in which she first appeared and if she wasn't and did reappear, then she'd just be such a one-note character, and to some extent she is, but there is also some subtle depth there.

Completely independently of and apart from that though and my feelings toward her, I also really want grasshopper tempura now and felt this craving lit within me since it first appeared in this series in an earlier episode. I've traveled all over in the past, but insects as cuisine are so rarely come across unless you're catching them yourself.

I also found the father to be characterized in an interesting way. He didn't believe them out of hand with little to no effort like a convenient gullible person in a sitcom. But nor did, once he confirmed and they admitted they were lying, he even seemed to care or chastise them. He alone was set on knowing the truth, having conducted his own investigation and then forcing his son to admit to it, and then immediately without hesitation joined in on the lie helping them cover it up for everyone else including their other close associates (like the homewrecker employee) they've known for years. That's a sharp but loyal and generous father. The best kind.
WatchTillTandavaMay 24, 10:33 AM
May 24, 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
They're faking her identity either way, just say she's born in 2011 bruh.
May 24, 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
Sousuke's dad is fairly well-connected if he has contacts with people willing to bend the rules and accidentally find some lost documents. Well, given his less-than-ethical practices at his agency like setting up honey traps, can't say I'm too surprised. Also, the way he laughs reminds me of Mori Kogoro, except he's actually a competent detective.

Grasshoppers...the only way I'd be willing to eat them is I was paid a million dollars, or if it was the last source of food in post-apocalyptic world.

With all the lies they've already spun, I'm surprised Sara and Sousuke don't just lie and say she's a year older. What's another lie or two when her entire identity is based on a lie.

$700 for a backpack!? And I thought $50 was already steep.

Now Sara is "officially" Sousuke's daughter...very wholesome. I'm curious now if she'll also get a new step-mom in the future. Let's hope her old family that tried to off her don't also travel over from the other world as well.

Looks like Yuna is gonna be alone in her new school with how she blew her introduction.

Next week...wtf, "3 boyfriends"? Sousuke, you better do something about that as a dad.

I feel like an idiot, but I just noticed that "Sara da Odin" is pun on Salad in a bowl.
Estoy_GordoMay 24, 2:34 PM
May 24, 10:46 PM

Mar 2008
That was a pretty cute plot with the adoption

It's such weirdness all this effort was made to make illegal documents but not bump up Sara's age just a year for a short joke and screw Yuna over. That is a little annoying.
May 25, 3:35 AM
Apr 2023
Yeah this really became a funny yet heart-warming anime adaptation.
The author of the source LN really made something completely different than the other ones, A Little Sister Is All You Need and HagaNai, which had more romantic elements. But this one really has a good focus on the awkward yet touching family-related topics.
But yeah, it's also funny to see those who see Sousuke as a romantic option to discover he has a child now 😆
May 25, 3:43 AM
Apr 2024
I love this anime, but it seems for the past two episodes that the sub dialogue has been a little messed up.
May 25, 4:59 AM

Sep 2010
Estoy_Gordo said:
Given that the backpack is supposedly that expensive to be able to last all 6(?) years of elementary school, that's another reason to just push her up to middle school. She certainly comes across as more than intelligent enough for it. I don't think I could have done the date conversion that quickly. >.<

Marinate1016 said:
I’m glad the whole fake backstory gimmick Sosuke came up for Sara didn’t take root and the dad was actually smart enough to see thru it lol. I was gonna be annoyed. The adoption plot is so wholesome and I can’t wait to see Sara truly become Sosuke’s daughter!

Happy we saw Livia in the episode but I really could’ve done without the whole grasshopper plot line 🤢 after mayonnaise on pizza in Yuru camp I didn’t think anime food could get worse today, fairs it did. Would’ve done exactly what Puriketsu did and swapped plates with the other girl lmao.
For some reason I find it hard to see this as a father-daughter relationship. They just seem a little closer to equals.
Aside, the proposed backstory reminds me of Astarotte no Omocha.
I wouldn't have thought mayonnaise was that bad as a pizza topping, although I wouldn't have cooked it. Dungeon Meshi has pretty good food this week though.
May 25, 6:14 AM

Mar 2024
Finally a new episode.

Yuna is the second best girl of the anime for me (after Livia), the perfect loli waifu. The moment with transferring to another school is complete destruction tbh 🤯

And this anime praises grasshopper dishes so much that i wanted to try it lol.

So, for me this anime is still nothing special but still fun to watch.
May 25, 7:46 AM

Nov 2013
Grandpa knows the truth too, but he doesn't know everything.

Lol, is this show trying to make us try eating grasshoppers? :D They've been advertising it a lot.

Sara's age was calculated only now? Feels bad for Sara's friend. Why on earth didn't they fabricate her age too lol??? It's even funnier when we have 22 and 35 year old women lolis in the same anime.
Sigmar-UnberogenMay 25, 7:50 AM
May 25, 2:08 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Takata
Estoy_Gordo said:
Given that the backpack is supposedly that expensive to be able to last all 6(?) years of elementary school, that's another reason to just push her up to middle school. She certainly comes across as more than intelligent enough for it. I don't think I could have done the date conversion that quickly. >.<

Marinate1016 said:

For some reason I find it hard to see this as a father-daughter relationship. They just seem a little closer to equals.
Aside, the proposed backstory reminds me of Astarotte no Omocha.
I wouldn't have thought mayonnaise was that bad as a pizza topping, although I wouldn't have cooked it. Dungeon Meshi has pretty good food this week though.
@Takata I didn't see their relationship that way from the beginning and I liked it when he called her his partner, it will be interesting to watch how they solve things together, also this is a very interesting analogy with Astarotte no Omocha, you really made a cool comparison
May 25, 5:42 PM

Sep 2023
Sara has a new papa and grandpa! It's nice that she told the truth about her origin to ojiisan. Meanwhile Livia is spreading the homeless batta culture around her xD
May 25, 7:12 PM

Dec 2021
An adoptive otousan for Sara? Check. A very enthusiastic jiisan? Double check. Sara's jiisan might just be my new favorite character lols, I love him already.

Poor Yuna tho lol. I can't even imagine changing schools to be with your friend, only to find out that your friend won't even be there.

May 26, 3:24 AM
Sep 2021
Sara is now legally registered as Sousuke's daughter, so she can go to school & live a normal life like others.
May 27, 6:44 AM

Apr 2015
Personally I very much prefer Sara's bits to Livia's
May 27, 3:12 PM

Jul 2019
Sara's only twelve you say? Ryunosuke would approve! And to Think I was about to drop this show cause she was 13.

May 27, 4:22 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Jackson1333
Sara's only twelve you say? Ryunosuke would approve! And to Think I was about to drop this show cause she was 13.

@Jackson1333 nice one
May 28, 1:00 PM

Oct 2016
who's Mami? (the one on the enma board)
Jun 6, 9:54 PM
Oct 2017
Sara's now registered as his daughter 😊. Now we just need Livia as the wife 😉. Also big oof for Yuna, she definitely got done dirty by the mess up in Sara's age.
Jun 7, 9:36 PM

Nov 2019
I like how they're adamant on going through with the child thing that they even went to Sosuke's father to announce the appearance of a granddaughter. The father already denounced that she wasn't really the daughter of Sosuke, as expected of a privat detective.

Neya going along with the farce by acting in as the mother is an interesting development if it actually happened. Knowing the series they will keep Sosuke as a single bachelor.

I like how they're very considerate with copyright infringement, they even added a disclaimer excluding the 'supposed' IP from the show lol.

Aoki and Sara become friends and will attend school together!
Episode was more or less about lifestyle, taking a break from the detective work. We need more detective work please!
Jun 13, 12:20 PM

Jul 2017
Sosuke and Sara having to get a family register for all the hilarious reasons, and introducing the latter as his own granddaughter to Gifu's greatest detective-cum-father Isao, it's quite the convincing story. Alas, all of the evidence that he has against Sosuke with Sara, the former practically cornered, forcing the latter to reveal her true traits. Turns out, even his father is a tsundere at that, and will support his son in whatever does, as long as it's along the lines of detective work. Neya is absolutely shocked to hear of this, though she can easily slot in to become Sosuke's wife, willingly.

Sara and Yuna watching Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and apart from the audio censoring, they perfectly replicated the celebration meme, which is funny to see. The aspirations of being in school and being friends at that, Yuna really earned herself a really good friend.

Livia cooking grasshopper tempura thinking that it'll be the same as shrimp tempura, IT'S NOT GIRL. Both Noa and Puriketsu being forced to eat her creations, and being something cooked by her idol, Noa embraces all of it and Puriketsu dunks her portion on her for a sly move lols, making her think overly of grasshoppers.

Despite all of the issues, the family register is finally done, and she takes Sosuke's Kusanagi family name, while being overly pampered by Isao as an elementary school girl.

What hijinks will Sara face in school?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - 4 hours ago

15 by Rexnihilo »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

27 by BthatTVK »»
Yesterday, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18

64 by cooldogmom »»
Yesterday, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11

81 by cooldogmom »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

98 by cooldogmom »»
Yesterday, 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.