Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, they treat witches like Helga like trash in this show.

Truly though, the battle for that important sword took on a darker turn for the worse. Soldiers also got brutalized this episode so there's more victims in this conflict. What's worse is that there doesn't seem to be any order or peace.
Mar 7, 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
I liked how the blood just stopped flowing on that roof, lol xD

But anyway, thank God that our magical gumba Guideau is finally going to ham and slap the shit out of everyone ... like as if we could not do it from the very beginning ? Also the Ice guy just having a mental break moment, like what.
Mar 7, 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
Oh, I'm glad that Colonel didn't die.
The coffin yeah finally!
*episode ends*
NOOOOOO
The next episode is the final act, so there will be 1 more arc this season.
Mar 7, 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
Lovely cliffhanger
Mar 7, 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
What a great episode. I usually like the "sealed demon" stories and how it usually comes back to fuck the one who thought he would become a God.

Didn't understand why her sister didn't run with her in Helga's backstory. Did she do it to delay them? Why not just run and hide together. The whole "everyone died, I'm the one one survived" tragic backstory needs to stop :v
Mar 7, 12:39 PM
Feb 2024
Helga: "if only... if only... I could've at least gotten a kiss at the end!" Guideau: "hold my beer."
😂

The Demon Hand Ishlingen… this series really never disappoints. First how they portrayed witches, then how necromancy was a common thing, the Demon Sword’s manipulative nature, and now something as cool as this? Every concept they introduce is satisfying and fresh, I love everything about it!! The artwork of the hand is especially creepy and cool, it looks fun to draw too.
Mar 7, 2:23 PM

Feb 2019
Sewing the skin of 17 people together is so wild wtf. That demon hand is crazy.

I’m glad Helga didn’t die! I was so worried about her after she got stabbed by the demon sword. Fuck the executioners, seriously. Always satisfying when people who try to control things they don’t understand have it come back to bite them. Why would you think as a human you could control such a broken demon?

Speaking of Helga, her backstory was messed up with the executioners killing her family. But I didn’t get why didn’t the sister run away with her? They could’ve hid together since she’d already made it to the forest with Helga.. her eyes were bleeding so maybe it was already too late?

On death’s door and Helga just thinking about how she’s never had a kiss lmao. Guideau was able to help with that, too bad they rushed thru that kiss. Felt like a frame or two was skipped..

Next episode the beast is unleashed. Gonna be fun seeing how Guideau stacks up to the demon sword.
Marinate1016Mar 7, 2:53 PM
Mar 7, 2:38 PM

May 2019
Sad backstory with Helga having to escape from her home with the Demon Sword to prevent the Executioners from obtaining it but unfortunately they still obtained it in the end.

I'm very curious as to what is in the coffin and it's crazy how it requires a kiss from a witch to open, nice coincidence there with Helga wanting a kiss lol.
Mar 7, 3:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I know everything there is to know about the demon sword!

Oh wait I don't know everything about the demon sword

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 7, 3:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Helga finally got her wish granted by having Guideau kiss her, but damn that cliffhanger for making us wait until next week to see Guideau go beat mode.
Mar 7, 4:25 PM

Dec 2021
That executioner is really cruel. He killed and tortured all of Helga's family. Hopefully, Ashaf won't harm him, and the sword he unleashed will turn against him.

Let's see if a maiden witch's first kiss, even if she didn't intend it for Guideau, unlocks more power.

Mar 7, 8:25 PM

Jul 2008
Well Helga's family died in a very cruel and brutal way.

Time for Guideau to slice them to pieces.
Mar 7, 8:58 PM

Jul 2021
So nice of the Executioner to explain everything, from where the Demon Hand comes from to what he did to the witches guarding the sword. Very nice of Ashaf to correct him, too.

Anyways, it's a pretty crazy arc. An entire village and a floating fortress cut in half. People sliced to ribbons. Sacrificing lives to avoid paying the price for the Demon Hand usage. Sacrificing an arm to the ice elemental for more power (?).
Mar 7, 9:13 PM
Apr 2021
LMAO Helga got her wish but not in the way she hoped for tbh I bet she was thinking Ashaf was gonna kiss her🤣🤣🤣

With how badly they been hyping up the demon sword these past couple of episode I’m hoping this Demon Sword puts in work and causes major destruction

Helga’s backstory was so sad and dark her sister got nailed on the cross like Christ that shit was brutal to look at, it seems like women in this show be catching the most brutal deaths ong🫣
Mar 7, 10:38 PM
Apr 2023
Was expecting the coffin from the first minute after the ending last episode. Of course they had to drag it out.
Mar 7, 11:04 PM

Sep 2018
Awesome design for the Demon Sword in it's new form.
Mar 7, 11:13 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Well, if everything goes fine, I think Guideau will be the hero(ine) of the next episode, and not only because of the transformation ability.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Mar 8, 4:09 AM

Jan 2017
That mother killing her daughters because her mind's under control was just so sad it made me flinch. Kinda wanna see that Executioner taken down brutally.
Mar 8, 5:52 AM

Aug 2022
Oh man, GREAT episode again. Next, I want Guideau to solve it. However it was, now Guideau has moved to a different level. That way Cugat, Helga and Ashaf will be safe.

RafaBryanMar 8, 5:58 AM
Mar 8, 7:52 AM

Jun 2016
holy fuckkk this show totally super good to watch !!!
Mar 8, 11:48 AM
Feb 2024
This arc going to end in episode 9 and 3 episode left ,I hope they will do season 2
Mar 8, 11:26 PM

Mar 2017
it's really felt like they blueballed us so much till the next time she transforms into her ulti form.

hyped for next week.
Mar 9, 11:05 AM
Jul 2023
The plot got very nice and we get to see the hot guy without the mask and all disheveled.
Mar 9, 3:21 PM

Oct 2019
A 4-parter ha? I hope that Executioner psycho dies a slow excruciating death...
Mar 10, 1:13 AM

Jan 2021
AAAHHHH I thought I'd see Guideau fight with her real form in this episode! T__T

Please let the executioner die a horrible death...

Mar 10, 3:13 AM

Mar 2008
Poor Helga and her family got totally wrecked. Well at least she got a kiss from Guideau, I was actually expecting that to happen from the first ep of this arc.
Mar 10, 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
This is show I would say people are missing out on. The somewhat low rating is misleading.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 10, 4:33 PM
May 2023
Very interesting anime i guess with good op music and characters.
Mar 10, 5:02 PM

Sep 2023
Another fantastic episode. It was nice getting some backstory for Helga, and some more information about the relationship between her and the Demon Sword. The info-dump from the villain monologue was a little much, but didn't detract from my enjoyment of the episode. Now that Ashgan is loose, and Guideau is about to fight it, it will be interesting to see where the story goes.
Mar 10, 7:01 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
The blood just stopped halfway on the roof lol don’t think that’s how it works. It was an okay episode. We got a lot of lore into the witches backround and the demon sword. Next episode will be better I’m assuming
Mar 11, 12:52 AM

Jun 2021
Poor Helga, felt so bad for her now that we know her backstory. Guideau, we're counting on you, tear the shit outta that crass executioner.
My girl Helga totally thought Ashaf was the one to kiss her LOL
MickeyMinajMar 11, 12:57 AM
Mar 11, 3:34 PM
Jul 2015
I really can't stand villains (or/and heroes) babbling on and on and explaining everything to death ... still liked the episode overall, though.
Mar 11, 10:34 PM

Jun 2014
so plot stupid episode from last episode continue and becomes worse, let all just sit and watch while she walk up give sword and get stabbed while listening to the bad guy, like if you spendt that hole f min just sitting there, that is just f plot stupid, you had plenty of time to try stop her from walk up there or to use the coffin ability and so on.

This show got potential and shows it at time, but other times show it subpar writing atleast the annoying cliches subpar female main lead had shut her f mouth the last few times making this show good, but well then insted we get stupid does what stupid does all for the plot.

This show just want to be average but as times goes, falls lower and lower, might end not even be average
Mar 12, 1:04 AM

Jun 2015
Nobody expects the Yuri Inquisition!!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2:03 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Tharnok
so plot stupid episode from last episode continue and becomes worse, let all just sit and watch while she walk up give sword and get stabbed while listening to the bad guy, like if you spendt that hole f min just sitting there, that is just f plot stupid, you had plenty of time to try stop her from walk up there or to use the coffin ability and so on.

This show got potential and shows it at time, but other times show it subpar writing atleast the annoying cliches subpar female main lead had shut her f mouth the last few times making this show good, but well then insted we get stupid does what stupid does all for the plot.

This show just want to be average but as times goes, falls lower and lower, might end not even be average
@Tharnok it's not about the writing all the story are connected I mean I read the manga that's why they are all talking haha, it's just there's new more stories to show up connected to these ones
Mar 12, 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
aaand now they come :)
Mar 12, 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
the executioner really is a moron. how many times ashaf low key told him he's a dumbass? if something or someone gets sealed, there's usually a very good fucking reason for it. oh silly helga, you finally got your first kiss......... just not by ashaf lmaooooo
Mar 14, 10:15 PM

Mar 2007
This episode had a ton of action, lots of flashback, and then ended on an emotional kiss cliffhanger.
Mar 15, 2:01 AM

Jul 2017
Helga's affinity with the Demon Sword Ashgan is of importance, and the appearance of the Executioners almost rid Matt of his life. But even more so, the weakest witch being in cahoots with the Executioner, Helga's practically forced to the role of safeguarding it and others from using it for their nefarious gains.

For a family as wreathed as the Velvette family being overcome by the Executioners, the Executioner thought that he knew how to harness the power of the Demon Sword Ashgan, along with his Forbidden Instrument. And that to Ashaf, this is where he comes full circle that the monster practically cannot be controlled nor manipulated. What Helga missed all this time, she's still fixated on her kiss, and it's time for Guideau to throw in the ace in the hole: the kiss to release the curse of a witch.

Helga has been through hell and back this whole time...
Mar 20, 9:58 AM
Jul 2019
damn....not this yuri shit again
well, at least we can see Chad-Guideau in action again
Mar 21, 7:01 AM
Mar 2019
As expected, Guideau is unleashed. Also, as expected, this ended in a cliffhanger. haha
Mar 21, 5:19 PM

May 2015
Mind Control powers continue to be one of the most fearsome in fiction! I was really hoping for a double cross, but now with Guideau transforming I can think of a worse fate for that executioner.
Mar 25, 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
They hyped us up with Guideau's form last time and when it's time for it they end the episode. Stalling for time. It's obvious they planned for a certain amount of content and this won't get another season.
Mar 25, 11:20 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to AbyssWalker21
They hyped us up with Guideau's form last time and when it's time for it they end the episode. Stalling for time. It's obvious they planned for a certain amount of content and this won't get another season.
@AbyssWalker21 really? I'm so sad man 😭 I really want another season 2
Mar 25, 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
Reply to Haninegharbi
@AbyssWalker21 really? I'm so sad man 😭 I really want another season 2
@Haninegharbi Can't say for certain but that's how it looks to me right now. A lot of stalling through the episodes. I know that MtY has this calmness to it in the manga but it's not something that translates well into anime form.
Mar 31, 6:15 AM

Feb 2021
The seal is broken and now they have to face the nightmare :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 29, 5:55 PM

Aug 2019
Helga wanted a kiss and Gideau delivered lol
Jun 10, 3:28 PM
Feb 2021
Amazing vibes. great style and unique storyline

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8

83 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

85 by Erebus25 »»
Jun 22, 8:48 AM

» are the ses of DVD and Blur-Ray volume good ?

Haninegharbi - Jun 6

2 by Haninegharbi »»
Jun 7, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

165 by Lin0o »»
Jun 2, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

36 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 7:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.