Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 8:26 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007

The results for You Should Read This Manga 2024 are out!

See Final List ( •̀ᴗ•́ )✧

Finalists are divided into: Main List / Should Be Anime / Best for Beginners / Unique Art/Story

All together, there are 75 unique manga titles from a wide variety of genres, so there should be something new for everyone to enjoy reading.

Thank you to everyone who sent in nominations, and especially, comments. We read through all of your great submissions and tried to pick one comment that we thought showcased the manga well for a potential reader. It was really hard! Some of your texts were quite long so you may notice that we snipped them in a few places to make the page easier to read (シ_ _)シ

How to Participate in the Stack Challenge

Step 1. Click this link to go to the stack:
You Should Read This Manga 2024

Step 2. After clicking the link in Step 1, press the restack button like shown:

Step 3. Read the first 2 volumes (or more) of a new manga by
Tue Apr 30, 23:59 PT

Step 4. Receive your profile badge after the deadline

* Manga you started reading before the challenge began (February 25) will not count. Pick something new! (Plan to Read is fine.)
* Please make sure to write the number of volumes you read in your manga list. If you have 0 volumes read in your list, you won't get the badge.
* Badges will be given out after the challenge deadline has passed. They are added manually, not automatically, so please be patient.
KinetaFeb 27, 8:23 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 7:05 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wait... can we start marking things as reading today or do we have to wait for tomorrow (February 26th)? I thought I was just going to have to wait until tomorrow, but now the border at the top is up and everything, so...
(I'll probably wait until tomorrow anyway just in case unless someone says otherwise.)
SwiggyFeb 25, 7:08 PM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 25, 7:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Swiggy
Wait... can we start marking things as reading today or do we have to wait for tomorrow (February 26th)? I thought I was just going to have to wait until tomorrow, but now the border at the top is up and everything, so...
(I'll probably wait until tomorrow anyway just in case unless someone says otherwise.)
@Swiggy Sorry, we meant 26th in JST, so you can start now reading now!
Feb 25, 7:15 PM

Jun 2008
Sweet! Can't wait to participate in this one. 😁
Feb 25, 7:18 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Oohhh, so it's here now! I'm definitely going to participate again. ^_^
Feb 25, 7:19 PM

Jan 2022
new stacks - lets gooww !! ^_^
vemz21Feb 25, 7:26 PM

V E M Z -21- X X I
I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges
MAL ON-GOING | AWCC TRACKER
Feb 25, 7:22 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Reply to tingy
@Swiggy Sorry, we meant 26th in JST, so you can start now reading now!
@tingy No worries and thanks for the clarification! It's a perfect day to start reading, so this is great!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 25, 7:35 PM
Dec 2022
Gonna read Sakamoto Days, was planning on reading anyways W
Feb 25, 7:37 PM
Feb 2020
I'm surprised my comment made it in for one of the nominee's. Anyways, hope to try the challenge out and see which manga people select.
Feb 25, 7:38 PM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
Think I am going to read Hiraeth wa Tabiji no Hate! The art style and story looks interesting to me. It is also a complete story that I can finish which is a plus for me concerning this challenge!
Feb 25, 7:40 PM

Jan 2018
I got a few things I want to try out and read in this challenge. Should be fun!
Feb 25, 7:53 PM
Nov 2022
I Want to End This Love Game translated volume 2 not coming out till may: 😭😭
Feb 25, 8:20 PM

Nov 2017
hmm it's sucks since i've already read Boys Abbys & Oshi no Ko lol
Feb 25, 8:42 PM

Mar 2021
Yeah, I've already read the ones I'm interested in before the challenge! That's a bit of a bummer.

Oh well, maybe I'll read some of the others, so I'll join in just in case.

Feb 25, 8:49 PM

Jul 2021
This one is easy, the stack is full of bangers.
Feb 25, 8:54 PM

May 2021
I've actually been considering reading Super no Ura de Yani Suu Futari so this is the perfect excuse to check it out!
Feb 25, 9:01 PM

Jul 2020
IMO, this is a nice list. I hope I won't get lazy though.
My Candies:
Feb 25, 9:05 PM

Apr 2015
Yayyy this is my favorite kind of interest stack challenge, glad to see it's back! I've read some good manga thanks to last year's "You Should Read This Manga" list. I haven't started reading a new manga since the new year, so this will be good motivation.

Happy to see Witch Hat Atelier, Blue Period, Heavenly Delusion, Apothecary Diaries, Skip to Loafer, Given, and Ao Ashi on the list.

I'll definitely give Hirayasumi a shot since the top recommendation for it is Skip to Loafer. The synopsis for Don't Call It Mystery sounds interesting, can't say no to mystery. There are at least ten others on the list that look interesting as well, but I'll probably get through at least one of these two first, for now.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 25, 10:13 PM

Jul 2021
pretty good collection of mangas. happy to see shounen no abyss included. more people need to read that one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 25, 10:23 PM
Apr 2020
I've already chosen the new mangas I'm going to read. :)
Meus doces:

Feb 25, 10:30 PM

Jun 2021
Now that's fortunately an interesting stack, been looking for good recommendations anyway so this really helps
Feb 25, 11:12 PM

Jan 2014
I accept this challenge too, need to add some manga in my list anyway. Hopefully, I can read all before the deadline.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 25, 11:47 PM

Dec 2022
I'm looking forward to a new rozen
Feb 26, 12:37 AM

Jan 2020
Kineta said:
Manga you started reading before the challenge began (February 25) will not count.

Is it okay if I have the manga as Plan to Read currently, but have never actually read it?
henlo:)

☆ c h a o s ☆
^ check out my club :)
Feb 26, 12:41 AM

Jul 2022
some good choices here! thanks for the recs to those who sent them in!
I´m gonna try with Umi ga Hashiru End Roll
I am out with lanterns looking for myself.

-- emily dickinson --

Jun 2020

I'm here to finish off Isho, koukai and looking for aishiteru game

-----

May 2021
Thanks, looks like I'll read a bunch of them soon :).

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Feb 26, 12:48 AM

Jun 2020
added some manga i haven't read before from teh stack into my plan to read, ^^ am excited to read somethin new especially since i havnt read a manga for a short while
Feb 26, 12:53 AM

Mar 2021
Can anyone give me suggestions of these manga? Thank you.
Feb 26, 1:18 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Orion911
Can anyone give me suggestions of these manga? Thank you.
@Orion911 I can't give an informed opinion as it's all new to me, but I can tell you what I was considering.

I think I heard Gigguk talk about Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You and it sounded like a good slow-build adult friend/romance slice-of-life kind of thing with a heavier tone. And it's the only one that wasn't actively on my radar already because of anime counterparts I haven't seen yet too, so that's the one I'm planning on going with.

And said manga that falls under what I said about anime counterparts for me would be That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Apothecary Diaries (historical mystery? I know less about this one), and Mieruko-chan (if I'm right, it's about a girl who sees dead people but needs to not react to them). I noticed Oshi No Ko was on the list too.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 26, 1:29 AM
Patron

May 2014
Lets gooo W :^)
Feb 26, 3:03 AM

Jan 2021
It's finally started, I'm really looking forward to checking out all the different manga that I haven't read yet.
Mr_LibraFeb 26, 3:12 AM
Feb 26, 3:10 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to MoonSpider
@Orion911 I can't give an informed opinion as it's all new to me, but I can tell you what I was considering.

I think I heard Gigguk talk about Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You and it sounded like a good slow-build adult friend/romance slice-of-life kind of thing with a heavier tone. And it's the only one that wasn't actively on my radar already because of anime counterparts I haven't seen yet too, so that's the one I'm planning on going with.

And said manga that falls under what I said about anime counterparts for me would be That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Apothecary Diaries (historical mystery? I know less about this one), and Mieruko-chan (if I'm right, it's about a girl who sees dead people but needs to not react to them). I noticed Oshi No Ko was on the list too.
@MoonSpider Thank you very much.
Feb 26, 3:10 AM
Sep 2021
Gonna read Tensei shitara :D
Feb 26, 3:16 AM

Jan 2021
hopelesspotato said:
Is it okay if I have the manga as Plan to Read currently, but have never actually read it?

That should be OK as long as you just have it on plan to read, at least that's how it was last time if I remember correctly.
Feb 26, 3:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Stack challenge always be appreciated by me
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 26, 3:39 AM

Apr 2023
26 feb 2024 started Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai
Wake up to REALITY!!
Feb 26, 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
Kineta said:
Manga you started reading before the challenge began (February 25) will not count. Pick something new!

Currently reading 5 manga on the list and now I gotta pick another one 😩😩

Edit: Anyway I'm gonna pick Youchien Wars, Ani Datta Mono and Tougen Anki (which was on my PTR already...)
silentlylurkingFeb 26, 4:24 AM
Feb 26, 4:23 AM

Jan 2021
chiantidoylabs said:
do we need to read all of them? or just 1?

Only one, and only 2 volumes of it.
Feb 26, 4:32 AM
May 2023
wth just got so many better manga to read. Ain't gonna run outta content anytime soon.
Feb 26, 4:40 AM
Feb 2022
I don't read manga much so this going to be fun reading manga that I've heard of that are popular and get a badge in return win, win

Daniel0755IIEFeb 26, 11:30 AM
Feb 26, 4:40 AM

Jan 2023
Gonna use this time as an excuse to start and catch up on some manga.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Feb 26, 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
Surprised to see Usuzumi no Hate on the list. In which country has this been licensed?

Edit: Only in Spain by the looks of it. Bit of a niche inclusion for an English-language site/article.
ToukaFeb 26, 5:31 AM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Feb 26, 5:22 AM
Apr 2020
Nice!!! Gonna read "Koisuru (Otome) no Tsukurikata"

Edit: I'm currently on vol. 4 and I love it so far
SugoKawataMar 15, 5:15 PM
Feb 26, 6:03 AM

May 2021
Let's go time for a new badge!
MAL Halloween candy collected 👻 2023

Feb 26, 6:47 AM

Oct 2013
Nice! I see Shounen no Abyss on the list. Good choice. I recommend it. Have fun, everyone!
Feb 26, 6:51 AM

Jun 2022
Another badge for the collection.
Feb 26, 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
Sweet! I had already started Sakamoto Days and Gokurakugai two days ago!

Feb 26, 7:42 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Touka
Surprised to see Usuzumi no Hate on the list. In which country has this been licensed?

Edit: Only in Spain by the looks of it. Bit of a niche inclusion for an English-language site/article.
@Touka
MAL encouraged us to nominate manga unlicensed in our own region, saying that any manga making the list may be more likely to be licensed in the future. I tried to nominate a newly translated retro manga, and it disappoints me greatly that the final list does not have a single title that ended before this decade. Such manga may not be new to the world, but they are new to those people who do not understand Japanese!
その目だれの目?
Feb 26, 7:57 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Hmm. Last year I read 100 Girlfriends which I liked, but this year has a good mangas to choose from. Right now I'm deciding on whether I should read Smoking Behind the Supermarket with You, Blue Box, Sakamoto Days, or Dandadan.

There's also a bunch of mangas listed in the stack that already have anime adaptions aired such as Vanitas no Karte, Heavenly Delusion, "Oshi no Ko", Tenshura, The Apothecary Diaries, The Dangers in My Heart, Skip to Loafer, Mieruko-chan, Given, Ao Ashi, and Dark Gathering.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - 7 hours ago

0 by Kineta »»
7 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.