Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2008 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i think it was a good idea for them to fast forward to far i mean 3 years is pretty big they shudve atleast told us what happened after the accident... they kinda did but it was toward the end good story line thou
May 14, 2008 12:24 AM

Feb 2008
When I was watching this episode, (I'm using TV-Out fullscreen) I thought I've played the wrong number of episode, that's why I went back to my computer and check it. But it is really episode 3. Hahah! They didn't even bothered to tell something or note that 3years have already passed. Although hints have been put for the viewers to know 3years have passed already, it's still a bit confusing sometimes.

I thought Haruka died in the operation; so she was just in a comma-state? XD And Akane really matured there.

I agree with ^. They didn't even bothered saying what happened after the accident; just pure fastforward; and Mitsuki and Narumi are now going out. XD

Anyways, good storyline and I hope it's not going to be TOO sad; I hope I can bear it all. Since I already know that this is a sad anime; so I can't help not to think of a sad ending. Although I want a happy ending; I still want it.

Still remembers School Days and Nice Boat in this show. Probably, this won't happen here. X_X
Jun 8, 2008 7:04 PM
Apr 2008
Yet another fast paced episode, didn't cover as much as the first two, but it still gave me a lot of info. There is no reason why the younger sister of coma girl should be mad, if coma girl really liked him, then she would want him happy, not waiting for her to come out of a coma, having him being depressed all his life, but i guess coma girls younger sister has always been a fool. I'm looking forward to the depression in this show.
Aug 15, 2008 9:49 PM

Jun 2007
Good episode. It was nice seeing them older: I like Mitsuki's new hair style, and Akane really has some nasty vibes going on there. And I loved Ayu and Mayu. The comedic relief was nice. :]
Dec 23, 2008 9:38 PM
Dec 2008
It was I was suprised when the girl caught those two together and i thought it was the first girl and not the sister the look like the exact same
Jan 9, 2009 4:51 PM

Apr 2008
Found the blonde girl really annoying D:

Lol apart from that, at the pace this is going the leads will be drawing their pensions in the finale!!!! XD

It didn't spell it out, but the references and use of retrospective, to show us the impact the accident had on the characters, was very nicely done. Neither Mitsuki went to university or fulfilled any aspirations, and though they are together they don't seem particularly happy...

Oh and I'd be happy if we didn't get any more explicit scenes :/
May 26, 2009 1:48 AM
May 2009
Interesting episode. I like how they handled the time skip. It was pretty apparent from the aging of the characters that time has passed. We can see the strain that has been put on everyone over these three years, and only at the end do we find out more about Haruka. They did a fantastic job of showing us instead of telling us what happened over the years. We see how people gave up on their dreams, and how the relationship with Mitsuki has been horribly strained. Beautifully executed.

As for Akane being angry. The situation is a hard one to judge. What, if anything, does Takayuki owe Haruka? Moreover, what does he owe her family? Akane needs support, and needs Takayuki to be there for her sister. Takayuki needs to have someone in his life, and can't just dwell on the past. There's no clean way to resolve this.
nehnehneji said:
Oh and I'd be happy if we didn't get any more explicit scenes :/
I assume you are referring to the sex scenes. It might just be me, but I find those sorts of scenes to be very important when tastefully done (as they are here). Sex is a part of romance and it gives context to the relationship.
Jul 10, 2009 5:55 PM

Nov 2007
ugh time skips can be annoying as well as just 3 years like that. it's interesting Akane was so angry but does she just expect him to wait 3 years for her sister? though she probably blames them for the accident.
Aug 17, 2009 6:33 PM

Jun 2009
I bet shes gonna wake up from the coma next episode. Just got a feeling :P
Sep 12, 2009 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
Omg, Haruka's in a coma and it's been already 3 years? Wtf, this series is fucking fast lol.

Narumi and Mitsuki going out is completely normal since he's a healthy guy. A healthy guy needs to have sex, you know. :)
Nov 3, 2009 4:56 AM
Jun 2009
Fast-paced is one thing. Completely broken up, fast-forwarded and skipped past important emotional stages of the storyline is another. I am naturally going to see the entire series before giving a final verdict, but when I put Kimi ga Nozumi Eien eps 1-3 beside another moe tragegdy, say, Clannad After Story... well you can guess which gets the better grades.
Mar 4, 2010 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
Woah she's in a coma?? This anime moves really fast if you miss one episode you'll be years (literally) behind. I can totally understand why Akane would be angry, but I can also see why the other two hooked up. Very interesting so far--I want her to wake up!
Mar 30, 2010 10:53 AM

Apr 2009
Seems like I underestimated this series... this was a really nice episode... hope it keeps up that way...
Aug 11, 2010 5:03 AM

Jul 2010
Very quick episode again. I wonder if Akane blames Mitsuki for the accident, because of her holding Takayuki up, although that would be a little harsh. Nice ep alltogether! =)

Aug 30, 2010 2:47 AM

Mar 2010
I can understand Akane being salty about seeing those two together....... I wonder how often the dude visited Haruka in the hospital, because the way Akane acted it is as if he never has gone.

Anyway onward to episode 4.
Oct 7, 2010 2:24 AM
Jan 2008
LOL are japanese people this innocent. Its like their virgin eyes are bleeding from sex scenes. I'm an american and I don't see why sex is so embarrassing. It makes the relationship more passionate and dramatic. I love the pacing so quick and filled with action. Thank god he chose Mitsuki. They seem to have more in common than the coma girl. Of course Akane is gonna feel angry its her sister. However its been three years and probably don't know when she will wake up. Life goes on and no one should suffer being alone forever.
Oct 21, 2010 1:47 PM
Jun 2010
WTF... 3 YEARS, thats alot yaknow. Oh well.
Oct 29, 2010 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
time skip, its used in every form of cinema, and its effective if used properly as it is in this case.

the pacing of this show is excellent. very few, if ANY, unneeded scenes. i love it!
Mar 9, 2011 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
They could of at least mentioned 3 years had past, I was kind of confused for the first half. I agree that the sex scenes were done tastefully, and it definitely adds context. Have a feeling when Haruka wakes up all hell will break loose.
Sep 27, 2011 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
Agreed ^ I wish they mention the 3 year time skip, to clear up 5 minutes of confusion.

I like Akane back, when she was a child, but she give off such a nasty vibe. Realistically, no one would wait for their coma status girlfriend, when they had such a short time together. I'm glad Takayuki moved on with Mitsuki, but it seem they're going through a lot, like sad memories and treatments (Akane for example).

Takayuki kind of let down, when he saw Akane, he let go of Mitsuki hand... bad move indecisive lover...
Dec 26, 2011 8:51 AM
Nov 2011
I didn't realize it was three years, but its obvious some time has passed. However, I just hurt for the main characters, you can tell that accident has been the defining point of their life, and somehow they just haven't been living since. It must really hurt.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 15, 2012 12:22 AM

Jul 2011
I sorta wish they didnt have a much as a skip, but all in all im enjoying this anime a lot!

Its just too bad that my sound has been 2 seconds out of sync for the past 2 episodes.
Feb 7, 2012 5:07 AM

Nov 2008
Dunno if it's just me, although i am rooting for Mitsuki x Takayuki, i find that Takayuki is.... a jerk.
Feb 28, 2012 6:08 PM

Mar 2011
Impressive. 5/5
May 2, 2012 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
I am a little surprised on how the events turned out but still, 3 years...people forget things.
May 31, 2012 1:18 PM
Mar 2012
Like others have posted, I was at first pretty confused as to what just happened. Since I thought that Haruka died from the accident since it did look pretty graphic based on the previous episode. So an introduction of the fact that time (3 years of it) has moved on since the accident.

Aside from that I found this episode like a new beginning, one that immediately drew me in to wanting to watch this even more!

Alas86 said:
Seems like I underestimated this series... this was a really nice episode... hope it keeps up that way...

I completely agree!! At first I thought this was another one of those mediocre-ish type of dramas, but I was wrong the plot and character development is well thought and very interesting.

The only thing I disliked about the episode was the introduction of Ayu (Takayuki's co-worker) from the restaurant, she;s too annoying!!
Oct 20, 2012 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
Takayuki's second confession sounds as fake as the first one. Three years after the accident, Haruka continues to have a hold on both of their lives.
Apr 12, 2013 1:13 PM

May 2012
This is actually getting quite good, the time skip here brings you a better atmosphere over it, so she isn't dead but well if she's still in the hospital after 3 years it could mean she's in a coma or something like that?

Either way interesting story development and character development as well, I like it so far and it went totally different than I first expected it to be!
Aug 9, 2013 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
Rebas said:
Takayuki's second confession sounds as fake as the first one.

This.
Aug 15, 2013 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
Liked this episode way better than the first two, we now get to see the intro, though the comedy was kinda out of place it fits better later on.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Dec 29, 2013 1:56 AM
May 2013
3 years time lapse , so horrible , I wanted to see the drama , the tears -_-
Apr 8, 2014 8:37 PM

Apr 2012
I think they made the right decision in fast forward.

This anime suddenly turned from boring into somewhat interesting.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 8, 2014 8:39 PM

Apr 2013
bunny_lover said:

It turns into School Days

So...

More interesting for sure
May 22, 2014 4:32 PM

Apr 2012
I wish I worked somewhere that let me swear at customers...

I still like Mitsuki and I don't think they were wrong for not putting their life on hold for 3 years, but Takayuki seems like the wishy-washy kind of character who just says what girls want to hear lol. Didn't work out so well for the protag of School Days :|
Jul 13, 2014 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Cupquake said:
bunny_lover said:

It turns into School Days

So...

More interesting for sure

Oh no... PLEASE no... I'm actually somewhat enjoying this show, please don't turn it into a living hell!!

Anyways... >__>

This show is going to be a huge feels trip, I can just... feel it... Yeah, that pun was bad, sorr- *gets in a car accident and stays in a coma for 3 years* shit
Dec 1, 2014 7:08 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Potty-mouth Ayu, best girl.

3 years later, and isn't it depressing... Good stuff!
May 19, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 2013
He didn't seem very convincing saying he loved her...

That ending left me a bit confused but I'm reading on here she was in a coma. That really sucks. I feel so bad for her. She just wanted to go out with this guy she liked for a long time but her best friend secretly liked him to. Then, because he was spending time with her best friend, she gets hit by a car.. Now 3 years later he's just moved on...
Sep 16, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
Mitsuki what a bitch.

Mar 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
What a timejump, looks like Mitsuki got MC after 3 years, more sexy time at night. Everyone moved on yet Haruka is alive but still in the hospital. Imouto looks pissed on seeing the couple at the end.
Dec 29, 2017 9:59 AM

May 2016
Hmm hope this go well.
Feb 16, 2019 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
Suzumiya has a right to be pissed that Narumi just up and deserts her because she's been seriously injured, but it's not like they're married. They were high school kids. It was probably the first relationship for both of them. They had sex, and they talked a lot, but it never really seemed like they had that much chemistry. And after, what, a few months dating, Narumi isn't willing to wait YEARS for his girlfriend to wake up, and that makes him an asshole?

Yeah, it sucks that Haruka is (probably) in a coma, and it sucks that he also thinks it's entirely his fault that it happened in the first place, even though it obviously isn't, but that doesn't mean that he has to base his entire life about something that isn't changing. You can't ever move forward like that.

But that doesn't mean Takayuki is in the right. Because I don't think he is. He isn't moving forward without Haruka; he's just running away. Hayase中尉 remarks that Takayuki's place hasn't changed at all in the past 3 years. He's not moving forward. He's using Hayase中尉's feelings as an excuse to say that he is, because he can't cope with thinking about Haruka all of the time. Sure, he may very well have liked Hayase中尉 before Haruka, but just because Haruka is out of the picture doesn't mean that Takayuki can forget about her or move on just by avoiding the topic altogether.

It's alright to move on. It's alright to have lingering feelings. It's alright to still want someone who is precious to you to recover, even if you don't feel the same way about them anymore.

But how many times has Takayuki visited Haruka? I don't think it's a very high number, judging by Suzumiya's response to Takayuki.

It doesn't matter what excuse he has. Maybe he didn't visit her for his own peace of mind. Maybe he didn't visit her because he thinks that he was, and still is, a shitty person and a terrible boyfriend and she deserves better. Maybe he didn't visit her because he wants her to forget about him, too. Maybe he just couldn't bare to think about her in any capacity anymore.

But it's a wound that's still fresh in his heart. He says he wants to move forward with Hayase中尉, but his heart just isn't in it. He can't even face her when he's talking to her. He initially refuses to move in because the idea is "absurd", because that's not what this relationship is. It's about him running away from Haruka and pretending to move on without properly nurturing after his new relationship. Of course, when Haruka is about to break up with him, he has to say that he'll move in with her because it's not like he doesn't like her, it's just that he doesn't like her enough.

Takayuki doesn't want to be in a proper relationship with Hayase中尉, but he also doesn't want to think about Haruka anymore. That's called running away and shirking responsibility.

Talk about playing with people's feelings. He's just using Hayase中尉 to feel better about himself. Suzumiya has every right to be pissed off with this guy who says he loves Haruka but refuses to visit her and says he likes Hayase中尉, but refuses to even look at her.

Of course, Suzumiya may not be thinking like that. She doesn't rebuke Hayase中尉 at all, and actually refuses to even acknowledge her presence. Hayase中尉 claims to be Haruka's best friend, and then gallivants off with her boyfriend while she's in a coma. But she's a helluva lot better than Takayuki, because she is moving forward. She isn't running away. She declared her feelings for Takayuki, and he took her up on the offer. She wants something serious, not just some codependent relationship to make each other feel better for not being saints.

Yeah, maybe she's not a very good friend for doing that while her friend isn't around to protest, but if you have to choose between living your life and being a good friend, the choice is easy. It's callous, and it's not very nice, and it could even be interpreted as a betrayal, but it's the truth.

The world can't stop for one person's suffering.

And Takayuki needs to learn that.
Sep 28, 2019 6:04 PM

Nov 2016
3 years have passed and life goes on. On the surface it seems like everyone moved on, but actually that isn't quite the case.

Based on what I have in mind this will get even more interesting, Mitsuki's and Takayuki's relationship is already shaky

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2020 11:23 AM

May 2010
Bruh i thought she dead. Mitsuki moves fast, i like that. I love how fucked up this is.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 8, 2020 6:43 AM

Aug 2018
Eh, but why Mitsuki doesn't want to move in?.. I mean, she looks at posters and stuff.. But their bed isn't too small for them both, really.. Unless commuting is pain in the ass - with busy countries as Japan it can reach hours of just traveling to work and back.. But don't know, what is the reason, really.. If it's just posters - who cares?.. ;D It's not like they're some guro posters or something obscene, or something, don't be picky like that.. ;D But yeah - maybe it's not them, maybe it's commuting or stuff, we don't know..
And argument of place being exactly like 3 years ago - I don't know about that.. I mean.. She still has her ring on that he presented her at the day of tragedy, if old memories is what concerning her.. So you're fine with ring, but not apartment?.. I don't get this logic, really..
Well, I mean.. I understand both sides.. Of course Akane would be angry, if dude started to date another girl.. But also, it's been at least 3 years, it seems?.. Haruka is in coma, I assume?.. What, if she'll be another 3?.. Or 10 more?.. Does it mean that now dude can't date anyone else, and eventually become not capable of forming family due to old age?.. Is that what Haruka would want herself, really?.. I'm not sure about that.. Yeah, she might wake up now or something, and then they'll need to decide on their feelings and stuff.. And commitment.. But really at this point - it's all understandable from both sides..
Dec 26, 2020 6:53 PM

Nov 2018
3 Years time skip, In the beginning I was confused from new character that just show up. Then turns out Tatsuya work there.

Hayase right now is working as Food Distributor(?) and leaving her dream to be Professional Swimmer because Haruka past memories when she was Swimmer.

So, Tatsuya and Hayase was in relationship almost like Haruka, Hey they even sex too.

Tatsuya and Hayase really can't be calm because is always haunted by guilt towards Haruka who is in coma.

Haruka got into a Coma for 3 years and its still going on. Akane and Family are really pissed off with Tatsuya and Hayase. Possibly because Tatsuya not take care of Haruka.

Pretty good drama, I wanna know what reaction Tatsuya and Hayase reaction if Haruka already awake from coma.
May 17, 2021 12:22 PM
Jan 2019
so i saw pictures of this anime, is there sex in every episode or not? if not in how much there are such scenes?
Dec 20, 2023 9:59 PM

Dec 2022
Takayuki is one stand-up guy. Girlfriend run over and in a coma? No problem, just hook up with her friend. Surprised him and Mitsuki are only feeling the guilt three years later.

Shaded Horizon

Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Oct 2016
Three years is a long time. Most people would've moved on. I can understand Akane though, as Mitsuki is supposed to be Haruka's best friend. Mitsuki and Takayuki getting together would seem like betrayal for Akane.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mitsuki or Haruka? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 1, 2007

255 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

180 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 24, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

54 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 7, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.