Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Bond finally getting more love and screen time. But seriously, this episode finale truly gave him the chance to shine both in action and personality. He's also got some underrated chemistry with Loid this episode.

I think it's kinda unique episode considering they focused the attention on him. Anya and Yor had some moments together as usual, and she shows some of her skill yet again. Anya seeing Bond's new look is priceless but having the entire family together at home is just really sweet.
Dec 23, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
Bond must find it comforting to save a fellow dog, especially since he probably couldn't rescue the others they experimented on.

In the park, Loid is teaching Bond how to take down targets without causing serious harm. Meanwhile, Franky is yelling at Bond for biting him, and in the commotion, Bond accidentally lets go of his arm. Loid scolds Bond for releasing the target and reflects that Bond is just too kind to be both bark and bite.

It's kinda funny how Scruffy seems to pick up on Bond's emotions quite well, probably because they've spent some time together before, haha. Twilight's expression when she figured out why Bond went into the building was priceless. Hoping they both make it out safe, and this whole situation turns into a memorable bonding experience (pun not intended). Bond is truly an amazing dog. Yeah, he could work on his planning a bit, but he never hesitates to jump into danger to save someone else. Seeing Bond all skinny is both adorable and a bit weird, to be honest. Can't unsee him without his fluffy fur now. Also, the whole side plot about Anya and Yor building origamis... weird, but it makes sense; every kid built origamis for no reason. I expect another season due to the fact that they just released a movie a couple of days ago, and it's probably going to bring in a shit ton of money. This would warrant it for a third season.

At least for the time being, the Forger family can relax.

This season is definitely better than Season 1 Part 2, but it ain't better than Season 1 Part 1. This show as a whole just feels like a Saturday morning cartoon at this point.

Dec 23, 2023 6:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I missed the first few minutes of TV Tokyo's broadcast, sadly, but from whatever I got to say, it's a Bond-focused episode which equals great! Saving the little puppy and then getting a happy end that's slightly different from the one he imagined with the star from Anya, that's a well-deserved conclusion to this little tale. Gotta protect him, at all costs!

Skinny Bond threw me off a little bit too, xD. No wonder Loid-san couldn't hold his composure there, that certainly came out of nowhere. Loid-san telling Bond to not spring into action like that because he's a part of the family was too sweet and heartwarming, this show just nails the family drama part week in and week out!

All in all, I definitely enjoyed this cour more than the previous. Yor-san's highlight arc in the middle of this cour was spot-on too and the usual business is always good ~

Solid 8/10! A "next mission" transmission was shown but no details just yet...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 23, 2023 6:49 AM

Apr 2021
Season 2 would be incomplete without having a compulsory Bond episode. It was fun watching both Bond and Loid in action.

This season, just like the previous ones was pretty good. I hope to see another installment of this series.

Plus, we also got the movie to watch too :)

9/10
Dec 23, 2023 7:24 AM

Dec 2022
honestly this episode was focused on bond and i love it goodness it was so funny seeing bond soaked

anyway this concludes this season now to watch the movie

think i will be contuning this anime for a while might pick up the manga
Dec 23, 2023 7:32 AM

Feb 2021
The movie (Code: White) came out in Japan a couple days ago btw! Now we wait for the BDs so we can watch it too.

It's always sad seeing Bond being misunderstood :(. But he was on fire today!
It's been a while since we had an episode with Bond, so this was nice.

9/10
Very wholesome and funny season again, but the highlight is of course the Cruise Adventure Arc. We finally got more focus on Yor and it was epic! I would like to see more slice-of-life moments with her in the future too.

And the scene after credits teases a sequel! (only the text, the visuals are from previous episodes)
Dec 23, 2023 7:36 AM

Jul 2016
Loved the Bond & Loid focused episode so much! Loid’s trying-not-to-laugh face when Bond was skinny and soaking wet was hilarious lmao.

Dec 23, 2023 7:37 AM
Aug 2022
Noo We Want More, we want Season 3 Announcement
Dec 23, 2023 7:38 AM

Jan 2009
bond focus episode for the finale that dog is nice
Dec 23, 2023 8:03 AM
Sep 2021
Nice bond & loid screen time, bond got a little screen time throughout the season, nice to see that get compensated. Good season overall, meet you all in next season.
Dec 23, 2023 8:09 AM

Jul 2011
Everyone of the Forger family had their episode. Now with Bond.

Bond normally,fluffy gentleman, wet Bond, ELEGANT gentlemen.

Was strange not having a Code:White ad for the end. I guess the movie already had enough promotion.
Dec 23, 2023 8:13 AM

Apr 2023
It was a pretty casual episode for the finale. Though it was still a really nice episode overall because we got to see bonding moments between Bond and Loid. And of course, they deserved a Stella for saving a puppy there! :)

I haven't seen the movie, so I'm looking forward to watching it next!

Dec 23, 2023 8:21 AM

Apr 2020
I like Spy x Family but I'm getting burned out.
I really hope it gets a change or it's ending soon because it does feel like I'm watching the same thing over and over sometimes.
I still give it a 7/10 because it's still good.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 23, 2023 8:43 AM
Oct 2019
Looking forward to the international release of CODE WHITE next year, and looking forward to season 3 which will begin with my favorite arc of the manga. No spoilers, but readers know.
Dec 23, 2023 8:48 AM

Oct 2017
Some of my favourite chapters from manga got animated this season so had fun watching it and looking forward to more on the future.
Dec 23, 2023 8:55 AM
May 2021
I love spy x fam , just different vibes to the show. Cant wait for the movie!
Dec 23, 2023 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That was some determination that Anya showed in creating origami. Im glad that despite the misunderstandings that Bond was able to rescue Daisy. The long face he made after his fire was put out was funny though. But he sure did good in stopping the arsonist while also elevating his role within the family in the process. The reward of being given origami stella's though was well worth it. The last scenes that showed the support cast were pretty fun especially Yuri's dramatic consumption of his dear sisters gifts that lead to such a dramatic result. Overall a pretty chill and wholesome finale that did well to showcase the fact that despite their differnt skillsets what linked them together was the bond of family. S3 please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2023 9:17 AM

Mar 2021
Lovely way to end the season with Bond saving the day he really is a good boy
Dec 23, 2023 9:19 AM
Oct 2016
Bond and Loid getting their own pseudo mission together to end this season. Bond using his premonition abilities to save people but it just comes across as aggressiveness. Loid being very confused by Anya and now Bond is always hilarious. He can't wrap his head around either of them while they both try to help him out at every opportunity. Bond knowing that fire was happening and running straight towards it, going right to saving that puppy. Loid keeping cool during the situation helping Bond find a way out of the burning building. They managed to save the puppy and Bond even found the arsonist himself which is great. Bond showing Loid how well trained he can be, very funny seeing Bond soaked in water and all skinny. Without his fluff he looks drastically different. Anya freaking out upon seeing Bond in this state. I loved her giving both Loid and Bond their own Stella stars. The Forgers are a great family. I loved this season season of spy x family, continuing everything from before while advancing the characters. The cruise arc was fantastic and some of the best content we've gotten from the series. We got so many great moments over the course of these episodes, I cannot wait to see the movie too.

93/100
Dec 23, 2023 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
A pretty chill Bond-centric episode to close out the season. Bond's intentions come from a good place but he keeps messing things up lol. At least he managed to successfully rescue the puppy and catch the arsonist.

This series continues to shine with a nice blend of comedy, action, and wholesomeness. The cruise arc in the middle of the season was definitely the highlight, as we really got to dive more into Yor's character and see what she's truly capable of in terms of fighting. Looking forward to eventually watching the movie and getting a new season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 23, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2021
this season got a lot of hate but tbh i enjoyed it. it wasn’t the best but it didn’t suck and i looked forward to watching it each week :) loved the bits from bond’s point of view too
Dec 23, 2023 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
A healing Bond episode is suitable for ending this violence season.
Dec 23, 2023 9:52 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This finale episode didn’t really feel like a finale, but with SoL anime that’s usually how it goes, and that’s how I like it as well, just knowing all of our favorite characters are going on living is nice enough for me. This was a good episode tho, really enjoyed the Bond focused story, it was a bit harder for Bond to win over Loid than it was Anya but when it finally came to the burning apartment building he ended up proving himself by saving that puppy as well as capturing the arsonist. I’m happy for Bond, but Loid is also right that he has someone who’d be sad if he died, that was nice to hear from Loid after all that happened. And Anya being the only one to reward Bond and Loid at the end was very sweet, really nice place to end on, as well as the little slideshow at the very end where we see a lot of the characters doing their thing, seeing Fiona only made me wish we got more of her this season tho lol.

And that was the end of another fantastic season of Spy x Family, it was a lot of fun once again. The main arc of this season, being the cruise ship arc, didn’t disappoint at all, the Yor focus in that one was very awesome along with the usual hilarity when we had scenes showing what Anya and Loid were doing, and of course I loved all the shorter SoL and comedy focused stories we had this season as well. Biggest issue I had was the lack of Fiona as I stated before, she played a big role near the end of Season 1 and I think she only had one bit in this one, I’m really hoping that if there’s a 3rd season (or maybe the movie) she gets more focus because I need more of her lol.

And comparing this season to the 1st, of course I have to say Season 1 was better, but that’s mainly because of episode count, it’s hard to beat a 2-cour season loaded with content versus a 1 cour season, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t love this season. And we once again had a very good OP and ED, the OP had some awesome visuals with a song that grew on me over time, and the ED had amazing visuals as well with another chill and relaxing jam that amounts to the ones from Season 1 which were amazing as well. Now I’m not sure if there’s enough manga for a 3rd season yet, but I really hope we get one some day, and I’m also really looking forward to the movie whenever it’s released outside of Japan.
Dec 23, 2023 9:56 AM
Jun 2022
well in my opinion It was sweet & simple just the way this Anime should be ♥️
Dec 23, 2023 9:59 AM
Sep 2022
Any episode with Fiona in it gets a 10/10 from me 🤌👍 (she was there for a couple of frames)

Jul 2017
A mediocre final episode to end a part that was an improvement from S1 part 2 with the arc in the middle, but still not quite the overall consistent best that the series delivered with its initial episodes from season 1. At least it is an improvement, even if it was temporary.
Sep 2021
ZER0PT said:
I like Spy x Family but I'm getting burned out.
I really hope it gets a change or it's ending soon because it does feel like I'm watching the same thing over and over sometimes.
I still give it a 7/10 because it's still good.

u don't change something that's already good. cheer up!!
Dec 23, 2023 10:21 AM

May 2015
Bond is the goodest of all boiS!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 23, 2023 10:21 AM

Feb 2020
E chegamos ao final dessa season da familia espião.

Dec 23, 2023 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Anya trying to make origami while Loid takes Bond out for a casual walk...or rather, training with Frankie to ascertain Project Apple, the experiment that Bond was in. But since Frankie was tired and Anya making her own Stella...for laughs, Loid continued the walk, but Bond could not stop the future from happening with a kid dropping his ice cream. Worse still, an elderly man getting struck by an oncoming bicycle, he managed to stop the commotion, but got the flack for it instead. The worst one ever is of an apartment on fire, which Bond would not relent Loid to stay put.

Bond is no ordinary dog, and Loid comes to assist...for a pup. But them both being closed out of their options of escape as the apartment fire rages into a blaze, they both got out safe and sound...though Bond got caught by fire himself...and snickered when he saw Bond being skinny. But Bond manages to sneeze something more, the actual arsonist culprit, which Loid came to restrain him. As for the miss's pup Daisy, he's fine and all, though both Loid and Bond preferred to be under wraps. Despite everything though, Bond is part of the Forger family after all.

Anya only knowing their affair, presents both Loid and Bond with her Stellas, and the Forger family is at ease.

Solid Season 2, though Spy X Family has always been consistent since its anime beginnings in Spring 2022.
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 AM

Jan 2018
Bond is a good boy. Glad we got one last episode focusing on him.

Well, that's the end of Spy x Family Season 2. I don't think there will be a Part 2 like there was for Season 1. Probably because of the recently released movie.

Spy x Family is probably my favorite comfort anime of recent times. I enjoyed Season 2 a lot. I really hope we'll get a 3rd Season very soon.
Dec 23, 2023 10:35 AM
May 2023
Very good episode to end this season, I loved it... Loid and Bond make an incredible duo, I thought he was chubbier hahaha but it was pure hair... that even the best spy can't help but laugh. It's surprising that Bond, even though humans have experienced him and discarded him, is still interested in protecting and/or loving them.
Although in terms of story (Operation Strix) it didn't advance anything haha ​​but there was character development...to be punctual in the family itself as well as Yor on the one hand or Loid with Bond on the other. I hope they make a third season and I hope to see the movie soon
PS: For my taste...the first season was a little better
Dec 23, 2023 10:36 AM
Sep 2023
not upto the mark as it was a final episode something related to the main story should have been there instead of the fire incident 😑
Dec 23, 2023 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
Bond is very adorable. what a way to finish the season.

I love how this show gradually gets better and better, this season is the best one yet. let's see if the next one will be able to keep up with the improvements or not.

8.5/10
Dec 23, 2023 10:42 AM

Mar 2019
We got 6 episodes of the cruise ship arc, which was pretty good in its own right, and 6 episodes of reminding us who all the side characters are.
But then next to nothing about Operation Strix! I really liked this season but I miss the main plot.
Dec 23, 2023 10:46 AM

Sep 2017
Another great cour of spy family. Kind of a random episode for a finale but it's a seasonal SoL so makes sense. They maybe could have rearranged some things and made the cruise be the final arc. It was good either way. Speaking of, I'm glad we finally had an arc focused on Yor as an assassin. That was something I really wanted to see from the first season. I assume there will be a season 2 part 2 at some point in 2024. Looking forward to it.
Dec 23, 2023 10:47 AM

Nov 2021
Somewhat of a weaker season compared to the other two parts, but still tons of cute moments and action. Really excited for the movie though, it looks spectacular
Dec 23, 2023 10:55 AM

Aug 2022
Wow wow wow just wow.

This franchise was extraordinary, very entertaining, beautiful and wholesome.

The last episode of Loid and Bond was truly extraordinary, once again they saved people. In other words, the other moments were all good in this last episode.

Well that's it for the best anime this season. See you on the next mission.
Dec 23, 2023 11:00 AM
Dec 2023
I'll miss anya until the new season 💝
Dec 23, 2023 11:06 AM
Jul 2011
It was a nice episode, Bond trying to prove to Twilight that he is an important part of the family to avoid being abandoned was very good. Also, Twilight is keeping understanding the importance of this fake family to his life. And nothing is equal than his past.
Dec 23, 2023 11:16 AM

May 2019
Pretty good SoL ending to this season of Spy X Family with a focus on Bond. I'm glad that Bond got the recognition he deserved from Loid but too bad he didn't get a year's supply of meat as he envisioned it lol. Also at the end I noticed Yuri force eating his sister's gross cupcakes which was pretty funny. Anyway I enjoyed this season almost as much as season 1 so I'm also giving this an 8/10.
Dec 23, 2023 11:25 AM

Apr 2021
Loving the consistent quality of this series over the seasons. It's always fun spending time with this family and their shenanigans.

But I really hope in the next season the actual overarching plot progresses a lot more. And I hope they change the status quo of their pretend-family dynamic in some way, preferably through suspicion about their true idenitiy and maybe even reveal. But unfortunately, I doubt this will happen any time some.
Can someone give me a short spoiler on how the current status in the manga is?:-)
Dec 23, 2023 11:37 AM

Nov 2016
Chill family time, the ideal note to end this season. Guess it's time to pick up the manga again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2023 11:42 AM
Nov 2020
It is nice to get some side episodes, but this season was all a filler.
Deviate too much from the main story, and you just end with a pretty general comedy.
Dec 23, 2023 11:44 AM

May 2018
I always love Bond episodes! We need more of them :)

Anyways it was a nice season to chill and relax to.

6/10
Dec 23, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2022
IIIIIIII Love Aniaaaa-sannnn
Dec 23, 2023 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
This was a really great season overall, The highlight being the Yor episodes. Hopefully the movies comes to theatres in my country or it's released on Blu-ray soon because it looks really fun!
Dec 23, 2023 11:58 AM

May 2021
Man I love how consistent spy family is. Although its been 2 seasons with 3 cores, its always been 5/5 for me with every episode
Dec 23, 2023 12:01 PM

Aug 2018
After careful reviewing of the first 3 seasons so far I'd say this is unfortunately a bit below the rest in my opinion. The entirety of SpyXFamily has a whole is undeniably pretty consistent considering it is a slice-of-life comedy and the pacing is dictated by the jokes and shenanigans happening on screen, making the arguments "it's becoming boring/worse" or "it's too slow and nothing happens" quite meaningless to me.
The whole season can simply be resumed as the Cruise arc because of it taking 6 out of 12 episodes, basically the main focus for this part with all others episode being self-contained 1 character arc (Becky, Damian, Bond etc) for the purpose of either comedy or side character development.
Is the Cruise Arc better than what we had previously ? Unfortunately no. My main gripe concerning the treatment of Yor with an issue that is overly apparent in this arc even though it lasted since almost her introduction. It is simply impossible to write compelling drama with Yor's character as the way she is written right now and this makes the Cruise Arc a pain in multiple instances, she is simply too overpowered and carefree at the same time for the emotional moments to hit. Some will say Yor is just a badly written MarySue and that's the core issue, but I disagree, Loid is also a huge GaryStu but is still perfectly written through and through. The difference lies in how they approach the more serious situations of their hidden identity, Loid is constantely in a state of taking everything too seriously, therefore his spy moments feel real and coherent because his character acts the way he should be acting in such situations and his comic side is only on display during slice-of-life family moments where it doesn't come in conflict with the general mood of the arc.
Here we are supposed to accept Yor is at the same time a cold-blooded super assassin and a dumb clumsy housewife, which doesn't work. The amount of people she kills without any remorse is baffling, even if justified in scenario, her detachment to killing is completely incoherent with her ultra emotional reactions toward daily situation like when she does clumsy mistakes in their household. All of this would work if everything was treated as a parody or full on comedy but the character of McMahon is a proof it absolutely isn't, all of his kills are showed as brutal and emotionless, just acting by following orders in a very serious assassin story settings. Her main dilemma is the same as Loid, deciding who they truly are between their hidden identity and their made-up family persona, unfortunately for Yor the treatment is way too ridiculous as she worries more about injuries on her boob than the possibility of her death. The main solution for me and that's what I think Endo initially intended when looking at the first few chapters is that Yor should have had a split personality or similar, basically completely separating the clumsy housewife and the serious assassin in each sections requiring it. Her clumsy self could obviously keep her godlike reflexes and strenght for comedy purpose but her cold-blooded assassin side would be taken more seriously, then you could add interior conflicts for her to find which personality is the real her instead of simply making her hop inbetween the 2 at will. This is better as a narrative standpoint mainly because Yor's conflict between family and job is pointless as she perfectly lives with the 2 without any troubles, she reached her goal when the made-up family was created which isn't the case for Loid, as his main goal is still the operation Stryx and the whole fake family would be abandonned once it is over. Technically Yor has no goal in the story (so far) than just doing what she does, becoming a good mother is pointless because Anya already loves her, Yuri is living his best life as Gestapo agent and Garden is apparently doing well (Ost/West peace is Garden's goal, not Yor's).
In the end the only best thing that can happen now in next part is finally a plot progression for operation Stryx now that all important introductions have been done (Yuri, Bond, Fiona) and all comedy/side characters got some screentime (Franky, Becky, Damian, Daybreak). Things can truly only stagnates or advances from here.
Dec 23, 2023 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Season 3/ S2 Part 2 confirmed by that ending PV?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

190 by Gator »»
Today, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

109 by Gator »»
Today, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

145 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

125 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

130 by Gator »»
Apr 29, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.