Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2023 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Cool, we got a more serious mission this time dealing with exploring a labyinth. It seems the Sword Maiden knew of that area before in her lifetime.

Kinda interesting that goblins has their varients this season, almost like a RPG game. The priest still creeps me out though.
Dec 15, 2023 5:51 AM

Dec 2021
I never expected to come across a Goblin Pope.

Goblin Slayer's party embarked on a mission to save the abducted princess within the depths of the Dungeon of the Dead. This colossal labyrinth had been previously conquered by Sword Maiden. Armed with the map she provided, the party navigated through the dungeon, facing countless goblins and engaging in fierce battles along the way. Their journey led them to a peculiar altar, where a goblin priest was preparing to sacrifice the princess in a dark ritual.

It took me a bit, but I finally got around to listening to the OP, and I have to say, it's actually pretty good. The visuals are stunning as well. Although, imo, the original is still my favorite. The idea of Sword Maiden returning to adventuring sounds really interesting. I guess that's why she feels a strong bond with Goblin Slayer—they both share this determination to rid the world of goblins, lmao. It's surprising how those seemingly insignificant elements from earlier are now becoming important to the story. Maybe, for the big finale, they'll team up with Goblin Slayer's party to take down the goblins together.

What punishment will Goblin Slayer give to that noble girl who took Priestess's clothes?
IzanaSolosDec 15, 2023 6:18 AM

Dec 15, 2023 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
The hero got to enjoy a rain of Goblins but the hero party didn't seem to bothered by it.
Anyway the group made it to the girl mow the question is the type of harm they did to her if any and of course whether the way out of that place will will be hard.
Guess next episode will be interesting.
Dec 15, 2023 6:17 AM

Feb 2021
The blonde girl is from the movie btw.
The goblins teleporting to where the Hero is is cool lol. Made me think that they're going to the same place. Would've liked to see her and GS interact.
Aaahhh that cliffhanger. They beat them faster than I thought they would lol. I guess the goblins knew that that was the Princess and didn't do anything to her, judging from her appearance. I wonder what they wanted to do with her. Last episode next.
EmbientDec 15, 2023 6:21 AM
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 AM
Aug 2020
goblin slayerrrrrrrrr

i enjoyed this episode

so now they were trying to do a sacrifice, hummmm
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 15, 2023 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
Sword Maiden be like "Here is a map, and blue ribbon that was between my breasts. For my favourite adventurer."

Well at least the goblin fell on the Hero party, worse if was over some farmer.

Was nice having a elevator, than clear 3 floors.

That's was a lot of blood to make that ritual. Looks like the kingdom need a better questing system.
Dec 15, 2023 7:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It would be nice if the hero's party crosses paths with GS's party sometime. After that kind of theft i don't think there's anyone that wouldn't have negative thoughts like that. In a way female merchant and Sword maiden are pretty similar in that both were forced to leave the frontlines due to the injuries they took. The dungeon of the dead sure was one hell of a stage for this battle. The welcome party was larger than expected. When you want low key i guess there's nothing less perfect than fire and oil. The fight in the chamber was pretty good with the gob priest adding a degree of complexity to the fight. GS sucker kicking it was an amusing way of bringing the battle to an end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Dec 2022
well goblins were indeed slayed so i am satisfied what i am not satisfied with is there is only one episode to go also that princess has fish brain i wonder how would she react when she wakes up
Dec 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
Being a goblin killed by Goblin Slayer is one thing. Being a Goblin who gets his nuts kicked by Goblin Slayer? That's a special kind of evil.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Dec 15, 2023 8:10 AM
Sep 2015
A "business as usual" episode.

I find it unsettling that goblins usually have wolves as their pets, because I love wolves.
Dec 15, 2023 8:36 AM

Mar 2010
Its not successful until they are home in a warm bed, but i'm starting to think maybe that giant blob will become some kind of goblin boss..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 15, 2023 8:41 AM

Jul 2017
Goblin Slayer and his party off on a mission to save the princess, not without some assistance from the Sword Maiden to aid them in this rather dangerous expedition that involves goblins and more.

It's clearly a treacherous path to the Dungeon of the Dead which has lots of twists and turns, and the objective is to reach the princess deep on the 4th floor. Indeed, once they stepped into the dungeon, the horde of goblins start attacking them, which it takes skill to execute without magic and the least that they have. That said, Goblin Slayer transporting the goblins to where the Hero and her companions are at the mountains, it certainly is an anomaly comparing that the former and his party are already deep into the dungeon, and making preparations for what they'll find and deal with the goblin horde below with flexibility.

Finding the princess with a much rather fearsome goblin priest, it's definitely a level higher than a regular shaman, but nothing that the party cannot deal with. The thing now is to discern what the goblin priest is doing, and the princess being a sacrifice, ends with Priestess's prayer and Goblin Slayer's usual husk.

See? Nothing that difficult to deal with, though what to do with the princess now?
Dec 15, 2023 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
They finally got the princess and she's still alive but unconscious. Now the real problem is whether they will clean up the dungeon and destroy all goblins in it or retreat to send the princess back to her family.

Goblin Slayer slaying goblins for this episode was okay but I didn't get the epicness I was looking for what I mostly got from S1. (just saying)

Hero is so adorable... she's probably a dumb and muscle-head kind of character. Her friends were okay but Hero is the most interesting character from their group as she's too carefree.
The samurai girl and the mage girl are currently average at best, for now. They need more lines.

Anyway, since we still have the last episode, I hope I can see a bit more of Goblin Slayer's true prowess. (I need more battle-packed action)
I need more episodes... felt rushed.

Btw, dunno why they introduced the goblin having a priest job instead of something else... 🤣
CrazyButNot4UDec 15, 2023 8:59 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 15, 2023 9:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The goblin pope got it right in the gonads. What a way to go, lol. I don't know why watching him reminded me of the outfit of the lead singer of the rock band Ghost.

Hero and her party come across as doofy and silly, like if they were from another show. I suppose that they'll run into goblin nastiness at one point and be brought down a notch or two.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2023 10:07 AM

Jul 2014
Such a badly done show.

Kill most of the goblins, THEN use the precious magic items to kill the last ones, THEN run away when you've killed them all.

If I was DMing this party I'd kill them to put them out of their misery and break out Catan and hope it's not too complicated for them.
Dec 15, 2023 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
Wonder how Goblin Slayer would react if he found out his warping of goblins ended up making some eldritch goblin blob thing (Other than "souka")

Goblin Nutcracker, just in time for Christmas!
Dec 15, 2023 11:03 AM

Jan 2018
There's even a goblin priest? Wtf.

Priestess used her purifying spell again. It seems okay now.
Dec 15, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
Ah yeah the classic bringing out things from inside the oppai lol. Wonder what that blue ribbon does actually. The rescue mission went well and I hope that's the end of it and we get a nice epilogue sort of finale for the season.
MegamiRemDec 28, 2023 12:37 AM
Dec 15, 2023 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
Mf like me would’ve sniffed the blue ribbon, that’s just me tho 🤷🏾‍♂️

Cool to see the hero’s party in action. Wish we got more of her in this series

Well still can’t say I feel bad for the princess or anything after stealing priestess robes and getting herself in this situation. Extremely stupid and brash, but she’s lucky she was able to survive. Had it been any other party she’d be dead.

Earth mother must’ve forgiven priestess for misusing her purify spell a few episodes ago. Came in clutch here. Who would’ve thought Goblins could use Protection?

The goblin nutcracker at the end was hilarious. Perfect way to cap off the raid.

While a lot of people have written this season off and called it boring, I like that we’ve seen more aspects of the goblin’s forces in this season. Priest, Shaman, etc there’s a lot more diversity to the goblins than I thought, making them a much more formidable foe.
Marinate1016Dec 15, 2023 11:33 AM
Dec 15, 2023 11:37 AM

May 2020
Always a fan of same old goblin slaying. Though the thing about Goblin slayer literally sort of teleporting them to some random place where they'd fall from the sky as if rainfall was hilarious.

And yes, some way to put the goblin priest to his place lol.
Dec 15, 2023 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
I can't get enough of the banter or those little moments before a battle when they are getting ready and consult everyone about their strategy and such.
Dec 15, 2023 1:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I always enjoy seeing some more goblin slaying action, it was also cool seeing the Goblin Priest use sacrifices to make a shield, not sure what the end goal was exactly but killing the princess was definitely part of it, thankfully the Priestess made use of the purify spell once again which got rid of the shield and gave the Goblin Priest a kick in the balls by the Goblin Slayer himself lol. I’m also glad someone else in this thread noticed the resemblance to the lead singer of Ghost with the Goblin Priest’s attire, I think I mentioned that last week too lol.

And we got a bit more of the hero, and once again I’m very glad this show is called Goblin Slayer because I always find their bits way less interesting compared to what the Goblin Slayer and his party are doing, although I did like how Goblin Slayer’s spell that teleported the goblins into the sky ended up playing a role in the hero’s party’s fight against that weird blob creature. And we have just one episode left to go, can’t believe this is already almost over.
TheColonel76Dec 15, 2023 1:10 PM
Dec 15, 2023 2:20 PM
Nov 2019
"Nothing like a good old kick to the balls"- GS probably
Dec 15, 2023 2:34 PM

Sep 2017
Could've been more intense
خ
Dec 15, 2023 3:00 PM

Dec 2018
I still think the animation is lacking but i'm glad they got the princess and what the heck was that abomination on the mountain?
Dec 15, 2023 3:27 PM

Oct 2019
I strongly suspect that princess will lose her taste for adventure after this..
Dec 15, 2023 3:38 PM

Jan 2019
Think I've aged out of this show, kicking the goblin pope in the nuts was pretty funny though

Dec 15, 2023 4:23 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Marinate1016
Mf like me would’ve sniffed the blue ribbon, that’s just me tho 🤷🏾‍♂️

Cool to see the hero’s party in action. Wish we got more of her in this series

Well still can’t say I feel bad for the princess or anything after stealing priestess robes and getting herself in this situation. Extremely stupid and brash, but she’s lucky she was able to survive. Had it been any other party she’d be dead.

Earth mother must’ve forgiven priestess for misusing her purify spell a few episodes ago. Came in clutch here. Who would’ve thought Goblins could use Protection?

The goblin nutcracker at the end was hilarious. Perfect way to cap off the raid.

While a lot of people have written this season off and called it boring, I like that we’ve seen more aspects of the goblin’s forces in this season. Priest, Shaman, etc there’s a lot more diversity to the goblins than I thought, making them a much more formidable foe.
@Marinate1016 most people probably just got annoyed with the Wizard boy and that animation got a bit worse.
Dec 15, 2023 5:32 PM

Feb 2019
i guess we know where those goblins landed lol then that means the heroes party and goblin slayer's party are within the same vicinity. princess looks roughed up, i wonder if she was also violated as well...
Dec 15, 2023 7:00 PM
May 2016
Someone has commented about this , but i feel that the authors makes a point to show little connections with meaningful repercussions between GS’s actions and the hero party. Probably a way to nudge about the “gods rolling dices” concept, believed inside that universe. Maybe in the LN they expand these connections or elaborate about gods?
Dec 15, 2023 7:59 PM

Feb 2016
BROTHERS, REJOICE, THE GOBLINS HAVE BEEN SLAYED 🗣️🎺!!!

I never thought GS was going to kick that bastard in the balls, that last kill was epic. But I must say, this rescue mission was oddly easy, for all the hype they gave it because of the dungeon.

I don't think the princess wasn't raped, but ofc I hope she didn't.

Next episode is the last one, I wanna cry 😢

PD: give us more scenes with the Hero next episode and in following seasons, thank you.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 15, 2023 8:00 PM

Oct 2021
I wish we got to actually see Goblins Slayer's interaction with the king, maybe next episode.
Dec 15, 2023 8:10 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to 0451
There's even a goblin priest? Wtf.

Priestess used her purifying spell again. It seems okay now.
@0451 It was okay now because she didn't hurt anyone, the spell just purified the blood of already dead people and nullified their protection, that one time she specifically purified the blood of a bleeding, living goblin, killing him, and that is a big no-no.
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 15, 2023 8:22 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Sokah
Such a badly done show.

Kill most of the goblins, THEN use the precious magic items to kill the last ones, THEN run away when you've killed them all.

If I was DMing this party I'd kill them to put them out of their misery and break out Catan and hope it's not too complicated for them.
@Sokah
1- Kill most of the goblins first, because they were way too many, if such a big group was teleported together it could cause a huge problem because GS didn't know were they would end up dropping, maybe some of them wouldn't even die because they could land in a safe place, it's common sense, imagine if they landed in a village in the top of a mountain or something like that, and some survived, it would be bad af.
2- They ran away since GS clearly said they had to hide because they could have been sucked in too. Also, they had to keep moving forward anyway, it's not wise to let a big group of goblins follow you around in a dungeon were you don't know what you will find next, again, common sense.

If you were DMing this party, you would suck ass at it lol
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 15, 2023 8:25 PM

May 2019
The princess is alive so that's good but the team isn't out of the woods yet. Btw it was funny how the goblins that GS sucked up with the portal ended up next to the monster the hero party was fighting. Also, I recognized the girl that spoke with Sword Maiden from the movie and she seems to be doing better than Sword Maiden herself.
Dec 15, 2023 9:36 PM

Jan 2018
StallionXD said:
@0451 It was okay now because she didn't hurt anyone, the spell just purified the blood of already dead people and nullified their protection, that one time she specifically purified the blood of a bleeding, living goblin, killing him, and that is a big no-no.

I see. I was a bit confused about that part. Did Priestess use it intentionally against that bleeding goblin or was it an accident?
Dec 15, 2023 9:52 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to 0451
StallionXD said:

I see. I was a bit confused about that part. Did Priestess use it intentionally against that bleeding goblin or was it an accident?
@0451 Intentionally, she saw things don't going well and decided to try a kill their leader herself, and she can't use Earth Mother spells for impure acts.
Still cool tho, that was her 1st and only kill so far.
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 16, 2023 12:12 AM

Oct 2013
Huge dungeon full of goblins? I couldn't be better, haha. Mr. Scaly was especially excited.

Good episode with a lot of goblin slaying action, ending with an epic clash. Lovely.

Heh, I guess it was not a coincidence that the magic ribbon which was given by Sword Maiden to Goblin Slayer had been stored between her breasts. 😏 We all know that she is secretly in love with Goblin Slayer.
Dec 16, 2023 5:41 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I really enjoy the combat in Goblin Slayer. Apart from the tactics, it's also kind of refreshing to not have spellcasters be total mayhem OP spell spam and instead have very limited and not even all that powerful spells. It makes it really feel like casting a spell is a tactical move and not just a power flex.
Dec 16, 2023 7:55 AM

Jun 2016
that goblin pope so weak AF !!

to ba d that princess got messed up by bunch of ugly goblin
Dec 16, 2023 10:13 AM
Mar 2015
Dueling quests causes raining goblins At least Goblin Slayer saved the Princess
Dec 16, 2023 11:57 AM
Jun 2022
The brat princress just got instanly Karma lol. Hope she reflect on her action and got scolded by.
Dec 16, 2023 1:17 PM
Nov 2020
He slayed Goblins
Dec 16, 2023 6:36 PM

Aug 2022
Goblin Nutcracker, just in time for Christmas! But honestly, I loved that we got more scenes with the Heroes; their party seems to be pretty fun (and OP)! It was also quite amusing that they got the goblins teleported by GS's scroll raining on them. I wonder what is going to happen next, though. So far, for a dungeon called "The Dungeon of the Dead," it felt a bit too easy, and I'm hoping our party will finally get to meet and work with the Heroes soon!
Dec 17, 2023 2:08 AM
Jan 2009
Am I going crazy or did GS beat that priest to death with a turkey leg? I've rewatched those last few seconds repeatedly now, and it doesn't look like a club, it looks like a drumstick.
Dec 17, 2023 3:19 AM
Dec 2023
Very good anime by the way I dislike the hatred behind it.I love this anime because the mc is not like the other anime mc,is kind more like alone and not all powerfull with a stupid harem.So is pretty damn good anime.NGL
Dec 17, 2023 5:14 AM

May 2015
GOBLIN PRIEST NOT OP
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 17, 2023 6:18 AM

Feb 2021
The goblin got sucked into the scroll XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 17, 2023 6:35 AM
Oct 2019
It's GOBLIN SLAYING TIME!!
Dec 17, 2023 6:56 AM

Nov 2013
LoL, goblin priest was like "I have a hostage, don't move", but Goblin Slayer was like "ball-shot, head-shot".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

95 by d_lynne »»
Apr 26, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2023

83 by d_lynne »»
Apr 26, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

147 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 23, 1:05 PM

» New Animation Studio

darkia1416 - Jan 21

16 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 23, 8:46 AM

» kinda vanilla

KuroudoAkabane - Jan 17

26 by Gator »»
Apr 23, 8:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.