Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2023 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
Seems no matter where they are, Andy is with Fuuko. Being hot tempered,d it looks like he says whatever the hell is on his mind.

Well, I think their chemistry is fun to watch. Andy has a wild imagination. It was neat to see Gina though. The anime adapts her personality ouf the manga and she is just as energetic. Behind that smile though is still a deadly fighter.

Oct 20, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2023
I love this anime.some new experience and adventure.✨✨
Oct 20, 2023 11:37 AM

Feb 2021
The start has a much different tone than usual
The OP is really growing on me
I wonder how would anime Russian be called... Lussian?
14:43 Didn't expect Russian subs to be here too lol. But they're wrong, they used the male version of "are you alone" when the character said the female version (yes Russian has grammatical genders, and I think they are more difficult than in most languages)
18:40 What kind of school did she attend lmao?
Her ability seems to negate change but it's still unknown what it really does. Looking forward to learning that. The abilities in this have been quite interesting.
Oct 20, 2023 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
Andy's hair down version is hot, but the hair up version is hot too, but sadly, no naked scene this episode means that's not hot!

I feel like the fact that in this anime there's no other planet or star, only Earth, the Moon, and the Sun will play an important role later...
Oct 20, 2023 12:03 PM

Oct 2017
Another fun episode packed with action and good moments. Good to know more about how Fuuko views things. She has a talent for art. Maybe once all the ruckus is over and they can live in peace, she'll become an artist and spend the rest of her days as one. For now though they gotta take care of this new girl who has a pretty op power. The water animation was beautiful btw.
Oct 20, 2023 12:11 PM
Aug 2020
i love the manga, and i keep enjoying every episodes for the moment.

they are doing a great job...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 20, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2015
great to see that it’s keeping the interest high with very fast pacing. can’t wait for the first big fight next week

also why the hell the visual direction feels so Shaft?
Oct 20, 2023 12:32 PM

Mar 2020
Nice to see some more perspective on Fuuko, and I was surprised by how good her art skills were. Gina seemed interesting as well, wonder what her and Andy's past was, since we saw a glimpse of that at the start of the episode. She's probably the Negator of change, given how much she talked about things changing. Should be a big fight next episode!
Oct 20, 2023 12:37 PM

Jan 2018
This takes place in 2020? Not a nice year...

Andy and Fuko made it to Russia! On their way, Andy did CPR on Fuko and realized her Unluck power is somewhat controllable. I wonder if the results will be different with an actual kiss...

Damn this Gena chick seems f###ed in the head. I like her vibes. Too bad Andy needs to kill her... I wonder how will they kill her? This show's starting to grow on me.

Does Undead Unluck universe not have stars? That'd be a bit weird.
0451Oct 20, 2023 1:18 PM
Oct 20, 2023 1:15 PM
May 2021
Nice ep, really like this anime so far! Animation os crispy af too.
Oct 20, 2023 1:33 PM
Sep 2008
Reply to 0451

Andy and Fuko made it to Russia! On their way, Andy did CPR on Fuko and realized her Unluck power is somewhat controllable. I wonder if the results will be different with an actual kiss...

Damn this Gena chick seems f###ed in the head. I like her vibes. Too bad Andy needs to kill her... I wonder how will they kill her? This show's starting to grow on me.

@0451 Yeah the manga came out right when Covid started spreading rapidly.
Oct 20, 2023 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
Interesting that the unluck didn't actually kick in until he told her about it and she became embarrassed. I wonder if that's also one of the rules.
Oct 20, 2023 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
I actually caught up with the manga after the last episode because I was really captivated by the characters and overall vibe of this anime and the manga is amazing!
They really are doing an amazing adaptation so far, David Production the Goat!
Next week will be some big stuff!
Oct 20, 2023 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Unluck seems kinda naïve not doubting the coincidental appearance of a random Japanese person in Russia.
Oct 20, 2023 2:16 PM

Oct 2020
Good luck you two with Andy's "friend".
Oct 20, 2023 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
good thinking by andy to find the rules of her unluck for it to be exploited and use as a weapon
Oct 20, 2023 2:36 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to Limi
Unluck seems kinda naïve not doubting the coincidental appearance of a random Japanese person in Russia.
@Limi

Yep, it was so weird she didn't even question why they understand each other. lol
Oct 20, 2023 2:46 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to MomoSinX
@Limi

Yep, it was so weird she didn't even question why they understand each other. lol
@MomoSinX

Gena is a Russian person that can speak Japanese, you can tell she's not Japanese by the way she talks about her interest in Japanese people.
Oct 20, 2023 3:22 PM

Feb 2022
The show has a way of making 24 minutes feel like 5 which speaks a lot about the quality of it.
Oct 20, 2023 3:23 PM
Jul 2016
I am in disagreement that art is unchanging because whenever I sketch something in pencil and come back to it, it always smudges! Also, if that were the case, we would not need art conservators. Art always fades and yellows and gets damaged! It might take a while, but art does change!

I'm probably missing the bigger picture lmao 🤣.
Oct 20, 2023 3:27 PM
Jun 2022
i need more than those 20min once a week 😭
Oct 20, 2023 4:09 PM
Feb 2017
Loved the barrier master. She looks like a very cool girl, hope she doesn't die
Oct 20, 2023 4:17 PM
Dec 2020
my favorite romance anime
Oct 20, 2023 4:33 PM
Aug 2016
Finally, Gina introduction! From this point on I was hooked on the manga and anime seems to do it justice
Oct 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Jan 2019
So do stars not exist in this universe? Yet Fuuko came up with them for her painting, what a strange little moment.

Oct 20, 2023 5:49 PM

Apr 2022
most of it was just eh but gina carried.
Oct 20, 2023 7:13 PM

Nov 2016
Ooh, as if being immortal and therefore safe from Unluck wasn't enough, for Andy to say that it's a trump card upon finding out that it can be controlled was sweet.

Fun episode again. Now that Gina is here I'm especially looking forward to the next one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2023 8:02 PM

Jun 2014
A-Another week to wait... 😭

Really interesting how there are apparently no stars? curious to see what that entails...
Oct 20, 2023 8:53 PM

Mar 2020
Damn. It's really good. I love that last part the pink hair girl. That floating water and stairs. That's very cool.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 20, 2023 9:04 PM

Apr 2023
Oh so I didn't forget things, it's only in this episode where they told that the story was placed in 2020...
And there aren't any stars in this world? That feels like a foreshadowing.
Oct 20, 2023 9:39 PM
Sep 2020
"Undead Unluck" is a captivating and visually striking series that combines elements of misfortune, supernatural intrigue, and a generous dose of blood-soaked action.

The anime revolves around our hapless protagonist, [Girl's Name], whose life seems to be a magnet for bad luck. From seemingly harmless accidents to life-altering misfortunes, her daily existence is a cascade of unfortunate events. The series does an excellent job of portraying her struggles and the emotional toll her relentless bad luck takes on her character. Her development throughout the series as she confronts these hardships is both heartwarming and relatable.

"Undead Unluck" introduces a male character, [Guy's Name], who adds an intriguing supernatural dimension to the story. [Guy's Name] is an enigmatic figure with a dark secret – he's undead. His existence is shrouded in mystery, and his unique condition is a central plot point that unravels as the series progresses. This adds depth to the narrative and keeps viewers hooked, as they seek to uncover the truth about his past and the circumstances of his resurrection.

One of the most striking aspects of "Undead Unluck" is the graphic and intense action sequences that feature a significant amount of blood. The anime doesn't shy away from delivering high-octane, gory battles that leave a lasting impression. The art and animation in these sequences are top-notch, making each confrontation a visual feast for the eyes. While it's not for the faint of heart, the bloody battles contribute to the show's overall intensity and thrill factor.

"Undead Unluck" excels in creating a rich and immersive world that enhances the storytelling. From the atmospheric settings to the detailed backstories of both the protagonist and antagonist, the anime paints a vivid and intricate backdrop for its characters and their struggles. The world-building adds depth to the narrative and keeps viewers engaged in the larger lore of the series.

The anime explores deep and thought-provoking themes of resilience in the face of adversity and the role of fate in one's life. It poignantly illustrates how [Girl's Name] confronts her seemingly insurmountable misfortunes and how [Guy's Name] grapples with the burden of his undead existence. These themes provide a philosophical layer to the series, prompting viewers to contemplate their own beliefs about destiny and the human spirit.

In summary, "Undead Unluck" is a mesmerizing anime that masterfully weaves together elements of misfortune, the supernatural, and visceral action. Its ability to balance intense violence with emotional depth and thought-provoking themes is a testament to its storytelling prowess. If you're a fan of dark and supernatural anime with a profound exploration of human resilience, "Undead Unluck" is an absolute must-watch.
Oct 21, 2023 2:47 AM

Mar 2008
This episode felt so short come on next episode come out come out.

phantomfandom said:
I feel like the fact that in this anime there's no other planet or star, only Earth, the Moon, and the Sun will play an important role later...

Could be a negation, yes. Though a bit of a hole, where did the meteor come from before and Andy didn't think it was weird? So space isn't empty clearly.

Mirality said:
Interesting that the unluck didn't actually kick in until he told her about it and she became embarrassed. I wonder if that's also one of the rules.

Possibly. It always had a delay though so it's hard to tell.

Limi said:

She was supposed to be acting like a weeb not a Japanese girl.
Oct 21, 2023 3:44 AM
Mar 2019
This episode is waxing philosophical. I am also entertained by the number of uses Andy has for his ability. Next episode looks like it's going to be a blast.
Oct 21, 2023 3:52 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to MomoSinX
@Limi

@MomoSinX

It will literally have a explanation and it will be important for the story
very soon btw
Oct 21, 2023 4:11 AM

May 2015
Andy is such a pro at battle. He hijacked that fighter plane like nothing! It was written on the sand that Fuuko and Gena's bonding session would not last. It was a pretty great moment though. I'm excited for their fight next episode!
Oct 21, 2023 4:20 AM
Apr 2020
This anime makes my Saturday mornings better
Oct 21, 2023 6:11 AM
Oct 2023
A little bit offtopic but I think the opening is the best this season, really catchy song
Oct 21, 2023 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
Fight for promotion getting real
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 21, 2023 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
Wtf was that animation at the start? Felt like some frames were missing. 1 second there in the boat, then outside, then inside. And wtf happened to the jet pilot and how did they both appear in a locked cockpit???
Oct 21, 2023 9:51 AM

Aug 2021
good episode. animation looking nice and gina seems like a pretty cool character
Oct 21, 2023 1:40 PM
Jun 2023
As someone who visited Baikal lake when I lived in Irkutsk, I can confirm that I know some people who is obsessed with Baikal. And they like to draw pictures of it. It's so weird to see familiar place in anime, it wasn't very detailed, but I'm still happy it was shown here.
Interesting episode. I think I start to get what this kind of anime is. It's not about plot and character development. You just watch it for crazy and cool stuff. I hope I'm right.
Oct 21, 2023 2:01 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to 0451

@0451 As it is a bit of spoiler territory but there is a reason there is no stars and that will be revealed pretty soon. Give it a couple episodes
Oct 21, 2023 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
While it was a bit of a bumpy ride, with some help from Andy's abilities as well as his experiment of trying to control Fuuko's Unluck power, the pair finally made it to Lake Baikal in Russia. From travelling on a boat, to hijacking a fighter jet, it was a crazy trip alright, but one filled with plenty of humorous moments to along with the craziness of it all. =)

We were also introduced to Gena, whose personality at first seemed upbeat and bubbly while also wearing clothes influenced by Japanese schoolgirl uniforms, which looked really good on her. Either way, she got along with Fuuko as the pair painted by the lake, speaking about whether change is good or not. It wasn't long before Gena showed her true colours after hearing Fuuko's answer to her question, by which point, Andy returned, armed and ready for a fight against Gena, who was the one who captured him more than 50 years ago.

The animation, especially the water effects, looked great as Gena showed a bit of her power as she made her proper introduction. I can expect this fight to be a tough one for both Andy and Fuuko, but I do hope they can win here, so they can join the Union as soon as possible.
Oct 21, 2023 4:27 PM
Dec 2022
i love this! but pls dont kill my girl!
Oct 22, 2023 12:40 AM

Nov 2020
Andy's use of his power is so god damn rad. 500 years' worth of experience really shines through his techniques.

Oct 22, 2023 12:57 AM

Oct 2010
wait, UU universe doesn't have stars, that's kinda cool. I love it when mangaka add these small touches to create their stories
overall, amazing anime
5/5 episode
Oct 22, 2023 1:40 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
So, among his abilities, Andy's got... Mazinger Z's ROCKET PUNCH? Cool. Fuuko's artistic side was also cool, and that Gina character, very intriguing so far.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 22, 2023 3:13 AM
Oct 2019
2020?
Covid innit?

Hell Yes, Gina was voice by Aoi Yuuki.
Oct 22, 2023 3:27 AM

Mar 2019
What an awesome episode. A lot of the fun in this show is seeing the crazy ways in which Andy uses his and Fuuko's powers.
Oct 22, 2023 3:48 AM

May 2015
When the episode goes to fun and groovy into cute into strange and creepy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

96 by Dolphin10 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

122 by NTJBuriti »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

» Naming convention of adding UN to things

Jucab_N - Apr 23

6 by ReXiRa »»
Apr 24, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

62 by Morpheus1318 »»
Apr 23, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Undead Unluck Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

73 by JRoUKnoShoes »»
Apr 22, 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.