Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 14, 2023 9:52 AM
Jun 2020
Huh... Didn't know they'd go full-on detective on this one, a complete 180 to the previous episode but still pretty interesting

first time in a long time that I got so absorbed in an anime that I didn't even realize it was ending.
Jul 14, 2023 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Finally opening on Spotify! Waiting for ending
Jul 14, 2023 10:42 AM

Mar 2014
Oh so they already in Europe and made name for themselves. Vampire murder case...huh pretty intriguing but it's a little funny and weird how the vampire being a monster is surprised at a sight of talking head
Jul 14, 2023 1:27 PM
Sep 2018
Tsugaru scaring the poor child away XD
Jul 14, 2023 1:46 PM
Apr 2019
The episode was interesting.
Jul 14, 2023 2:53 PM
Nov 2015
This was a very interesting episode! I can't wait to find out who did it.

I think it was the butler.
Jul 14, 2023 4:42 PM

Apr 2009
Wow this is a good ass show. Competently directed, good atmosphere, leads with actual chemistry.

Jul 14, 2023 11:18 PM

Feb 2017
This is turning out so interesting. I never thought I'd ship a romance with a severed head. Tsugaru gives me some serious mad-hatter energy. He makes your skin crawl but is cute at the same time.
Floral_soapJul 14, 2023 11:47 PM
Jul 15, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2023
interesting concept developing
Jul 15, 2023 5:13 AM

Jul 2016
RedChrome said:
Oh so they already in Europe and made name for themselves. Vampire murder case...huh pretty intriguing but it's a little funny and weird how the vampire being a monster is surprised at a sight of talking head

Nice little timeskip so we dont need to see them getting to know each other. 

I really liked this episode. Right into it. 
Jul 15, 2023 11:10 PM

May 2015
this is so good, it's becoming one of the best anime of the season
Jul 16, 2023 12:41 AM
Feb 2009
the butler looks sus but the blond son even more .... but what motive would he have to kill his own mother?

Jul 16, 2023 2:13 AM
Jun 2019
Last episode built up the main cast, this pairing (?) or episodes 2 and 3 are likely here to hype up what the head brings to the table considering they're just a talking head, but one that has been around for well over 900 years. 
It's also a nice touch that the mc isn't just a dumb idiot who says stuff like watson just so she can prove him wrong to make her seem smarter, she's just smarter, despite him having a knack for this too, and she seems to process his information as genuine building blocks for her inevitable deductions. It also builds up that this isn't the first case.

So the question is will we get more detective stuff directly after this episode, or if this is just "the mystery case" they showed us out of the ones they do as a way to hype her up, be an interesting diversion, and also because yeah, this is how they're maintaining/gaining their finances while traveling around europe in search of their target.

The question is what does the maid bring to the table beyond simply another combatant? Because she's not an asset currently for means of intelligence, and if she's just at best to par combat wise if not slightly disadvantaged against the mc, then she's the weak link. So maybe the next story arc will provide ample background information/unique traits she brings to the table (the maid).

Then when all of that is done with, we can see some interesting back and forth contributions equally across the party until they inevitably confront the target and also the tons of characters that are not introduced but are shown in media surrounding the show. Could see some being part creatures like the mc, but things different than yokai from around the world. (not vampire though cuz like, humans can turn into vampires anyway)

Very brave of them to kill of essentially the king of the vampires off screen without even introducing him, it really portrays monsters on the backstep, and pushes the victimization of them, but it also means you lose that cool card to play with down the line. (dracula himself, likely the king of vampires)

The discrimination angle is pretty interesting and sets this series apart, alongside some very unique directing in shot composition. Also a catchy op.

Current theory: Butler was an ex hunter. Butler's son came to kill vampires after picking up the family trade. Butler watches his son die. Butler seeks a piece of revenge.

Could also see it being the oldest son, not content with the subservient ways his father are pushing them towards, wanting to reign over humans freely and fight violently out of it, this being used to stir the father on to a bloodbath he can join in.
Jul 16, 2023 4:24 AM

Apr 2022
Feels similar to In/Spectre.
Jul 16, 2023 9:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
jesus christ that episode flew by real quick
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 16, 2023 10:36 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
+1 to the main duo dynamic being excellent
+1 to the episode going by way too fast

I love listening to Yashiro voice Tsugaru. He has such a cheeky lilt in his voice that contrasts so well with the elegant-and-a-bit-haughty Aya.

The mystery tag was my main reason for going into this show, so I wasn't surprised. I guess we'll get some explanation for what happened during the time skip after the mystery is solved.
Jul 17, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2011
Did they skip some chapters or the manga also has that weird timeshift?
From the ep 1 the objective was finding the man/organization who cut off the girl's body and also turned the dude into half-demon, right? And as I remember they mentioned something something about already knowing where to start searching.
So wtf happened? Why did the show turned into some random "paranormal mystery-solving detective" story?
Are they after some macguffin before going all into their #1 objective? Or just decided that making money it a better alternative? XD

P.S. in ep1 the half-demon dude was quite a chad, so why on earth he was suddenly transformed into a clown?
Jul 17, 2023 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
I'll be rather surprised if the culprit turns out to be anyone other than...

Not an actual spoiler, but I'd rather tag this anyway... just in case people would rather avoid reading other people's conclusions.
I'm sure I missed the relevance behind some of the other details. But I'm fairly confident in the stuff that I DID notice.
If they turn out to be red herrings, then this mystery is elaborate af (or cheesy, which I highly doubt). But then again, there are 2 points left to be mentioned, so who knows?
FlamepriesTJul 17, 2023 8:09 PM
Jul 18, 2023 5:26 AM
Sep 2021
I still don't figure out what's is going on with the case so this ep is not as hype as the first one.
Jul 18, 2023 9:54 AM

Jan 2019
Love the concept and vibes of this show (It's a way more interesting In/Spectre), but it's really weirdly directed, and the episode just kinda ends in what feels like the middle of a scene.

Jul 18, 2023 3:49 PM

Jul 2022
kinda liking it ngl, it's weird but the good kind of weird
Jul 18, 2023 6:59 PM

Jan 2020
This is definitely In/Spectre but with better writing and a much better male mc. Female mcs are similarly good tho.
Jul 18, 2023 7:00 PM

Jan 2020
thehornedrat said:
Gosh this show. Trash but delicious trash that smells and tastes great!

Why do you think it’s trash tho?
Jul 18, 2023 7:02 PM

Jan 2020
GingZ said:
Lol the mc has a funny personality. Im getting to like him

He’s what the mc of In/Spectre should’ve been. Obviously people will love the detective girl, but he’s the best character imo
Jul 18, 2023 7:06 PM

Jan 2020
Rajidae said:
Detective stories. Love it.

As a long-time fan of murder mysteries, and having tried to solve the secret before the book could reveal it (with having made 3 A4 papers worth of detective's notes) let me embark on this journey to figure out what's going on!

SO! Here's what we know:
1. It's an insider job
2. That's it. Literally. That's it.

Some of my conclusions:
1. The younger son is sus as heck, for real for real
2. The culprit is definitely NOT Lord Godard nor the Butler
3. The sword was used in the murder somehow/plays an important role in figuring out how the murder was committed
4. The actual act was committed by a vampire
5. Lord Godard is being sus too but likely doesn't know anything

Let's talk about the camera shots. There are multiple weird shots that seemingly serve no purpose scattered throughout the episode. A lot of them are regarding the younger son, but there was also a shot focused on the swords when Lord Godard talked about how silver wounds take a long time to heal if inflicted on a vampire. No idea where they're going with that, but it probably means something. The shots centered around Raoul are:

• When him and his father are hunting, there's a shot of him backing away from the deer's antlers that on my first watch closely resembled being impaled.
  • Throughout the entire episode, he has his hands in his pockets, and his hands are not shown when they're out. However, there's a single shot that shows him putting his right hand in his pocket when Aya first approaches him. She also glances to her left - at the sons - before asking about the body.

Now, the thing I find interesting about his hand is that... it's clean. There's no wound. But we know for sure that there is a wound on the killer's hand, and that they used their right hand when going stab stab. Why is that? Because of the blood marks on Madame Hannah's robes. They questioned the fact that there was more blood on her left side than her right, and there's a simple explanation for that: the killer is a vampire, and bled from their right hand while stabbing Madame Hannah. I can't think of any other reason why there would be a mismatch in the amount of blood when she had been peacefully sleeping, with no sign of struggle, since the show decided to point out this detail in particular.But what does this mean for Raoul? Does this mean he didn't commit the murder? Maybe. He's still very very sus and I don't know what to think of that, but what we know for certain is that Butler Alfred and Lord Godard had nothing to do with it; that's because of the way the lock had been brute forced. Another sign that the killer is a vampire, as no one else would have the power to break the metal, unless they used some kind of tool. The swords are way too big for that. The Butler and the Lord both possess keys to the storage, so there'd be no reason to simply not open them with the key (unless this was staged? but even so)

Another piece of evidence is the book that was open on Madame Hannah's table. I ran the text through a google translator and did some digging, and it seems to be a French poem titled "Mort, j'appelle de ta rigueur" or "Death, I appeal to your harshness"

The poem translated:
Death, I appeal to your harshness,
Who stole from me my delightful mistress,
And yet were not sated
Until you see my languishing:

Since then I've had neither strength nor force;
But how would it harm you - if she were alive,
Death?

There once were two who shared a heart;
If that heart is dead, that power is deflected,
If so, I must live without love
Like those statues, in my heart
Death!

Idk, just seems like another sign that the Lord is being sincere and is not the culprit. Madam Hannah was said to have been a human previously, so it could be like a past lover who came to get revenge or something. Would explain why Hannah didn't sense them. They also kept showing the ring around her finger, twice at that. It's a possibility.

Funnily enough, Butler Alfred is the only one wearing gloves consistently throughout the episode, so it could be a wild possibility that he was Madame Hannah's previous lover, somehow turned vampire, and killer her to get revenge? lol. That's a bit too much I think.

The bottle of holy water was empty at the time of the murder, since all the dust it collected was on the inside. Not sure why it was left there, other than for staging a fake crime scene. Or maybe Lord Godard and Madame Hannah planned this together so that they could achieve peace? idk

Well, I'm tired, so that's the end of this little analysis. I'm sure I'll find out next week~

Wow, what a great analysis
Jul 19, 2023 6:44 PM
Sep 2021
anime muito bom, o ep passou muito rapido o caso realmenmte prende a gente, eai quem voês acham que mataram a garota?
Jul 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Apr 2016
thehornedrat said:
Gosh this show. Trash but delicious trash that smells and tastes great!
Nice bait, I guess? This is easily top 3 this season
Jul 23, 2023 11:49 PM
Nov 2022
La sincronización y la química de los protagonistas, me gusta mucho, es simple pero como está hecha, es tan buena y juega tan bien entre ellos que resalta.
Jul 27, 2023 1:24 AM

Jul 2017
The case of the Vague de Folie vampire detective case, it has a hunch of Bungou Stray Dogs and Kyokou Suiri all in one package.

The death of Madame Hannah, the wife of Lord Jean Duchet Godard from a vampire hunter, it's up to both Aya Rindo and the Cage User Tsugaru Shinuchi to solve this case, Though in the case of Aya, people would not have believed her in her only bodyless head state that she's able to do as her occupation implies. With her death being a swift killing, Aya needs all the information she could get to piece her timeline of the murder, though something does not add up.

Even though this is the start of the case, it felt like it went by so quick. Not that I mind, the cases go by slowly.
Jul 27, 2023 8:00 PM
Feb 2022
Bons mistérios eu diria.
Jul 27, 2023 9:41 PM

Feb 2014
Quite curious, I wasn't expecting this anime to be a detective one, at least it seems interesting.
Jul 27, 2023 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
So this is what the show is really like eh, not sure what to expect after the first episode. But looks like 20 mins of talking and your usual omniscient detective exposition, not for me
Jul 28, 2023 1:27 AM

Jan 2012
I mean, I knew this is a detective story, but still disappointed by how mediocre show has become after the first ep.
Jul 29, 2023 7:38 AM

Nov 2014
I feel like this should've been first episode. Story of their meeting could be shown later.
Also, I like their banter and bad jokes.
Jul 30, 2023 1:45 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
It's an interesting setup, I can say that much. The whole silver weapon deal points at the idea that only a human could be involved, and the way the crime was carried out gives it the inside-job kind of vibe. While there is always the chance there's some sort of framing involved, I don't think I can write off how convenient it would be for a member of the staff to get access to what's needed.

I can appreciate that our undead girl gets right to the case when entering the crime scene. She's able to analyze a crime scene pretty quickly even without having a body to personally inspect evidence. Bravo detective team, I suppose I'll see some new revelations in the next episode.
Aug 1, 2023 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Yeeeeeeaaaahh I would never call it "better written Kyoko Suiri". Haven't watched the anime, but manga is 100 times more enjoyable and complex. So I don't know what other people are even talking about, guess Steel Nanase stil haunts them to this day.
But credit when credit's due, chemistry is there and dialogues are nice. Pacing and story- not really feeling it. Will watch 1 or 2 more episodes and decide if I'll drop it or nah
Aug 3, 2023 9:07 PM
May 2019
Hoping for a good world building, well explained and all (I got trauma from another series), feel like we're getting it... Also, loving the chaotic energy of the MC trio kekeke
Aug 5, 2023 2:48 PM
May 2020
We start with the cases, the first one is interesting. The interactions between Aya and Tsugaru are funny, they make a good duo. I like that they touch on the subject of the dispute between vampires and humans. Very good opening and ending.
Aug 7, 2023 3:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The butler looked the most suspicious to me but that would seem a bit too obvious. 
Aug 11, 2023 6:40 AM

May 2021
Already love their chemistry. Dunno why but Rindo reminds me a lot of Shinobu for some reason.

Anyways, it's definitely an insider job but that cliffhanger says otherwise. Maybe a two-man job. Someone on the outside did it with insider information? Find out, in the next episode of...

Aug 14, 2023 12:15 PM
Jul 2018

She has no breasts

I absolutely adore that both of those dorks found it hilarious. If they keep the jokes coming, I'm going to have an amazing time here.

I have no idea how they did it, but it felt like the episode has ended halfway through. It's so engaging that I can't even keep track of the time. I was also worried that things would get worse after the pilot episode, but they still keep the bar high and please my eyes.
Aug 28, 2023 4:19 AM

Apr 2020
After watching the 1st episode, I had a feeling the next episode was gonna pull a 180 on me and feel different, vibe-wise... I guess there's merit in my hunch.
From a seemingly dark fantasy/action direction, "Jigokuraku"-like 1st episode, it's immediately followed up by a walkie-talkie, detective/comedy duo, murder-mystery episode.
I know it's tagged as a "Detective" genre in the first place but, that first episode just really felt like it was heading a different story direction. Not saying it's bad though; seems entertaining enough so I'll keep watching. Just nitpicking, tbh.
Shame on me for not reading the info/synopsis prior to watching, I guess.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Sep 21, 2023 8:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh directly on the case (in France!) and we have the vampire's wife that died in really strange conditions... wonder how they'll deduct the culprit but so far I have to say Aya is impressive and seems very clever
Sep 28, 2023 2:29 AM

Mar 2010
This was a better episode for me with more action. Happy it wasn’t just another full episode of just talking. Liking the characters so far!
Oct 1, 2023 12:03 PM
Jul 2014
Oh man, seriously? They go through all the effort to get a silver stake and then just leave a holy water bottle lying around? And now there's a random hunter? This episode is wild!
Oct 5, 2023 1:35 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Huh. Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting much because I felt like the first episode was a whole lot of talking and felt that our body-lacking protagonist would be too limited. However, this was actually pretty fun. I liked how Tsugaru and Aya worked together, but Tsugaru also has his own crap that helps make it not so stale. I can see it not working later if it becomes too set on a routine, but I'm definitely more willing to give it more of a chance. I enjoyed myself!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 8, 2023 3:57 PM

Feb 2018
A vampire case? The mystery is def pretty good so far! Tsugaru's counting tho lul
Nov 14, 2023 9:13 PM
May 2023
Good episode, something I don't like in general is when they move space-time but I understand it. Aya's capacity for analysis is incredible, not for nothing is she over 900 years old and it makes me laugh that Shizuku is jealous of Tsugaru and It is possible that someone leaked information but who will it be? We'll see who it was or maybe this didn't happen
Dec 30, 2023 6:35 PM

Oct 2019
I love the sudden plot turn to a murder / whodunit mystery.
Seven problems against the killer being an outsider, so it must be an inside job.

I wonder who that might be.. Is it the butler or is it too obvious? I mean it's always the butler. Then again 20 years working for them might have been heavy on him..
Mar 5, 1:24 AM
Jun 2022
This One Was Better Then They Blabbed Without Pause Though Ending Troupe Was Somewhat Amusing.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

117 by nikki05 »»
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

123 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2023

119 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

101 by nikki05 »»
Apr 13, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

158 by niookookjo »»
Apr 6, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.