Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
About time they managed to discover the treasure even though it's not an easy open. Kohaku and the crew played their game well.

I also do love how they managed to use science to effects even in the season finale. Senku and his ideas never ceases to amuse me. Reflecting on this season and episode, it felt like a surreal journey for this crew. Obviously, it's far from over and they still have a lot to take care of in their world. 7/10. 

Second cour is coming October 2023.

Jul 2017
The ultimate treasure: Byakuya's treasure chest, hidden deep within the concrete rubble, where platinum can be found.

Kohaku leading the charge from the spy team to find the treasure chest hidden how records used to be done, and unfortunately, she can't do the same in the enemy's base. With an obsession by mixing some liquids, plaster is created, while Amaryllis and Ginro continue their graceful dance act to distract the guards. And with that plaster, with a grinding tool to cover the sounds, the sulfuric acid and calcium mix creation becomes a silent bomb that overtime, crumbles concrete, and the treasure chest of rare minerals like gold, diamond and platinum will break the stone.

Still within the cusps of noise, Kohaku tries to be extra careful, but what she broke is a bottle of sand...though is still valuable when it comes to Senku. The making of the drone at a standstill unfortunately, but what she brought back is indeed valuable: natrual gold dust that can contain platinum, even a single grain is valuable. But Byakuya is no mere simpleton of an astronaut: he has been collecting platinum for all of his life, reeling minerals off rivers to build for the future generation of science, even though its use back then wasn't as apparent. The connection between father and his best friend's son, though the familial section is nothing noteworthy, science is the only thing buckling their ideals together.

General Ibara noticing that they have an intruder, and Senku's exploits of platinum to create nitric acid, the miracle water is no longer a miracle but science, to revive everyone on Earth, starting with those petrified by the enemy. The final battle's about to begin with the Kingdom of Science's comeback, stealing the petrification beam!

What an engaging 1st Cour of New World, and Dr. Stone will be back for the 2nd Cour in Fall!
KANLen09Jun 15, 2023 7:56 AM

May 2020
Kohaku’s the biggest MVP for finding the exact location of, first Soyuz spacecraft and then diligently procuring the contents of the treasure chest.. I mean we’re talking about her so it was still pretty diligent. But hey it was Senku and his team which made it possible for her to take a hold of the contents inside the treasure chest, with those silent bombs. Yep, silent bombs.. another organic work of Senku lol.

With gold dust safely delivered to the hideout of Senku and co., Kohaku's job is done for the time being. Great going girl, but it was when they started showing Byakuya’s dedication and his adherence to passing down valuables to the future generation, just in the hope that someone will make good use of them some thousands years down in the future… that just got me overwhelmed with emotions. Senku and Byakuya may not be related by blood, but their relationship goes beyond anything. 

That was one touching segment. And thus with platinum in their hands, the next step is to make nitric acid reserves and revive people again. But hey that creep old man is already smelling something suspicious, so Kohaku and others need to be aware.

Over with this cour, but there’s still things to adapt, which we'll see in fall.
Jun 15, 2023 8:01 AM

Dec 2022
i will call the next arc the revival arc and it airs in October thats soon im exicted and ibara found out their is a intruder he really is very smart
Jun 15, 2023 8:01 AM

Feb 2021
Byakuya... Seeing him collecting gold dust and platinum grain by grain literally until his final moments were so touching...
Next cour in October! Nice! Really looking forward to the islanders calling our gang sorcerers and stuff
Jun 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Apr 2014
Dude I was on edge because I though Kohaku might get caught. Anyways. Props to Senku’s dad even if they are net related. It does not change anything that Byakuya went through decades of work just to find platinum.
Jun 15, 2023 8:11 AM

Oct 2017
That was quite emotional. Byakuya worked so hard for them nonstop and it reached the future. Senku will use it now. Was a nice cour overall. Looking forward to second cour in fall.
Jun 15, 2023 8:12 AM
Aug 2020
Why does every flashback featuring Senku’s dad makes me want to cry? He’s such a likable character
Jun 15, 2023 8:12 AM

Jan 2018
Kohaku was great this season. Without her, the group would be in a huge pickle.

But Byakuya did an even bigger save. His dedication was insane. So is his hopefulness. And his sacrifice won't be in vain.

To no one's surprise, the story ended on a cliffhanger. But I'm pleasantly surprised Dr.STONE will be back this October. I was expecting to wait even longer so this news definitely made me happy.
Jun 15, 2023 8:15 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the first cour concludes with the Kingdom of Science acquiring the nitric acid that was need to revive people from petrification. Turns out that the platinum that was discovered underneath all that rubble by Kohaku was due to decades of collecting it little by little by Senku's adopted father Byakuya until he died paving the way until Senku and his generation broke out of petrification for the first time many years later. A very touching moment of passing the torch. Now we wait until Fall 2023 for Senku to revive the rest of the members of the Kingdom of Science and capturing the petrification beam while escaping from the island.

9/10
Jun 15, 2023 8:26 AM
Oct 2016
Great way to end this first cour. The kingdom of science has come so far in these episodes. They built that magnificent ship and set sail after learning about this mysterious Why Man sending radio signals. With the miracle cave destroyed they needed a new way to free people from the stone. Knowing that his father must've saved some precious minerals for him Senku setting course for this island. The place where the astronauts first landed. Lots of drama and action once they reached the island, these people having never seen this type of technology or anyone new at all. Going to get the platinum needed has been crazy to see. Most of the ship turning into stone since these Islanders have some sort of petrification device themselves. Really dwindling the character pool while allowing the story to narrow its scope. Ginro, Kohaku and Amaryllis being the most important characters towards the end of this cour. Their infiltration into this island Kingdom let them be able to retrieve the platinum and learn a lot about how this island operates. I loved all the scenes showing Byakuya helping Senku in his own way. Knowing that he would be the one to revive humanity. Senku taking the torch from his father to save the world with science. I loved this first cour of season three. It has expanded the world of Dr Stone very well and had some incredible moments.
90/100
Jun 15, 2023 8:26 AM
May 2021
Peak Stone!! Cant wait for the 2nd cour!! Akways loved Byakuya’s character!!
Jun 15, 2023 8:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great ending with Senku's father spending his life gathering this platinum and they could finally use it and save everyone! Can't wait for this October for the sequel!
Jun 15, 2023 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
Thanks to Golden Kamuy knowledge, I know immediately that platinum will be within those gold dust.
Jun 15, 2023 8:41 AM
Dec 2019
Now they can get everyone back! Now they just need to deal with Ibara, Kirisame and Moz.
Jun 15, 2023 8:46 AM

Mar 2020
A lot of progression to be seen, but that sacrificed a lot of the science elements as a trade-off. A solid continuation to be sure, a bit better than Season 2 in my opinion. Still quite funny at times, and definitely looking forward to the second cour in October.

7/10.
Jun 15, 2023 8:46 AM

Jun 2019
That was so good. Kohaku finally managed to get the magical sand for Senku but they're not suspicious of the intruder. And, now it's all starting that our gang has gotten the Platinum. I got emotional when Byakuya was continuously doing all that for the future generation for decades. That was beautiful.

Can't wait for the next cour in October.
Jun 15, 2023 8:52 AM
Dec 2020
Senkus dad is AMAZINGG! I underestimated him thinking he just lived his life as normal while senku here has to fight to get back humanities position.
Jun 15, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2018
It always makes me smile seeing how awesome Byakuya is everytime there is a backstory, although a bit sad how his life ended in the stream.

Jun 15, 2023 9:03 AM

Mar 2010
Blonde gal really stole the show with her cute side. And damn thats dedication diggin up all dat gold and platinum.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 15, 2023 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
The vibe of this series is stilm awesome. 2nd cour can't come soon enough. There's one particular event I'm looking forward to.

Not as uncomfortable as your comments are  disgusting.
cyruzJun 15, 2023 1:49 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
ishinashi312 said:
FMmatron said:
The vibe of this series is stilm awesome. 2nd cour can't come soon enough. There's one particular event I'm looking forward to.

Not as uncomfortable as your comments are  disgusting.
Mod edit.

🥱🥱 very witty I must say
cyruzJun 15, 2023 1:50 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2023 9:38 AM
Jan 2022
heart warming episode..
Jun 15, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2017
damn it, october cant come soon enough
Jun 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
platinum acquired thanks a lot byakuya
Jun 15, 2023 10:01 AM

May 2015
The visual downgrade makes this season almost hard to watch sometimes, despite this arc being my favourite one.
Jun 15, 2023 10:01 AM
May 2021
Loved this season bro 🔥🔥 10/10
Jun 15, 2023 10:14 AM
Feb 2020
i loved the episode as always
it was so sad seeing byakuya die but it was beautiful that he spent his last moments on earth fighting to save all of humanity
iabara or however you spell it is the scariest character in the show
the last time i got chills the way iabara gives me was back in season 1 when hyoga and tsukasas men attacked ishigami village
senku is amazing doing so much with just that tiny bit of platinum
shout out to the spy team
i cant wait for the new episodes in october
its sad having to wait but the wait will be worth it
Jun 15, 2023 10:22 AM

Jan 2019
Glad there's a second cour coming in fall, but this season feels like a downgrade with some really uninteresting antagonists and the show retreading old ground with Senku's father.

Jun 15, 2023 11:05 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And that’s how this cour ends, Kohaku successfully gets the gold which has platinum in it, and interestingly enough I figured that would be the case since Golden Kamuy had a bit focusing on it this same season lol, and now Senku has created nitric acid aka revival fluid to revive the entire science team. And lastly the flashbacks to Byakuya were really nice, it’s wild how relevant that man is to the story despite being dead since episode 1. And now, we play the waiting game for the 2nd cour coming this fall, I’m so sad that we have to wait but I know it’ll be here before we know it.

But with that, we’ve reached the end of the 1st cour of the 3rd season of one of my favorite shonen anime Dr. Stone, and imo it was another damn good season. It started out kinda rough with the rushing through building the ship and getting to the island, but once they got to the island it started to get really interesting and it felt like the season had kicked into high gear. And although the science took a bit of a backseat this time I did really enjoy what we got of it, I especially loved Kohaku’s makeover even though I wasn’t sold on the idea beforehand lol, and Kohaku was honestly an MVP this season, especially in this current arc, the amount of screentime she got was awesome.

We got another awesome OP and ED combo this time too, I think I prefer previous OPs to this one but it still slaps, as well as the ED which is a banger. And now I wait for spooky month to come, but that’s something I’m used to since it’s my favorite month of the year lol.
TheColonel76Jun 15, 2023 11:23 AM
Jun 15, 2023 11:11 AM

Oct 2009
DAMN, Byakuka.............! 🥺 I've no words there.

On another note - see, kids, this is why spelling and punctuation and grammar in general are really important...

And then this just has to be intentional... 😂

PS: some of the comments here really make me uncomfortable. What the actual fudge.
Jun 15, 2023 11:18 AM

Apr 2018
They've finally found and it and seeing Senku's father go through all that was heartwarming. Senku's built like him, they're alike. Fuck man, I want the next episodes already, but we've gotta wait till Oct.
I really enjoyed the first half of this cour with the ship being built and finding oil and what more. The introduction of the new characters and the beam thingy were alright, I disliked the comedy during the very serious moments. But , aside from that, it was a really great season./

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 15, 2023 12:43 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This finale encompasses what the season was all about. A bit of humor, a new enemy, a deep moment, strategy and of course lots of scientific knowledge. It's astounding how many advancements were made in the span of a few episodes by necessity of an impending enemy and how much those were carried by what they had at hand. It pains me as a result how some people have considered the series to be mid by not giving it another chance after the last season's focus on battles.

To be fair, looking just at the animation there are a lot of still shots that are at least balanced with the gags and some shots here and there. The music, aside from the opening sequence which left to be desired, was pretty good, but most importantly the character chemistry here was on another level and I know from the source material that it won't stop there.

See you in October
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 15, 2023 12:52 PM

Apr 2008
Where did that shard of glass at the end come from? I didn't see Kohaku carrying anything glassy. Did I miss something?
Jun 15, 2023 1:21 PM
Feb 2021
there should really just be a part 2... now we fr gotta wait a year for 12 ep lmaoooo bye

fye tho. GGs

edit: nvm Oct.. valid
Jun 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Dec 2018
I liked the season, i just felt like it came off as...weird? Idk maybe it was direction, maybe just the way the source material was but it seem a little incongruous at times. solid 7 still, and i'm glad they came back around to the science aspects at the end.
Jun 15, 2023 1:34 PM
Oct 2017
it was great, i liked it alot
Jun 15, 2023 1:39 PM

Dec 2019
what a place to leave the cliffhanger, the second cour can't come soon enough!
Jun 15, 2023 1:49 PM
Feb 2021
Can't wait for the next part. I'm so much excited for the next part.
Jun 15, 2023 2:12 PM
Apr 2018
Thanks for Platinum, Byakuya! 
Jun 15, 2023 2:13 PM
Mar 2023
Byakuya, "Senku-papa" as Gen called him, was the real protagonist for decades and, now that he has passed the baton to Senku, the work he did all those years really took weight. Personally I think this first part could not have finished better, I just finished watching the chapter and I'm already counting the days to see how the story continues and the future fight against the petrifying ray gang, but now at the hands of the Scientific Kingdom. Undoubtedly the second part will sell box office. See you in the near future :)

Friends, it was a pleasure on my part to see the first part of this season with you, according to what I investigated, the anime leaves it adapted until approximately chapter 116-117 of the manga (correct me if I'm wrong), in case you want to continue reading and don't they want to wait for the second part to come out, it should be noted that, although the 2nd part of the season is announced to be in production, they have not yet revealed the release date or the season in which it will come out, but compared to the rest of animes, I like to guess it will be in October if we're lucky. Happy last Thursday from Dr. Stone until further notice :)
Jun 15, 2023 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
Kohaku did an outstanding job in breaking through the boulder, even at the risk of being spotted due to the noise that she couldn't avoid making as she did what she could to break in, ultimately using the tools supplied by Senku to help her get in. Thanks to her, she collected the important gold dust and got it back to Senku's group from the 4WD rat car.

Within the gold dust, Senku did find the platinum, but even I was surprised at how much platinum there was. It's all the more reason as to why Byakuya is awesome. He worked his backside off for decades to collecting as much rare minerals as possible, even after all of his astronaut buddies past on. He kept on going and going right until his own time was up. I must say, this segment was pretty emotional.

With that, this wraps up the first cour of Dr Stone New World, with the next episode continuing this October for the second cour. My score for this cour will probably be an 8/10. Animation quality isn't this serie's forte, although there is a few moments with some nice animation, but the visuals and comedic moments always hit home for me, as does the story itself. I highly look forward to the second cour when October rolls around! ^_^
Jun 15, 2023 2:38 PM

Feb 2012
Byakuya...decades collecting minerals for future generations.
Senku...millennia counting to the day he'd meet that future generation to rebuild civilization with.
The sense of determination and patience they share is enough to bring us to tears. He's still helping his son even after he's long gone.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 15, 2023 2:46 PM
Feb 2022
made me cry. twice
Jun 15, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2013
Seeing Byakuya's hard work was the perfect way to end this season, that was a beautiful look into the past, I enjoyed this season so much, Amaryllis is a great addition, Kohaku, Suika and  Byakuya are the MVPs for the season. I'm so glad we know we can look forward to science returning this October.
Jun 15, 2023 3:10 PM

May 2018
Another good episode. It's platinum time UwU

6/10
Jun 15, 2023 3:25 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Seeing Byakuya's last moments was touching. A good add-on to the last episode of this arc, solid as always. It's a relief we won't have to wait 2 years this time, but only 3-4 months.
Jun 15, 2023 3:26 PM
Jun 2017
i loved it it was awesome
Jun 15, 2023 3:29 PM
Aug 2018
Man, time flew with this show.
Another amazing cour.
can't wait for October!
Jun 15, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2021
ishinashi315 said:
Dr stone from 10/10 to 7/10
Second season was a downgrade but still very good, special movie was great and add a new interesting character but this season? huge downgrade. They added a disgusting unnecessary trap character with hidden gender, i really don't understand why this cringe character exist, big turn off and the serie becomes uncomfortable to watch.
Soundtrack, voice acting and vibes are still peak but the story? mid writing with this arc and what the fuck is that character that appear from nowhere? really stupid plot decisions, even that beam idea was stupid just keep the mystery. Inventions and science parts got skipped and nerfed too much, no explanations anymore, they just make things from nowhere. 
What's a trap character? Which one are you referring to?
>what the fuck is that character that appear from nowhere?
Which one?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

93 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2023

107 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

97 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 15, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2023

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EndenDragon - May 12, 2023

76 by bushman66 »»
Apr 12, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.