Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2023 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 1, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2021
Boji's mom is such a sweet and caring lady it was so sweet seeing her have such adorable and wholesome moments with him
Jun 1, 2023 11:47 AM
Sep 2015
Is this the first time it state that there's a reward for the highest ranking King? Which is not surprise considering the anime's title, it'd be very strange if nothing happened after achieving the top King position.
Jun 1, 2023 12:16 PM
Oct 2016
This was a complete and total tear jerker of an episode. Reminding me of the early episodes of the first season when I would bawl my eyes out each episode. The first half to this episode had me full anxiety mode. Even just spending those heartwarming scenes with Kage and his mom I felt overwhelming sadness. The way they get tragically separated crushed my heart and even happy scenes with them hurt. Its nice seeing them together more and how good of a mom she was to Kage. Wanting to protect his dream to become a knight like the one whom saved him. Another great mom in this story is of course Bojji mom. Getting more of her and Bosse backstory, there was already a ton of that in the first season but this new material showed us even more. The art style here looked very pretty an obvious picture book aesthetic. It looked very similar to another Wit Studio project called Girl From The Other Side. I very much liked this art style for the different time period. Putting a spotlight on their early days after Bosse first made Shina that offer to marry and have his kid. Following into the time of building up the new kingdom Bosse founded. Bosse realizing there's more to life than pursuing strength, changing how he views strength from his time with Shina and Bojji.
Jun 1, 2023 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
kage and king bosse and queen sheena focus episode this time
Jun 1, 2023 2:03 PM

Apr 2015
It got me again! I feel so STUPID! I KNOW this anime subverts expectations like nobody's business, but it pulled me right in with the knight's attitude and appearance. Maybe I've watched TOO many anime.
Jun 1, 2023 2:49 PM
Jul 2017
I’m really diggin’ the artstyle in the second half. Looks a lot like a children’s book come to life.
Jun 1, 2023 3:04 PM
Jul 2014
Wasn't the second part a little bit pointless knowing what we know about Bosse lol ? He only wanted more power and took it from his future blood but we get a happy family kind of thing
Jun 1, 2023 3:12 PM
Jan 2020
Bruh what in the hell was that animation change up that was so weird lol looked like shit
Jun 1, 2023 3:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More Kage's story from when he was younger! And I liked the change of art style during the 2nd story, sweet episode :)
Jun 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Feb 2021
Now that was a really nice episode. 

We already had an episode about Kage and Bojji's moms, so I would like to see an episode about Miranjo, her mom, and Bosse. 

It would also be nice to have an episode focused on Kingbo, cause I really found his character interesting...
Jun 1, 2023 4:08 PM

Nov 2013
Wonderful episode. Enjoyed a new style too.
Jun 1, 2023 4:16 PM
Dec 2020
@ChaoticBull  It's called "artistic freedom". By portraying it like a children's book, we get to see Bojji's happy upbringing through his eyes. It reinforces the idea that he had a beautiful, happy childhood. I'm really sorry that the message of this very much deliberate change in artstyle flew right over your head, but that's your fault and no one else's. Skill issue, I guess.
Jun 1, 2023 5:40 PM

Nov 2021
Such a great episode, loved both parts and they were super wholesome. Also the different animation style they used in the second part was cool
Jun 1, 2023 5:51 PM

Apr 2022
kage and his mom, i always liked his mom even with the little screentime she got in the main series. the art style change was just fine i guess.
Jun 1, 2023 6:15 PM
Aug 2020
it was not bad, the stories were not bad.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 1, 2023 6:46 PM
Oct 2019
So that's why Kage obtain the Horse toy from his mom.

Interesting choice of artstyle for the second part.
Jun 1, 2023 10:42 PM

Sep 2018
Who gave the green light for that art style in the second mini story? lol, jfc...

"It's quirky and different!", no, it's cheap, ugly and pathetic.

This anime is riding through some pretty big peaks and troughs.

GakutoDeathGlareJun 1, 2023 10:54 PM
Jun 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Sep 2020
B3RyL01 said:
@ChaoticBull  It's called "artistic freedom". By portraying it like a children's book, we get to see Bojji's happy upbringing through his eyes. It reinforces the idea that he had a beautiful, happy childhood. I'm really sorry that the message of this very much deliberate change in artstyle flew right over your head, but that's your fault and no one else's. Skill issue, I guess.
I'm not sure why I laughed so hard at "skill issue, I guess" but I agree with your sentiment towards the change of art style in this episode.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jun 2, 2023 5:41 AM
Aug 2020
I love the art style for the second half of the episode. Looks like a painting!
Also, baby Bojji is the cutest thing ever 🥰
Jun 2, 2023 6:22 AM

Jan 2021
Thought that knight would have pounded Koji or tried to step on him with his horse. The knight was truly a knight he saw that Koji was a child and didn't bring any harm to him.
Jun 2, 2023 7:58 AM

Oct 2013
I'm not crying ... so wholesome episode
totally loved the change of animation as it is fairy tail time <3
that nose kiss is so precious
Jun 2, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2021
Kage and King backstory. Love the new art style :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 2, 2023 12:30 PM
May 2017
This was a good bittersweet episode. Kage and his mother especially, seeing how loving they were to each other makes the heart heavy when you know how it ended up. But now something makes even more sense to me. When Ouken was about to strike Boji down and Kage took on that monstrous form to save him. To me, this is Kage refusing to let the most important person to him die, not again.

As for the second half, I really do feel for Bosse, he found himself stuck between a rock and a hardplace. To end the tyranny of the gods, he had to sacrifice his firstborn to gain the strength to oust them. I can't imagine the guilt he went through looking his son in the eye everyday and knowing it's his fault for his condition. Also the guilt of lying to Sheena the entire time. He sought her out knowing she was just a means to an end for his ambitions. If he didn't love her it may have been an easier weight to carry but he did grow to love her. And of course, her death was caused by his most trusted ally as well. When Bosse was revived in Daida's body it was clear he didn't want to be back in the world of the living, for him it was a constant reminder of his sins. Death was his only peace

off topic, but was it revealed previously that Kage came from the Kingdom of Bo? I forgot
Jun 2, 2023 2:49 PM
Dec 2021
phantomfandom said:
Is this the first time it state that there's a reward for the highest ranking King? Which is not surprise considering the anime's title, it'd be very strange if nothing happened after achieving the top King position.
It was already explained in the main season
Jun 2, 2023 2:58 PM
Jan 2020
B3RyL01 said:
Lmfaoo no shot you said skill issue to something like this it doesn't even make sense. It wasn't a bad ep but i really didn't like that art style it was weird, Sorry im not some English major deep diving into the meaning of an art style change i don't really think about stuff like that it's super nerdy for no reason on some type of shit like "the curtains were blue meaning he was depressed" lmao. The way i took the art style change was budget issues or just trying to save budget because they didn't wanna animate all the giants and stuff good kinda like something dragon ball z did not wanting to draw Goku with long hair so they decided to make a transformation useless because of that.
Jun 2, 2023 5:11 PM

Sep 2018
ChaoticBull said:
B3RyL01 said:
Lmfaoo no shot you said skill issue to something like this it doesn't even make sense. It wasn't a bad ep but i really didn't like that art style it was weird, Sorry im not some English major deep diving into the meaning of an art style change i don't really think about stuff like that it's super nerdy for no reason on some type of shit like "the curtains were blue meaning he was depressed" lmao. The way i took the art style change was budget issues or just trying to save budget because they didn't wanna animate all the giants and stuff good kinda like something dragon ball z did not wanting to draw Goku with long hair so they decided to make a transformation useless because of that.
Agreed, it's almost certainly a decision made with budget and time at the forefront of importance here. They saw "shit, do we really have to animate Bosse vs a whole bunch of same sized trolls?" plus a lot of other crowded scenes, and came up with a half arsed solution.

The art style wasn't even the worst of it, it was the clanky, garbage animation as a result lol. How they animated them running for example XD XD

This what I would expect some pretentious studio like Science Saro to pull if I'm being honest.
GakutoDeathGlareJun 2, 2023 5:15 PM
Jun 2, 2023 6:39 PM

Mar 2023
This episode was pretty good! the first part was wholesome and im glad they showed Kage meeting more really nice people. The 2nd part with the "puppet-y" kind of artstyle was weird but i grew to like it and it felt like i was reading a fairy tale book. anyways this ep is a 10/10 once again
My Candys!

Jun 2, 2023 6:58 PM

Dec 2016
Budget concerns are the funniest things mentioned in anime communities whenever a show shifts their art direction for an episode.

The second half of the episode was entirely animated by Ryoya Kaga, who also did the second Ending theme visuals from the first season. It was very much so intentionally done this was as a solo effort, and not for some 'cost cutting' method.

Whether or not you liked it (frankly you should if you give a damn at all about creativity and talent within the medium), avoid continuing to spout baseless nonsense. All this could have been found by a short google or twitter search.
Jun 3, 2023 1:56 AM

May 2015
The animation in the second story is particular, like a paper puppet spectacle.
Jun 3, 2023 2:32 AM

Jul 2017
Kage's shadow family origins as an assassin clan, it looks like his life was predetermined to be one hellish life awaiting him in the Kingdom of Bo. A bullfighting that rendered a bull gone knockers, and the greatest knight Kyo at least respects Kage for what he's done, for his dream will change the outcome of his life once he meets Bojji.

Bojji's family on the other hand, the art style being that like paper-thin cutouts, it's definitely a look for some distinct and creative animation. Back in the day when King Bosse and his wife Shiina had Bojji to take care of, and things where just growing for the Kingdom of Bosse under his father's hard work. Of course, we all know how that turned out with King Bosse wanting to be strong that he left Shiina, but that his position as king is earned with the respect of people before he turned his ways.

A familial episode that isn't familiar at all, still tugs at the heartstrings.
Jun 3, 2023 1:23 PM

Oct 2018
The 2nd half was a solo animation effort. Just one look at the credits should have been enough.

Some of the stuff Bosse says to his wife feels so bullshit.
Jun 3, 2023 1:46 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
It's cool to see Bojji mother in her role. She didn't get enough screentime on the original series. Also, Bosse for once was being devoted to his son. Makes you think after everything that happened huh.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 4, 2023 1:13 AM

Mar 2007
Bojji and the shadow's moms stories were just awww.
Jun 4, 2023 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
2nd half animation was classic animation! pretty nice!
and oh...i'm not cryin'...your cryin'!! lolz
5/5.

Jun 4, 2023 10:05 AM
Apr 2009
Theleux said:
Budget concerns are the funniest things mentioned in anime communities whenever a show shifts their art direction for an episode.

The second half of the episode was entirely animated by Ryoya Kaga, who also did the second Ending theme visuals from the first season. It was very much so intentionally done this was as a solo effort, and not for some 'cost cutting' method.

Whether or not you liked it (frankly you should if you give a damn at all about creativity and talent within the medium), avoid continuing to spout baseless nonsense. All this could have been found by a short google or twitter search.
I came here to post about the second part's director, because I like more "experimental" art styles and I looked him up. I'm glad to see someone's already mentioned who the director was.
Jun 4, 2023 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
Damn, knowing fate of both mothers this episode was in the same time heartwarming and heartbreaking to watch. I really wish they were revived somehow, of course knowing this story/world it would only backfired.

Theleux said:

Interesting info, thanks for sharing this.

Theleux said:

I think you are expecting too much from anime community.

phantomfandom said:

First season literally ended with Desha going to Divine Treasure Vault after accepting 1st rank.
Nieznajomy43Jun 4, 2023 10:39 AM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 5, 2023 4:06 AM
Jan 2020
Liked the second parts artstyle but I hate myself cuz my mind thinks it was animated like the Bowser Fart Gif 💀
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Jun 6, 2023 6:35 PM

Jul 2016
Knight Kyo reminded me a hella lot of Handsome Squidward.

Sweet/bittersweet episode. Absolutely loved the children's book-like animation of the second half.
Jun 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Jul 2016
ChaoticBull said:
B3RyL01 said:
What are you talking about? Budget issues? It was clearly an artistic decision. People out there really spitting nonsense smh
Jun 9, 2023 5:53 AM

May 2021
I mentally embraced myself for a tragedy when they showed us Kage and his mom. Turned out better than I expected.

Jun 12, 2023 2:36 PM
May 2020
sir kyo is a beast, a bulls is usually 500kg up to something like 1.2T and bro shifted it like it was nothing. i really love the artistic change for the second part of the episode which adheres to it being an almost folklore type setting
Jun 16, 2023 3:15 PM

Jan 2022
I don't like Kage's new English voice actor. Its so bad. The last half of the episode was very unique! I'm glad we were able to see more of Kage's mom and Boji's. I didn't know that Kage's mom was the one that made him the little toy he would roll around, which is so sad because that's what he traded for the tomato to just be thrown onto the floor :(
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 17, 2023 5:28 PM

May 2018
Amazing episode. The first half was ok, but the second half was great. I appreciate seeing more of Bojjis mom, since the main series had so little of her. She's a very lovable person, and I like seeing these redeeming qualities in the horrible person that is Bosse. 

I loved the change in art style, and like said earlier, people who are unironically stupid enough to think it's a budget thing are suffering from severe skill issues. You're probably the type of dong that actually likes those 4K 60FPS anime edits on YouTube. 
KaljalagerJun 17, 2023 5:32 PM
Jun 24, 2023 4:12 AM

Oct 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Who gave the green light for that art style in the second mini story? lol, jfc...

they wanted to make it look like a children's book

one look at the rest of it and it's clear that this is not a show with budget issues. they did it because they probably thought it would be cool to do one chapter like this. and it seems like most people agree with that
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 24, 2023 4:18 AM

Oct 2019
18:26 bruh love the guy saying "BABY BOJI YOU'RE MY HERO" in the background. it's fucking hilarious.

I'm talking about the dub if you wanna check
APolygons2Jun 24, 2023 4:28 AM
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 24, 2023 4:23 AM

Sep 2018
APolygons2 said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

one look at the rest of it and it's clear that this is not a show with budget issues. they did it because they probably thought it would be cool to do one chapter like this. and it seems like most people agree with that
Yes, maybe I exaggerated the budget thing when replying to that one poster 😂, but I still didn't like the artistic decision lol
Jun 24, 2023 4:28 AM

Oct 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
APolygons2 said:

Yes, maybe I exaggerated the budget thing when replying to that one poster 😂, but I still didn't like the artistic decision lol
fair enough, I wouldn't like it either if the whole show looked like this. but I personally thought it was cool as a one off.
Also available at:

Sep 3, 2023 4:01 PM

Feb 2018
So sweet seeing young Kage and his mama :'). Bojji with his parents was also very wholesome.
Dec 26, 2023 11:44 AM
Jul 2017
meh episode, this isn't worth watching
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 15, 2023

79 by Bellana2003 »»
Mar 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 13, 2023

104 by wallus81 »»
Mar 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking: Yuuki no Takarabako Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 18, 2023

39 by Thrillerx »»
Feb 22, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Most half hearted cash grab attempt that you've seen?

GakutoDeathGlare - Apr 20, 2023

14 by Gator »»
Jan 26, 3:23 AM

» Slight hypocrisy going on?

GakutoDeathGlare - Apr 13, 2023

42 by Gator »»
Jan 26, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.