Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2023 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
It's really sad that not everyone gets to see the light of day in such a harsh world. Vash watched as another character perished in front of his eyes.

Not going to lie, I think they used the music really well for this episode. Same with the amount of pure emotions coming from Vash's mind...it's crazy how society can venture so far into destruction.
Mar 18, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
Vash being trapped in the underground water chamber, only for Professor Bill to successfully connect and manifest his Core to a Plant to make each and every one of them Independents like Nai, as Meryl surmised that he will never admit to an absurd experiment like this. But the realities of Vash's psyche being manipulated and assimilated for Nai to tempt him time and time again, this is an endless cycle with seemingly no exit as the Humanoid Typhoon figures out the different planes of life to stall Nai's plans for the world's destruction.

Cycing through the twin brothers' past with caretaker Rem, the daily mundane life and the human experiment as Plants, all put a blemish on both Vash and Nai. The love for humanity vs. love for a younger brother, to Nai, Rem was a mistake that proved the final nail in the coffin for Vash. And as the final plane rings into existence with the Plants attacking cities like JuLai, the world rings into a total brink of destruction of the extreme kind that's according to Million Knives's plan.

What an episode this has been, an edge-seater from start to finish. If this was the story that Nightow has wanted to sing together with the OG, this would've been a cult hit on its own standing.
Mar 18, 2023 9:24 AM

Aug 2017
Poor Vash. Nai says it's all for him but it really doesn't seem like it. And Meryl I appreciate you trying girl but oh my god please actually do something for once. I'm both incredibly excited and also terrified for next week's episode
Mar 18, 2023 9:40 AM

Feb 2021
Kinda hope Knives wins tbh
This would mean no season 2 though...
Mar 18, 2023 10:12 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Vash, he'll be missed. Meryl's voice didn't reach him.
Mar 18, 2023 10:34 AM

Jul 2011
Let's resume this episode in a very, very weird way.
Vash having a bath in a tank with his brother, that wrapped him with metal tentacles, and they have a philosophical mental talk, while a weird doctor and a friend watch. And the Plants in the tank get pregnant(?). And Knives get a ball.

I wasn't going to say nothing but the Plants part, got too over the threshold of weirdness I had for this series.
Mar 18, 2023 10:44 AM

May 2020
Just Vash and his ideals getting crushed for 20 odd minutes. Knives didn't leave any room for a failure.

Now if only Meryl can do something next episode, otherwise it's no way out for Vash. Great set-up for the finale next week.
Mar 18, 2023 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
Things are looking really hopeless at the moment. I'm curious too see how they plan to wrap this up next episode, hopefully it isn't too rushed.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 18, 2023 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
so the black hole power of Vash is actually a portal to open up the higher dimension eh
Mar 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
Really good ep, only minor complaint is toward meryl. She's too upbeat when confronting Wolfwood... I mean, Roberto just died.

In any case there is no way they will wrap up everything in 20 mins next week. 
Mar 18, 2023 11:55 AM
May 2021
brooo that last scene literally gave me goosebumps 💀💀 and the soundtrack going on was 🔥 sheesh!
Mar 18, 2023 11:56 AM
May 2021
WhiteTestament said:
Really good ep, only minor complaint is toward meryl. She's too upbeat when confronting Wolfwood... I mean, Roberto just died.

In any case there is no way they will wrap up everything in 20 mins next week. 

Ya i also think that's gonna happen
Mar 18, 2023 12:12 PM
Oct 2016
Vash has become assimilated with Knives. The younger brother completely overpowering his elder brother to convert all plants to independents like them. A well orchestrated plan over a century in the making to this point. Knives trapping Vash surrounded by those other plants so they can connect. Giving the planes souls from their original dimension so they can have free will like Vash and Knives. Its really sad seeing Vash tortured like this forced to watch all his past mistakes. Not the trip down memory lane that's the good kind. Vash wanted to believe in humanity so much that he couldn't let go of those closest to him and those he felt he failed. Rem being that anchor point for Vash in his memories was sweet. The only good part of his life on the ship, Rem, Vash and Knives were a nice family before the crash. We can see how they both started to drift apart with Vash not wanting to think the worse after they found that dismembered independent. Vash ultimately giving in to the guilt and Knives using his gate power to open one stepping into the higher dimension to access its core. Knives will now remake the world.
Mar 18, 2023 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
I have not seen the previous series, but I can say truthfully that the development of the borther's relationship is amazing in this version. Everything has a purpose and it is finally connected, step by step, with each chapter. I need the last chapter of this anime to discover the last secrets or mysteries that surrounded Vash and Naiv.

Mar 18, 2023 1:34 PM
Jun 2017
Doesn't add much that we haven't already seen, but it was visually engaging and a decent build to the climax.
Mar 18, 2023 2:31 PM

Jun 2017
So Knives was just a huge brocon all along, exterminating humanity is just a side hobby. xD
Mar 18, 2023 5:07 PM
Oct 2013
Sorry but Vash just so f***** stupid just f****** shot
Mar 18, 2023 5:16 PM

Jan 2012
currently probably my favorite episode. really loved the music & background art & of course animation this episode, and also it was slightly satisfying seeing vash's ideologies get ripped apart by knives. this is only gonna be character development for him! also will be using this as a reaction gif please feel free to steal (it's just under 15mb so works for twitter):

ad stellas super alas angeli.

Mar 18, 2023 5:24 PM
Dec 2019
I am kinda baffled by how people here are enjoying the music? I quite enjoy this new take, much better as the POS first anime adaptation. Much closer to the story beats of the original manga. But one of the big drawbacks on Trigun Stampede is the awful sentimental piano music (and the even more terrible OP). Doesn't fit the world at all. Wish it was more like a soundtrack to a Italian Spaghetti Western tbh.  
Mar 18, 2023 5:24 PM
Aug 2020
Once again, we can applaud for the work on this episode, everything was just perfect
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 18, 2023 6:58 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
What an amazing yet sad episode. Watching Vash suffer through Knives mind tricks sheds a light onto his true feelings towards humanity. The animation was beautifully directed as in every episode so far 

The portrayal of Meryl in this adaptation is, in my opinion, one of its biggest flaws. She's merely portrayed as Vash's support, without having any major importance in the plot or relevant interactions with him.

Knives is terrifying in this adaptation so I'm looking forward for the next episode! Hope we're getting a second season cuz wrapping up here would be somewhat anticlimactic.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Mar 18, 2023 7:25 PM

Apr 2022
some more vash and knives action, real rough for vash tho.
Mar 18, 2023 8:30 PM
Mar 2008
two bros, chillin' in the hot tub, five feet apart 'cause they're not gay
Mar 18, 2023 9:41 PM

Jul 2008
Don't give up on Vash just yet....just who did that giant tree look like?
Mar 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Mar 2019
The revelation of a third independent was interesting, but I felt the rest of the episode was underwhelming. Btw, I find anyone who is cheering for Knives to be an idiot. Humans are bad for killing plants for their survival, but Knives isn't bad for killing humans even though he doesn't need to kill them to survive? OKAY. Not saying humans should be absolved of any criticism, but Knives is a bigger piece of shit.

d0postma said:
I am kinda baffled by how people here are enjoying the music? I quite enjoy this new take, much better as the POS first anime adaptation. Much closer to the story beats of the original manga. But one of the big drawbacks on Trigun Stampede is the awful sentimental piano music (and the even more terrible OP). Doesn't fit the world at all. Wish it was more like a soundtrack to a Italian Spaghetti Western tbh.

I don't even notice the music other than the OP and ED. That's how unremarkable it has been. The OP music is awful. It's one of the worst OPs I can recall ever hearing. I really love the ED though.
Mar 19, 2023 3:54 AM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
Don't give up on Vash just yet....just who did that giant tree look like?

I was thinking the same thing... Very familiar.
Mar 19, 2023 5:17 AM

Jul 2020
Vash has kinda gone sour for me as a character. This show has only put tragic plotline after tragic plotline with Vash and they just feel poorly executed because of how rushed all of them were. 

Oh yeah and ditto the above, the music in this series is awful and doesn't fit with the setting.
Mar 19, 2023 5:52 AM
Nov 2020
So Nai reads the Bible interesting. I liked this episode a lot for the details. This backstory wasn’t in the original anime so it adds some context to what happened in July. I can’t wait to see how it plays out
Mar 19, 2023 7:15 AM

Aug 2018
Lots of visual creativity in this week's episode.
Mar 19, 2023 7:40 AM
May 2020
d0postma said:

This story focuses the Plant storyline and humans living in an alien world. So I think the Dune-esque music fits more better for Stampede compared to a Westerny music ost like the OG Trigun (That work for OG Trigun since it focuses more on the Western liveliness of Noman's land rather than it being an alien story.
Mar 19, 2023 7:43 AM
May 2020
BlichoBoy said:
Let's resume this episode in a very, very weird way.
Vash having a bath in a tank with his brother, that wrapped him with metal tentacles, and they have a philosophical mental talk, while a weird doctor and a friend watch. And the Plants in the tank get pregnant(?). And Knives get a ball.

I wasn't going to say nothing but the Plants part, got too over the threshold of weirdness I had for this series.

It can get much wierder if Stampede made the plants very Angel like beings though like in the manga.
Mar 19, 2023 9:55 AM
Feb 2023
Honestly, this was pretty intense episode. At the start of Trigun Stampede i was very skeptical about the show and the changes it made to the original, but overall the show eventually grew on me especially during episode 6 and 7. Now, is it better than the 90s show, i'll reserve my judgment until i've seen the show to the end. So far, the emotions and animation and music is all great here and Knives is even more twisted than he was in the anime and manga so props for that. I'm guessing this is sort of pseudo-prequel to the Trigun story 

That being said, some of the things i find really underwhelming was Tesla's revelation. They kinda quickly gloss over the effect the revelation had on Vash or Knives. Spoilers for manga, Vash contemplated suicide after that revelation, but Rem managed to get through Vash and calm him down. Also, i almost forgot Rem was in this show because Vash hardly mentions or even thinks about her throughout the story until its convenient for the plot. The reason why Vash kept pushing "Love & Peace" and his idealism was because he wanted to keep Rem's legacy alive in the original show and manga. 

While Meryl may have been still learning to be independent, but she feels so useless here and she almost feels having little to no relevancy whatsoever.
Mar 19, 2023 12:12 PM
May 2021
V good ep, loved every second of it!
Mar 19, 2023 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
Idk why they even felt the need to include Meryl here, she pretty much doesn't exist... Roberto's not even a character either, just a narrator. The music is pretty meh too, i agree, worse than that, its repeated far too much, the Knives theme playing to no end in every appearance of him and when drama goes on is horribly repetitive, it might have been okay to use one or two times but its been playing like over 3 or 4 already! That just leaves Vash, Wolfwood and Knives... But Vash has been erased entirely, from his ideals to his personality, goofy and normal sides, leaving just the sad quiet guy, 'breaking him' by saying 'i did it for you' just seals that coffin. So its just down to Wolfwood who was also useless aside 'his' episode with the flashbacks and sand steamer vs orphanage, and Knives, but he barely showed up until now... What does the show even has left?? Idk how ya'll saying its the best thing since sliced bread, the characters and writing is extremely weak, and it rewrites and erases the manga way, WAY worse than the 98' show did! Basically it rewrote everything aside project seeds, character names and the knives plot, including the powers and all events.
Mar 19, 2023 4:17 PM
Jan 2018
Knives in Stampede is way more interesting than his original anime self. The manipulation, motivations, his vision for the plants, and his view on humanity. Juxtaposes Vash and even Rem really well. This is where most the potential lies and there's a good story to tell. A good conflict to flesh out. Hopefully the humans like Meryl, Wolfwood and etcetera have something to say.

There's a lot of potential if they nail the finale. It could be better than the original 1990s version.  
Mar 19, 2023 5:59 PM
May 2017
Fantastic episode, I can't wait to see how this season ends off.

5/5
Mar 19, 2023 8:28 PM
Jan 2023
Gosh I loved how they animated the flowers in this episode, I can't grasp it but I feel like it's analogy of something...
Mar 20, 2023 12:20 AM
Oct 2019
Such an Incredible episode.

Direction was Amazing and visually stunning.

One more episode left for this season.
I hope we got second season announcement really soon.
Mar 20, 2023 2:50 AM
Jul 2020
I'm enjoying this series far more than the original, but man, I really wanna see the Angel in this version.
Mar 20, 2023 4:47 AM

Feb 2010
I personally think it's one of the best anime OP's ever made. It fits with the visuals very well, and the bass slaps. I never skip it.

I am kinda baffled by how people here are enjoying the music? I quite enjoy this new take, much better as the POS first anime adaptation. Much closer to the story beats of the original manga. But one of the big drawbacks on Trigun Stampede is the awful sentimental piano music (and the even more terrible OP). Doesn't fit the world at all. Wish it was more like a soundtrack to a Italian Spaghetti Western tbh

I don't even notice the music other than the OP and ED. That's how unremarkable it has been. The OP music is awful. It's one of the worst OPs I can recall ever hearing.  I really love the ED though.

Mar 20, 2023 5:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow that was extremely tense and kinda trippy as well but still sad seeing Vash being used this way, I wonder if it's really a win for Knives because meanwhile Meryl doesn't seem to be able to do anything
Mar 20, 2023 6:08 AM
Mar 2018
As if these later episodes couldn’t get crazy enough… (This is just a Knives praise posting tbh)

As a fan of the original series, I honestly like how Orange is handling this remake/reboot (whatever you want to classify it as). With all the inclusions, this version is making me want to go about and finally read through Maximum.

One of my personal criticisms of the original series was that Knives wasn’t an opposing villain. I honestly found him more disturbed as a kid than an adult. Then again, Knives was treated more of as a mystery and buildup. Legato was my favorite psychopathic antagonist for sure. But here! Knives is doing exactly what Legato did and it feels so much more disturbing (saying this as a compliment). Just slowly breaking Vash psychologically and it actually works by the end of it. No ass pull of someone coming in within the nick of time to stop Knives’ plan, especially with the time limit.
This version of Knives is great. Still has the depth, he actually takes full control - not just sending out his lackies, his reasonings of motivations for eradicating the human race, which I still don’t fault him for developing that mindset. It’s just an unfortunate experience he and Vash went through, especially after seeing the remains of Tesla due to immense experimentation (who was their sister. I don’t know why they didn’t say so in the episode.) Humanity sucks. It really feels like Knives may succeed for the most part.

This was a pretty solid episode! My worry is how are they going to wrap all of this up in one episode. Unless they want to push a second season, which I would gladly welcome. We will see how this ends next week..
SilentKitsune_95Mar 20, 2023 6:13 AM
Mar 20, 2023 4:49 PM
Jun 2014
the sound design alone was just amazing. I felt like I couldn't breath in the last 10 minutes.
Mar 20, 2023 7:32 PM
May 2019
vash doesnt feel much like a character anymore
Mar 21, 2023 4:32 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Manacing. This was a very cinematic episode.
Mar 21, 2023 8:56 AM
Jan 2023
this is one of those episodes people will go back to for years. You can actively feel Vash losing hope as the episode drags on until it's all gone.
Mar 21, 2023 9:12 AM
Jul 2019
SilentKitsune_95 said:
As if these later episodes couldn’t get crazy enough… (This is just a Knives praise posting tbh)

As a fan of the original series, I honestly like how Orange is handling this remake/reboot (whatever you want to classify it as). With all the inclusions, this version is making me want to go about and finally read through Maximum.

One of my personal criticisms of the original series was that Knives wasn’t an opposing villain. I honestly found him more disturbed as a kid than an adult. Then again, Knives was treated more of as a mystery and buildup. Legato was my favorite psychopathic antagonist for sure. But here! Knives is doing exactly what Legato did and it feels so much more disturbing (saying this as a compliment). Just slowly breaking Vash psychologically and it actually works by the end of it. No ass pull of someone coming in within the nick of time to stop Knives’ plan, especially with the time limit.
This version of Knives is great. Still has the depth, he actually takes full control - not just sending out his lackies, his reasonings of motivations for eradicating the human race, which I still don’t fault him for developing that mindset. It’s just an unfortunate experience he and Vash went through, especially after seeing the remains of Tesla due to immense experimentation (who was their sister. I don’t know why they didn’t say so in the episode.) Humanity sucks. It really feels like Knives may succeed for the most part.

This was a pretty solid episode! My worry is how are they going to wrap all of this up in one episode. Unless they want to push a second season, which I would gladly welcome. We will see how this ends next week..

I definitely recommend Maximum. Knives receives far more characterization, screen time, dope scenes & nuance in the manga than he does in both anime adaptations combined. There are entire chapters purely from Knives’ side of things.
Mar 21, 2023 9:46 AM
Mar 2018
Jackalinthebox said:
SilentKitsune_95 said:

I definitely recommend Maximum. Knives receives far more characterization, screen time, dope scenes & nuance in the manga than he does in both anime adaptations combined. There are entire chapters purely from Knives’ side of things.

That’s cool to know, thanks there!
I’m definitely adding Maxi into my list. I’ll read it through whenever I get the chance.
Mar 22, 2023 3:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new order is in way!!! kekeke
Mar 23, 2023 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
Woah, I was left speechless once this episode has ended. It was simply poetry. Kino.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

209 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 8, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

154 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

126 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

407 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

78 by SouthRzVa »»
Feb 23, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.