Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 28, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, I just want to point out that Nicholas is a badass, especially when he uses that unorthodox weapon of his.

As far as this episode goes, I kinda like his charcter chemistry with Vash. Surely, they can co-exist if they work together in that world. On the other hand, Meryl is getting more and more annoying...

Jan 28, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
What an idiots. You might want to cover your skin on the desert, because, you know... sunburns and skin cancer!

Jan 28, 2023 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
degJan 28, 2023 6:18 PM
Jan 28, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
Vash, Meryl and Roberto are wanted criminals, and hitting someone in the desert holding a Cross, he's in grave need of medical attention. But it turns out that while he's quite the lunatic, he is sane as well. The development of Grand Worms suddenly spiraling out from the sands and sucking all into this sewer, they need to find the parent Worm, and fast.

Roberto thinking that the man has an affiliation with controlling Worms, and given the Cross that he's holding, it's definitely a mystery. The Worm spout that sends both the man and Vash out by luck, it's the kid (Zazie the Beast) that is controlling them all along. And the Cross is revealed to be a multi-faceted machine gun that saved everyone's asses, altogether he's the needle-noggin Nichloas D. Wolfwood.

The episodes may have been slow, but I appreciate progress instead of rushing through this new variation of Trigun's story.
Jan 28, 2023 9:24 AM

May 2020
Wolfwood's new design looks good and the voice suiting him as well. Good to have him finally, he's a good bud with an ever so advanced cross which can transform into.. a MACHINE GUN.

Also didn't expect a fucking tyrannosaurus in the middle of a desert.
Jan 28, 2023 9:26 AM
Oct 2016
Wolfwood is here! The vagabond whom carries a giant machine gun cross has finally made his debut in this new anime. Wolfwood is certainly an interesting character in the original and a fan favorite. I really love his character in the original anime so seeing him make his debut here was lots of fun. His giant cross machine gun looked great this episode twirling it around being slick. Now with a voice actor I love hearing too this was a great episode seeing Wolfwood. He's got a lot of mystery when we first meet him and that's no different here. Meryl hitting him with their car was funny and Wolfwood being all groggy in the back of the car afterwards made me laugh. That worm swallowing them all up gave me some Dune vibes with the giant sand worms there. It was nice seeing Vash and Wolfwood interact inside the work while they looked for Meryl and Roberto. Seeing how they contrast, Vash being hopeful while Wolfwood was certain of their death. This episode did a good job with the character interactions and how this group of four will now operate. All a setup by Wolfwood and Zazie the Beast. The latter whom controlled that worm and got that whole scenario started, Wolfwood seemed reluctant to work with her but still going along with it as long as the job got done.
Jan 28, 2023 9:34 AM

Oct 2017
New guy is pretty cool and op but seems like he's a bad guy, for now anyway. Got the feeling that he'll change.
Jan 28, 2023 10:18 AM

Jun 2014
Wolfwood is here and he made a good first impression so far as a mysterious badass. The studio was really flexing the CGI fluidity during the scene where he was using his machine gun cross to get them out of the worm. That was smooth.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2023 11:02 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode! Wolfwood is back and he still badass as usual. Also his Punisher now has a FUCKING LASER CANNON!! I really liked the redesigns for him and Zazie. Next week it's Monev turn.
Jan 28, 2023 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
Still liking what they are doing. Zazie the Beast is sick, they kinda merged his design from both manga and OG anime. Looking forward to see him more.

Note that, OG Zazie was a major point that helped in Vash and Wolfwood having serioues issues with each other morals. Funny how we already see Wolfwood speak of self-sacrifice. Coincidence ? I think not ;)

Damn they changed Wolfwood a bit too. They went for more of a almost-classy hoodlum style (keeping the I-don't-remember-where-in-Japan accent) but now I understand that they gave his OG head-on-shoulder side to Roberto, hence why I think Roberto has a lot of potential. Wasn't sure I was going to like that until the last scene where he was pretty badass. With Vash's way more shy personality than in OG, I can't really see how the Vash/Wolfwood frenemy relationship will go, time will tell.

But holy crap, they already threw that much shade on Wolfwood ? This is going pretty fast. I know this will be a one cour, but I do hope they don't fit the whole story in those twelve episodes.
MonsieurPapillonJan 28, 2023 11:25 AM
Jan 28, 2023 11:44 AM
Oct 2019
I still can’t get into this show.
Jan 28, 2023 12:02 PM
Dec 2008
The lack of emotion and wonky script still stands strong with this show. 
Jan 28, 2023 12:29 PM

Nov 2007
Wolfwood! my man!
I already adore his and Vash's dynamic in this version as well.
Jan 28, 2023 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
honestly I came into this episode very unsure of how i felt about wolfwood's new design. but this scene singlehandedly changed my opinion

but seriously right after I heard him talk I warmed up to him! his voice sounded familiar & I didn't realize his VA did asahi from haikyuu and sentaro from kids on the slope so it made it really easy for me to get into his character

ad stellas super alas angeli.

Jan 28, 2023 1:58 PM
May 2021
Damn it was a crazy episode. Can't understand why it is rated pg 13 with so much blood everywhere.

The animation is as always outstanding and fluid. Really enjoyed this episode 5/5.
Jan 28, 2023 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
The camera angles, shot composition and writing, all remain pretty horrible so far. Feels kind of like some weird fanfic honestly.
Jan 28, 2023 2:55 PM

Sep 2015
It was an alright episode, felt weird on how they suddenly got their groups back afterwards.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 28, 2023 3:16 PM

Jun 2017
Evil Wolfwood with mega laser? What the fuck.
Jan 28, 2023 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
The appearance of Wolfewood did it for me, and I'll continue to watch. Out of everyone so far, I like his character design the best.
Jan 28, 2023 4:07 PM

Apr 2022
mkzxwing said:
The camera angles, shot composition and writing, all remain pretty horrible so far. Feels kind of like some weird fanfic honestly.

Yeah ikr, especially the camera angles and shot composition

Jan 28, 2023 4:15 PM

Dec 2018
it was okay. wolfwood appears, though is it just me or is he different from the original? who is that 'kid'?
Jan 28, 2023 4:35 PM

Oct 2009
StateofOhayo said:
it was okay. wolfwood appears, though is it just me or is he different from the original? who is that 'kid'?

His personality, or at least, how he interacts with people is clearly different, much more delinquant-like let's say.
The kid is Zazie the Beast, he also appears in the original show
Jan 28, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2022
wolfwood is here and he cools very cool with the lollipop/cigarette, tho i prefer his old weapon which looks pretty much the same but shot bullets as opposed to a laser.
Jan 28, 2023 5:33 PM

Mar 2019
StateofOhayo said:
That kid is Zazie the Beast. In the first anime he's an assassin who can control sand-worms with a high-frequency device he wears on his head, while in the manga his body is controlled by a collective of group-minded insects.
Jan 28, 2023 5:36 PM
Jun 2022
They definitely butchered 14 chapters worth of build up.
Jan 28, 2023 6:00 PM
Mar 2019
deg said:
i hope
you probably should hide that MAJOR spoiler for ppl who are new to TRIGUN
Jan 28, 2023 6:11 PM
Oct 2022
Simplemente Cine
Jan 28, 2023 10:15 PM
Jan 2023
It was good i loved the action and am in thought if wormwood will betray us
Jan 28, 2023 10:48 PM

Nov 2021
Ngl, I thought this would be a slow episode until Wolfwood brought out his cross weapon, that was badass
Jan 29, 2023 1:47 AM

Jul 2016
MomoSinX said:
Evil Wolfwood with mega laser? What the fuck.

Evil?

Seems fairly consistent with his character to date.
Jan 29, 2023 2:11 AM
May 2021
That weapon and the animation was so dam cool and smooth 🔥🔥🔥
Jan 29, 2023 3:26 AM

Mar 2019
I really enjoyed that episode. It's the first one for me since episode 1.The animation was really beautiful this episode.

I only have one criticism and that is that I'm confused about what the purpose of this attack was. Zazie and Wolfwood are clearly working together so how was that plan supposed to go down? Wolfwood saved them and ruined Zazie's attack. I don't get it.
poemofdevilJan 29, 2023 3:31 AM
Jan 29, 2023 4:13 AM

Jan 2009
Another good ep, it's like watching guilty gear strive animated during some cutscenes... like the gif posted above with wolfwood for example
Jan 29, 2023 4:34 AM
Nov 2022
Idk, as a fan of the original, I can say, this one's growing on me.
Jan 29, 2023 5:23 AM

Oct 2013
ZuriMaster said:
mkzxwing said:

ah yes, let's pretend a medium-low budget show from 24 years ago won't have a bunch of shit shots. Vs a modern show that is mostly populated by people standing around on panorama shots of either some decently drawn background, or just a plain gradient of sand/dust/sky, and nonsensical zoom-ins and blur...
Jan 29, 2023 5:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a new character, friend or enemy? kekeke
Jan 29, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2008
that was just spectacular and stylish! :  Nicholas D. "Nicholas the Chapel, Nicholas the Punisher" Wolfwood
5/5.

Jan 29, 2023 10:14 AM

Aug 2022
I don't like how they are revealing everything right away.
Jan 29, 2023 6:55 PM
May 2017
It isn't a true desert fantasy setting if there aren't any gigantic dune worms. Nicholas D Wolfwood gets introduced with Zazie the beast, who turn out to be in cahoots the entire time. Otherwise the episode was decent. nothing much to say about it

3/5
Jan 29, 2023 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
Not a fan of this new interpretation of Wolfwood. He was the best character in the original, the most charismatic. And although we all knew something was up with him, he wasn't revealed to be in cahoots with the enemy until the end. Here, he acts like one of those teenage gangsters in Korean movies, talks too much and is too invested to be a badass and not even half as likeable as he was in the original. Aside from the new plot arrangement, the characters' eagerness to give the plan away just removes all suspense.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 29, 2023 9:23 PM
Feb 2014
katsucats said:
Not a fan of this new interpretation of Wolfwood. He was the best character in the original, the most charismatic. And although we all knew something was up with him, he wasn't revealed to be in cahoots with the enemy until the end. Here, he acts like one of those teenage gangsters in Korean movies, talks too much and is too invested to be a badass and not even half as likeable as he was in the original. Aside from the new plot arrangement, the characters' eagerness to give the plan away just removes all suspense.

it's not that different from the original whatsoever lol this is supreme nitpicking
Jan 29, 2023 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
New cowboy has joined the party! Nicholas D. Wolfwood. Quite mysterious, funny, a little cringe when trying to act like an actual priest, but most of all - gravely dangerous with his cross weapon.

Damn, this episode felt so short, because of how entertaining it was. Another brilliant episode with absolutely fantastic visuals, audio, voice acting, and of course the story that was told in it. :)
Jan 30, 2023 12:37 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm so hyped to see Wolfwood again, and he's just as cool. I loved the 4th wall-breaking line of "Spikey Head".
Jan 30, 2023 5:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wolfwood is back and not quite as I remembered him. All good. I like how this iteration of Trigun keeps on sending me surprises.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 30, 2023 8:55 AM
Jan 2023
Wolfwood is finally here! This show continues to deliver week to week although I'll say this has been maybe the weakest of the episodes so far. good tho for sure
Jan 30, 2023 10:31 AM
Sep 2020
buena introducción para Nicholas y beast.
Jan 30, 2023 10:51 AM
Feb 2017
katsucats said:
No he has not. It was already clearly alluded to that Wolfwood had connections to the Gung-Ho-Guns 2 chapters after his first appearance. They may have changed how it is portrayed, but Wolfwood getting introduced, and it being revealed that he has connections to the villains all happened within one and the same volume. 

UnknownGhost5 said:
I don't like how they are revealing everything right away.

They aren't. The old anime only had around 23 chapters to work off of(basically to the point after Fifth Moon, where Vash is incognito as "Ericks), so they had to stretch all that material out and fill it with original content because they simply couldn't have created a 26 episode series with that little material. The manga continued for nearly another decade after the anime was done. 100+ chapters worth of material that the old anime didn't have. What fells like a reveal of "everything" to you, is simply "everything" anime-only fans know. But they barely scratched the surface of what the overall story has to offer. 
Jan 30, 2023 1:45 PM

Nov 2021
Still old Trigun Wolfwood looks cooler, better, and more badass than in this shit... all the good points had the original are lost in this stupid remake:

Btw the way, can't stand anymore that fucking boring Roberto guy, I want my Milly back!!
Jan 30, 2023 8:10 PM

Jul 2008
ITS MY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a little weird hearing Reiner's voice actor instead of Aizen's but I'll get used to it.
Jan 30, 2023 10:26 PM
Jul 2022
ZuriMaster said:
mkzxwing said:

This is literally the worst shot by far in the original and lasts like, 5 seconds. I could show you 30 amazing shots per episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

209 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 8, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2023

154 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

126 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

407 by Riley_Hartis »»
Mar 6, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Trigun Stampede Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

64 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 6, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.