Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
The RPG elements in this reminds me of Pokemon in these recent episodes with the familiars. 

I gotta say though, Maple is great at keeping up her work and making her partner as strong as possible. One catch about this show is how game events can be unexpected. Perhaps Maple should be more prepared in the future.
Mar 15, 2023 8:41 AM

Feb 2020
This show never fails to entertain me. It always nails both action and fluffy scenes so perfectly. :)

I love every time when Syrup is gigantic.

Cute kuma dance. :3

Beautiful looking place again.

Nice fight between Mii and Payne. Unfortunately, Maple ruined the moment, lol. That alligator scene was really amusing.

SerafosMar 23, 2023 4:48 AM
Mar 15, 2023 8:58 AM

Feb 2019
I think instead of therapy, people with depression should be shown bofuri episodes
Mar 15, 2023 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
The Flame Emperors are back just before the 8th Event starts, and sure enough, their monster tamers are pretty much like Pokémon. Still though, it's weird looking at Maple being half-human, half-monster.

The 8th Event being both a main and preliminary round, it's a survival game. The prelim round goes first, and all 8 members of Maple Tree breeze through their training first before entering the arena, and Maple trounces through the event, but not while having the gimmick that monsters below her level are programmed to avoid her. Well, with the PlayStation-shaped cactus trap that draws monsters towards her, it's a good thing, but in addition to the trap that exposes her location, I guess that's just typical. While sisters May and Yui rack up with their bears and Iz with the large area expose explosion, Maple...is just the same berserk that she is.

The others got into a PvP, though that was for the best scouraging for intel and experience. Mii vs. Payne's PvP was exciting to say the least, though with Maple's inclusion being bitten off of a large crocodile, it's all games for her like controlling a live game controller. Of course, the game devs would not slide for this, on top of the usual complaints they got from regular players.

Nothing fazes Maple, and the main event will prove of what they have to go through the course.
Mar 15, 2023 9:02 AM

Apr 2010
Maple's finding a new trick to draw in more monsters was funny, and the others showing of the abilities of their pets was also nice.
The crocodile part was also nice.
Kasumi's way of dealing with enemies was pretty sly.
Mar 15, 2023 9:18 AM
Oct 2016
The eight event starts with everyone going off in the preliminary round. I like seeing the whole guild have their own adventures. Parts of the story like this lend s great opportunity to the lesser featured characters, we see a bunch of Maple and Sally adventuring and this lets us see everyone else's now. Chrome, Iz, Yui, May, Kasumi, and Kanade all using their newly tamed monsters to full effect. Not taking any flack from wild monsters or weird players. Everyone showing off their skills as to why even with someone as strong as Maple leading there guild they still belong too. We did see some of Maple at the beginning, it was funny when we got that debuff to make monsters run from her and the low speed skill making it to where she couldn't catch them. I laughed once Maple found that plant that emitted that powder making monsters come running. She found an easy solution to that debuff but got caught in a gator mouth! Payne and Mii were enjoying their fight until weird af Maple strolled through with her cotton mouth filled alligator. She's done some weird funny stuff but this is pretty close to the top.
Mar 15, 2023 9:44 AM

Feb 2022
The twins ride to where Maple is..... yeah, she's not needing any help.
Nice to see everyone fighting alongside their monsters

Payne vs Mii was great until the oddity that is Maple appeared... that was hilarious
Mar 15, 2023 10:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As pets go a giant turtle that has good attack power with the bonus of being able to carry you as well is pretty useful. Mii's guildmates had some pretty neat pets as well. The bears that the twins tamed really served to address their main drawbacks. The debuffs that the event had sure were random. Iz created quite the trap though. The pets though really added a lot of combat flexibility to the game though. Which is shown best in Payne and Mii's fight. Thinking about it though the prelim's did favour those guilds that had mastered the usage of their pets that allowed them to complement their already existing skills.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2023 10:09 AM
Apr 2020
Maple goofing around having fun will never not be funny
Mar 15, 2023 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
Maple lowkey reminds me of my early mmorpg days. I want her to shame me with them tentacles.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 15, 2023 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
Payne & Mii: Having an intense Pokemon battle...

Maple: "Hahaha Gator and cannon goes BRRRRRRR!"

The way that Maple waltz into the middle of Payne and Mii's fight, without realising that both of them were there, while having fun shooting off her abilities inside an alligator's mouth, is peak Maple oddity that had me cracking up with laughter! XD

Either way, the start of the 8th event showcased how well everyone in Maple Tree and the other guilds utilised their new monster companions, with Kanade having a good showcase on how to avoid being defeated with his clones, which succeeded in tricking his opponents in the 2v1 fight he got himself into.

Same goes with Iz and how effective her traps were, providing an explosion spectacle that would make a certain Megumin smile with happiness. =P

Mar 15, 2023 1:56 PM

Feb 2007
"It actually controls really well!" Oh, Maple... :D
Mar 15, 2023 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Maple controlling the aligator was everything I like about this show xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 15, 2023 4:09 PM

May 2012
Shingster said:
The bears that the twins tamed really served to address their main drawbacks.
The bears are actually even more broken for the twins than stated here. In the light novel they mention one of the skills the bears possess during this event. It's a skill that shares the bear and tamer's strength stats with each other. It's intended to lend the bear's high strength to its tamer but due to the twins having such absurdly high strength, they end up strengthening the bears instead. Which are far quicker and more agile than they are. They also didn't really address it very well in an earlier episode but the twins' Destroyer Mode is also kinda broken for them. It increases the hitboxes of their hammers by a substantial amount, making it far easier for them to land blows. They tend to get overshadowed by Maple and Sally but all the members of Maple Tree, especially the twins, are getting pretty broken themselves at this point.
Mar 15, 2023 5:36 PM

Sep 2018
It's happening at a slowish rate, but this anime is losing it's appeal.
Mar 15, 2023 9:07 PM

Feb 2019
leave it to Maple to figure something unexpected out and turn it into something weirdly interesting lol
Mar 16, 2023 1:07 AM

Jan 2023
Despite a couple of good fights along the way, it mostly felt like a very calm, relaxed episode.... up until that very crazy appearance of Maple which made me laugh so hard!
It has been maybe a little while since I hadn't seen her do something that crazy haha!

Overall, a nice episode, with some nice fights (though it feels like the bigger ones are coming in the next weeks) and some nice comedic moments here and there.
Mar 16, 2023 4:29 AM

Mar 2020
I am late to that party since I waited for the show to return and binged all of the available episode and I gotta say they really managed to top the first season! This episode especially was such a highlight that crocodiles scene was priceless XD
I love how they amplified the dynamic between the devs trying to balance the game and Maple ruining it. Definitely my favorite part of the show!
Mar 16, 2023 5:17 AM
Dec 2019
smart funny the crocodile sent me fr
Mar 16, 2023 10:13 AM

Sep 2020
The crocodile part is very funny, looks like this time there's a lot of game nerfs to Maple from the developers.
Mar 16, 2023 11:31 AM
Mar 2019
I love how this show shows a little bit of the game developers side
Mar 17, 2023 6:48 AM

Oct 2017
Mapel never change, she's as crazy as ever. It was great to see the other members battles too.
Mar 17, 2023 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
Bofuri is so funny with our little Mapple :') Love her character, i want to play with her XD 
The reaction of Mi and Payne was verry funny when Mapple passed between them during the duel
Mar 17, 2023 9:56 PM
Jul 2020
I like Iz and Kanade development. Also Kasumi going both for monsters and players is absolute savage! I felt in love with her <3 
Mar 18, 2023 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
"We've got to stop making monsters with insides"
The Admins almost got a spit take.

Maple was in her own little world. I think I would've blown up that damn Maolegator for interrupting my duel!
Mar 19, 2023 2:12 PM
Feb 2016
Me encanto este capitulo.

Mar 19, 2023 3:50 PM
Feb 2022
this anime makes me feel at ease
Mar 20, 2023 12:25 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
If you have players like Maple, who are constantly doing things in a very unexpected way, you will break the game mechanic in a unexpected manner.

Maple is a top player, because she does not behave like the 0815 online players. That way she explores the bugs and glitches and exploit them to her advance.

Players like Maple would be hated in real live by competitive players.
Mar 21, 2023 6:02 AM
Jan 2018
Maple being swallowed up by an alligator somehow doesn’t surprise me anymore lol
Mar 23, 2023 9:15 PM

Jan 2017
Everyone else was having their epic PvP battles and Maple... does Maple things again.

So can the crocodile be considered a 2nd pet or a type of transport / tank
Apr 11, 2023 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
ROFLl

Epic battle happening.

And POP out Maple in a cotton ball in a Gator's mouth... LOOOOOL

Moment Ruined.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2023 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
Not surprised at all... Maple is way too strong for that event. LOL. She keeps doing silly things just like you'd expect from her. All of Maple's tree members have great tamed monsters.
Apr 14, 2023 10:11 AM

May 2020
Everyone getting prepared for the eighth event is nice to watch. Maple enjoying defeating the monsters is fun. Iz's plan is deadly. Maple enjoying her crocodile ride is funny in a way. 
Apr 23, 2023 6:08 AM

Sep 2012
Sally should have used the opportunity then fighting to take out at least pain if not Pain and Mii, she is fast stealth killer   
May 13, 2023 12:37 AM
May 2022
Best episode really funny
Jul 20, 2023 6:52 AM
Jan 2023
The preliminary for the 8th event is finished. I laughed so hard when Maple interrupted that battle between Payne and Mii riding in the mouth of an alligator. That was the last thing I was expecting, but you've got to expect the unexpected from Maple.
Jul 31, 2023 5:57 PM

Feb 2018
Mii fights Payne on an epic 1v1 fight, Maple casually enters the scene while being in the gators mouth, typical Maple :p
Sep 17, 2023 11:41 AM
Jan 2021
It was fine overall but it still has the same old formula of maple being op as season 1. To be honest it's getting old...
Dec 30, 2023 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
Guess the fight between the two guild leaders was the most interesting thing that happened this time, the rest of the event should be interesting.
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
Did Maple and Sally ever die in this game? Because without a time limit mentioned I assumed it would be more of a wave mode, where you are supposed to die and I expected them to break the game by simply never dying. I guess that would be too dark for the setting.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

101 by davidernu »»
Apr 24, 12:12 AM

» This season is CG?

curvedtree - Feb 2, 2023

12 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Feb 5, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

61 by waldy713 »»
Jan 17, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

108 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

82 by waldy713 »»
Jan 16, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.