Forum Settings
Forums

Anime whose previous season(s) you've never watched but you've watched and enjoyed its sequel (S2 or more) nonetheless

New
Dec 3, 2022 4:01 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
For me it's Baki series, I watched Baki (2018) without knowing it's actually Season 3 but still really enjoyed them. I have finished watching the sequels (S4 and S5) after that but still haven't watched the previous seasons (S1 and S2) because I'm lazy :)

I know it's weird but oh well, who cares as long as I enjoy it~

So, any sequels or next seasons you enjoy but you've never watched its previous season?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 3, 2022 4:13 PM

Mar 2019
I somehow watched both seasons of Mushishi: Zoku Shou without ever watching the first season of Mushishi. Kind of embarrassed to even watch the first season now, probably will at some point though. I didn't even notice I had skipped the first part until like years later, I don't know if the first season had something important in it, I just liked the vibe. I suppose Mushishi is largely episodic so I won't really blame myself for not noticing that the series I was watching was the sequel. I can't really even remember how I skipped the first part of Mushishi, however I really liked it
KumiveneellaDec 3, 2022 4:18 PM
Dec 3, 2022 4:20 PM

May 2019
i watched Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT completely but i never watched the original Dragon Ball.
Dec 3, 2022 4:24 PM

Nov 2022
Yama no Susume 3rd season is nice and cozy.

Did not watch previous seasons and dropped this year season after first ep
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 4, 2022 12:59 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Kumiveneella said:
I somehow watched both seasons of Mushishi: Zoku Shou without ever watching the first season of Mushishi. Kind of embarrassed to even watch the first season now, probably will at some point though. I didn't even notice I had skipped the first part until like years later, I don't know if the first season had something important in it, I just liked the vibe. I suppose Mushishi is largely episodic so I won't really blame myself for not noticing that the series I was watching was the sequel. I can't really even remember how I skipped the first part of Mushishi, however I really liked it

I see, good thing what you mentioned is episodic otherwise you probably would feel very uneasy by now, anyway as long as you enjoy the anime it's fine :D

Dec 4, 2022 1:05 AM

Dec 2021
Admittedly I’m a Jojo part skipper. My sister watched the first three parts and would tell me about everything that happened after each episode. Then she let me watch Part 4 with her. I thought it was pretty entertaining.
Dec 4, 2022 1:28 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The devil is a part timer..

Not gonna lie...that's not the only one..

When I started watching anime late 90s , anime only aired on tv.. So I've watched a lot of the old classics,from the middle of the series... An then from the start when they ran reruns..
These were all long running series over 150 episodes.. So I don't know what seasons they were divided into..

Dec 4, 2022 2:19 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I accidentally watched the 2nd season of Kiniro Mosaic before the first season but I didn't enjoy it and I watched s1 right after. Actually I think I might've realised partway through and went back and watched s1 in the middle of season 2.

I also watched Kiss x Sis TV before Kiss x Sis OVA when a couple of the OVA's are supposed to go before the TV series.
Dec 4, 2022 2:24 AM

Aug 2017
None ?
Watch your shows from the start
Dec 4, 2022 3:43 AM

Sep 2021
theres been 2 instances of it for me and i seldom say the first one cause it'll get me on a wanted list
I watched Jojo part 3 without knowing there were 2 parts before it
but to be fair and also as an additional bonus, before that i also watched the original Part 3 OVA first so i ended up expecting some parts of the the DP Part 3 adaptation

i also watched Mononoke before Ayakashi, not knowing Ayakashi came before it
Dec 4, 2022 4:11 AM

Nov 2011
I was guilty for watching Gundam Unicorn when it aired before watching other entries of UC Gundam. Not really enjoying it.
But after watching other main entries, I finally realized how good Unicorn was. It makes a great ending for all UC saga.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 4, 2022 6:08 AM

Oct 2010
I watched jojo part 3 the ovas, I didn't know there was a manga about it and this was the 3rd part, then I skipped till part 6
Did the same with kiniro mosaic, I watcehd s2 without knowing it was s2, then I watched s1
Dec 4, 2022 8:37 PM
Aug 2018
Was about to bust your balls for doing that but realized I did that once lol. I watched takagi season 2 since that was the only season of it on netflix at the time, and I could only use netflix for anime because reasons (not my choice). I loved it. Went back to watch the first season afterwards ofc.

Dec 4, 2022 8:47 PM
Oct 2019
Saiorno said:
theres been 2 instances of it for me and i seldom say the first one cause it'll get me on a wanted list
I watched Jojo part 3 without knowing there were 2 parts before it
but to be fair and also as an additional bonus, before that i also watched the original Part 3 OVA first so i ended up expecting some parts of the the DP Part 3 adaptation

i also watched Mononoke before Ayakashi, not knowing Ayakashi came before it
To be fair, when reading the manga, Jonathan Joestar's VA accidentally started at part 3, not realizing that there were 2 parts before it. This seems like a pretty common occurrence, to the point where it happened to the guy who literally voiced part 1's protagonist, lol. (He mentioned this on one of the episodes of Joestar Radio)
Dec 4, 2022 8:58 PM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Dagashi Kashi S2. I just recently watched season 1.
Recently watched Tatami Time Machine Blues, but haven’t seen Tatami Galaxy.
It’s a movie, but watched Green Snake before realizing it was a sequel to White Snake (just watched recently)
Dec 4, 2022 9:19 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
SaiteiDaOrette said:
Admittedly I’m a Jojo part skipper. My sister watched the first three parts and would tell me about everything that happened after each episode. Then she let me watch Part 4 with her. I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Disgusting that she didn't make you watch the superior parts (2-3).

𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Dec 4, 2022 9:21 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Rinrinka said:
For me it's Baki series, I watched Baki (2018) without knowing it's actually Season 3 but still really enjoyed them. I have finished watching the sequels (S4 and S5) after that but still haven't watched the previous seasons (S1 and S2) because I'm lazy :)

I know it's weird but oh well, who cares as long as I enjoy it~

So, any sequels or next seasons you enjoy but you've never watched its previous season?

Ironically, I did the same thing with the Baki series. I've yet to watch the original two seasons but will eventually.

Just don't do this with JoJo, short anime or any of the big three.
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Dec 4, 2022 11:34 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Catalano said:
I watched jojo part 3 the ovas, I didn't know there was a manga about it and this was the 3rd part, then I skipped till part 6
Did the same with kiniro mosaic, I watcehd s2 without knowing it was s2, then I watched s1

Kiniro Mosaic;? Or hello Kiniro Mosaic;?
what about the movie...? This is very funny anime which I watched during the last couple of years for animax before it went off air..

Dec 4, 2022 11:36 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Yeah Jojo is like that for me as well.. I watched the jorato in jail part after diamond is unbreakable..
diamond is unbreakable is my favorite Jojo anime so far.. It's something about that town.

Dec 5, 2022 6:49 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
SaiteiDaOrette said:

JoJo is actually quite fine to skip since each part is almost like standalone anime, not really a direct sequel/prequel to each other :)

ryo-san said:
The devil is a part timer..

Seriously? Out of all series you skipped the one whose sequel is a sheer downgrade from season 1, what a madlad hihi :D

Dec 5, 2022 7:38 PM

Aug 2016
Ultimate Muscle 2/Kinnikuman II Sei. Good show.

If you asked me this question a few years ago, Osomatsu-san, Lupin III Part IV, Mononoke. Then I watched Osomatsu-kun, Lupin III Part V, Ayakashi
Dec 5, 2022 7:47 PM

Jul 2022
I watched the 1999 Magic User's Club series without realizing there was a 1996 OVA.

I've since watched it and liked it, but I would've still enjoyed the series had I not seen the OVA.
Dec 5, 2022 7:51 PM

Aug 2020
I watched JoJo part 3 first and enjoyed it the most. Then i went back to part 1 all the way. I wanna know about Captain Tsubasa tho. Can i just watch Road to 2002 or are the prequels a must? If someone can help me.
Dec 5, 2022 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
Saiyuuki - I haven't seen "Gensoumaden Saiyuuki".

I've only seen the recent shows, not the originals:
Young Black Jack
Karen Children: The unlimited Hyobu Kyousuke
Bem
Boogiepop
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

I'm missing a few, but these are off the top of my head.
Dec 5, 2022 10:21 PM

Oct 2022
I didn't skip any. I always watch show from start.

But, I accidentally watch final episodes of Vinland Saga before watching the first one. Didn't ruin experience for me kinda? but yea...
Dec 5, 2022 10:24 PM

Feb 2020
I don't think I have ever done that......
Dec 6, 2022 12:12 AM

Aug 2018
not gonna lie, I skipped Tamako Market so I could watch the movie everyone says is great. (meh) I tried but I just couldn't stomach 12 episodes with this goddamn bird.
Dec 6, 2022 12:20 AM
Jun 2020
I watched Clannad after story with out watching Clannad.
Dec 6, 2022 1:01 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Rinrinka said:
Seriously? Out of all series you skipped the one whose sequel is a sheer downgrade from season 1, what a madlad hihi :D

I was in the university in 2013,so I was out having a good time in a city that I was in love it..
I watched fewer anime during my university days... Specially during the later years..

Dec 6, 2022 1:51 AM

Oct 2019
I watched baki too and loved it

I also watched the first episode of the new bleach for a youtube video and it was pretty fun. although I kind of felt offended at my action for the fans, so I can't for the life of me convince myself to watch all of it.

but on the other hand I am not planning to watch the og bleach any time soon.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 6, 2022 1:58 AM

Feb 2020
This pretty much sums up my experience with KonoSuba. I really didn't like season 1 but everything after I enjoyed a lot.
Dec 6, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2021
I have never watched anime with skip season and always start with season 1. Only for one exception, Food Wars. I had to watch full season 2 (for a reason) when in fact I didn't watch its season 1. Not enjoying it to THAT extend but it is still good. Though I don't think I will ever watch the anime properly from the beginning to end.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Dec 6, 2022 7:25 PM

Jun 2017
Not sure if this counts but Yugioh Duel Monsters is my all time favorite anime and aside from random clips, i never saw Season 0 until recently. (Back in the day, most yugioh forums were critical of 4kids and the dub censorship so they shared sub clips and clips of the season 0)

Chi's Sweet Home was on Crunchyroll and it only had one of the later seasons, i still enjoyed it and thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Dragon Ball Z was a great show for me and i never saw Dragon Ball until later.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Dec 6, 2022 8:47 PM

Oct 2014
I watched OG Macross and then skipped to Delta. Delta was alright, OG was definitely better. Not sure if any of the ones in the middle provided context for Delta. I plan to see F at some point.
Dec 10, 2022 11:31 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
epidemia78 said:
not gonna lie, I skipped Tamako Market so I could watch the movie everyone says is great. (meh) I tried but I just couldn't stomach 12 episodes with this goddamn bird.

Oh I remember that fat bird, could be quite annoying yeah :D

So was the movie good for you who never watched the og Tamako Market?

BrickHARDmeat220 said:
I watched Clannad after story with out watching Clannad.

How was it? Could you still feel sad watching After Story?

Dec 10, 2022 11:34 PM

Aug 2018
Rinrinka said:

So was the movie good for you who never watched the og Tamako Market?

It was ok. Seemed more like a love story between a couple of middle school kids rather than grown adults though.
Dec 10, 2022 11:50 PM

Dec 2019
I've only done this with dbz cause I tried og and didn't like it that much and just went straight to dbz lol
Dec 12, 2022 3:25 AM

Oct 2019
Teasing Master Takagi San S3 - Got curious. Didn't want to go back and watch its prequels.

Dragon Ball Super - Hell no I'm going to watch Z, it's listening to people moaning or trying to poop their pants when they charge up their attacks.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Watched Gou instead because I thought it was a reboot.

The Last: Naruto the Movie: I tried Naruto, but the pacing is god awful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2022 3:51 AM

Feb 2014
DBZ aside, one is 8 Man After, but that doesn't count. The only other one is Naruto Shippuden. Based on a dozen episodes of Shippuden I saw first, I only watched the first 148 episodes of Naruto.
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
Dec 12, 2022 3:57 AM

Feb 2020
Dragon ball z is obvious one
Another kind of eg is Digimon xros wars. Though they are not really connected with others Digimon or original digimon. Same but lesser extend with captain harlock
AdampkDec 12, 2022 4:10 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 12, 2022 4:12 AM

Jun 2017
I dropped Black Butler after ep 18, skipped S2 and then watched Book of Circus. It was such a good decision
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Dec 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Dec 2019
The only ones I did this with have been MHA, SAO and Dragon Ball on accident. I watched DBZ a year before I watched the original Dragon Ball and I watched MHA season 2 before the first season. I accidentally watched SAO: Alicization before the previous 2 seasons but I quickly caught onto that and finished the first one in like 4 days and the second one in like 2 months, 4 days before I finished Alicization.

I've never done this again. I either watch something in order or I don't watch it at all. I genuinely don't fucking understand people who watch JoJo Parts 5 or 6 without watching a single previous part. Why the fuck do they do that?

More topics from this board

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

56 by alshu »»
7 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

58 by bucciest »»
7 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
21 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

47 by Pinoffin »»
22 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Today

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.