Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I hope Sarasa learned her lesson this episode. Not everything is as easy as it looks when getting materials in their world.

On the other hand, I like the enthusiasm of this episode as the cast tries to further boost their workplace with ideas. They really are committed in their work, more than just making a profit.
Oct 31, 2022 5:59 AM

Apr 2010
Those frost bats where funny, tho the situation in that cave was hectic with Iris panicking like that.
The got what they came for tho which was nice to see.
And now the girls are making plans for better cooperation with the village and that's always a good thing, tho it does look like Sarasa earned her place in the village already.
Oct 31, 2022 6:06 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another enjoyable episode. Sarasa. <3

Ouch! Poor Lorea was stung by a bee.

And Iris was eating too fast again. xD

The whole bat hunt was quite hilarious.

Now I want a pair of flexible gloves and a cooling hat. They seemed so nice.

"Whoa, the ideas started flowing as soon as the sweets came out!"

Yummy!

SerafosOct 31, 2022 9:04 AM
Oct 31, 2022 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
What a cute and adorable episode but Sarasa is the cutest of them all!!! (⁠^⁠3⁠^⁠♪
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 31, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2022
Sarasa truly never fails to capitalize on anything and I love it. Hunting the frost bats was easy enough!
Hopefully the hats will sell well and it's good to see that she thinks about the entire village.
Oct 31, 2022 9:07 AM
Sep 2021
Sarasa is improving the village economy while also boosting her sales, decent episode.
I give it 5/10.
Oct 31, 2022 9:10 AM

Mar 2021
Another cute and adorable episode Iris just getting more adorable with each episode and them hunting bats in the cave was hilarious also those cookies Sarasa presented looked delicious
Oct 31, 2022 9:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ohh frozen bats, the cave exploration was cool and I like that idea of cooling hats, now with these many ideas (thanks to the cookies lol) they're developing the shop and village's economy more and more, it's going surprisingly well so far
Oct 31, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2019
Some more adventuring in this episode as the girls, except Lorea, explored a northern cave with the help of Andre and a couple of guys. Using the bat fangs for a cooling unit for a fridge and the extras for cooling hats was a great idea. Speaking of great ideas, it was funny to see the girls' reactions when Sarasa brought out the cookies and with Lorea getting a cookie partly because she's cute lol. The CGDCT part of the show was great as usual. Hopefully the hats end up selling out so that the village can prosper.
Oct 31, 2022 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
There is Lorea and the others just reeling in on avaliable resources, and there is Sarasa already thinking of incorporating modern technology, using what she has to replicate the feel. And to mimic a refrigerator, some frostfang bats will do for their fangs...though Sarasa doesn't look like the type who's capable of fighting, but one being knowledgeable with her alchemy.

Sarasa can keep quiet about this, but the rest flow deeper thanks to Iris freaking out, encountering a swarm of bats while stepping on piles of dung. But, as is the case, with some know-how, it's easy to remove the fangs without affecting the monsters much. And as per the usual, Sarasa splits the findings equally, bearing in mind of Iris and Kate's repayment, and voilà: new equipment of cooling hats and flexible gloves. And yes, spite worms for insect repellent.

Sarasa being money-minded as usual (because she has to make a profit), and what better than to settle this over teatime with sweets (or cookies rather). But with this much work, it's clear that she'll need more manpower to sell her stock in town, and that's the next venture to commission the entire village as a production house.

A win-win solution for all, and hope that Sarasa will do well for Yok Village to earn some revenue.

Oct 31, 2022 11:32 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I enjoyed the frostfang bats segment, I definitely think Sarasa fits the magic support role better than being a powerhouse when fighting the bears earlier on lol, I also enjoyed the funny bits from Iris like when she got spooked by the skeleton (fitting for the spooky day).

Of course Sarasa is always looking for profit, making a bunch of cooling hats and those thin magic gloves will fetch a pretty penny, also the rows of hands hung up outside scaring people including Iris and Kate was funny lol, yet another fitting bit for today. And we’re back to not getting the ED, didn’t think this would be a show that needs so much extra screentime but understandable I guess lol. And happy Halloween!
Oct 31, 2022 12:44 PM

Jun 2020
I don't know if it's just me, but I'm enjoying the light-heart vibe this show brings. Something to just relax and enjoy; especially after a hard day.

I wonder what other monster species we'll end up seeing; I'm imagining some form of Demi-Humans at some point. I'm also curious; there's other rooms in the house, I want to see more done with those at some point. It would be a waste not to have some relaxing bonding experiences with the main characters.

Profit, that's the game everyone's trying to play. It's an interesting thing to see, the after episode receipts always bring a bit of understanding to the episodes. I wonder if they'll ever outsource medicine to other areas. I'm sure plenty of other villages would love more medical items.
Just2TerrifyOct 31, 2022 12:50 PM

Want a anime song playlist?
Check this one out.

Want to learn how to edit your text?
Here's the BBcode guide.
Oct 31, 2022 1:19 PM

Feb 2007
Capitalism, ho! :D
Oct 31, 2022 1:27 PM
Dec 2017
Episode 5: Sarasa hunts obscure bats in a cave and brings the loot back to the village. Episode 6: a new character appears, her name is Rona-chan and she quickly kills off all villagers, townsfolk and eventually about one-third of the continent. Episode 7: another new character appears, her name is Kariko Pfizer and she inoculates the survivors, thus ending the quarantine.
Oct 31, 2022 1:42 PM

Sep 2020
Very fun episode, they find all sorts of ways to earn some money, and she looks really cute in the hat!
Oct 31, 2022 1:55 PM

Oct 2020
I like the teamwork of the group to help the village out.
Oct 31, 2022 3:29 PM

Jan 2017
Why are they afraid of gloves? That scene was so silly.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Oct 31, 2022 4:38 PM

Feb 2016
The show is turning into team fortress 2.
Oct 31, 2022 6:15 PM

Sep 2020
S3ntryD said:
Why are they afraid of gloves? That scene was so silly.

It was silly but the characters' reactions after seeing the drying gloves were kinda amusing.
Oct 31, 2022 7:09 PM

Feb 2019
not a bad episode this week. and Iris made their frostfang bats hunting easier by slipping down to where the bigger bats hung lol
Nov 1, 2022 4:47 AM
Jul 2017
Ouch that bee sting...
I love the speed and the sound of Iris's eating lol
The frost bat hunt was very quick but satisfying.
Bring more money into the village. She gives a cookie to Lorea right away but not to the other two lol.
What a heartwarming anime, not only about business but about human connections and bonding with friends.
Nov 1, 2022 5:58 AM

Oct 2017
Another episode another losses
Did they forget to include the flexible gloves sales?
saipulipoelNov 1, 2022 6:04 AM

Nov 1, 2022 6:08 PM

Feb 2018
Overall a pretty wholesome episode.
Nov 2, 2022 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
With winter fast approaching in the northern hemisphere I wouldn't have much use for a cooling hat, but darn I'd buy one anyway in preparation for summer next year!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 3, 2022 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
A fridge to keep things cool is indeed convenient. Have to risk lives first to get tooth from Frost bats. Lucky that the bats are fruit eater, and not very aggressive.

Sarasa making improvements to the quality of life in the town. Hats with built-in airconditioning. nice.

and I do wonder how that alchemist who keeps dumbing down prices + tricking people is still in business? It would probably take a few years, but gatherers would eventually realize what he's doing, fewer and fewer people would be selling materials to his shop.
Nov 4, 2022 7:49 PM

Aug 2014
This show is actually brutal lol. They show the killing here and there XD. But the girls are so cute. Also now Sarasa know how to talk business
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 6, 2022 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
Surprised she didn't send a sample hat to her shisho via the portal
Nov 8, 2022 3:02 PM
Nov 2022
Sarasa sangat op www bayangkan itu sedikit kekuatan nya aja sudah bisa buat angin puyuh apalagi kalo kekuatan fullnya...emang da best
Dec 20, 2022 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
Poor Frostfang bats.

And they mentioned the shaddy shop again, but hell, while the shop mistaken the ingredients again, but the guy indirectly saved the Bats cause the Hunters thinks they're not worth hunting.

Except now Sarasa convinced the hunting, and BAM the Bats are dead... what's worse is... the Bats are Friendly, they don't attack people, they literally eats Fruits... hence the "easy targets for hunting"...

As can be seen when Sarasa zaps a baby and it falls down with no resistance.

And then Iris goes cray-cray and made everyone fall down into the hole, lol.

Also.... "we could go further in" "but we might as well kill the ones here anyways" *proceeds to kill harmless bats*

And the Gloves... "how much they cost?" "3,800 dollars" "oh wow, at that price they're worth the security"...

Yea... poor commoners doesn't know that 3,800 is like pennies to Alchemists, LOL. (as later she made tons of them for sale)

___ ___ ___

And then she plans the next CORPA. (she wants people to spend more money so she can make more money)

Also... why did everyone get shocked at the Gloves?... never seen a glove being dried after wash? huh.....

And their idea is to sell to other towns to bring money into the village (Merchanting/ Expansion)

and the Chief "For the village sake" (after he gets convinced, he originally didn't want to)

The village was already living a pretty nice and chill life... Sarasa is literally trying to turn this tiny peaceful village into another city like the capital.
amlgDec 20, 2022 11:14 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 23, 2022 11:05 PM

Nov 2019
Cute girls being cute running an alchemy store. Pretty much all sweetness and light here with little in the way of conflict.

Pacing's a bit fast, but if all you're looking for is a lighthearted way to pass the time then this might fit the bill.
Dec 24, 2022 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
I dunno whats so shocking about drying the gloves but still, outside murdering the bats, wholesome episode like usual

Dec 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Nov 2019
Reapermask said:
I dunno whats so shocking about drying the gloves but still, outside murdering the bats, wholesome episode like usual

It's a capitalism thing; claiming something was expensive due to rare ingredients then turning around and mass-producing it.

This series has an incredibly messed up economy that assumes everyone (even random villagers out in the middle of nowhere) has infinite money to spend.
Dec 30, 2022 3:18 AM

Feb 2021
He isn't afraid against eyeballs and hearts but afraid against worms?! Very nice XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 29, 2023 7:08 PM
Nov 2019
The "business talk" from roughly 22:00 minutes onwards is kind of embarrassingly bad. The fact that the major daughter says Sarasa is the one taking "the biggest risk" in that situation is nonsense, selling any new product always comes with that risk and she has taken that risk numerous times so far already. 
The villagers are the ones who are actually at risk because they have to spend all that time and do all that work without even being guaranteed a compensation. That sounds like borderline slavery to me.

You don't commission something without paying for it, then sell the product to the costumer and then go and pay the worker (you commissioned something from) on a "per sold item" basis.

If you commission something you pay the worker in full when they deliver the product and then you sell the product to the costumer to make the money (you spent on the commission) back. Any products you don't sell will then be a loss for you, and to prevent to much loss as well as generate profit you set the price accordingly.
Yveltal1612Jan 29, 2023 7:26 PM

More topics from this board

» This is very good! A hidden gem!

RjtheGreat14 - Mar 3

11 by JadeHoxen »»
Mar 6, 8:40 PM

» I Can't Wait To Watch Full Moe Alchemist

Roderick24_ - Sep 12, 2022

7 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Mar 3, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2022

50 by DEMSpirit »»
Feb 27, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2022

24 by TMSH_Aku »»
Jan 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2022

38 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.