Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 5, 2019 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
So I'm guessing we'll see this loop many times till he makes the right decisions and the reason for the bad endings are either Ozu or not keeping his promise to Akashi or both.

Katsu-kunApr 5, 2019 3:09 PM
May 16, 2019 1:40 PM

Dec 2018
Yay the dialogue slowed down

So far this is incredible. In love with this shows storytelling, art, and characters so far. Really damn creative and easily relatable.
Aug 22, 2019 7:15 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that they slowed down a bit.

Time travel, huh?

I'm really liking this show.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 28, 2019 9:33 AM

May 2016
It's a time loop!! And holy shit the ED theme is so good

Akashi always finding Watashi's films entertaining and paying attention to them, even when no else was, was such a cute and pure thing. My cold heart was warmed once again. T_T
I wonder how long it'll take for him to realise the meaning behind all these little things she does and says. I can't blame him though.

Like the spin-off movie, this show seems to have quite the strong message of seizing the day, and realizing what's actually there with/for you in the present. I love it. Akashi is such a great tsundere, and Watashi such a lovable nerd--I can't wait to see their relationship develop more.
ZaugrAug 28, 2019 10:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2019 7:53 AM

May 2018
Im still confused about the story of this, if I'm not wrong I noticed that the time went back, but this time with a different story and some thing remain unchanged. I had fun at this episode, basically a revenge episode against Jougasaki, especially the Alexander movie that was the funny part. People love non-fiction, and yeah wall of boobs. Ozu is the master of pranks and I love his works, and also Akashi best girl.

Oct 7, 2019 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
So this is like groundhog day? After every failure, time resets to that moment with the clock tower and the protagonist chooses a different circle?

It also seems that some parts we see, particularly the extravagant parts, are his imagination.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2019 6:40 PM

Mar 2016
A different timeline, a different 2 years period, a different promise. The same Oga.

Timeloop/time travel stories have a place in my heart for their creativity and unpredictability. But above all, their entertainment value, which has proved itself in this ep of Tatami Galaxy. Seeing Watashi goes through a similar yet distinctly different events for the past 2 years is just so interesting to see, and with every different timeline, he have a different promise to fulfill to Akashi. Something that will have a future consequences perhaps? Well for now Watashi can spend his life away with Oga, the evil demon that apparently is not too bad at times, well from the perspective of an audience at least. If nothing, at least his crossdressing is on point.

The exposing documentary was so hilarious, the obnoxious far noise and the wall of boobs had me.
Dec 22, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
So every episode will be the pretty much the same in terms of results but with other decorations and scene, nothing new from times of Groundhog Day. Still pretty average.
Feb 25, 2020 6:21 PM

Jan 2015
This series makes me trippy.
Apr 29, 2020 7:16 PM

Jan 2014
I don’t like time loops very much. But I like how different this anime is so I’m excited to see how it goes. Hopefully he stops talking so fast it’s hard to appreciate the animation
May 22, 2020 9:48 PM

Dec 2016
At the beginning of this episode I was like: "What..?" and then the whole groundhog day thing hit me and I loved it.
That Ozu guy is really annoying, btw.
May 29, 2020 6:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmm interesting to see how this "Watashi" goes to repeat its life again and again. Idk why, idk what the fuck? But the lifes must go on, especially with my time watching this. Hopefully i find some light to understand the whole situations "Watashi" feel in that show. Together with that weird Ozu's appearance and Akashi mystery promises, at once. Next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 22, 2020 6:57 PM

Jan 2019
I have never felt such strong second hand embarrassment in my entire life
Feb 20, 2021 1:07 PM

Sep 2020
Hilarious and surreal, may gonna make this one on favs
Mar 19, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2020
They got your ass in 4K lmao. Glad the dialouge has slowed down even if it was a little bit.
Mar 19, 2021 2:22 PM

Feb 2020
I already had this feeling in episode 1, but now I'm practically sure of it : we absolutely cannot rely on Watashi's narration to understand the different characters.

Proof being his relationship with Ozu : according to Watashi, this is a situation where there's a toxic person (Ozu) and a poor guy who's being destroyed by the toxic person's bad influence (Watashi). But if we really look at what's going on, it isn't exactly that. Ozu isn't a good influence but he isn't the horrible person described by Watashi, he simply is a kind of troll who likes to mess with people and do things his way but clearly isn't utter trash. Watashi, in opposition, is far from being the innocent guy he describes himself as. He is someone with a very negative mindset, who doesn't make much efforts to make his life better because he prefers to put the blame on anyone else rather than admit his own faults, and convinces himself that the whole reason things aren't getting better is because Ozu is dragging him down even if, as Ozu pointed out, it is clear that his life would be this way no matter what and that's because the real problem is actually coming from him. Another interesting thing that proves my point is how even if he blames Ozu for all the bad stuff he is doing, he still follows him in his crazy ideas and actually enjoys doing so, and even more : where Ozu is always doing things playfully, Watashi does them out of spite and with the actual intent to hurt, as seen with the whole movie thing.
And another thing, with the fortune teller this time : she is clearly telling him exactly what he wants to hear. He is talented person but said talent is being crushed by the toxic influence that is Ozu. That's what he wants to hear. Is it the truth ? Nope, not exactly at least. But that's what he wants to believe and unfortunately, until he stops putting the blame on Ozu his life will never get better.

And about Ozu, I am not saying that he is innocent. As I said he is a bad influence, but what's interesting is that rather than dragging down Watashi, he is simply pushing him into doing what he's actually always wanted to do. Basically, Watashi is a negative person with a need to put the blame on others, wants to "punish" them and tries to find excuses for doing so, and that's exactly why he gravitates around Ozu, because Ozu is a guy who enjoys trolling others and no matter what his real intentions are, he is the ideal person for Watashi to do bad things while hiding behind someone else. And even more, as I already said, Ozu serves as an excuse for Watashi not to do any efforts since he accuses him as being the one bringing him down.
And actually, it really looks like Ozu does consider Watashi as a friend. He is teaseful but so far did we even see him attempting to hurt Watashi and break him, just for the sake of it ? No, we've only ever seen him tease him like friends do. But considering Watashi's mindset for him to interpreted Ozu's behaviour the wrong way and see everything he does as evil is perfectly normal.
But in the end even Watashi doesn't seem to hate Ozu as much as he claims, as seen in episode 1 when he seemed genuily worried after Ozu fell in the water.
I really feel like this is some kind of love-hate relationship on his part, he despises Ozu but needs him.
And I really believe that the whole thing with Akashi being promised to one of the two by the god will play an important role in reinforcing this idea.

Well, I am still a bit confused when it comes to some aspects of the show but Watashi's and Ozu's realtionship is enough to kept me interested, I'm really curious to see how this will go now.
Mar 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Dec 2015
So, hum... slowing down the speech speed? I really wonder what's the point then ? Some expected effect on the audience for the first episode?

As funny, maybe even more, as the 1st episode. Given this episode, I won't expect anything more than a constant repeat of new hijinks and late realization of "That's the girl !" through another club's lenses from the episodes. That is, up to the penultimate one (the last one will need to break this nonsensical cycle).

Far from impressed by anything except the form it takes: as much as I find the idea of fated lovers pretty cute, it couldn't sustain a series of 11 episodes by itself, no matter how new each rewind is (especially since the hero's "errors" are the same from one episode to the other, at least for those two episodes).
The "introvert" hero and the "evil" friend who actually serving as a way to let loose of his real intentions is a nice touch, even though it isn't exactly novel. (It could almost be a part of himself rather than an actual character.)

4/5

JCDRANZER said:

As you guys already know the series is based on a novel by Morimi Tomihiko, who also wrote a 5-volume rom-com manga series, called Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome that hasn't got scanlated yet.;)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=24196

Wasn't this guy supposed to be some teenager / "young adult" novelist?
Rei_IIIMar 24, 2021 7:20 AM
May 26, 2021 3:34 AM

May 2020
That senpai was a piece of shit and Watashi's definitely not much better. How did they get so much footage, especially the one where he goes to the toilet ?
Aug 9, 2021 5:16 AM

May 2018
I see so we're going through time loops like in Steins;Gate! The way 私 and Ozu-kun destroyed that weird pompous arrogant freak senpai was awesome!
Sep 7, 2021 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
so when does this get good?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 27, 2021 4:52 AM

Aug 2018
This is a confusing show thank god that everything slowed down during second episode or at least I got used to it
Oct 4, 2021 9:40 PM
May 2020
This is messed up love it.
Oct 29, 2021 2:24 AM
Aug 2021
So this series is about Watashi choosing circles that he thinks would be great for him and each episode is time loop that ends on the same note (with him talking to Akashi). I'm interested to know the hidden meaning behind all of this.

Lmao seeing the perverted dude being caught on 4K thanks to Watashi's movie was very funny.

(I relate to Akashi's fear of moths)
-Facktack-Oct 29, 2021 2:37 AM
Dec 8, 2021 3:43 AM

Jan 2021
Hmmmm, am starting to grasp it. Its basically like different timelines(?)

Akashi kawaaiiii
Jan 6, 2022 9:23 AM
Nov 2020
You can’t even fully enjoy this show if you don’t speak Japanese or pause it every 30 seconds. Not just because of how fast the dialogue is, but because this show has so much subtitles while it’s all about visual storytelling and the animation. This shows visuals are nuts and people miss 70% of them trying to read the subs. I get this would be hard to dub but holy shit not dubbing this show is the worst thing that could be done for it
Jan 12, 2022 9:55 AM

Feb 2021
This show is really starting to get on my nerves. I might drop it
Jan 27, 2022 8:54 AM

Oct 2020
Am I having Deja Vu lol? They either slowed down the dialogues or I got used to the speed. So I'm guessing every episode is based on a different scenario and this keeps happening till the MC makes the right decision? Very interesting.

This episode (even tho it was kinda similar to the last one) was really good. Ozu is currently my favourite character and the kiss scene lol XD

4/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Mar 12, 2022 9:42 AM

Aug 2012
While the last episode already clued me into the time loop premise, it was pretty interesting to see how the series incorporated that element in the first deviation presented. I enjoyed seeing all the differences in the repeated refrains from the first episode, the "did you raise the price" joke was great, but everything revolving Akashi was also pretty interesting. The different promise, her coming to warn/bail out Watashi after his stunt, the different way it expressed her distant relationship to others.

This is an inherently risky premise for a series, while it's fascinating for the second run-through, the risk of becoming too repetitive is certainly high, even with such a small episode count. It's a slightly worrying concern, but I think the series will be able to pull it off because if nothing else, the unique content within this structure was pretty entertaining. The dude building a rock climbing wall but with boobs is such an absurd way to showcase his fetish that it got a good laugh out of me for example.

But I do hope the series goes beyond the episodic structure introduced to us. Both circles ended up very similar, which makes it clear that issue here doesn't stem with Watashi's decision at the beginning, but with him himself. Stuff like him accepting his own responsibility in his actions rather than just shifting blame to Ozu's influence, or to actual deliver on one of these promises to Akashi than exacting some sort of revenge are already clear arcs established, and I do have faith that these developments (or something similar) will ultimately spring from the alternate timelines.
May 6, 2022 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
Hold up. Is this a different scenario? Like a different timeline? Didn't he say he had joined the tennis club and met Ozu there? I think after the fall from the bridge, he went back in time to live out his life in a different way but hasn't realized this. Also, Ozu seems to be a henchman of the matrimonial god.

Wait so the girls were the ones peeking at him while he was changing and they proceed to call HIM the pervert? How ironic.

How and why did any of the girls agree to showcase their boobs in the name of a movie made by a college club lol?

It was so satisfying to see Jougasaki getting exposed like that lmao.

Welp by now I'm kinda used to the subtitles. This episode was really good. Idk why maybe now that I can focus on the story better?

May 23, 2022 9:26 PM
Apr 2021
Great episode, really loving the anime so far, so each episode he restarts his college life since last time he was a tennis player and this time hes in the film club?? ig thats what the clock signifies.
Jun 21, 2022 11:43 PM

Feb 2021
So by going back in times he gets unlimited tries to find his resolve to his personal struggles but life never works out for him. They didn't need to make it fast forwarded, that's just pretentious
Sep 5, 2022 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
Ozu looks like that alien in American Dad. Still not really sure whats happening.
Oct 25, 2022 1:43 PM

Feb 2020
It's getting Interesting.
Feb 8, 2023 5:00 PM
Feb 2023
This episode is really establishing the rhythm and expectations of the episodes to come. The take down of the head of the Cinema Circle was particularly fun and feels like a nod to antics of western college comedies!

I'm excited to see what comes next!
Aug 13, 2023 2:57 PM

Aug 2022
So things are changing. I thought that this was going to have a run-of-the-mill time travel, but this is way better.

Jogusaki is fucked up, lol.
Aug 24, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2010

134 by Karva1 »»
May 6, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

93 by Karva1 »»
May 6, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2010

152 by Karva1 »»
May 5, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ESSWHY - Apr 22, 2010

332 by Karva1 »»
May 5, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

controlmajortom - Jul 1, 2010

352 by PsychicSensor »»
Apr 30, 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.