Forum Settings
Forums
New
Those who have, do you find your work to be cringy or do you still like it?
Aug 11, 2022 4:28 PM

Jun 2017
When i first got into anime, i was big into the stuff. It was new for me. I even thoguht about writing my own. I've attempted, had ideas but 90% of them are just on my hard drive and not published. I've written typical stuff, and original character stuff.

The only thing i've ever published publicly is a wrestling fic featuring a crossover of various characters in other mediums in a royal rumble.

I also did some character x reader fics.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2022 4:41 PM

May 2013
Not really fan fiction but in the mid 2000s I was in the process of doodling myself a comic adaptation of the classic megaman games.

I took some liberties and if course with other newer games it would have been incongruent but it was a fun project.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Aug 11, 2022 4:44 PM

Oct 2016
I did fan comics of Captain Underpants and Animorphs with my brother in elementary school. I've written a few character x reader fics. I still write them but I never publish them.

Also what's the link to the wrestling fic? I need it
Aug 11, 2022 4:53 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Yeah, I started writing some as a kid, since I was a huge Sonic nerd back then. Don't worry it wasn't anything degenerate. Though, it was so far removed from the source material, that I could probably use those ideas in an original work and nothing would really change.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Aug 11, 2022 5:13 PM

Jun 2017
spaceslut said:
I did fan comics of Captain Underpants and Animorphs with my brother in elementary school. I've written a few character x reader fics. I still write them but I never publish them.

Look up Ultimate Crossover Royal Rumble on Fanfiction.net. I was still a young teen when i wrote it so the style's kind of shitty.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Aug 11, 2022 5:48 PM

Jun 2021
I just did it once, then I stopped myself when I realized what I was doing and cringed too much, I don't even remember what it was about, I did it when I was very little
Am still ashamed of it, never do this things when you bored pls

Delivery box | Links | Cards | Forum set by me ♡
Aug 11, 2022 8:40 PM

Jun 2022
i treid to write some a few years ago. got like 3 paragraphs in. but it took way too long and and i didnt knwo what i was doing with it. writing is hard. that was my first attempt at writing and im not planning on trying again
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Aug 11, 2022 8:58 PM

Jul 2020
yeah... and I'm not proud of what I did

I'm glad I deleted them so I can't read that shit again lmao

it was a ____ x creepypastas

Aug 11, 2022 9:34 PM

Mar 2021
I actually wrote a short story and submitted it to a fanfiction site. I only made one piece because it wasn't good enough for others to read and I couldn't think of a continuation.

Aug 11, 2022 10:08 PM

Oct 2016
TheBlockernator said:
spaceslut said:

Look up Ultimate Crossover Royal Rumble on Fanfiction.net. I was still a young teen when i wrote it so the style's kind of shitty.

Beautiful Story 20/10. I love funny fics.
Aug 12, 2022 12:25 AM

Aug 2020
I wrote a short romantic fanfiction for a MAL challenge once and that was the only time I've written one.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Aug 12, 2022 1:30 AM

Mar 2021
I've written a few one-shots based on Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon. Take a look, and let me know if you've got any critiques: https://m.fanfiction.net/u/15117753/MeanMrMusician

Aug 12, 2022 4:14 AM

May 2016
yup. even published them on a certain fanfic site because 12 year old me thought i was the best author ever and needed everyone to see how elite my storytelling skills were... never took them down so they're unfortunately still out there lmao. i even made a covers for the fics in some online editing program hahahaha
Aug 12, 2022 8:54 AM

Sep 2018
I haven't posted anything on AO3 yet because I'm not confident in my writing but I do actively attempt to write fanfiction. I should honestly just post whatever bullshit I want since folks on AO3 are some of the most chill I've ever seen.
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
Aug 12, 2022 8:58 AM

Feb 2018
How can I write if I barely read anything XD
I am not ashamed to admit that I don't really read books

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Aug 12, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, but not about anime.

This was before fanfiction became a thing in pop culture, I basically just wrote spinoffs for shows with new characters. Nothing too fancy, but definitely not a romance story as most are these days.
Aug 12, 2022 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
I wrote a few ones as a teenager, which I unfortunately did not manage to save as the hosting site deactivated (It was the Windows Live Spaces if anyone remembers). The last thing I wrote is something from Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, here. It is very short similar to the anime storytelling format; an episode cut into 3 or 4 parts.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Aug 12, 2022 5:27 PM

Mar 2022
NOO I havent! But I really really want to!
I love to read, but I dont think I'm a very good writer
I figure fanfiction is probably the easiest place to begin, sooo we'll see..

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
Aug 12, 2022 5:35 PM
Jun 2022
Yes, and you aim to be a pro, you should write without caring if it's "garbage" to get better at it too.
Aug 12, 2022 5:57 PM

Dec 2021
I may or may not have written a bunch of fanfics I try to forget about.
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
Aug 12, 2022 6:14 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
I have wrote a lot actually. If I find feel free to roast me and my writing.
Aug 13, 2022 1:05 AM

Jan 2021
ive written/deleted so much fanfiction across various accounts on different sites that it'd be impossible for me to count it. i've been sharing fic online since about 2015, which is apparently 7 years ago now??? crazy

i used to write youtuber fanfiction back in like middle school which was SUUUUPER cringey, i have since realised how weird that is and deleted it all.

my most popular fic on my current account has 300+ kudos on archive of our own and is one of the most popular works for the ship i wrote it for, which is kind of crazy to think about.

blockberry creative will pay for its crimes

Aug 13, 2022 6:12 AM

Jun 2021
Yes, after spending my final two years of high school drawing (horrible) comics that didn't stop for the entire following full year, i began writing one in the spring of 2007 and it got interrupted at late 2008 or early 2009 for both self cringe for what they were and more time needed to pass at my job (and different other interests...) Don't even want to try to come back to read it at that internet site (if it still exists), nor i want to find it on hard disk storage and blank cds i saved from back then.

This fanfiction was just a story about a uprising (even if crippled and with mental problems) basketball player starting from his teen years in the late 90's, struggling with celebrity that he didn't want, and trying to find a second plan in life if the professional hoops player career wouldn't have become a thing. It was obviously very inspired by my experiences from junior high (1997-2000) and high school (2000-2005) but the main character was a fictional one as they were the two most other important people too, so all in all it was a slice of life story with popular media from the y2k times and following years as a background. For example, the main cast watches Cowboy Bebop on a weekly basis 'cause it was aired for the first time on italian television from late 1999 to the spring of 2000, and if i remember correctly, that's more of less the point when i stopped writing everything, before what would have been the recreation of my real life 4-days school trip from 29th of may to the 1st of june of 2000, including the characters singing The Bad Touch by the Bloodhoung Gang in the Eiffel 65 remix, All The Small Things by Blink 182 or Otherside by Red Hot Chili Peppers, while playing the first generation of Pokemon trading cards or some of the later games ever released for the original Game Boy.

Starting with 2010, considering i was personally more and more interested to the 80's especially for music and movies, i began developing a prequel story with a new set of original characters that are the parents or older brothers of the ones from the above fanction, and even if not in written form it became a sort of radio adaptation in february 2011 that had a plot beginning on the last day of 1979 with a bunch of 10 years old kids and their growth to become young adults at the end of the following decade. The quality was abysmal, i actually did the voices for the female characters too except for some rare external help here and there during a run of probably 55 episodes that plot wise arrived to mid 1986, and then i abruptly stopped again in the spring of 2012 when i was at a rock bottom moment in personal life with way more important problems to solve before a bad fanfiction became more and more dark, influenced by my depressed mood of those days. It didn't have any success, and the only two frequent listeners are people that sooner or later i had a very bad falling out with for some similar and some very different reasons.

In my mind, even after i got a job again just three months later and returned happy as a result, i retconned the hell out of these stories here and there, i'm honest with my feelings, i'd like so much to bring all of them back, but i don't have absolutely any more time, actual good will, talent, or tools to comply in any kind of possible media, considering i already failed them all hard. I wanted to be able to connect the 80's plot to the late 90's one covering of course also the decade into them, and finally going as far at least into extending the story until the very end of 2019, but at this point i've already just accepted it is all just in my imagination and that's final. Whatever, it's kinda fun even just thinking about it.
_untitledAug 13, 2022 6:16 AM
Aug 13, 2022 6:16 AM

Jun 2020
No, but sometimes i think up some what if stories for series i like when i'm in the shower.
Aug 17, 2022 3:08 PM
Aug 2022
I have always struggled with literature so there's no way I'd ever try writing a story
Aug 17, 2022 3:25 PM

May 2013
I've never tried to write any. Been reading plenty of them since i found about them

Aug 17, 2022 4:07 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Yes i like writing mystery stories though i never upload them..it helps me get stuff off my mind

Aug 17, 2022 4:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah. I used to write fanfiction every now and then. I think more than half were crack fics that were pretending not to be crack fics though. Nowadays, I just work on original creative content.
Fanfiction's a nice path to that I think, because you get a lot of practice writing things about characters and a world that already exists so you don't have to worry about too much planning. Then you might start moving on to writing alternate universe type of things that might require more planning. Then you've already got a lot of experience with writing stuff, understanding what works and what doesn't by the time you're writing your own stuff. Kinda nice.

zenviolet said:
NOO I havent! But I really really want to!
I love to read, but I dont think I'm a very good writer
I figure fanfiction is probably the easiest place to begin, sooo we'll see..

Yeah, go for it! It is a great place to start! You'll likely get better the more you write and the more you read as well! Good luck!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 17, 2022 5:24 PM

Mar 2022
@Swiggy your so right! I picked one of my fav anime and I'm currently finishing the 3rd piece of fanfiction. it was pretty cute & creative, but sort of elementary for me... HOWEVRR I figure that this is perfect for me and my "elementary writing style" so far.. Practice does make Perfect right!

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
Aug 17, 2022 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
zenviolet said:
@Swiggy your so right! I picked one of my fav anime and I'm currently finishing the 3rd piece of fanfiction. it was pretty cute & creative, but sort of elementary for me... HOWEVRR I figure that this is perfect for me and my "elementary writing style" so far.. Practice does make Perfect right!

+1

Fanfiction can be a good place to start for new writers. It's kind of like a writing prompt, but more detailed.

Personally, I've written fanfiction of a niche fantasy story I used to love. Looking back, it was pretty bad, but at least it allowed me to take that important first step and put pen to paper, so the speak.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Aug 17, 2022 5:37 PM

Apr 2017
When I was in middle school I really liked reading fanfiction and wrote a few chapters of a Homestuck x reader fanfiction, but it didn't get really far because I kept putting off writing it. I also made a fan dating sim in high school about Hamilton, which was basically just a choose your own adventure fanfiction. I find both pretty cringy nowadays though. I think as a medium it's pretty neat though and while I don't read much fanfiction anymore I think it's nice that there is a bigger community for it now. ^^

Even if helping people is easy,
asking for help is a hurdle of it's own.
Kaoru Gojou

Aug 18, 2022 9:37 AM

Aug 2017
I've written a paragraph or two but it has yet to be published
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Aug 18, 2022 1:02 PM

Mar 2022
I have and I do! I find everything I wrote pre-2021 to be pretty cringe (*cough* me and a former friend's awful LoZ au fic *cough*). I took a break from it for a while but have been getting back into it recently and am seriously considering posting some of it online somewhere. I wrote one a couple weeks ago and truly think it's one of the best things I've written, and I've written some pretty good essays.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Feb 16, 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
I like reading and writing fanfiction, but always lose my interest soon, if I can't write with my own characters and world.
But kinda writing a DnD fanfiction more or less for my fantasystory? I have my own world and characters, but races, magic etc are DnD-based, because well, I love it?

It's also tiring after some time that lot of fanfics don't have much story or don't care much about the setting etc, but are mostly smut or fluff. Although I like that sometimes.
Feb 17, 6:34 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
When I was little me and my friend made crossover fanfic from our fandoms. I still have the notebook and I plan on hiding it because it does not need to be seen
Gee, it sure is boring around here
Feb 17, 9:05 PM

Mar 2021
Wrote some? yes

Shared it with anyone? Heeeeellll nooo

Feb 19, 9:27 PM

Jun 2014
I wrote a few when I was a kid. The only ones I remember were both based on Pokémon. One was about a Pikachu who went to a school with other Pokémon and got bullied by a Gengar. The other was set in the Mystery Dungeon world, but I didn't get very far with it. I did try to make my own Pokémon region, called the Renju region. I was lazy, so I just used real Pokémon instead of inventing most of my own. I also use Team Rocket as the evil team in the region, because they are my favorite evil team, and what is Pokémon without Team Rocket?

Most of the other stuff I wrote were basically just rip-offs of various shows and games I liked at the time, just with the characters and names changed.
MalkshakeFeb 19, 9:35 PM
Feb 19, 10:29 PM

Jul 2014
I actually ended up losing a bit to a friend I'm high school and had to write a hardcore gay fanfic of an anime of my choice. Went with Monster lol.
Take care of yourself

Feb 21, 1:01 PM

Jun 2020
I had some ideas recently for a Fate X Raildex crossover. But i wasn't quite satisfied with my writing so i stopped
Probably should've just written that mess anyway to see how people would react, it kinda became a weird Gundam/Zero Wing parody as i thought it up
Mar 28, 9:37 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
Reply to Malkshake
I wrote a few when I was a kid. The only ones I remember were both based on Pokémon. One was about a Pikachu who went to a school with other Pokémon and got bullied by a Gengar. The other was set in the Mystery Dungeon world, but I didn't get very far with it. I did try to make my own Pokémon region, called the Renju region. I was lazy, so I just used real Pokémon instead of inventing most of my own. I also use Team Rocket as the evil team in the region, because they are my favorite evil team, and what is Pokémon without Team Rocket?

Most of the other stuff I wrote were basically just rip-offs of various shows and games I liked at the time, just with the characters and names changed.
@Malkshake

Bro I just got flashbacks where I wrote a cringey story of ash and pikaxhu using ho oh to kill team rocket and presented it to the entire third grade class because we had to write a story and read it out loud 🗿
Gee, it sure is boring around here
Mar 28, 10:47 PM
Oct 2019
I still write fanfic! I’m writing a 5K self-insert right now, I have no shame 🫡
Mar 28, 11:10 PM
Apr 2018
Tried and succeeded. I write fanfiction regularly. My longest completed fic is over 130k, and I'm pretty sure the revision process is going to add much more to that number once I get around to it. Currently working on a fic for Noblesse, then switching to a BnHA romance in April.

I'm only proud of some of the ones I've published so far. It's embarrassing to even look at the others, but I can't bring myself to take them down.
Mar 29, 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
I am not good at writing fiction. Which is why I don't do fan fics.
Apr 1, 1:41 PM

Aug 2018
I have never woven written down ideas into a fanfiction but I daydream a lot and when I was really into Doctor Who I made up a lot of adventures about the doctor. It was the only time I ever had the plan to write fanfiction, but I am glad that plan never materialized. These kind of stories always tend to become a little self indulgent and turn almost into a perversion of the source material. It can be really difficult to hit or immitate the right tone. I suppose I prefer to keep those things as a daydream.
Apr 1, 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
i did write some nsfw fanfics, but only kept them to myself ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ. they are too embarassing when i think of them now...
Apr 1, 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
No I have not. I don't have enough creative energy for it.
Apr 2, 11:32 AM

Jul 2021
i really wish i had the motivation to start writing again.
i have a yuri on ice fic sitting at *checks wattpad* 22.4k reads which i abandoned on a cliff hanger, unupdated since 2017
this was an automated message from big yappers inc.
please send any complaints to your local waterstones counter.
Apr 17, 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
Waste of time. Because the original work of fiction is already bad enough. Not worth making fan fiction of it.
Apr 17, 11:11 PM

Apr 2023
Tried? You should see the AO3 kudos I can claim to my name. When me and the ol' alch get together nothing is impossible.
Apr 17, 11:14 PM

Mar 2023
I actually wrote a bunch of fanfics as school projects in primary school.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

70 by TheMechaManiac »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - Apr 18

22 by _Nette_ »»
60 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

54 by traed »»
1 hour ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

27 by cody »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

24 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.