Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 19, 2022 6:29 AM

Sep 2017
I would like people that believe gender roles have a natural origin in humans to consider what we are finding about societies living not that long ago :

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/prehistoric-female-hunter-discovery-upends-gender-role-assumptions

30 to 50% of hunters may have been women.

This was just 9000 years ago, just before the agricultural revolution.

Do you see my point ?
May 19, 2022 6:48 AM

Feb 2019
I have a feeling conforming to gender norms is how we become happy. And the whole movement to defy it is to cause harm to society. The global elite want nothing more than to destabilize and subvert society to make everyone miserable.
Conformity doesn't lead to happiness. It leads to resignation and apathy towards one's misfortunes and oppression, to being unwilling to fight back. It's way easier to think there's nothing you can do but accept fate. After all, that's how it always was and it worked out fine.

As a manichean all-powerful movie villain that wishes to keep the populace docile, that's what I would push for: conformity and uniformity... And that's also why you could write a much more convincing manichean all-powerful movie villain out of reactionaries than progressives. When are conspiracy theorists going to take those creative writing classes?
May 19, 2022 9:17 AM

Jun 2019
_Nette_ said:
Meusnier said:

Okay, but the point is that the "global elite" did not have to do anything to make you the way you are. So people who suffer from infertility or refuse to have children are mere sex objects? The worth of people is not determined by their ability to procreate, and one who can procreate does not magically stops being treated like a thing if they were treated like one. Your only issue is that some people objectified you. Not the satanists (unless they happened to be satanists too!...), not the Illuminati, not the liberals (I am confident that they were mostly liberal though!... Mm, not the "liberal elites" then).

The contemporary American society is a puritan one, and the so-called sexual degeneracy that you mention has always existed and was much worse amongst noblemen and gentlewomen of the past centuries (not saying that it did not exist in the bourgeoisie...). Under Louis XV, it was only slightly more obvious than under Louis XIV that Versailles was Europe's largest brothel. I would really recommend you to read the memoirs of Casanova (it is a fun read too!) to get educated about the sexual lives of people in Europe during the second half of the 18th century.

What makes people dumber is not sex but a lack thereof—the effects of sexual deprivation on the psyche are well-known. Look at all the "black-pilled" people here... What you should blame is mass education and mindless entertainment promoted by mass media as "art" (they forgot the "f"!).

If I cant procreate then what purpose do I even have? I cant have sex with people anymore. I'm too damaged to fulfill my only purpose anymore. I'm aimless and worthless now.

And gee the elite of the time of the past be degenerates? Never would have guessed.

And yeah art and media has become a tool to degrade society. That's why I hate predictive programming media as well as media that encourages cultural destruction.

I honestly have no idea why you believe that people's worth is only about procreation... But I hope that you will eventually meet someone who will help you getting rid of this uncanny and self-damaging mindset.

The point is that nothing has really changed, and yet, the so-called traditional values were more respected in the past. In fact, the pseudo elites are much less "degenerate" than they used to be when they could live in impunity.

Not art, culture. Art can only liberate you.
May 19, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
Opticflash said:
I agree. We should have never allowed women their independence. Women wearing pants was a mistake. The only activity they should partake in is cooking and cleaning, pleasing a man and raising his child. If a man weeps in front of other men, they are a failure. If you are not the breadwinner of the family, or if you do not have complete control over your wife, you should not be called a man. If your wife disobeys, hit her. That's what a man should do. The worst offenders are crossdressers/femboys who make a mockery of manhood.

I see you too are a fellow Quran enjoyer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
nette u havent gotten back health insurance yet? what is obamacare good for?
May 19, 2022 11:15 AM

Jun 2012
Moonspeak said:
@AnnaSartin

I agree with your overall message, but the most recent researchs points to another direction :

Hunter/gatherer tribes had more women active in hunting than we thought.

Physical traits were not that big at the time, muscular mass was enough for everyone to participate in those.

The gender difference wasn't really of natural origin.

It has been created by civilization, to ensure obedience of one gender, when men needed women to stay working on other sedentary activities, having more goods to take care of.

So no, women were capable of hunting then.

We put them in that role, it's becoming more obvious when you study ancient ways of living.

Women, even if they were capable of hunting, still fell into the roles of child rearing because that was beneficial back in the days of the paleolethic (as well as more recent times).

You can say gender roles were a conscious decision, or that they were a natural progression, but the point is they came about long ago when conditions were vastly different, and have been retained because that's how it's always been. But in the modern day they are no longer essential.
Shoot first, think never.
May 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
"Gender norms" are bullshit. There's nothing forcing women to wear dresses and have long hair, there's nothing forcing men to fix cars and wear suits, gender norms aren't real. We made them up. Every society has different gender norms, and that is because they don't exist, they're imaginary rules people created centuries ago to pretend as if there's some core reason why we are the way we are when there isn't any. Gender norms mean nothing.
"Piccolo you have no sauce"
May 19, 2022 11:58 AM

Nov 2013
Society will always have norms and social expectations. People focus too much on the idea of getting rid of all norms for its own sake. It's impossible. They can only change to something else. Some can be harmful, but not all.

Is shaving your head, getting a dozen piercings and dumb tattoos, dressing like an idiot really idividualizing yourself and sticking it to an oppressive society?

No it's just contrarianism. People are trying to find themselves and are going about it the wrong way.

I can see you

May 19, 2022 7:59 PM

Jan 2019
Hormonal and sex differences will arise naturally, there is no need to impose them. Yet, a society that embraces "gender normalcy" doesn't have to be one of intolerance. Quite literally, all we have to do is be more open minded and accepting of differences, by letting the exceptions be exceptions.

It's easier to think there is a higher reason for your suffering that comes from a grand political plot or an undeniable biological truth that we are running from... but sadly, the only real reason is an unlucky chain of events that happened before you and lead society to the current point of intolerance. It didn't have to be that way, it just is. But I suspect that won't be the case forever, as the world is changing fast every day.
May 19, 2022 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
@_Nette_
You know feeling miserable is one thing, but you really seem like the type of person, who tries to make others miserable with you.
You try to put the blame on them for what... having their own personality? ... not society as a whole. You blame them for not playing along nicely, as you think now you should. So what? Everyone should?

Anyway, nobody should change their interests and likings, because of some gender norms.
I already got some shit for liking typical female stuff and having typical femake personality traits, whatever that nonsense is, as I got shit for liking typical male stuff and having typical make personality traits.. whatever that nonsense is.

Quite a lot of people just love putting everything in either a male or female category and want everyone of this category to function almost the same way, because they are just simple-minded and a more complex world and people make their little thinking machine go ouch.
May 20, 2022 12:39 AM

May 2013
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
@_Nette_
You know feeling miserable is one thing, but you really seem like the type of person, who tries to make others miserable with you.
You try to put the blame on them for what... having their own personality? ... not society as a whole. You blame them for not playing along nicely, as you think now you should. So what? Everyone should?

Anyway, nobody should change their interests and likings, because of some gender norms.
I already got some shit for liking typical female stuff and having typical femake personality traits, whatever that nonsense is, as I got shit for liking typical male stuff and having typical make personality traits.. whatever that nonsense is.

Quite a lot of people just love putting everything in either a male or female category and want everyone of this category to function almost the same way, because they are just simple-minded and a more complex world and people make their little thinking machine go ouch.

It's a more complex than miserable. It is rather a more aimless feeling. I dunno, just being LGBT has been the worst experiences of my life. Been fucked with and hurt so many times. I don't want anyone to experience all the fucked up shit have for being LGBT.

I guess I am high now but yeah. In my eyes adhering to gender norms protects you from both those that do and don't. Because LGBT people are equally as dangerous as non LGBT people I have learned.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 20, 2022 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
Stringent gender norms only serve to limit how we live our lives. Furthermore, the fact these norms change over history proves they are not so much a necessity as they are whims of the powers that be that do little but divide us. As such, if people are to be able to live without being compelled down paths society chooses for them and to be seen as individuals rather than by any physiological feature, gender abolitionism is a natural solution. Ultimately, I believe freedom is the means by which people can find happiness because happiness isn't something that can be assigned to someone, and a more accepting and tolerant society which doesn't concern itself with individual life choices of others is intrinsically good to that end.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
May 20, 2022 10:23 AM
Oct 2020
Railey2 said:

Milzol said:
women were never as "successful" and "emancipated" and, at the same time, never so unhappy. the solution then is even more of the policies that put them into that state.
yeah, I'm sure they were happier when they were regularly beaten by their men and forced to spend their lives with someone who saw them as lesser. Today I learned that second class citizen = happiness, apparently.

You're a despicable human being and I hope you lead a miserable life at the fringes of society, where you belong. Fuck outta here.

of course varous societies before say the 2000s had social norms against beating your wife. even if you wanted to quote the bible or quran, they endorse violence against women only under narrow circumstances.

furthermore there are other mechanisms for preventing husbands from beating their wifes than just crazy progressive indoctrination and the modern court system.

the nuclear family is a quite recent thing. before that people lived in clans. so the husband wasn't the tyrant of the houshold, the tyrant was the chief of the whole clan, maybe a grandfather. also people married distant cousins, so they were still part of the same family. women had a lot of brothers that were nearby. brothers that believed in the duty of protecting their sister and so on.

the fringes of society contain the only places where you can still tell the truth. the mainstream is sick. but why should i "fuck outta here", isn't this board part of the fringe?? where do you want me to go?
May 20, 2022 11:26 AM

Oct 2011
There's a psychologist who has said in interviews that even countries where gender equality for jobs and opportunity are more prevalent, people tend to follow more on the biology or mindset of their gender by picking jobs based on such.

He said women tend to prefer jobs working with people so they'll more likely pick a nursing job or anything working with people while men will more likely pick an engineer job or anything to do with working with objects and materials. So in these countries they can't exactly make the gender roles equal for each job because most will pick them.

He explains it better than I do, so if you look up Jordan Peterson and some of his gender equality interviews. You might see the one I'm referring to.

So although people's minds are one gender or another, no matter what body you are in, this mindset may more align with one or the other, but of course that can't be applied to every single person either male or female or whatever else in-between or outside of these.
May 20, 2022 12:56 PM

May 2013
@Meusnier There is a level el of optimism in your reply in that thr hope of me finding someone to help change my viewpoint. That's nice but a little naive. It's really hard to describe the existence doled out to someone like me but it is a pretty worthless existence. I dunno deep down I want someone out there to love me but I know for a fact that would be me acting out of line. Not worth searching for someone if it will make their existence less valuable by proxy.

@Verthandi11 obamacare is pretty much for the elderly and disabled. Technically I have a psychiatric disability but because I use sheer willpower to push past it I dont qualify. It's like to get on disability in general here I have to be jobless for 2 years which for me means homelessness. One day I'm gonna crack though and lose everything I've built up over the past 3 years.

@Eatpeener1234 Just because they are made up doesnt mean they aren't a successful idea. Laws are made up but they keep society functioning.

@_Maneki-Neko_ I know I replied to you last night but I was high af and not really good at articulating my thoughts.

My motivation for my belief isn't entirely set in stone either. It depends on my mood really. Bit from what I have seen and experienced defying gender norms is a potential disaster. It ruins lives including my own.

I do know a part if why I feel this way is self hatred. I think that's something people underestimate about the trans experience and that is self loathing. I've hated myself ever since I was 4 years old when my mother crushed my dreams of being a girl. But I learned over time she was correct and was protecting me from this ever creeping self hatred. It's like if I never learned I was trans I could have gone my whole life repressing who I was and I would have been safe and functional. Not whatever I am now. What I am now is the endgame of defying gender norms which pretty much is suicidal self loathing through a never ending feeling of inadequacy and inferiority

I want to spare people from this fate. I dont want others to deal with it. Defying gender norms is not worth it at all.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 20, 2022 2:15 PM

Mar 2008
_Nette_ said:

It's a more complex than miserable. It is rather a more aimless feeling. I dunno, just being LGBT has been the worst experiences of my life. Been fucked with and hurt so many times. I don't want anyone to experience all the fucked up shit have for being LGBT.

I guess I am high now but yeah. In my eyes adhering to gender norms protects you from both those that do and don't. Because LGBT people are equally as dangerous as non LGBT people I have learned.

Everyone gets hurt at some point. Doesn't matter if they are man or woman, gay or straight, trans or cis. Class plays a role too which is why you don't see bourgeoisie LGBT have so much struggle with being LGBT.

_Nette_ said:

I do know a part if why I feel this way is self hatred. I think that's something people underestimate about the trans experience and that is self loathing. I've hated myself ever since I was 4 years old when my mother crushed my dreams of being a girl. But I learned over time she was correct and was protecting me from this ever creeping self hatred. It's like if I never learned I was trans I could have gone my whole life repressing who I was and I would have been safe and functional. Not whatever I am now. What I am now is the endgame of defying gender norms which pretty much is suicidal self loathing through a never ending feeling of inadequacy and inferiority

I want to spare people from this fate. I dont want others to deal with it. Defying gender norms is not worth it at all.

You probably would have hated yourself anyway just for different related reasons. I don't think I've ever seen someone repressed in anything that loved themselves.

And conforming to gender norms isn't worth it either. Like I said just dont conform or go entirely against in spite just be who you want to be.
May 20, 2022 2:30 PM

Jun 2019
_Nette_ said:
@Meusnier There is a level el of optimism in your reply in that thr hope of me finding someone to help change my viewpoint. That's nice but a little naive. It's really hard to describe the existence doled out to someone like me but it is a pretty worthless existence. I dunno deep down I want someone out there to love me but I know for a fact that would be me acting out of line. Not worth searching for someone if it will make their existence less valuable by proxy.

I think that it is a good form of naïveté! For it does really take much to find someone who treats you decently. There is obviously something more subtle and mysterious that happens between two lovers than mere sex as Céline pointed out. As a Kantian concept, it cannot be stated in words for it would limit it, but I hope that you understand the general idea.
May 20, 2022 2:34 PM

Feb 2022
Man people care so much about something that was invented by a pedophile Kiwi that made two siblings commit suicide.
Die like you did by the lake on Naboo.
May 20, 2022 2:53 PM

Dec 2008
Gender norms exist for a “reason”? I wonder what that reason could be.
May 20, 2022 6:31 PM

Jul 2015
Dije said:
Railey2 said:
yeah, crazy progressive indoctrination, such as "respect women" and the modern court systems that put you into jail if you do beat your wife. So terrible.

And yeah, as we all know, these other measures that religions use work beautifully. Works so well they have courses on how to beat your wife "respectfully".

Reality is, this type of shit is why everything short of proper equal rights is doomed to fail. OBVIOUSLY if you're seen as lesser, inhibitions to commit violence against you will also disappear. The only way to combat this is to establish proper equality, which is achieved through the so called "progressive indoctrination" that you hate so much.

alternative explanation: The mainstream actually gets lots of things right and you're just a pathetic loser. Good thing you'll never be in a position to get a wife, because you'd probably start beating her eventually. People like you are always hellbent on "putting women in their place", trying to justify it saying it'd make them happier. Seen it a million times before, it's really nothing new. "Oh, we just want the best for them, and that means they should go back to what they're naturally best at, which is being servants to men, aka me. There was another guy like that on here, same story.

As for where you should go, maybe try /pol/ or something, although I'm sure you're already a regular there. Or maybe some wacky telegram groups? Daily stormer message boards? Incel.me? Any place that's crawling with (exclusively) filth will do, you'll blend right in.

Are you talking about actual data or only about your subjective beliefs? Can you send me the link which states that all women before were abused and beaten by their husbands?
where did I say "all"?
Why would I even bother when you're obviously coming at me in bad faith? First thing I get from you is a blatant strawman. Go and waste someone else's time.

If you're really interested, go read up on the history of domestic violence. Spoiler: Bleak times. Very bleak times. Domestic violence against women has been socially accepted either implicitly or even openly for most of human history. Thanks to progressive values this is now no longer the case, but it's important to remember where we'd be at without that.

Not like utter imbeciles like Milzol would ever appreciate this. They'd rather go back to subjugating women because that's the only way they'll ever be able to have power over anyone, which is something they deeply crave.
Railey2May 20, 2022 6:36 PM
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 20, 2022 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
Dije said:
Railey2 said:
where did I say "all"?
Why would I even bother when you're obviously coming at me in bad faith? First thing I get from you is a blatant strawman. Go and waste someone else's time.

If you're really interested, go read up on the history of domestic violence. Spoiler: Bleak times. Very bleak times. Domestic violence against women has been socially accepted either implicitly or even openly for most of human history. Thanks to progressive values this is now no longer the case, but it's important to remember where we'd be at without that.

Not like utter imbeciles like Milzol would ever appreciate this. They'd rather go back to subjugating women because that's the only way they'll ever be able to have power over anyone, which is something they deeply crave.

I read that but it's talking about 1600-1800.
Railey2 said:
where did I say "all"?

First, I'm pretty sure my time is most valuable than yours.
Second, I read that paragraph but found no data. It is only written that until 1800 beating women was legal and other things about those time, but 1800 is a long way off. Can we narrow our discussion from 1945 to 2000? Do you have data on how much common beating wifes was done from 1945 to 2000 and how was the situation of the woman in the traditional family in this period?
You didn't read it very well then, because it also said

"In most legal systems around the world, DV has been addressed only from the 1990s onward; indeed, before the late 20th century, in most countries there was very little protection, in law or in practice, against DV."
Not sure why you'd even argue this. It's pretty much common knowledge. But hey, I almost forgot that I'm dealing with another bad-faith andy here. Damn.

Anyway, some data since you seem to be too incompetent to get it for yourself, so you need other to spoonfeed it to you:
https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-SRH-21.6 (less progressive countries have far more domestic violence, to the surprise of no one).

Here's an interesting article showing how some people used to think about domestic violence before progressive values took over: https://time.com/3426225/domestic-violence-therapy/
(really gross read)
In my own country, raping your wife was essentially legal until 1997. And the same is true for most other countries, the actual rulings that made it illegal came shockingly late. Women, even in somewhat recent history, have often been regarded as property of the man that they were married to. Now use your tiny brain for a second and think about what that implies for the social acceptance of domestic violence against women. Hmm?? What conclusion do you reach?

You know what, you're just another clown. Honestly sitting here, pretending that domestic violence wasn't a widespread thing in the 40s, compared to today. Simply laughable. The fact that it was mostly legal and often accepted tells us all we need to know.
Railey2May 20, 2022 7:18 PM

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

May 20, 2022 7:48 PM
Oct 2017
Railey2 said:
Dije said:

I read that but it's talking about 1600-1800.

First, I'm pretty sure my time is most valuable than yours.
Second, I read that paragraph but found no data. It is only written that until 1800 beating women was legal and other things about those time, but 1800 is a long way off. Can we narrow our discussion from 1945 to 2000? Do you have data on how much common beating wifes was done from 1945 to 2000 and how was the situation of the woman in the traditional family in this period?

"In most legal systems around the world, DV has been addressed only from the 1990s onward; indeed, before the late 20th century, in most countries there was very little protection, in law or in practice, against DV."
Not sure why you'd even argue this. It's pretty much common knowledge. But hey, I almost forgot that I'm dealing with another bad-faith andy here. Damn.

Anyway, some data since you seem to be too incompetent to get it for yourself, so you need other to spoonfeed it to you:
https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-SRH-21.6 (less progressive countries have far more domestic violence, to the surprise of no one).

Here's an interesting article showing how some people used to think about domestic violence before progressive values took over: https://time.com/3426225/domestic-violence-therapy/
(really gross read)
In my own country, raping your wife was essentially legal until 1997. And the same is true for most other countries, the actual rulings that made it illegal came shockingly late. Women, even in somewhat recent history, have often been regarded as property of the man that they were married to. Now use your tiny brain for a second and think about what that implies for the social acceptance of domestic violence against women. Hmm?? What conclusion do you reach?

You know what, you're just another clown. Honestly sitting here, pretending that domestic violence wasn't a widespread thing in the 40s, compared to today. Simply laughable. The fact that it was mostly legal and often accepted tells us all we need to know.

I deleted the previous answer because I have to go to sleep. I end the discussion with this message. You cannot forge the world of 2022 based on events that took place in the 1600s. It is stupid. You inherited the current world from your parents and grandparents, and if you need to make improvements, you need to focus on the world they left you. What do we do, tomorrow we get up and reinvent the wheel because the primitives didn't have it? It does not make sense.
Was the traditional family that grandparents and parents lived in that terrible? I don't know how the situation was in America, I am European, but for that period in which I got to know my grandparents, I have always seen a great love and respect between them. Never a fight, and obviously never a raised hand.
With my parents I had the opportunity to spend much more time obviously, but I have not seen violence.
Of course I understand that there are asshole men, but in the end it all depends on the people you choose. For this I am genuinely curious to know if there are any estimates of the mistreatment suffered by the wives. Sure there have been cases of mistreatment, but is that enough to justify the total repudiation that is taking place today? And does the total abandonment of the traditional family cause more benefits or harm to our society? Among the benefits, certainly that% of women we do not know who were mistreated before, now no longer risk anything. There are others? I don't see any. Among the negatives, what could be the consequences? I would say, the whole Western world except America is suffering from a huge drop in births. And you don't need to be in bad faith to make 2 + 2 and understand that gender equality is among the reasons. A country in crisis of births is a dying country that will blow up. There will come a point where young people will not be enough to support the pensions of the elderly, and the whole pension system will blow up with consequences that will be paid for by these countries for decades. Less developed countries, where gender equality does not exist, are much more promiscuous and will inevitably become more prosperous than current European countries. So I put it among the negatives, to safeguard a presumably small% of women, all Western culture will be at the expense of it in the future. Is it worth it? I do not think so. Second negative point. Just today the news reached me, and which prompted me to answer you, is that one of my cousins, father of two children, will be separated from his wife. He is almost 40 years old. The reason? She betrayed him. Because? Because watching the TV series she got remorse, because the husband she married is short while on TV everyone gets engaged to the beautiful ones. He obviously can't beat her, but gender equality has allowed a woman to blow up a family, making children who will have to face this tragedy pay the consequences (because for children a family upheaval will always be a drama. , you can't deny it), for a frivolity that doesn't make any sense. If before perhaps the woman would have taken two slaps, wrong as much as you want because there was violence, today, thanks to gender equality, a man and two daughters will suffer psychological violence in that family. Where is the equality in all of this? And I don't have time to continue otherwise I would. These are objective data, do not tell me that I am an incel because I have eviscerated an event of which I have received news. The world is founded on balances. it's a fact. Is it worth it to upset them? In this regard, I would be curious to know the data, as mentioned, because honestly I do not know them, I do not know how serious the situation was before. Furthermore, are we sure that this does not create greater suffering? You have to consider it. In the moment in which to suffer before was 1 and now it is 3, for me it means that the direction the world is taking is wrong. And I do not base this judgment on hatred of women, but on mathematics. Free to insult as much as you want, I'm going to sleep it's late.
May 20, 2022 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
Gender norms wouldn't be a problem if there was tolerance and acceptance for people who step outside of the norms. They might be normal to the majority of the cishet population, but they aren't normal for everyone, and that's perfectly fine. We don't need to tear down traditional masculinity/femininity we just need to make space for all types of expression. There shouldn't be any contradiction in that.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 20, 2022 7:59 PM

Jul 2015
Dije said:
Railey2 said:

(really gross read)

I deleted the previous answer because I have to go to sleep. I end the discussion with this message. You cannot forge the world of 2022 based on events that took place in the 1600s. It is stupid. You inherited the current world from your parents and grandparents, and if you need to make improvements, you need to focus on the world they left you. What do we do, tomorrow we get up and reinvent the wheel because the primitives didn't have it? It does not make sense.
Was the traditional family that grandparents and parents lived in that terrible? I don't know how the situation was in America, I am European, but for that period in which I got to know my grandparents, I have always seen a great love and respect between them. Never a fight, and obviously never a raised hand.
With my parents I had the opportunity to spend much more time obviously, but I have not seen violence.
Of course I understand that there are asshole men, but in the end it all depends on the people you choose. For this I am genuinely curious to know if there are any estimates of the mistreatment suffered by the wives. Sure there have been cases of mistreatment, but is that enough to justify the total repudiation that is taking place today? And does the total abandonment of the traditional family cause more benefits or harm to our society? Among the benefits, certainly that% of women we do not know who were mistreated before, now no longer risk anything. There are others? I don't see any. Among the negatives, what could be the consequences? I would say, the whole Western world except America is suffering from a huge drop in births. And you don't need to be in bad faith to make 2 + 2 and understand that gender equality is among the reasons. A country in crisis of births is a dying country that will blow up. There will come a point where young people will not be enough to support the pensions of the elderly, and the whole pension system will blow up with consequences that will be paid for by these countries for decades. Less developed countries, where gender equality does not exist, are much more promiscuous and will inevitably become more prosperous than current European countries. So I put it among the negatives, to safeguard a presumably small% of women, all Western culture will be at the expense of it in the future. Is it worth it? I do not think so. Second negative point. Just today the news reached me, and which prompted me to answer you, is that one of my cousins, father of two children, will be separated from his wife. He is almost 40 years old. The reason? She betrayed him. Because? Because watching the TV series she got remorse, because the husband she married is short while on TV everyone gets engaged to the beautiful ones. He obviously can't beat her, but gender equality has allowed a woman to blow up a family, making children who will have to face this tragedy pay the consequences (because for children a family upheaval will always be a drama. , you can't deny it), for a frivolity that doesn't make any sense. If before perhaps the woman would have taken two slaps, wrong as much as you want because there was violence, today, thanks to gender equality, a man and two daughters will suffer psychological violence in that family. Where is the equality in all of this? And I don't have time to continue otherwise I would. These are objective data, do not tell me that I am an incel because I have eviscerated an event of which I have received news. The world is founded on balances. it's a fact. Is it worth it to upset them? In this regard, I would be curious to know the data, as mentioned, because honestly I do not know them, I do not know how serious the situation was before. Furthermore, are we sure that this does not create greater suffering? You have to consider it. In the moment in which to suffer before was 1 and now it is 3, for me it means that the direction the world is taking is wrong. And I do not base this judgment on hatred of women, but on mathematics. Free to insult as much as you want, I'm going to sleep it's late.
There's no data from the 40s on wife-beating that I know of, but today's data from more patriarchal countries gives you a decent estimate. And once again, we know that back then the attitudes towards domestic violence were very different.
Blaming the woman for getting beaten was the norm, for example ("she must've done something to upset him"). Consider that it was widely accepted back then and you can guess that it was probably pretty common.

I don't believe anyone who says that they care about women when they honestly consider bringing back the structures that led to so much suffering back then and still cause so much suffering today.
In short: I think you're full of shit. Standard conservative mumbo-jumbo about balances, but at the end the policies people like you suggest speak for themselves. You sicken me. Honestly.

That story about your cousin in particular, or rather the way you framed it. "If only we didn't have gender equality, then she would've been chained to her husband forever! Gender equality allowed her to blow up her family! Back then he would have just beaten her and then the issue would've been solved!"

*vomit*

and I'm not arguing that your cousins wife is a good person. I don't know her, and I don't care. But that framing alone is enough to make me want to jump out of a window, goddamn am I happy to be born today and not 80 years ago when people like you were a dime in a dozen. Fuck me. Absolutely disgusting.

May 20, 2022 8:00 PM

Dec 2021
Gender norms exist for a reason

Yes, to keep power in the hands of the powerful and to keep those without power powerless
May 20, 2022 8:14 PM

May 2016
yeah there is a reason why there is leagues for woman and men for professional sports.
May 20, 2022 10:51 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I do agree, that there is a practical purpose to established gender roles, especially when it comes to getting a job, or entering a relationship. If people don't know what they are getting into, it could cause problems down the line. But I don't think that you are inherently less valuable as a person, if you don't fit into those norms.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 21, 2022 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
_Nette_ said:

@Verthandi11 obamacare is pretty much for the elderly and disabled. Technically I have a psychiatric disability but because I use sheer willpower to push past it I dont qualify. It's like to get on disability in general here I have to be jobless for 2 years which for me means homelessness. One day I'm gonna crack though and lose everything I've built up over the past 3 years.
getting back on meds shud be biggest priority as it will fix many of the problems ure having. how can u get insurance back ? what changed to make u lose it ? if insurance is not an option is there any other way to get the money for doctors visit for prescription n meds ? is raising money thru means like gofundme an option ?
May 21, 2022 2:28 AM

Feb 2022
Women should be THICC like in the Stone Age
May 21, 2022 3:42 AM
Oct 2020
Railey2 said:
yeah, crazy progressive indoctrination, such as "respect women" and the modern court systems that put you into jail if you do beat your wife. So terrible.

it is not simply "respect women", it is "when women are better in something than men then this proves that they are better people" and "when women are worse at something than men it proves that they are discriminated against" among other equally absurd notions.

they probably put people in jail for far less. the meaning of the word rape drastically changed. they certainly fire men for far less, for example for bad jokes.

As for where you should go, maybe try /pol/ or something, although I'm sure you're already a regular there. Or maybe some wacky telegram groups? Daily stormer message boards? Incel.me? Any place that's crawling with (exclusively) filth will do, you'll blend right in.

just as wrong as your caricature of the past, but i have to admit i have visited incel.co once.
so i made some youtube videos claiming that hitler had autism. when i looked at the analytics i discovered a sudden jump on one day. i looked at where it came from. it was from incel.co. someone had posted my video there. the discussion centered mostly around my accent being annoying to listen to. incels believe in all kinds of ideas that progressives normally like. they believe in equality for example. every man should have his wife. i believe in inequality.

@LoliAnchorman
jared diamond wrote a book on his time in papua newguinnea. he claims that he never saw even one overweight person there until they introduced the western diet. so when the statue was made no women probably had such a body type. there is no indication that it represents a beauty ideal. even if it did, it could have been created by one person, so why should it represent the majority view?
May 21, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think being trans means you defy gender norms. Gender norms are very much just a concept, it's just sad that their existence leads to so much anger and violence. Being trans used to be much less polarizing, you're my age so you might remember reality TV shows from like ten years ago where girls with, um, ducks were a trope but no one questioned their gender identity as they were complying with gender norms. Progression truly helps and hurts at the same time.

Even now most people are more okay with trans people that follow gender norms. And they're still peeved by cis people who don't. It's like one issue screws over both sides.

I'm pretty feminine, but within my little bubble of the world being a masculine girl is more cool - given you don't have muscle or short hair. It's more about baggy clothes. But society is, like, annoying. No one should care.
May 21, 2022 10:20 AM

Oct 2015
This sure blew up.

I mean, slavery happened for a reason. It's not a particularly good reason.
May 21, 2022 12:10 PM

Oct 2017
Yeah they existed and for good reason for the longest time. Gender roles and even patriarchal societies evolved due to competition and a need for survival. They entailed many unsavoury aspects we wish to improve upon but they didn't just come about without logic with the only goal to screw people as much as possible.

The industrial revolution though and modern society has thrown a wrench into that for better or worse I guess depending where you look and it did change things. We don't need to live in society ruled by gender norms anymore and that gives people a lot libertine freedom.

I can't say for you specifically. Personally there is apart of me that wants to run away from what is expected of men. A part that desires aspects associated with femininity and the like. I am bi too and some of that again doesn't fit into the "traditional man" archetype in at least some societies. Even in societies that did "tolerate" homosexuality to some degree you had to be always powerful. That said ultimately on the other hand fulfilling and living up to I guess the ideal I have in my head of what a man should be is probably the most fulfilling thing as well.

Not everyone desires to fit into a box but at the same time people acting like the box didn't exist or wasn't satisfying for most people also is incredibly presumptuous. A lot of guys like the feeling of responsibility of being the strong protector who brings home the bacon. A lot of girls do look forward to being a caring mother. It's not just marketing, it's not just society but rather biologically there are largely differences in how we act and think.

Should we enforce that box? No. At the same time demonizing the box isn't always helpful. People think they are running to freedom only to find just as much misery in their free libertine choice compared to what the box would choose. I think the freedom to be gender non conforming is great. I think a tolerant and open society is great but at the same time I also do think there is good stability that comes from gender norms to some degree. We should encourage freedom for those that desire it but the strong father figure or caring mother roles shouldn't be consistently mocked as I feel they have been in modern society. Gender roles shouldn't inherently be seen as oppressive just because they were enforced on some that didn't fit into them. They aren't arbitrary constructs.
BilboBaggins365May 21, 2022 12:25 PM
May 21, 2022 1:12 PM

Feb 2022
Auron_ said:
This sure blew up.

I mean, slavery happened for a reason. It's not a particularly good reason.
I'm still waiting for the American Government to give me money for stealing my family's farm equipment.

Land of the Free my ass. Taking people's farm equipment and not paying for it.
May 24, 2022 10:22 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for being a controversial topic.

Casual Discussion Rules 7:
Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 1 hour ago

3 by LightWorker »»
57 seconds ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

60 by vampirismsxc »»
10 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

45 by vampirismsxc »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

32 by duchessliz87 »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

27 by KitsuFrost »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.